53 Miles West of Venus Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The strange Lovett lady was right ... I had more or less been at another funeral, and there would be another one still to come, maybe soon.

Now I was off to the main city airport and fast convenient budget airline flight to LA. Then there would be an evening flight to Hawaii and then a morning flight to Poravuvu, probably on the Clipper, a modernized refit of the old Pan-Am Boeing B-314B Flying Boat, built in the 1950's. Mostly normal commercial flights from Hawaii went either directly to American Samoa or French Fiji, then transferred to a weekly connecting flight to Poravuvu's main airport on the island of Poranga. Built of course by the legendary Col. Renwick, the site of a former WWII USAAC air field, now controlled by his grandson, our 'family friend' John "Renny" Renwick III ... not to mention the King and loving husband to the ruling Queen!

Family, family, family. The late Colonel probably had no idea that this small island kingdom would later become necessary to Wheel's plans, but with the ideal site for any space elevator being as near the equator as possible, it certainly made sense for the family to help engineer a coup to restore the rightful hereditary queen.

That was twenty years ago and now Wheels' dream was safe again ... for now. We desperately needed time (and money, but that's someone else's problem), and now we had some.

The time for testing was done and when I get off of this plane it will be to make sure that the silk threads flow into cable production, and at a faster rate. Reaching low earth orbit was just the first stopping place until we reach our final destination in high earth orbit. There, well have asteroids to mine, space stations and craft fabrication buildings to fabricate, and then onwards ... to construct lunar and Martian bases to take us even further outwards!

Maybe now that Claire's treason had died with her, we'd finish all of this impossible undertaking in time. If we don't, Cassandra had warned Liam, the options are too terrible to calculate ... all bad, and not just for us.

Maybe we'd succeed, save the earth (or enough pieces of it), colonize the rest of the solar system and even discover and travel to a new planet humanity could colonize and perhaps even not screw up!

Maybe someday we'll all come from Planet Claire!