A Brief Moment of Insanity Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Beautiful isn't it," a voice said behind me.

"Who are you," I said before I turned and looked over my shoulder. "OH... you are an Althan."

"I am a construct they fashioned for a very specific business. I am here to show you how to harness your gifts Warren. I have accessed your memories and I will answer what questions I can as well as instruct you on the powers dormant within you."

"I guess we should get started. Do you mind giving me a rundown on the basics?" I asked as I got to my feet.

"I believe the single most telling item you should understand is your hands. The reason the Althan adopted a six digit configuration is for a greater mastery of fundamental forces. This gift they kept for themselves. That is why their children do not possess it. Let me show you the first of the basic finger positions for elemental mastery..."

The Althan book was designed so that anyone meant to be able to read it could. All books I had ever read were dependent upon my interpretation of the author's words this one allowed the book to adapt to me. My progress was slow at first. I loathed the change in my hands and was awkward at the beginning because of this. The dexterity six digits provided was astounding really but I saw them as ugly and different. I lost that train of thought quickly enough. I was shown how to take full advantage of them in all things. Where I had been reluctant at first now I was an avid pupil of everything the book had to offer. I had learned how to rejoice in my difference.

The impact the six digits had on spell casting was nothing short of epic. Not only could they generate a shit ton more mana, the power that fuels spells, but fine tune spell effects down to the minutiae. That is why Uther said that magic and tech could be interchangeable. I began to suspect that the reemergence of A.I. had been more apart of ancient Althan influence than Nick's genius. There were just too many similarities. I'm not taking away anything from him he changed the world. But why was he the Blue King? There was something else at work there and in time I'd figure it out. I wouldn't rest until I uncovered his secret.

Nick Shaw wasn't the enemy and neither was the archaeologist fellow. They were just other players on the same board as far as I was concerned. But Odin and Loki both feared the impact of the black pawn. If I knew why I'd have a better understanding of what the long game was. But now that I had finished my tutorial it was now time to put those skills to work. I had an agenda and involved a little payback for an individual that called himself the Silver King. It was off to Hong Kong then. I was going to not only shut down this slave trade and teach those bastards a lesson. I couldn't do anything about what was going on in the Maze but I sure as hell could in my own backyard.

Max had gone since I had entered the 'learning trance'. I was hungry as all hell so I decided that before I left the Maze I would try some of its cuisine. I was once more garbed in the uniform of the Circle. It had changed as much as I had. It now had gleaming silver piping and the cut of the duster was definitely more my style. I found a burger joint and I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted their product. The fries needed a little work but the burger was very tasty. I paid with some of the coins in the first pouch and the server was nice enough to show me how much each coin was worth. I gave her a healthy tip for her honesty and her help. Before I knew it I was shopping for the girls. I found clothing unique to the Maze and purchased an outfit for all of them. By the time I was ready to go I had two arm loads of clothing. I was going to get some serious attention when I walked through the door. I hoped they liked what I picked out.

"Jeannie, we are heading home," I said as I headed to the alleys that bordered the Maze.

"You spent enough, but I think you are correct. They are going to eat you alive when they see that you actually shopped for them."

"Unless of course Precious has fucked them all into submission," I said as we reached our exit. "Splitter, how are you doing?" I said greeting the ogre.

"Welcome back Sir," the doorman said with his patented nightmare smile.

The Hotel Diabolique was the same as ever. The only thing that changed was the staff on duty. Speaking of the hotel staff, the manager behind the front desk gestured and a swarm of women took the bags from my arms settled them onto a cart for me. I called for a ride from the estate and awaited its arrival. I sat near the outside windows when the sultry Djinn I had seen on my first visit offered me a complimentary drink. She sat down next to me until my ride arrived. I asked her how she liked working for the hotel and she smiled.

"I love working here. You get to meet some of the most influential and interesting people the worlds have to offer."

"Worlds, you mean Earth and the Maze," I replied and she nodded.

"Those too," she said. "There are others as well. Some only come in conjunction with the earthly realm every decade or so. Others, like the Maze, are accessible all the time. I have to tell you I've never actually met a Circle Mage before. It is a great honor."

