A Big Shiny Blue Marble Ch. 34

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,931 Followers

The next second, they were somewhere else altogether.

The male found himself feeling the teeth and claws of several demons and threw them all off as he used his latent abilities and strength. When he was free for the moment, he sprang upwards and spread his wings. Several of the crazed demons leapt after him, but after changing to his natural form, he could climb at a much faster rate. His next glance showed him the last moments of the old demon and then he saw the other one of his kind.

She was faring worse than he had been, and so he barrel-rolled and dove back down to rejoin the fight. She was hurt, but he was climbing again after a second with a flock of howling demons after them. He told the female to hold herself to him and fold her wings tightly. It got them the needed altitude and after a brief conversation, he released her and she let go as well to spread her wings and the pair flew off, gaining altitude.

They were higher than any demon could fly within a few more minutes.

They found themselves over mountains an hour or so later, and he could see that she was tired, so he began his descent. On the way down, he saw what looked to be an old settlement of some sort. Not knowing anything at all of humans and their ancient past, he was looking at one of several settlements of a long-departed people who made their homes of adobe brick structures built under overhanging stone ledges. The place was rather small, but it would do, he thought.

He led her over some heavy forest and made for the place, leading her in slowly and landing in a meadow not far away. He helped her into the shade of it and began to care for her, healing what had been done to her and being a little thankful that it had not been him in her place.

They were both small examples of their kind for several reasons, though she was not far off what was normal for a female of her age. He was taller, but he didn't carry the heavy mass of muscles typical of a male. Both of them were thin in both of their shapes, though he was very small for a male. There was a large size difference between males and females. She was about right, though a touch on the small side.

He was a lot smaller than he perhaps should have been for a successful male of the species, but then he was a shaman, so a lot of brute strength wasn't that much of a necessity, and also, he wasn't all that much of a successful male. Inside him, his other spirit was partially female. He was already as fully grown as he would ever get.

When they wished to, they had long heads and even longer necks, and their wings spanned about eighteen feet from wingtip to wingtip. They were ungainly on their legs and usually moved bent forward so that the "elbows" of their wings could support them from the front.

But that only made everything awkward for them on the ground, and so they had another shape. It might say something of a commonality of purpose or just what was best suited for survival, but that other shape was something a little like their Tarkroth neighbors a few miles up the long valley, being more upright, though with a shortened snout and a longer neck than the mountain demons. They had large eyes, completely black, and their skin was light and sand-colored. They could fly like this, but not quite as well as demons. When they were in their natural shape, nothing on their world could fly as fast or as high as they could.

While she rested and ate what he brought for her, he tried to express something to her. They had begun as bitter enemies, but now there was nothing to hate each other for anymore.

She agreed, and after mating a few times, she told him that she was leaving, since she was healing well. She thanked him sincerely and began to go.

He was shocked, and his interpretation was that even though they were the only ones here as far as they both knew, he wasn't the male that she wanted. While he liked her, she wasn't what he'd have wanted either in the ideal sense. He found her moody and somewhat pushy, but he'd been prepared to settle.

When he'd explained it this way, she nodded, but she said that while he'd been good to her, and she held no ill will toward him anymore, she had no wish to become his female, since she knew herself and wanted something that he could never be to her. She shrugged then and told him to take care of himself as she spread her wings to fly off.

He felt sad, but he couldn't argue, so he settled in as best he could and lived alone.

They'd seen each other many times in the interim, and she'd even come seeking him to mate with him several times, but it was always the same in the end. He wasn't sure what he really wanted, other than he knew that he didn't want to live alone. He supposed that what he really wanted in his heart was a large male, the same as she did, but he was willing to forgo his desire if it meant that he wasn't alone. He could live alone and survive, but he'd have preferred to have another of his kind near to him. She didn't seem to need that - or him, for much of anything at all.

He'd told her that he'd pair with her whenever she was ready, but he soon learned that telling her that only caused her to leave again even sooner. The longest that she'd stayed with him was three nights before she was gone again.

To his way of counting and measuring the angle of the shadow cast by a stake that he'd driven into the earth, that had been seven years ago, he thought as he stood at the doorway of his adobe home looking out from under the overhang of ice one bitter cold morning. He wondered how much longer he could go on like this, since he certainly wasn't happy.

Seven years, he thought as he saw her fly past far overhead on her way to somewhere. The last time that they'd been together was a few months ago now. He still couldn't get a read on her at the best of times and for the past half-year or so, he'd about given up.

When she wanted him, she was affectionate and loving, but that could and would switch off rather abruptly and he'd be here again, looking out of his doorway and trying to convince himself that he didn't need her for anything, and that the next time that she showed up to eat the meat that he'd hunted and pretend to like him for a little while, he'd tell her to go and stay gone.

He wished that it was that easy.

A minute later, she landed in the meadow and ran over, acting as though all of this mileage hadn't happened and she was so pleased to see him.

Like the idiot that he always told himself that he was, he looked happy -- since somewhere inside himself, he was as she almost dragged him to where he slept.

