34 Minutes Ch. 05

Story Info
No one really knows how to feel.
2.2k words
4.57
35.9k
47

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/20/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fcknfresh
fcknfresh
216 Followers

Nicole stared from behind her oversized Chanel sunglasses across the table at Tony. He was talking, but her mind was somewhere else.

It always happened like this with them. Tony would cheat, Nicole would go ghost on him, and he would come back running, and crying with promises that he was changed. And usually, Nicole would be waiting for that call.

But a few hours ago, when the call from Tony came inviting her to breakfast, she was on Justin was on top of her, making love to her like Tony never ever had. And right now, all she could think about was the way it felt when he kissed her neck, and the things he whispered as she came.

"Baby?"

She looked back towards Tony. "What?"

"I was asking you if you liked the earrings?" His sad eyes moved to the box that was still on the table. The green onyx Tacori earrings that he had forgotten to get her for her birthday; the gift that he had brought her today as an apology.

"Yeah, I like them. You know I've wanted them forever."

He nodded. "Yeah baby, I looked all over the city for them." The proud smile he had on his face made her sick. Like really? Buying affection? Though it probably would have worked before, things were a little different this time. "Baby, I'm really sorry about the whole Justin thing."

Hearing his name made her blush, but she was suddenly more interested. "What do you mean?"

"I had him stay over there last night... Just to—you know, make sure you were being 100 with me." He rubbed a hand over his head. "I know I get crazy sometimes, but I was fucking sick when I couldn't talk to you... you know I start thinking all this crazy shit... I'm sorry."

Nicole smiled. She lied, "Oh... so that's why all of a sudden he was so friendly." Nicole looked down at the earrings and back up at Tony. His hazel eyes were pleading, and seemingly sincere. And they almost made it easy to forget that he had been balls deep in another bitch a few hours ago. "Why should I even keep fucking with you, Tony?"

He looked confused. "What do you mean?" He really seemed to be caught off guard by her question. "You know how much we love each other, babe." He reached across the table. "You know how much I need you."

"Do you, though?" Nicole was really struggling not to slap him. She couldn't let him know how much she really knew about what he was doing to her, thanks to Justin. Usually, she was completely in the dark, and a few sweet words were all she needed to hear.

"Of course I do, baby." He brought her hand to his lips and kissed her fingertips. "I can't do shit without you. You see how crazy I am about you... having Justin check on you... you're all I care about."

Nicole started to rebut every word he had just said, "Tony—"

"Baby, look." Tony's face changed. He looked down, and around at the other tables at Brio. "I'm going to do something different right now. I'm going to keep it 100 with you."

Nicole made a face. Honesty? This was new.

"I'm listening."

----------------

When Justin woke up the next morning, he was a little blown when he realized that Nicole wasn't there.

He had spent the entire night trying to make up for their less than romantic first time. He made love to her more times than he could remember, slow and deliberately, so that he made sure he delivered on the promise he had made before.

The way that she had been moaning, scratching, and begging for him... he definitely didn't think that after last night he was going to wake up alone.

And when he checked his phone, he never thought that after last night, he would have a text in his inbox from Nicole that read, "Meeting Tony for breakfast. Hmu later?"

He stared down at his phone, not entirely sure how to feel.

----------------

"Say something."

Nicole stared across the table at Tony. Over the last few minutes, he had not only divulged the fact that he was cheating on her but with more than one person. "What the fuck am I supposed to say, Tony?"

He shrugged and sat back in his chair. "I'm telling you the truth because I want to change. I don't want you to hear this shit from someone else. So it's up to you whether you want to accept this change or not."

Nicole definitely hadn't been expecting this. And she didn't like the way she felt.

She had already known about both girls, but never in a million years did she think Tony would admit to anything. She didn't like that she actually felt herself wanting to accept his apology. "How do I know your really changing?"She crossed her arms. "You always say the same shit."

"But have I ever admitted to anything?" Tony moved to pull his phone out of his pocket. Then slid it in front of her. "Look, I even text Courtney this morning asking about those earrings." He reached over and tapped the screen. "In fact, go through that shit if you want. I'm done hiding shit from you."

Nicole was kind of confused, honestly. Part of her felt like this whole thing was more than sketchy. And oddly timed. For the first time in her life, she actually paid Tony back for the bullshit he did to her... and suddenly he wanted to turn over a new leaf?

"Baby, even I'm starting to realize what a piece of shit I am. You have to be able to see a change right now." He reached across the table and put his hand out.

Nicole felt guilty as shit.

She sighed deeply and slowly put her hand in his. There was something endearing about the smile that spread over his face, but Nicole still had reservations.

Mostly because this was not a part of her plan.

Last night with Justin was a part of it. A few more times with Justin was a part of it. Getting back together with Tony was not. She knew that Justin was probably going to think she was an idiot.

-

Justin had decided not to hang around and wait for Nicole to get back from her reunion with Tony.

He wasn't sure how he felt, but he knew he wasn't OK with it.

It's not like he thought that Nicole was going to leave Tony for him after one night. He didn't even want her to. He didn't want any of the issues that came along with a girlfriend right now. Especially a girlfriend that used to be his best friends.

