A Brief Moment of Insanity Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,795 Followers

I walked past her and I heard her sobs. If I looked back I would break so I didn't. I climbed on board the jet and never looked back. I had to remain strong if I was going to kill Loki. It was only going to get harder from here on. I took my seat as the crew made final preparations to leave. The pilot stepped back and asked for our destination so he could file a flight plan. I thought about it and shrugged.

"Fiji? How about Fiji," I asked and looked around. "Sure... let's go to Fiji."

"Okay, Fiji it is," the pilot said and returned to the front of the aircraft.

It took a half an hour to file the flight plan and the champagne was open before we ever left the ground. As I sipped my drink I tried to figure out a basic attack plan. I was going to have to go off grid, for a little while at least, if I was going to acquire these three objects. There was of course no guarantee of success but I had to try. I needed to bolster my chances somehow. As the jet reached cruising altitude I woke Jeanie from her digital slumber. I asked her for suggestions on how to improve my odds. Her reply wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

"This is Master Nick's product list for more discerning clientele. If you want my opinion there are two that might strike your fancy." She said and displayed them.

"What is a neural implant or optical interface drops?"

"The eye drops make displays obsolete. You can see and interact with me and other artificial personalities using your eyes. The drops deposit nanites, microscopic machines, which link with my crystalline matrix directly. There are drop down menus that are accessed by focusing and blinking. It creates a more secure way of communication."

"And the neural implant," I asked taking a healthy drink of champagne.

"It allows you to actually touch me. The programming involved was taken from tactile interactions. I am told that the range of sensations run from a hand shake to complete intimacy."

"Whoa," I said. "That is definitely an upgrade worth thinking about. How is that done?"

"It requires an injection of a gel containing a billion nanites between the C1 and C2 vertebrae. The nanites are programed to migrate to key parts of the brain to form the connection."

"To think we can do something like that. Where do we need to go to get them?" I asked and she smiled.

"They will come to you. The injection is mostly painless requiring only a topical anesthetic. I can place the order if you wish as well as your hotel reservations." Jeanie grinned.

"Make it so," I told her and she vanished from sight.

The rest of the flight was quiet and I worked on my plans to acquire the first piece of the god slayer. I didn't know if I had the skills to succeed but damn it I had to try. I sipped wine and dined on crackers, cheese and grapes. It seemed like no time before we were landing and making our way through customs. The lady that stamped my passport smiled when she saw this was my first visit out of the country. The limo took us to the southern coast of the island. I was looking forward to just doing nothing for a week or more. Well, that was the official record at least. I would still take business calls from the Family Council. If I didn't it would look suspicious.

The Shangri-La Hotel looked pleasant enough. The staff was alerted that a VIP was there and they treated me like a god. I was used to great service but they went over the top to make me feel welcome. They were subtle in the way they took care of me so as to not draw too much attention. I appreciated that. I settled into my room and one of my bodyguards put my clothing away and gave me the thumbs up that the pool and beach had passed inspection. I didn't envy young guys that had to wear those ugly Hawaiian shirts to conceal their shoulder holsters. I was ready and eager to hit the beach. Markus, my primary guardian, followed me out while three of the others got some sleep so they would be well rested for the night shift.

The sun was low in the sky and damn the water was so clear and pristine. I could live here year round. Fuck all that snow and shitty weather. I had never seen the ocean before. It was a little frightening to be honest. It was just so damn huge. I watched the blazing day star move inexorably towards the horizon. It set the water on fire and I just stood there staring like an idiot.

"Wow," I said and a gorgeous brunette giggled.

"I said the same thing twenty years ago. There is no shame in it. I am Isabelle." She said offering her hand.

"Warren," I said and kissed the back of her hand.

"You sure this is your first time," she said as she blushed.

"My first ocean sunset, yes," I replied and she laughed. "Do you know a good place to eat around here?"

"Ozzie's," she said. "He has the best sea food and the coldest beer on the island."

"Thanks," I told her and let go of her hand reluctantly. "Maybe I'll see you there."

"Hmm maybe," she smiled at me.