"You were the first Djinn I ever met and it was a very enjoyable experience." I told her and she blushed. Okay, I think she blushed. Her coloring went from a sky blue to a deep sapphire. "I hope I didn't embarrass you."

"No, it is just such kind words," she replied and her color darkened even more. "If you are ever, not passing through, I would love to give you a proper tour of the hotel." The Djinn frowned as she looked out at the front of the hotel. "Your ride is here... next time sailor."

With a thought I changed back into my street clothes. The Djinn helped me out with my bags and even loaded them into the trunk for me. The driver eyed the blue skinned woman and he smiled. I touched his thoughts and he believed there must be a masked ball or something going on. I settled into the back wondering if I should cover my ears when I walked in carrying clothes. I decided to enjoy the high decibel screams that were likely to ensue. The bags were marked with their names but I suspected a lot of swapping would occur.

We reached the estate and once the trunk was open I filled my arms once more and let the driver open the front door. This trip to the Maze had cost me about six hours. I stood in the main hall and shouted upstairs.

"I went shopping," I hollered and like kids at Christmas they came a running.

All except Precious and Bian, they hung back until they realized I had bought things for them as well. Then they joined the jumble of bodies as Janine, Mom and Sis removed the bags from my arms. Willow handed Bian her bag while Mom gave Precious hers. The mad dash continued as they went into the living room and took turns taking an item out of each bag. There were Oohs and Ahs and that is going to look so good on you. Once every item had been displayed the swapping began. Mom got up and walked over to me and gave me a huge hug.

"Well done, you make me so damn proud," she said as she kissed my cheek. "OH WAIT... I wanted that top!"

She was drawn back into the hustle of activity and I smiled as I called up the Family representative in Hong Kong. I apologized profusely for waking him but when he saw who it was he prostrated himself on his floor. He actually thanked me for calling and waking him. I told him why I was calling and Uncle Chang went pale and began stammering. He told me that the Silver King was quite ruthless and should be avoided at all costs. I replied with an offer of some sweet stock options if he got me all the information he could on this person. Uncle Chang smiled and bowed as he told me he would call when he had everything.

I returned to the girls as an instant fashion show erupted. I got into my comfy chair and Isabelle brought me a light snack and some white wine to go with it. Bian was the only one who was too self-conscious to join in. While she said she was too shy in fact she was just uncomfortable about getting naked in front of my mom and sister. Janine didn't seem to bother her for one reason or another. I know it was wrong to read her surface thoughts but my time with the book had honed my telepathy to an almost unconscious ability. It was just another sense like vision or smell. If I glanced at someone I would instinctually glean their surface thoughts.

"I think mom likes you," I said. "You might hurt her feelings if you don't join in."

"Well, it's not like it's some kind of orgy or anything," Bian replied as she smiled and began to strip.

"Not yet," I whispered. "But the night is still young."

The tailors of the Maze had clientele that belonged to some of the most attractive races you could encounter. The garments I had chosen would accentuate in subtle ways no earthly seamstress could ever hope to duplicate. I had to admit I really enjoyed watching the girls play dress up. As I watched them disrobe, bend over and put on a new piece of clothing it was quite arousing. But in the back of my mind I was working out how to dismantle, crush and removed from existence this Silver King and his network. Certain vices I turned a blind eye to, but this was personal. I wanted to send a message that this will not be tolerated anywhere.

"You look so serious," Willow said as she straddled my lap. "Would you like a hand job? I know how much you enjoy me jacking you off."

"Well... maybe," I said and smiled.

"That's my boy," she purred in my ear. "I have a favor to ask." She said as she unzipped my jeans. "I want to play with Bian tonight. She seems a little nervous around Mom."

"How... MMMM... can I possibly say no to you," I whimpered as she began to stroke my cock.

"Come on Bian, you can play with us," Willow said in an almost child-like voice.

Mom, Janine and Precious went upstairs while Willow and Bian stayed down with me. The girls took up kneeling positions on either side of the chair. While Willow slowly and gently stroked the shaft Bian licked and sucked the tip. It was good to be me. I moaned as Willow's hand moved faster now and Bian's cheeks caved in as she applied some serious suction. They alternated their speed and even stopped once or twice when I got real close to climaxing. They were intent on teasing me as much as possible. They switched it up and as Willow sucked me off it was Bian that was lightly stroking the shaft.

