All Comments on 'Lowborn Ch. 06'

by Darkniciad

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Awesome

as usual :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Indigo

You keeled my f... brother, prepare to die :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good stuff!

Keep it up. Who threw the dagger? Will Raven live? What's with what's her name? Cliffhangers galore!

Can you explain the magic and Mindblind's lack of it as a deformity a little more? Maybe I didn't read Ch. 1 carefully enough, but I'm not sure I understand the rules in your world.

dloold87dloold87almost 11 years ago
Indigo

@Anonymous, I had the exact thought you did and immediate flashback to the princess bride. Good work on the story so far, cant wait to see what comes next.

DarkniciadDarkniciadalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Yep!

If you look back a few chapters, when a reader ( same one? ) caught the reference of Pompeil's name, I said in the comments that there was another "I see what you did there!" moment coming *laugh*

Raven is the one who threw the dagger. The other questions from that comment will have to wait until Friday ;)

As to Mindblind's ability to resist magic, it's partially due to his heritage. He's the result of a rape by a warrior goblin. These are larger, bulkier cousins of the goblins in my world. They're highly resistant to magic, but not terribly bright. Fortunately, Mindblind only got the good half of that equation :)

The rest is luck of the draw. Some people are simply more resistant to the arcane arts than others. Christi ( Casting off Convention, Blackhawk Hall ) has very similar resistance, even though her family doesn't demonstrate similar ability.

SadieRoseSadieRosealmost 11 years ago
Prepare to die...

Heheh...Princess Bride. I thought exactly the same thing at that moment. Love that book (and film). This is a cool story. Fantasy fic was my first love and I'm enjoying this a lot. :)

Thanks for the suggestions the other night too. xx Sadie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Glad you are back :)

It's always nice to check into the submissions page of a writer you like and find a new read. This time I found several nice juicy new chapters. Thanks bunches Dark. Lynn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous