A Walk Through Nature

Story Info
A lesson in nature.
3.1k words
4.47
38.8k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PDumbledore
PDumbledore
395 Followers

"Are you sure you want to do this Gina?"

"Yes I do. I can't believe that a successful corporate lawyer like you can be a naturalist, and I want to see first hand what you see in nature."

James laughed back at her. "Corporate lawyers like me huh?"

As they pulled their gear out of the back of his Land Rover, James looked over at Gina. She was a few years younger than his 36, but he could tell that she took great care of herself, and looked years younger. James worked long hours, and had very little time left for a social life. Gina was a secretary with the firm he was in, and when he told her that he was a naturalist, she laughed and told him that she couldn't believe it. James told her that he was going camping that weekend in the Snoqualmie National Forest for four days, and if she didn't believe him, then she was welcome to join him.

Now here they were getting the gear unloaded. James was dressed in a pair of camouflage pants, green t-shirt with hiking boots, and Gina wore a pair of khaki shorts that showed off her shapely legs, boots, and a tank top with a man's button down shirt tied around her midriff.

"Hey, where's the tent?" Gina asked.

"Who said we needed a tent."

"What about snakes and bugs?"

"What about them?" James said with a smile. "You wanted to see what I saw in nature, and there is no better way then to sleep under the stars. Besides, I don't own a tent."

Gina had a frown, but still wanted to go with him. She had been through a few relationships over the years, but nothing ever came out of them. Gina considered her work her life, so she stayed single. When James started working at the firm a few years back, he was nice with everyone, and she enjoyed watching him work. He was there when she arrived in the mornings, and was still there when she left. Gina knew that he spent very little time away from the firm, so when James invited her to come along, she jumped at the chance to get out herself. James told her to bring nothing but a few changes of clothes, and to wear something comfortable to hike with.

When James had separated the gear, he gave Gina a small backpack, helped her put it on, and then put a bigger heavier pack on his back. A short while after taking off, he found them both thick tree limbs that had fallen.

"What are these for?" Gina asked.

"We can use them as walking sticks, and they also can be used to fend off snakes and other creatures."

When James mentioned snakes, Gina grabbed the bigger of the limbs and started looking around on the ground. Laughing at her antics, James continued on.

They continued hiking for a few hours when Gina asked James if they could stop and rest for a few minutes. They had been walking along a stream, so James stopped, and took a drink from his canteen.

"I still don't understand why you enjoy this so much." Gina told him.

"Take a deep breath," he told her.

Gina did, and then broke out in a smile.

"Mints," she said.

"Field Mints," James told her. "Look."

He was pointing to a plant on the stream bank. It was about twelve inches tall, and had lavender flowers in dense clusters along the square stem at each leave base. The leaves themselves were lance-shaped and were in clusters of two.

"See that plant on the other side."

Gina looked to see where he was pointing, and saw a plant that was almost identical to the Field Mint, but the lavender flower clusters were at the top of the stem.

"That's a Peppermint plant."

"I didn't know mint plants grew here."

"Yes. The Field Mint is the only native species. The Peppermint was brought over by the early colonists. It is believed to be a cross between the Spearmint and Water Mint. Their oils also repel several insects."

"You do know your stuff don't you?"

"Yes I do. You see those tracks in the stream bank?"

Gina looked and saw two indentations in the soft soil. Both exactly the same, right next to each other. The straight sides were next to each other, and the outer edge curved around in a half-moon shape.

"Oh, what are those?"

"Deer tracks, more than likely from a Mule Deer."

"You have proved you know this stuff, but why do you like it."

"Listen."

Neither one said anything, and Gina turned her head as she listened. She heard the gentle waters of the stream flow by, the birds singing their songs, and the soft breeze as it blew through the Douglas-Firs and against her skin.

"All I hear are the birds and the water."

"What else do you hear?"

"Nothing."

"Exactly."

Gina looked at James with a question look on her face.

"I like to come out here and listen to Mother Nature sing her song, and relax. Out here you don't hear the hustle and bustle of every day life back in the city, no one yelling at you, no deadlines to meet. Just nature at it's best. It helps me unwind and clear my mind. Do you ever wonder why I come into the office sometimes and it looks like nothing bothers me?"

"Yes."

"This is why."

They put their canteens away and continued walking.

Through meadows of Giant Red Paintbrush and Mountain Phlox they passed, Gina amazed at all the color they observed as they hiked. The red tips of the Paintbrush, the pale lilac to white flowers of the Phlox, to the blue or purple hooded flowers of the Blue Monkshood. They even stopped and observed a herd of Mule Deer. The males standing a good four feet at the shoulders with antlers spaced evenly apart, the does slightly smaller, and even a few small spotted fawns. James pointed to one male and told her that was the head of the herd. He was undoubtedly the biggest of all of them, weighing in at well over 200 pounds, the antlers themselves forked into 2 equal branches. James counted the points of the antlers and explained to Gina that it was a 12-point buck. A prize for any hunter.