The next morning, he stood in the doorway again. He knew that she was walking up behind him. He felt her arms over his shoulders as she rested her chin there and kissed him as he turned to look back at her. She'd just gotten up and knew that she was still warm, and so she offered him a little warmth by fitting herself against his back as much as she could.

They weren't related -- as far as they knew -- but they looked almost like twins. There was very little difference between them. They were both skinny and if one looked hard enough, one could just see her curves. The final blending had come the day that they'd just accepted each other as equals long ago. They didn't know the means by which they'd gotten here, and they had no idea how to get back and there was nothing to go back to anyway.

They looked like a pair now, but they were far from it, he knew. The type of dragon that they were - on the world where they'd been born made them a little like chameleons in what they could change of themselves. They couldn't change the basic structure, but the overall look was quite changeable if they wished it. What had happened to their appearance had just happened, there had been no thought or plan to it at all.

The bit of fur they carried between their long legs hid their differences and served to further mask their genders, though there had been no attempt to do that, it was just the way they were. Her soft folds were hidden and kept warm as were his smallish genitals. He had small pectoral muscles, and her breasts were tiny and just about the same size. She had slightly larger nipples, that was all.

Their faces looked about the same, and their long straight manes were identical, as were the little horns on their heads.

She moved her hand from his shoulder and he felt it as she laid it on his haunch to caress and tease him a little. He knew what it meant and he allowed it with a sigh as her fingertips teased him in a delicious way.

She had thoughts of mating again and he liked that, though he wondered how long it would last for this time. They knew that they were different, and they'd just accepted it and found ways for each of them to please the other, though both of them would have preferred a different partner if they'd ever been given the choice. It didn't matter. They were different, that was all.

In a minute, he knew that she'd lift her hand and begin to thrust against him a little suggestively, and if he felt a little mischievous, he'd resist until she pulled him to his bed. They were big on oral love and had spent whole days at it before, doing nothing else. Right now, he thought that she'd likely take him into her mouth to get him hard and wet before she'd let him fuck her -- well, more to the point, he'd fuck her as she wanted him to, though not filling her anywhere near as full as she'd have wanted.

But it was good enough, and he loved the way that she looked at him then. With what he had, it felt alright to him, but it took a while to please her. He knew that she wanted something bigger, but what they had was enough - since it was what they had.

When she was satisfied for the moment, she'd move so that he was lying in front of and beside her and she'd kiss him more forcefully then. If he was really lucky, she'd lick him and push his legs up to wet him farther back before she used her own lubrication to wet her fingers for him.

When she made love to him like this, they did it for a long time, because she was happy to see the way that he just became her female then. They'd change positions once in a while, but she was always in charge and driving him crazy. It had always been a little desire in her to do it for him well enough to make him come to his release all by himself. It didn't happen often, but she loved to see it when it did.

Most times, she'd take pity on him, knowing that he hung there right on the edge. All that it would take then was a touch on his thin maleness. It didn't even have to be hard, it just had to be right, and he'd cry out in a way that would make her smile and she'd see him spurt - all over them both if he was at all hard. If he wasn't, he'd just gush and she loved to watch it pump from him anyway.

And sometimes, she'd manage to position herself so that she could have him in her mouth at that time to let him know that he was being such a good female for her that she wanted to reward him in this way.

He sighed. It was what they had.

She'd already grabbed his thin wrist when he saw the shadow flit across the ground and over them, and then it was gone.

They stepped out a little to look up.

-------------------

Yuan hadn't really tried for a lot of altitude, since it was cold today, and she wasn't going for speed either. She was trying to get a sense of what her mother had said to her, that she ought to just follow her heart. The trouble was that her heart was hurting her today and she just flew east a little slowly, hoping that sooner or later, she'd get a sense of what she was doing up here.

Well, she knew what she was doing, she just felt a little different today. She'd found her place here the afternoon before when she cautiously approached a cascade looking for a drink. She found a pool there and hid among the rocks for a bit. She was aware that she was a stranger here, and didn't know the lay of the land, so to speak. With no threats to be seen, she drank carefully and quickly, but as she did, she felt a little warmth on her face and hands -- just a little -- in an otherwise cold cascade.

It was then that she noticed the steam mixed in with the spray and looking further, she found a way to walk behind the cascade and she stepped into an opening there. With a wave of her hand she had light and stood transfixed , marveling at the colors of the rock walls of the grotto and cave that she'd found. In the depths of it, there was a pool, fed from a mineral spring, and while the spring was hot and steaming, it was not too hot for her, and the pool was warm and pleasant. The constant steam from the spring kept the inside of the cave moist and damp -- too damp for bats or much of any of the wildlife to wish to be near. It became her home.

--------------------------

"What is that?" the male asked, a little rhetorically as they stood craning their necks.

"That's a Wotroth, Sheth," she replied using his name as he saw her wings move out from her body a little, "a big male."

"Drene, what are you doing??" he asked a little nervously and she smirked.

"Sheth," she smiled, "we have been here for years and seen no one. Today there is a male Wotroth up there. You and I - outside or inside, Sheth," she said a little affectionately, placing her palm onto his thin chest, "we are both females to him. How many chances have you had for a male? He might not want us and I feel your uncertainty, my friend, but you will never know if you hide. Do you want to just let him fly away?"