I returned my gaze to the sun and it was halfway below the horizon. The sky burned red as it slowly sunk from sight. The few clouds were kindled in orange and gold. As I watched the sun disappeared and the sky darkened until the last color bled from sight. The stars appeared, first only a few at a time and then by the hundreds. I decided to go and find Ozzie's and get some real food. It didn't take long to get directions and walk the short distance to the bar slash diner. It was a busy place and the smell of food drifted on the air as we approached. We sat at the bar and that was the first time I laid eyes on Ozzie. He looked too young to own his own place on the island. He was originally from London and that was obvious after the first time he spoke.

"Welcome to Ozzie's," he said in his thick London accent.

"So what's good," I asked and he laughed.

"It's all good son," he replied. "We make a mean fish and chips. What do you say?"

"Sounds good to me," I told him and he hollered our order back to the cook.

He poured our drinks and managed to maintain a conversation even as others arrived and he took their orders. The food came out and my bodyguards and I ate. He was right; the fish and chips were amazing. I don't know what he used in his batter but it was light and flakey. My hunger satisfied I had a few shots as well as a few imported beers. This place had a little bit of everything. I knew I would be coming back during my Fiji vacation.

"Sir," Jeanie whispered in my ear.

"What is it," I asked as I glanced down at my watch.

"The technician has arrived at the hotel." She replied with a smile.

"Technician... what technician," I asked and she giggled.

"Your upgrades, you know the eye drops and the injection."

"Oh... OH... right, looks like I got to go," I said as I pulled out my wallet and paid our bill.

"That is so cool, you got one of those talking watches," Ozzie said smiling. "I was thinking about getting one of those. Do you like yours?"

"Oh yeah," I told him. "I couldn't survive without her. See ya later."

I was a little tipsy as we walked back to the hotel. Okay, I was just this side of shit faced. I managed to reach my room under my own power, somehow. The elevator ride up to the top floor was pleasant enough. Standing outside my room was a gorgeous woman. I looked her over and attempted and failed to determine her nation of origin. Her ass was well rounded and screamed Latin. She had a slight build and was of average height so that didn't help any. She had long muscular legs that reminded me of either a gymnast or a dancer. I like them a lot. Her breasts were small but perky in the clingy top she was wearing. It was her face that threw a number of curve balls. Her eyes were almond shaped and had a noticeable tilt to them. I thought Asian of some sort. But her cheeks and the general shape of her face looked more European, maybe Slavic. She had those puffy dick sucking lips that I'd expect to see on a black woman or maybe Italian. The most alluring quality was the pointy ears that were obviously natural but looked elfin all day long.

"They never said the tech was so damn beautiful," I said in greeting.

"You don't do your photos justice, but I am here on professional business," she replied in a sultry Southern drawl.

"I am in your capable hands."

One of the bodyguards opened the door and swept the room just to be careful. Once he gave the all clear the rest of us entered. I offered Nikki a drink but she declined. She opened her briefcase so that it could be inspected. Darren, the head of the night shift crew commented that there were two syringes in the case. Nikki explained that one contained the nanites that created the neural link the other was a bonding agent to insure the nanites don't migrate to parts of the brain where they didn't belong. That was reassuring so I plopped down to let her do the eye drops first.

"Let's go with the drops first," I said. "See how well simple works and all that."

"Wouldn't you be more comfortable prone?" Nikki suggested.

"I like the way you think," I said and stood up and stumbled to the bedroom.

Nikki followed as well as Darren. He stood in the open doorway to make sure nothing bad happened. I kicked off my shoes and lay down on the bed. Nikki took the eye drops out and flicked on the overhead light. She clenched the bottle between her teeth and climbed onto the bed from the foot. She slowly crawled up and straddled my waist. I looked up at her as she unscrewed the lid and held my left eye open and dripped six drops into it. I blinked a few times and she repeated the process in my right eye. It took about ten minutes for the process to complete. Nikki just sat there and I could feel her heat just above my groin.

"How is it," she asked in a velvety purr.

"Mmmm warm," I murmured. "Oh you mean my eyes... there is a little red light in the lower left hand side of my vision."

