A Bridge Between Worlds Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why yes, I do. She is carrying a child, a daughter, if I'm not mistaken. And I can take both of them out of this world in an instant, on your word of course."

"No!" Sam shouted, attempting to punch this mysterious man, but was simply blown to the ground by an invisible force.

"Sam!" Chloe gasped, kneeling at her husband's side.

"Now then, your other option, Mr. President, is for me to take your life, sparing your wife and daughter. Of course, once I rule this world, I shall make both of them my slaves, and what lovely slaves they shall be."

Standing defiantly, Chloe said, "Shut it, you bastard. You'll never lay a hand on me, or my daughter! I'm deciding for my husband; kill me, right here, right now!"

Edward stood in silence for a few moments, before raising his hand, slapping Chloe across the face and landing her on the floor in a crumpled heap. "I really do not like these modern independent women. So insolent and disrespectful... very well, you've lost your opportunity; I've made my decision. Mr. President, you will die now, and you will die knowing that I will make sure to teach your lovely wife... her proper place."

Raising his katana overhead, Edward prepared to strike down the President and claim Lucifer's power in doing so. Chloe whimpered from the floor, helpless to do anything to help her husband, tears streaming down her cheeks. Putting on as brave a face as he could, Samuel Bradley braced himself for the end, praying to God that somehow, someway, a glimmer of hope could come from these terrible circumstances. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes as Edward prepared to plunge his sword into Sam's chest.

"Baldwin!" Mike roared, crashing through the broken window and tackling Edward to the ground.

Picking himself up from the floor, Edward sighed, saying, "You... are one persistent nuisance."

"You can't win, Baldwin," Mike warned him. "We took out your little pets, and your army is being contained. It's over."

"Over? You pathetic fool... I am merely one death away from my destiny! It matters not what you and your pitiful friends do today; nothing can stop me now! I shall strike this man down, and take my rightful place as ruler of this world!"

Shit, shit, shit... one kill away? There's got to be a way to stop him... got to be something I can do. Not only will he become the Antichrist, but he'll also kill the most powerful man on Earth in the process. That's exactly what he wants, cocky little glory hound... wait, that's it!

"Why settle for him?" Mike asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, sure he's the President of the United States, a good, honorable man, and arguably the most famous person on Earth. But ultimately, he's still just like every other human: no match for you, and nothing more than a lamb for slaughter," Mike said, trying to tap into Edward's ego. "But you have the unique opportunity to not only become the Antichrist, but also a living legend."

Pausing for a few moments, Edward finally replied, "Go on."

"What could be more legendary that becoming the Antichrist by facing God's Champion in single combat. Fight me, one-on-one, and a victory will allow your name to live for eternity on Earth, in Heaven, and in Hell."

"Do you take me for a fool? I am well aware that you cannot be killed; you're already dead. Now, please excuse me," he said, turning his attentions back to Sam.

"What if... I give that up?" Mike asked.

Mike, what are you doing?Jesus asked.

Forgive me, but it's the only way to get him alone, and the only way to be able to charge the armor without harming any civilians.

I admire your courage, but do you realize what you are agreeing to? What you could be condemning yourself to?

I do...

"What are you saying?" Edward asked.

"If you will agree to face me on Alcatraz Island, one-on-one, no running away... then I will agree to give up my Heavenly protections."

Stepping towards Mike, Edward pushed his face into his rival's, sneering, "If I kill you, then you will join my master in Hell, to face eternal suffering at his hand. You will know nothing but pain, you will watch as I subjugate the Earth to my will, and you will never see your beloved Melody again. You are saying that you will agree to this... just to face me alone?"

Mike stared defiantly into Edward's helmet, replying, "To save this family from you? You bet your ass."

"Very well."

Edward extended his hand for Mike, who shook it firmly in agreement. In an instant, the pair disappeared from view, leaving Sam and Chloe alone once more. Sam could do nothing but cradle his wife in his arms, still unsure of what they had witnessed between the two armored men. Praying to God for any sign, the answers seemed to escape him completely.