"He looks different from us," he said with concern in his voice, "he might eat us."

"Stay here then while I find out," she smiled, and he was alone, watching as she changed to the shape which gave her the best chance to catch him.

As she climbed as quickly as she could, she almost laughed. She understood his concern perfectly. There might be some truth to it, since they didn't know anything about him, and she knew that for what they were, a third dragon carried dangers, but it also carried a lot of promise. If they were at least a little lucky now, getting eaten would just be the start of it.

Sheth stood watching and trying to get a sense of the newcomer. He had a lot of reasons to be concerned, their relative safety being only one of them. If Drene liked him and it was mutual, he stood a fairly good chance at being chased off by that male.

If he was lucky.

Worse, he thought, they knew nothing of that one's background. Once he found out that Sheth was also a male and it became plain why he was the way that he was, he might want to kill him. Not all Wotroth were knowledgeable about ones like him and thought of them as aberrations of nature.

But his sensing returned something to him that caused him to leap into the air a second later, changing as soon as he had the speed and the ground clearance for it, and climbing for all that he was worth. In the span of only a few heartbeats, Sheth had gone from fearful to uncertain to suddenly finding himself almost as hopeful as Drene.

This one also carried a double-spirit, he was certain if it.

---------------------

Drene's first call to her had gone unnoticed, since Yuan was a little lost in her thoughts, but she heard the second and then a third call, which seemed to come from another direction below her. She held her wings out a little rigidly and rolled over, making the adjustments as she went so that for a few seconds, she hung upside down in order to see better without turning her head.

Yuan couldn't believe her eyes as she blinked. There below her, straining to climb to her level were a couple of dragons, and not all that different from her, only smaller -- much smaller. These were either very young males, or, ...

She rolled upright again as Drene shot past her in her climb. A second later, Sheth rocketed by as well, and she stared as they called out to her.

As they spread their wings fully to come around in their tight turns, heeling over as hard as they could so that they stood on their wingtips. Yuan's mouth opened slightly in even more surprise as she watched their hopeful colors flash to her. Their skin became iridescent and the colors shimmered and flickered from their bodies to their wingtips and back.

She wasn't sure what it meant, other than perhaps as a joyous display, and after a moment's thought where she asked herself how long it had been since she'd torn up the sky a little herself. She decided that it was time, and she began to roll and wheel, always mindful that she didn't want to frighten them.

She had no colors to flash at them in the sunlight, so she gave them plenty of room and just played for a little while. Her own calls echoed theirs and then, without thinking about it really, the trio wheeled and raced together easily, as though they'd been doing it in practiced patterns for years.

They seemed to be a little reluctant to go farther than a certain point so she stayed with them as they led her back to the same area where they'd first seen each other. The three of them flew together in level flight as they looked at each other in wonder and appreciation. Yuan laughed out loud to find herself being paced by a very interested pair of creatures like herself.

What Yuan saw were a pair who seemed to be females, and their backs carried mostly a shade of gray, as though they spent most of their time over water and their undersides and bellies were a brilliant snow white, but it changed as they led her lower and the patterns reversed to become white on top and a pale gray underneath.

Yuan understood it. They had the ability to change to suit what might be needed to stay a little hidden in the sky. Closer to the ground, they needed to be white on top in the wintertime. It was something which Yuan couldn't do -- at least she didn't think that she could. Their calls changed to happy cries and she answered with her own.

One of them raced ahead a little and, timing it so that it happened between the slow beats of Yuan's wings, the dragon slid from left to right underneath her, wanting to see more of her body. The maneuver was copied by the other one and then they held themselves in level flight to allow Yuan the same thing. As she slid past below their bellies, she liked what she saw so very much.

Unlike birds, pterosaurs use their legs and feet as control surfaces in flight, and Yuan liked the legs on both of these ones. It might not have been a big deal in the time of many dragons, but right now, looking ahead at what lay between those legs seemed like such a delicious and slightly naughty thrill to Yuan as she stared at their cloacas. She almost groaned.

What she wanted to do now, ...

The pair did it again, sliding past below her from one side to the other, but this time, one of them nudged Yuan's outstretched foot playfully with her snout for just an instant, so she wiggled her toes in response.

It felt so good to fly with other dragons, young ones just like herself.

It came to her then that unless they were intent on a bit of trickery -- and the pair that she was flying with didn't seem to be able to contain their happiness -- then they were hopeful to follow her to her home. It told her that they were either very foolish of very hopeful. Dragons are somewhat wild and magical things, but most were at least a little civilized and were cognizant of their manners. Yuan suddenly realized that she had nothing.

But she did see a mountain goat standing on a peak below them watching and suddenly the smaller pair were alone as Yuan faded from sight and dropped out of the blue sky, rocketing down like a form of death from above. The pair looked around in confusion, but they saw the splash of blood on the snow and the headless body of the animal as it rose into the air with the newcomer appearing to them a second later when she faded into view clutching her offering.

TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,931 Followers