She actually giggled and ran me through how to remotely access Jeanie. She also showed me the drop down menus and how to use them and what they were for. I laughed as Jeanie walked around the room and I tracked her with my eyes. Once we were sure that the drops were working fine Nikki ordered me onto my belly. She rolled off and retrieved the case. I fluffed up one of the pillows and got comfy. Once more I felt Nikki crawl over me and straddle my body. Darren stood by the side of the bed now watching intently. Nikki narrated each step of the procedure.

"This is going to be cold but it just lidocaine to numb up your skin. Let's give that a little bit to take effect. So do all women throw themselves at your feet Warren?"

"Hardly ever happens," I said. "Darren will back me up on that one. I am practically invisible most of the time."

"Oh I find that hard to believe. Okay, here we go... I am going to perform the first injection. This one contains the nanites. It is going to feel weird but don't move your head. Good, in it goes and now the plunger and just a little longer... there done! That wasn't so bad. Now is the binding agent. This goes in the vertebrae below the other injection site. Again, don't move..."

The first injection felt cold as the substance entered my body. However, the second one was warm and left me feeling dizzy as it hit my system. I let out a giddy sound as I felt the warmth spread throughout my entire body. Must just be my imagination that stuff is supposed to stay in my brain. Oh I get it, I thought, it is my brain making me feel like this. Nikki placed two Band-Aids over the injections and declared me upgraded. She took out a hand held scanner and moved it over my skull to observe the movements of the nanites. I heard Jeanie gasp and vanish from my sight. The scanner let out a sound that reminded me of an alarm.

"What's going on," I asked but Nikki never responded.

She was suddenly off of me and I heard Darren cry out in alarm. I heard a body hit the floor but I was so weak I could barely move. It took everything I had to roll onto my side. What I saw didn't make any sense. I had to be hallucinating. I saw Nikki attacking my guards and tearing them to ribbons. There was blood all over but that just couldn't be real. Nikki returned and rolled me onto my back. There was blood dripping from her mouth and her fingers, correction claws.

"The Dark One sends his regards traitor," Nikki said as she straddled me. "I could have just killed you out in the hall but that would have been too quick."

"You are a Nephilim," I managed and she nodded. "I never believed you existed until I met Her."

"Blasphemy! Shut your fucking mouth!" Nikki snarled.

"She sent you didn't she," I said my words slurring worse the longer I laid there. "You drugged me?"

"That was part of the plan. I was handpicked by the Twelve to be your assassin. They are the will of the Dark One. They provided the second injection. You are going to become one of us well that is until dawn. Then you are going to combust and the fire will destroy all the evidence. Savor what little time you have left."

"I guess a pity fuck is out of the question then," I said laughing.

"I don't pity you," she snarled.

"No sweet thing, you have it all wrong. I am the one pitying you." I told her and she slapped me hard.

"I require no one's sympathy. If anyone does, it is you."

"I forgive you. You are so clueless you can't even see the chains around your wrists and encircling that lovely neck of yours."

Once more she straddled me and I felt drops of blood fall from those pouty lips of hers and strike my cheek, my own lips and my chin. I watched as she licked the gore from her claws. How had those lovely delicate fingers become savage weapons? The once gorgeous woman had become a monstrous killer. I felt the hot-cold sensations course through my system. I shivered as the venom she had injected into me performs its evil work. I knew that my odds had been slim but to fail before I even tried was heartbreaking. I am so sorry Willow! I wept remembering the last words that had passed between us. I wasn't afraid of dying I was terrified of failing. Just then bright blue block lettering filled my vision.

'I am with you Warren.'

'Jeanie?' I typed using the drop down keyboard Nikki had taught me how to use.

'I am redirecting the nanites. They are following the substance from the second injection. I am trying to intercept it and alter it on the fly. I am doing my best!'

'I know,' I send to her. 'I won't blame you if you can't stop this.'

'I can't stop it. I am trying to rewire the changes. Wish me luck.'