But he thought that he would at least get a few more nights of "Fuck Tony" out of her. That had been her mantra all night and morning, after all. But now? She hadn't even bothered to give him the text back when he asked if she was OK.

"She can have him," he mumbled to himself. Justin looked down at his phone a final time, then tossed it to the other end of the couch. He sighed and sat back and picked up the remote. A few hours of mindless reality TV would help him get over this letdown.

But, before he could even see what the Real Hip Hop Wives of wherever were up to, there was a knock at his door. He sat for a second, partially wondering how the hell they got up without ringing his phone and partially hoping whoever it was would go away.

"Justin... it's Nicole."

Justin hated how quickly he jumped up when he heard her voice. Hated himself more for how much he wanted to smile when he opened the door and saw her. But he didn't. He kept a straight face. "Oh, hey." He opened the door for her and walked back towards the couch and took a seat.

Nicole closed the door behind her and slowly walked in, taking a seat beside him. "I'm sorry I didn't text you back."

Justin shrugged and kept his eyes on the screen. "It's cool." He looked towards her briefly and caught a glimpse of how worried she looked. "I was really just checking to make sure shit was coo with Tony."

Nicole sighed audibly. "I mean, as cool as it can be." She shifted towards him and pulled her legs up onto the sofa. "He apologized, and admitted a bunch of stuff to me."

Justin looked over at her. "And I bet you took him back?"

----------------

Nicole was already nervous about going to see Justin. And the icy cold front he had been trying to put on since she walked in wasn't doing shit to make her feel better.

In the car on the way her she had gone back and forth in her head. On one hand, last night has been crazy and perfect. And she had gotten way more than she bargained for. And she definitely wanted more. Last night had made her forget why she even needed someone like Tony in her life.

But on the other hand, last night was just sex. It wasn't a promise of love or a relationship, and it wasn't a replacement for what she got from Tony. It was just one night... one mind-blowing and unforgettable night, but still just one night. She and Tony had years. Fucked up years, but years. And who the fuck was Justin to think he could change that? Or have the right to be mad at her for taking him back?

So, when she told Justin about Tony's admissions, the last thing she wanted to hear was criticism.

"And I bet you took him back?" He wasn't frowning or grimacing when he said this. Even worse, his face was blank.

Nicole's eyes narrowed. "And if I did? What's your deal?"

She watched him stand up and cross the room to his kitchen. He silently opened and grabbed a bottle of water. He drank slowly, and pensively. Justin finally turned towards her. "Nicole, why do girls like you put yourself through this shit?"

"Girls like me? What the fuck does that mean?"

He threw his hands up. "Girls who deserve everything! Nicole, real shit, you're fine as fuck. You have all your shit together... you're fucking smart, accomplished... everything that dudes look for in a wife... but you're still settling for this weak ass bullshit?"

Nicole was almost taken aback. She had been ready to be offended. But didn't know how to respond to his angry barrage of... compliments? "Justin, what the fuck kind of person would I be if I didn't give Tony a chance?"

Justin laughed. "A smart one, Nicole." He ran a hand through his hair, obviously irritated. He walked back over to the couch and sat beside her. "Nicole... look. Last night..."

"—We don't have to talk about that." Nicole stopped him immediately, trying not to blush.

"Yes, we do." Justin shook his head. "Last night, if anything, was an opportunity for you to be on some different shit. Whether you enjoyed yourself or not, whether you want to do it again or not... last night was about you, and what you wanted to do... right?"

----------------

Justin felt like it took Nicole a fucking eternity to respond to his question. But she nodded slowly. He was beyond frustrated at this point, but he guessed Nicole was one of those people who needed their hands held through a reality check.

"... so if last night made you happy, that's all that fucking matters. Tony doesn't. And he hasn't in a while. When are you going to stop counting on this man and move on to finding a situation that makes you happy all the time and not just when shit is good?

Nicole looked directly at him and smiled. She raked a hand through her dark hair and sighed. "Justin. I agree with what you're saying. Really."

"But?"

"I been fucking with Tony for a minute. And I know that there is love between us. I would ultimately regret it if I didn't give him a chance when he's willing to change."

Justin shook his head but had to laugh. "I can't fucking believe this."

Nicole stood suddenly. "I'm gonna go Justin. I don't think we are going to agree on shit right now." She picked up her purse and walked to the door and Justin stood and followed her.

He grabbed her hand as she turned the doorknob. He pulled her towards him and embraced her, capturing her in a kiss before she had an opportunity to say anything.

Justin pressed her up against the door and let his tongue and lips try to communicate what wasn't coming through with his words. She kissed him back, and he felt her hand on the back of his neck pulling him in deeper. Her other hand was over his, pushing its way up her side, encouraging him to touch the skin beneath her t-shirt.

Justin started to pull her back towards the living room when she suddenly pushed hard against his chest. She was breathing hard, lips swollen, and backing herself towards the door. And without a word, she turned and left him, standing alone in his condo.

fcknfresh
fcknfresh
216 Followers