"I am okay with a three-way," Bian said as Willow took half my cock between her lips. "I like Willow a lot."

"MMMMMHHHMMMMM," Willow moaned around my dick.

"Oh shit girl," I cried out as the teasing took its toll. "Get ready, I'm gonna..."

The rest was lost as I cried out and Willow swallowed my first load. Bian didn't seem to mind. I guess she figured we had all night and she'd get her chance. She was right and she did get her own. I set down the wine glass and began to undress. Willow and Bian followed suit and were naked in no time. I placed Bian on the coffee table belly up with Willow kneeling above her. As I slid my cock into Bian I lowered my lips to my sister's cunt and began lapping away greedily. The dissonance if their whimpers and moans was music to my ear. I fucked one slowly while I suckled the other's clit. I knew most of Willow's buttons and was quickly learning what Bian liked.

'Harder... god I wish he would slam that fat cock of his into me,' Bian mentally begged.

I pulled back and gave her what she craved. I heard her gasp of pleasant surprise. Willow leaned down and kissed Bian and the tangle of erotic thoughts almost made me blush. As I hammered the hell out of the Vietnamese Willow ground her pussy against my face. Bian moaned into my sister's mouth as she got close to climaxing. Willow took that moment to reach down and pinch the other's nipples. That did it, the girl broke the kiss and howled as she climaxed.

"You two are wicked," Bian gasped. "I think I am in lust."

"You hear that, we are wicked brother dearest," Willow purred. "My turn... give me that cock of yours."

I eased out of Bian and teased Willow with the tip. She growled but played along. She twisted the other's nipples and listened to the cry of pleasure. It was her way of saying I have a toy to play with. I gave in and slid my cock into Willow as slow as I could manage. Bian used the slick surface of the table to rotate her body 180 degrees. This put her head near the business end of what was going on above her. She lifted her head and began licking Willow's clit and teased the shaft of my cock. I took advantage of this. I gave Willow only half of my cock at a time and let Bian's tongue trace the vein that ran beneath my dick.

"Damn, I am getting close again," I growled and tried using the same connection that Precious was so good at.

The link was tenuous at first but the longer I held onto it the stronger it became. We reached synchronicity in no time at all. We could feel each other and I was surprised at how close Willow was to losing it. Bian was another matter entirely she had just climaxed and was thrilled just to be helping us along. So I focused on Willow and listened to her body as it cried out for what it needed. I gave it to her without hesitation. She was close to breaking and I was moments behind her.

Bian licked her lips in anticipation to getting that load she wanted so bad down her throat. Willow's pleasure crested and I slammed into her one last time to push her over the edge. I yanked my cock free and Bian swallowed me to the base and I howled as my second load was swallowed that evening. Without Precious I was wrecked, panting and drained to the core. My knees actually gave out and I kneeled hard on the carpet. Willow lost her balance and landed on top of me. Bian, not wanting to be left out, rolled off onto the carpet and joined the puppy pile.

With a little adjustment we had a good thing going. I was on my back, Willow on my left hand side and Bian on the right. We cuddled for a while and Willow's stomach growled. We laughed and I informed them I would fix a late night snack. I didn't bother putting on clothes since the night was still young. Willow and Bian seemed to be bonding. I was glad. She had been on the street and deserved a fair shake for once. The sounds drifting down from upstairs sounded like the trio were still at it. Precious had a way of fulfilling every need her partners needed. I smiled and opened the fridge. I set out food as Jeannie told me the email I had been waiting for had arrived. Uncle Chang was quick. I looked at the information and frowned. The more I read the less I liked what I saw.

"Did I do something wrong," Bian said clinging to Willow.

"No, that is his 'I just got bad news' look," Willow assured her. "Trust me girl you rocked his world. Warren what is it?"

"I have to leave for Hong Kong, tonight, I am sorry but I have a king to dethrone and a relative to teach a lesson to."

"Hong Kong, you don't mean... wait you don't have to do this for me," Bian said throwing her arms around me.

