Mixed Blessings Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her mouth opened. Her voice rasped out a single word. "Soul!"

His head snapped up to meet her bland eyes. "I've come to a realization my darling." Laslie began to pace. "Souls do not reincarnate together out of some foolish concept of love. No! There is one thing that runs the world. One thing that everyone seeks out. Power." Laslie stopped moving and turned towards her. "That is what I have come to understand. Without power, we are all at the mercy of the fates. And that is a position I refuse to be in."

Laslie moved over to Alicia's skirt, discarded on the floor. As he lifted it, he realized it was in little better condition than she was. He slid the motel key into her pocket and turned to one of the guards. "Put this back on her, give her a shirt and escort her from here." He looked back to his one-time love and felt sorrow over what might have been. "She will never bother us again."

Thank you for reading Mixed Blessings. As always, your comments are appreciated. If you enjoyed Alicia, you might also enjoy my Gifting Night series for the adventures of other Dhase. The Dhase are a creation of my muse and anyone wishing to use them should contact me for more information. Thank you, once more, for reading and, again, please vote.

Copywrite January 2007, by Deathlynx