I smiled and that infuriated Nikki. Another brutal slap from a girl that is so damn petite. No wonder she was able to manhandle my bodyguards. I had read about the Twelve and their broods. Six men and six women had made a deal with the Dark One for immortality. The result was the Nephilim or as they are better known the Akhkharu. They were the city builders so they could herd their prey into comfortable pens so they didn't have to work so hard. Humans had been domesticated and my Family was the first to make a deal to serve them. We were still their thralls as well as enslaved to the Dark One, Loki. I had dared to stand up against millennia of tradition and the price was being burned alive by the light of the rising sun.

The price for immortality was the Sun Curse. Eleven of the tribes of Akhkharu suffered from the burning touch of the day star. Only one of them was immune and they became the face of the Nephilim. The chill became a burning sensation as my bones, sinew and organs were transmuted by whatever the hell had been in that second syringe. My blood in pounding in my ears and it is the only thing I can hear. Nikki had to clamp a hand over my mouth as I began screaming from the pain. Once more I witnessed her inhuman strength first hand. She was still ranting about the Nephilim and what was going to follow my death.

"Once the Sun does its work I am going to visit the others. I am going to kill them in increments. Your death will seem like a walk in the park. I just wanted you to know before you die. Pity you won't be there to protect them. Your traitorous actions have condemned every one you love."

"So..." I gasped through the pain.

"He speaks," she purred as she removed her hand.

"If I survive this you stop?" I managed through the waves of agony.

"That are my orders," she said. "But even if you survive the injection the day star will surely immolate you."

I closed my eyes and fought the pain. I would survive. I had taken this course of action to save my family not condemn them. That bitch... that fucking bitch Loki! A new heat burned within me. The white hot rage resurfaced and I embraced the pain as a means of my revenge. I would survive and live to recover the god slayer. I began cursing under my breath and I heard Nikki chuckle as she watched.

"You are almost done," she said taking my wrist in her grip. "Look and see traitor. Your body is dying all around you."

I opened my eyes and my skin had blackened as if my entire body was bruised. I blinked and Nikki reacted violently to that simple action. She hissed as her hand clamped down on my chin and she looked down into my eyes. I blinked again and suddenly she was off of me. She had leapt away and with a simple backward somersault landed on her feet at the foot of my bed. Her body language and posture spoke of fear and uncertainty. Another round of pain gripped me and she smiled. With a short hop she perched like some demonic vulture at my feet. She watched me intently as my symptoms progressed. Unbelievably the pain lessened and actually began to fade. I held up my hand and the body wide bruising was yellowing as I watched.

"I am going to live," I said.

"For now," she growled as she stripped the bodyguards of their handcuffs and secured my wrists and ankles. "Now we have the long wait for the sun."

I looked around and once more the bright blue block letters appeared in my vision. There were four words and they said 'trust me' and 'be patient'. I smiled and relaxed as Jeanie worked her magic. I trusted her to do her best. It wasn't like I had much of a choice. There were periodic aches, pains and chest spikes as we waited for the sun to rise. Nikki checked her watch and gave me a countdown now of how long I had to live. Two hours before dawn the whispering in my head began. It was faint and indistinct at first but over the next hour I realized what was going on. I was hearing people's thoughts all around me including Nikki. I tried to push out the other voices and focused on hers alone.

'What is going on?' Nikki thought as she stared at me. 'The blood should have killed him. The sun will burn him to a crisp.'

Her mental voice left doubts though. She was unsure about what the second injection had done to me and where there was doubt there was hope. I smiled again and that infuriated her. Nikki fired back with the one hour mark before sunrise. There was so much hatred in her towards me. Why was that? She called me a traitor but what had I been accused of?

"So what did I do to piss you off?" I asked and her reaction was visceral and volcanic.

"You dare to try and seek out the god killer," she snarled.

How the hell could they have possibly learned about that? I listened intently to her thoughts to see if she mentioned who had tipped her off. Nothing, whoever had sent her had only told her that I was guilty. There was a leak in my security at the mansion. I thought about my movements and actions the day I found the notebook. There were no new employees. All of those working for me were loyal and had passed the most stringent background checks. What was different? Then it hit me between the eyes.

"No fucking way..." I said aloud and Nikki raised an eyebrow. "Goddamn it all to hell!"

"You see that your death is inevitable," she purred.

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,795 Followers