"Are you a hunter James?"

"For food yes."

"I don't understand."

"I don't hunt for sport, and dislike it greatly. If you hunt as a last resort for food to feed your family, then I will understand. The so-called sport hunters will shot and kill all they can and it greatly disrupts the food chain. It also changes the course of mother nature."

They watched the herd a little longer, and then continued on.

When they stopped for the night, Gina watched as James cleared an area for a fire, gathered tree bark and twigs to get it going, and then started to gather bigger pieces of fallen branches. Gina was amazed when he took the larger pieces and constructed a crud lean-to big enough for both of them to sleep in. James also gathered pine needles and laid them on the ground inside. She guessed that this was going to be the mattress they were going to sleep on.

"Where did you learn all of this?" Gina asked.

"I started doing this when I was in the scouts growing up, and when I was old enough to go off on my own, I would go camping for a week, or a weekend, and learn by doing it. I also have numerous books at home."

Gina was so engrossed watching James, that when she heard the hoot-hoot of an owl she jumped and looked around. James walked up behind her and pointed half way up a tree. There in the fading sunlight stood a large owl watching them. It stood roughly two feet tall, the feathers a mottled brown and light brown in color.

"A Great Horned Owl." James explained to her.

"How can you tell?"

"See the widely spaced ears sticking up? They are also called it's horns, hence the name."

"You are going to have to let me borrow some of your books when we get back. You know so much, and I know so little."

James laughed at her and continued working.

Gina continued watching him. He cooked dinner over the hat size fire, and then they sat and talked until well after dark. When it was time for them to turn in, James pulled a few blankets out of their packs, laid one on the pine needles, handed her one, and covered himself up with another as he laid down. Gina lay next to him, and they were soon sound asleep.

Some time during the early morning hours, Gina woke with a start, and heard something that had to be large scrounging through the woods. The fire had died down to a few burning embers, so she couldn't see what it may be. Moving closer to James for the security, Gina closed her eyes and was soon back asleep.

When Gina woke again, the sun was coming up, and her bladder was screaming to be relieved. Both James and her were in the spoon position, and his arm was draped over her. She enjoyed the feel of him, but her bladder was screaming louder. Gina eased herself away from James, and moved a little bit away from where they had camped to ease the pain.

When she was done, Gina walked to where she could watch the sun rise, and sat there watching the different colors in the sky until James woke and sat beside her.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

"Yes it is, and I didn't realize it could be this way. By the time I am on the road heading to work in the mornings, the sun is already up, and I can't enjoy it like this."

"You better watch out. It can be very addicting."

They sat in silence, until James stated that they had to get going. When they were ready to go, Gina looked where they had slept, and it didn't even look like two people had stayed there.

When they hiked that day, James and Gina passed within site of snow-capped mountains, and they made a wide arch when they came upon a mother black bear and two cubs. They watched far a short time as the mother moved logs and rocks out of the way so the cubs could get to the grub underneath.

They both continued on with their journey, with James pointing out the different animals. The Black-capped Chickadee's, Purple Finch's, Song Sparrow's, and for the first time Gina saw a Bald Eagle. It sailed overhead, and it looked huge with the seven-foot wingspan. They also came upon Snowshoe Hares, Raccoon's, Red Fox's, and even a Striped Skunk. James quickly pulled her away so that they wouldn't get sprayed.

When they stopped again for the evening, James picked a spot not far from a river, sat up camp again, found a wrist thick limb, and sharpened it to a point.

"What are you going to do with that?" Gina asked.

"Go fishing."

Gina walked with him to the river, and watched as James rolled his pants up and waded out into the water. Not long afterwards, he threw the sharpened limb and came up with what he called a Rainbow Trout. It had a green, pink and white color to it, and was about two feet long. James got two more before he walked out of the water.

After scraping off the scales, cutting out the gills, and cleaning out the insides, James pulled a zip lock bag of flower and seasoning out of his pack to cook them with. When they had their fill of fish, James rummaged in his pack again and came out with a bar of soap and clean clothes.

"If you will pardon me, I am going to get cleaned up at the river. You can stay here, or come down with me."

At first Gina stayed, but then got a clean set of clothes and walked down. When she got there, James was sitting in the river with his back to her, and his clothes lying on the bank.

"Don't turn around James."