"I am not doing this just for you," I said and I hugged her tight. "I am doing this for all those other poor souls that this fucker has bought and sold."

Willow smiled and nodded. I kissed Bian and she let go. I took Willow into my arms and kissed her so that she knew who the center of my world was. She gasped and blushed. Jeannie was already getting a plane prepped as I went upstairs to pack a bag. I walked into my bedroom where Mom and Janine were on top of each other while Precious fucked them both from behind. I paused long enough to watch their fuck faces as the Telempath screwed them senseless. I was doubly mad now. I wanted to play with Mom and Janine before I left.

"God damn it all to hell," I growled under my breath.

"War...ren... where are you... UNNN UNNN UNNN going?" Mom tried to ask.

"Fucking Hong Kong..." I said as I packed a bag and donned my Mage uniform.

"Why," Janine managed barely.

"One of the Family is dealing in slave trafficking," I cursed.

"OH SHIT," Mom cried out.

Whether she had just cum or was upset I never knew. I turned heel and left the three of them to their own devices. I was downstairs and Willow was by the front door. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. I touched her thoughts and asked her to stay away from Precious. I didn't order it, just asked nicely. She smiled and nodded. I let out a sigh of relief and left in a little better spirits. The car was out front and the driver had the back door open. He was the same man that had picked me up at the Hotel Diabolique. I got in and he closed the door behind me. We were on our way to the airport in record time.

I tried to calm down but the rage was burning hot. Jeannie told me the jet was prepped and ready. That was fast maybe someone else backed out last minute. I let the matter drop and refocused on the target of my rage. I couldn't help but think about the four sided chess board in the Tower of the Raven. The colored pieces were white, blue, black and red. There was no silver. Did this person know about the Maze? That couldn't be ruled out. I had learned that limiting my scope usually came back to bite me in the ass. Jeannie chimed in and brought up what she had learned from her search of the chess pieces.

'I have run facial recognition on the pieces. I was able to identify sixty percent of the individuals. They comprised the pawns of white, red and blue. The only black pawn I identified was the archaeologist. The others are either off the grid or in places such as the Maze. The higher level pieces I expanded my search to works of art and literary references to minor deities and heroes. There were a few matches. There is something you should know. Odin is not the White King. I don't know who he is but it is not the All Father. I suspect that Odin is instead the White Player if you follow my train of thought.'

'I understand,' I said. 'Excellent work, so if Odin is the White Player who are the other players?'

My first thought was that Loki was either blue or red. I was leaning towards red since I was that color now. So if Nick isn't the Blue Player, who is pulling his strings? I still shuddered when I remembered the images of the black pieces, those hideous things that defied logic and sanity. Why would Louis side with beings like that? Stop, who said he had sided with them. Maybe, like me, he didn't have a choice. He was a black pawn after all. Did he even know he was being manipulated? Perhaps I could bring him to my way of thinking. Maybe I could find the right mental leverage to steer him at black instead of working for them.

We had reached the airport. I stepped out and the driver carried my physical baggage aboard while I lugged the much heavier mental along in my head. I stepped into the cabin and nodded, it was nice, really nice. The flight crew closed the outer door as the airplane pressurized for the flight to Hong Kong. The takeoff was smooth and I sipped the champagne as we gained altitude. I stared at the fluted glass and it felt unreal for a long moment. What the hell has happened to you Warren? Where was the kid that looked forward to going to college and then finding a nice quiet job? I stared at my perfect nails and my extravagant lifestyle. When did I lose touch with reality? I hadn't I growled to myself. My reality was a much larger picture now. I wasn't jousting at windmills I was fighting gods and demons.

The pilot came over the intercom and informed me that we had reached cruising altitude. I closed my eyes and began practicing basic level spells. I figured it would help me in two ways. First, it would help me hone my craft. Second, it would take my mind off of what was to happen. After I ran through the basic spells I worked on the intermediate and stopped for a while to recover the mana I had spent. I was being groomed for yet another position on the board. I had taken over the Family and grown in the process. I was not only managing my own affairs quite nicely but I had derailed plans to destroy me financially. Now I had learned the ancient art of manipulating fundamental forces that had shaped our universe.