All Comments on 'Keeper of the Streets'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
ABSTRUSEABSTRUSEabout 19 years ago
Wow...

That was riveting and now I must know more. Such imaginative visuals, makes you see things in a different light.

Great piece Doc, can't wait to see what happens from here.

Abs.

rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
God damn, doc

That really freaked me out.

Shuddering and shivering inside now, as if the ground I stand on isn't really there.

Well done.

Black TulipBlack Tulipabout 19 years ago
Between the frames

I still like the image of seeing between the frames of the film so you look at whole different versions of reality.

You did well with this one. The notion of the city as an emotional compost heap is a powerful one.

Truly magic of the New World.

Penelope StreetPenelope Streetabout 19 years ago
Different, in the best possible way.

Stunning imagery lends an appropriately eerie feeling to a tale that works on multiple levels. I love the subtle, and not so subtle, ways Lia learns there is much more to the world than meets the eye.

Alex De KokAlex De Kokabout 19 years ago
Powerful magic!

I may have strange dreams tonight ...

A piece that deserves a fuller audience - expand it and sell it!

Alex

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Twilight Zone....

Long before you mentioned Twilight Zone, I had recognized the similarities of flavor and mystery of your story. You see, while I was still in college, back in the last century, I was employed by a television station to edit film. Well, not really edit film, to destroy portions of films, like Twilight Zone. Back when tv staions still received 16mm film of programs, there were positions to run commercials. The station I worked for was guilty of greed. They had me take five minutes out of Twilight Zone so they would have the extra time to run more commerials. That is greed, right?

Twilight Zone was always the hardest to find five minutes I could "snip out" without destroying the storyline. I recall having to preview some of those programs two or three times to find one minute here and another two minutes later that would not be "missed" by viewers, who never knew they were being "cheated".

Doc, be honest, did you write some of those scripts for Rod Serling? This story would certainly get you a job as a script writer for Twilight Zone. Maybe the networks will see their way clear to bring that one back. Naaaaa, probably not. Just in case, why don't you send this story to Jerry Brucheimer, Executive Producerof all the CSI shows on CBS.

You are indeed a wonderfully, talented writer.

A loyal fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Astonishing

I truly never cease to be amazed by your writing. It's just astounding how rich the texture is, how utterly involved in the text i find myself and how each piece completely shut every other piece you write out of awareness. Each text is such an amazing whole that it flows seamlessly, drawing you in trapping you in this world. I was astonished to find i wasn't sitting there waiting for the sex...i was simply waiting for the next marvel to reveal itself.

I love your writing. Please, where does the story go?

Lairenn

cocoprincesscocoprincessover 17 years ago
Simply astounding

I really liked this story, as disturbing as it is...Is there any hope of continuing it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Shouldn't have read this at night....

I may have to reread 'Midlife Correction' to be able to sleep tonight. Your mind is filled with an astounding variety of ideas and images. Some erotic, some scary, all are irresistable. You just draw me into every story and I feel it and live it. In some cases that is disturbing and in others it is completely lovely. This one falls somewhere in between...and I think I will never look at a city street or building quite the same way again.

I agree with the others who hope for more of this story. And thank you for sharing your genius.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous