750-1,000 Word Custom Story Store

Story Info
Freddie opens a custom story store.
879 words
3.72
24k
2
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In working for other people as their accountant, I always wanted to own a business. I always wanted to account for my money rather than someone else's money. To be honest, I never liked accounting. I only did it because being good at math; it was easy for me to master debits and credits and assets and liabilities. Good with numbers, I got the concept of balance sheets and income statements, too.

The only other thing that I knew how to do was to write fiction. I wondered how I could incorporate both my love of writing and my accounting expertise into one business. Was there a business that I could begin that would satisfy both sides of my brain? Surely, there was something that I could do, but what?

I went for a walk. Generally walking always helps me to think. In my walk around my neighborhood, I passed a convenience store where the owner, Raja from India, worked twelve hours a day, seven days a week selling newspapers, coffee, groceries, and other sundae items. Although a cash business was appealing and he always drove a new car and had a nice house, I'm sure he didn't legally declare much of his income. I'd never do that as a business, it's too much of a target for robberies.

I passed the cobbler where Vito was too busy repairing a shoe to see my wave. He always looks so happy, but I never liked the smell of worn, dirty leather mixed with shoe polish every time I entered his cobbler's shop. He must be immune to the smell.

The photographer's studio wasn't opened yet. Maybe, she was busy doing a private shooting at someone's home. That'd be a good business to own, until I thought of all the screaming kids she must have to put up with to make a living. Then, there are all those weddings and all those friends and relatives of the bride and the groom to handle.

I passed by the lawyer's office. He was always busy with clients. I remembered the couple of law courses I was required to take to satisfy my degree requirement. I thought accounting was dry reading, until I read a law book; although the case studies were sometimes fun.

Just as was the lawyer's office, the doctor's office was busy, too. The first thing that went through my mind was ogling all those semi-naked and naked hot chicks, especially while giving them a breast exam. Then, I thought about all those guys that I had to check for hernias and hold their testicles while they coughed. Perhaps the advantages of one outweighed the other, but the thing that made me not envy a doctor is when I saw all those old people waiting in his waiting room to be seen. I don't think I'd want to see a naked, old person.

When I walked by the CPA's office, I had a sour stomach. Accounting is such a dismal science. Accountants are ill appreciated with all the bad news that we give business owners. Because we are an expense of the business, we're not appreciated in the way that salespeople are valued because they produce income.

I saw Al working on a car in the bay of his garage while people pumped their own gas. That could be a fun business if you enjoyed working on cars, but I don't like getting my fingernails dirty. Besides, I couldn't work with the public. They'd all think that I was ripping them off by overcharging them for repairs.

Nonetheless, they were all working their dream making money by doing what they loved to do and I was envious that they not only found what they loved to do but also that they made money doing it. Finally, it was when I approached the artist studio and saw all the paintings in the windows that I realized the kind of business that I could open.

I could open a custom story store. I could write stories for people. At first I thought about opening a custom multi-chapter story store, so as to keep people coming back for and paying to get the next chapter of the story. Then, when I thought more about it, I figured that a 750-1,000 word custom story store would work better. Yeah, definitely, even though I'd charge less for a 750-1,000 word custom story than a custom multi-chapter story, what I lost in price, I'd make up for in volume.

People today are busy and oftentimes too busy to read. They want the story quick and fast. Unless they have excess time on their hands, they don't want to be bogged down reading excess words and then impatiently waiting for the next chapter.

I found a small office for lease, big enough for a desk, my computer, and a few comfortable chairs for my customers. The white walls were a blank canvas and I'd have some fun decorating it to my personality.

I had a carpenter make me a sign of a big open book and I had the artist paint the lettering.

Bostonfictionwriter's 750-1,000 Word Story Store.
Custom stories bought, sold, and written at request.
What is your story? Allow me to write one for you.