Gina stripped down, and soon joined him. When she first stepped into the frigid water, Gina gasped, but soon got use to the coldness. She sat down so they were back to back, and asked for the soap so she could lather up. Neither one said a word until James asked her.

"Would you soap up my back for me? If you don't want to I can understand."

At first Gina hesitated, but then turned and washed his back for him. Even though she worked with James and saw him every day, this was the first time that Gina touched him in any manner. She noticed that even though he was a lawyer and wore tailor made suits, James took very good care of himself. He had very tight muscular shoulders that angled down to a well-tanned torso. His deltoids and upper arms were in the shape that could only be obtained from lifting weights. Gina soon started to feel light headed and had to stop. She handed him the soap and turned back around again.

Gina had to splash the cold water over her naked body to cool down. She jumped when a pair of hands touched her.

"I thought I would return the favor." James told her.

Gina crossed her arms over her breasts and let him wash her. His hands felt soft and tender on her back as he lathered her. She closed her eyes as he gently massaged her back. Every now and then James would touch the sides of her breasts, but then would quickly work on her back again.

Just as quickly as it started, it was over. Gina heard him splash around, and then she was alone. She waited for a few minutes so he could dress, and then rinsed off, stood, and walked out of the water.

When Gina got back to where they were camped for the evening, the sun was starting to sit in the sky, so both of them sat in silence and watched it slowly sink away.

James didn't construct a lean-to, so that evening they lay on a bed of pine needles under the starry sky. Lying there, James pointed out the different constellations in the night. The Big Dipper, the Little Dipper, Cassiopeia, Orion and Orion's Belt. He even told her how to locate the North Star. As she lay their listening to the night sounds, and the sound of James talking to her, Gina started to relax and drift off. Right before she fell into a soundless sleep, she turned toward him, and placed her arm over his chest. Once again enjoying the feel of him beside her.

As they went on with their journey the following day, James continued with Gina's education of Mother Nature and the great outdoors. When they stopped again for the evening, Gina asked James if they could sleep under the starts again, so they did.

Gina was lying so that her head was on James's shoulder, and his arm was around her with his hand resting on her hip.

"Tomorrow we should be back at the rover." He told her.

Gina leaned up on her elbow and looked down at James.

"The time has flown by. At first I didn't know if I was going to enjoy myself, but this has been a real learning experience for me, and I greatly appreciate it."

"We can do this again if you would like." He told her looking up into her star lit face.

"I would love too."

Before she realized what she was doing, softly at first, then passionately, Gina kissed him. James placed his free hand on the back of her head, and their tongues were soon lightly dancing with each other. Long minutes later, he rolled her over and started to plant soft, light kisses on her face and neck. The touch of his wet lips was taking Gina to all new heights. She moaned into the night as she lightly caressed his back.

Gina soon felt James kissing down the plunging neckline of the shirt she was wearing. When she felt it being unbuttoned, and the cool night breeze on her skin, Gina moaned again. When James had her bare breasts exposed to the night, she drew him to one. Gina started to shake in orgasm as she felt him suck her erect nipple into his hungry mouth. The soft touching and kissing of James was driving her crazy.

With both of them lost in the thought of loving each other, their clothes were soon off, and they were lying naked in the moonlight.

Wanting to feel James inside her, Gina rolled him onto his back, and straddled his hips as she slid his hard cock into her waiting vagina. She wanted to ravage his body and have mad passionate sex with him, but Gina slid his cock in and out of her, acting as if they were two kindred spirits mating.

Slowly they made love under the star covered blanket of night, not making a noise, just lost in the thought of linking their souls together. They moved as one, joined only by his cock going in and out of her. Slowly they went, until Gina felt James's seed erupt in her. She then threw her head back, and screamed into the night as her seed joined his. When she again caught her breath, Gina lay on James's chest, still joined, and kissed him.

James then rolled her over, and continued to slide his cock in and out of her. Gina locked her ankles behind him, wrapped her arms around his back, and pulled James tightly to her, wanting their bodies to become one.

Slowly they continued making love, until their seeds soon became one again. With their arms entwined, they both soon fell asleep, knowing that their souls had finally joined.

It was then that the animals of the night came out. The bear, the deer, the cougar, and the wolf came together. The Deer Mouse and Snowshoe Hare came out of their homes to sit on the ground. A Long-tailed Weasel and Mink slowly made their way into the clearing. An Owl flew from the trees, and softly landing on the back of the bear. They stayed there and watched as two newly joined spirits became one with Mother Nature.

****

I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Whether it is positive or negative, please let me know what you think. If you enjoyed what you have read, please give it a five.

PDumbledore
PDumbledore
395 Followers