24 hours, 5 years, 10 months Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I calmed down a bit as she went on. "Jim, please don't ever think that way again, not about me. That side of me was over 5 years ago. I will never go through that much pain in my life again for stupidity. Not for anything at all."

"But wait a minute, you are offering something like that for me? I don't understand."

"I'm getting to that Jim. Please be patient with me, I need to tell you the whole story. We got back and we were pretty happy, and very worn out. I told her to open some wine and we had dinner together. That first bottle went into a second.

"Jim, we really connected. We talked about our lives at that time and since then. She got to hear much more about my affair with Jay and my life after that. She shared her life with me. We both had to dig ourselves out of some deep holes. The only difference was that I was the one that dug my own deep dark hole. She was pushed into hers.

"As you may expect, two tipsy women started to talk about their sex lives. She's 27 and I'm still 25. I talked about my marriage and what was wrong with me and my lack of responsiveness. Then I spoke about you and us and the downs then the ups of the past months. To say the least bit, she was jealous.

"Between glasses of wine, it came out that she'd go after you in a heartbeat if somebody wasn't in your life. She said that you're attractive and would be quite a catch." At this I know I blushed and Gail Marie tried to stifle a giggle.

"By the way Jim, I personally think that she completely understated you. You're more than a catch." She stood up and kissed my lips before she sat back down.

"That's when I got that idea of you and Mary. It seemed to be a great idea at the time and I still think that it's a good idea. You've been wonderful and this would allow you to.." She paused reading my face and immediately changed direction "...if you were interested in a three way, I'd be up for that. I know she was in a three way once with two guys in college. From what she said, neither of us are interested in any girl-on-girl actions and..."

"Wait a minute before my head totally spins off my shoulders. It's now gone from getting in the sack, free and clear with Mary to now the both of you?"

"Well, yes. I want to do something great for you and I know that she'd like this two. I'm the one that fucked up both of you and..."

"And this will clear your conscious? Getting me and Mary in bed together will make you feel better?" It became very quiet. I could see the wheels turning, I didn't know where it was going to turn to.

She looked at me rather sheepishly, "I'm taking it that this isn't on your list of things you'd like to do? I thought that guys would like to have a free and clear three way with two women?"

"No Gail Marie, it's more than that. You've been punishing yourself for years. I show up in your life on a blind dinner date. Since then, all I want is for you to see that that part of your life has to be over. No more, I want an equal partner.

"You are somebody I can trust. Can you trust that you are a wonderful person? Without having to make amends to me or anybody else for the rest of your life?

Her eyes looked somewhere else, not at me. She was looking inside. I could see the conflict.

"Do you really want to clear your conscious with me?" She nodded yes. "Then will you go to pre-cana conferences with me?"

Her face went into immediate shock then wonder then an all-encompassing joy. Couples go to Pre-cana conferences before getting married in the Catholic church. It is a class where you talk about religious and other interpersonal issues that couples normally don't talk about. To say the least it's an eye opener and a relationship builder. All my friends that have done it have felt the benefits of it.

I hadn't been much of a church goer for years, and only started back after my divorce. This was not really 'fire-engine religion' for me. The house burned down already. It was more of a 'rebuilding a strong house' religion connection.

"Will you marry me Gail Marie?" She didn't speak an answer, but I got knocked down from her jumping into my arms, hugging, kissing and crying. That's when Gail Marie's cell started ringing. Someone was needing a ride home from the hospital.

In the parking lot of St Peter's, Gail Marie and I got back in our car. We were still dripping bird seed and snow flurries. It used to be rice, but this is somehow easier on somebody, so we now have flower petals and bird seed. The reception for the 40 people for our wedding is at a restaurant 5 miles away. No big hall, but a celebration anyway. Terry and Bill stood up and Bill chewed gum during the entire ceremony.

We both pulled out our smart phones and opened up our Gmail accounts. We both had a series of emails in draft. They were addressed to the same people of over five years ago. All we needed to do was to insert a picture of us and sent them out. The subject line" "WITH GREAT JOY, Announcing the marriage .." It was only 24 hours, 5 years and 10 months later.

12