A Brief Moment of Insanity Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,790 Followers

The images faded but then new ones took their place. I was watching Warren reading about something. These were his thoughts and I was still sharing them. I smiled and felt the tears stream down my face. I was crying! It was more magnificent than casting the most powerful spell in the world. I could feel and smell and now I could cry. If I terminated right now my life would have held great meaning to me. I was alive. I wiped away the tears and watched a series of numbers and diagrams took form but never really coalesced into anything. That could only mean one thing. He didn't understand what he was reading.

I reached out and discovered I could manipulate and reposition numbers and schematics into a coherent form for him. The more he read the more I was able to fit the three dimensional puzzle together. The ship came and all its moving parts slowly manifested into one singular image. I felt something. It felt like surprise and it wasn't coming from me. Warren could see what I had done. The image of the ship rotated and shifted by his mind. We were so close!

"Shu... Shu are you there?" He screamed into the dark.

"I am HERE! I am ALIVE!" I screamed back.

I felt his joy. I could almost feel his hearts as they raced. There was a rush of adrenalin and a sense of movement. He was shouting now. He was calling out to someone else. The twins, they must have survived the island. What about the pilot? Had she survived too? The darkness began to lift and I could see and hear and feel. We were racing along the deck of an antique ship. I could see through his eyes. I could smell the salty air and feel the wind upon his cheek. Then there was the sun bright heat of his mind touching mine.

"I got you Shu! You fell but I caught you!" he whispered for me alone to hear.

"I am right here," I told him.

Then there was confusion and rage. We were spinning around and there was my body. My nearly perfect body but I wasn't animating it. I couldn't feel anything but cold and hatred coming from it.

"That is not me Warren! Defend yourself, it is dangerous!" I screamed.

The sheer raw power that coursed through him was intoxicating and frightening at the same time. My body raised its hands and began making signs in the air and crying out in some sort of alien language. I had to stop it. I had to regain what I had lost. I retreated from him. I pulled back and reached out for the one thing I knew I could control the nanites. They were all but motionless in my body. Some kind of power had shut them down. Wake up damn you I commanded! I am your true mistress not some alien interloper. Heed my call and awaken! It was only one that revived but even that was enough. That one revived one other, those two revived two more, those four awoke four and so on. In less than three seconds the entire host of nanites was at my beck and call.

A heartbeat later the neural implant in my body restarted purging the alien programming. It was still there hiding in my very cells but not for long. I felt that comforting sense of duality once more. This was my body and I wasn't going to just give up. I still couldn't access any of my senses or higher functions yet but that didn't slow me down. I began with the things that I could affect. I sent the signal and my nanite army went to war. They shut down all the muscular activity in the limbs.

"Who dares," came the deathly cold voice.

"Me you fucking bitch," I replied sharing Warren's white hot anger. "You took something that didn't belong to you."

"You stole the energy from the island. There is a terrible price to be paid. I am going to kill him and then I will turn my undivided attention to you."

"Good luck with that," I said. "Next are the internal organs and autonomic functions, when they go so do you."

"But you'll die as well," it argued. "You are willing to die for him?"

"He gave me life it belongs to him. So yes, I am willing and eager to die to save him."

"Can't breathe," it cried out. "Stop this, stop it now..."

"Die you hateful bitch!" I spewed out but then I sensed something was wrong.

"If I die you lost control. I can animate a corpse silly girl." It said as it laughed.

I reversed my orders and changed tactics. I had to face it one on one. I attacked the higher functions. I attacked my own brain. I would drive it from my body anyway I knew how. It felt like I was swimming upwards from the crushing depths of the ocean. It seemed to take forever before I caught the briefest glimmer of light. There was something pushing against me and keeping me from breaking the surface. I swam harder and reached out my hand. I could almost touch the barrier between sleep and the waking world. There was something else there. No, it was someone else there, Warren. He was right there with me the entire time.

I felt the brilliant scintillating light that was his soul reaching down as I thrust my hand upward into his. Our fingers touched as we clasped hands and he pulled me up and out of that terrible darkness. I saw the image of the thing. The demonic force that had attached itself to me on the island, it was hideous. It was never any one shape for longer than a moment. The thing was an agent of darkness and it hated the light. I closed my eyes and recalled how many candle watts of power the sun gives out every second of every day. The thing shrieked as the light intensified. But our sun is an average sized star there are stars far larger and far brighter. I chose one at random and the illumination of the blue giant blazed to life and the shriek became a death cry. I could feel the last of it burn away. I collapsed but I did not die. I was alive!

Hawke's Bay:

I had picked up her body after it collapsed on the deck. I carried Shu to the Captain's cabin and lay her down. She was breathing and by the looks of it was dreaming. Her eyes were moving beneath their lids and I let her rest again. It was Shu that had warned me at the very last moment. She had somehow restored our connection and helped with the inscrutable information from the engineer's ledger. She had showed me how it all came together and created the image in my mind.

I heard a sound and turned. There was Shu up and about like a miracle. The next moment she was shouting a warning in my mind. It hadn't been her, no something foul had defiled her and taken possession. It was Shu that once more saved my life. She somehow managed to wrestle control of her body back and drive the demon out of her. I hadn't even raised a finger to help. It had happened so damn fast.

I covered her up and sat by her until she woke up. I left her side only to take my turn at the wheel or perform mandatory bodily functions. I slept a few hours a day and just as we sighted land she woke up. It was Ting that came shouting up from below deck. She told me that Shu was awake and hungry. I ordered a huge breakfast at once as I steered the ship towards the southern end of the crescent shaped bay. We would drop anchor at Port Ahuriri where we would refit the old girl and sail her back to the states. I had already contacted members of the Family and had replacement passports for all four of us. The pilot, well what was left of her would be taken to the nearest hospital for treatment.

I was finding my decisions on certain matters highly limited. The resulting actions might seem severe, even monstrous, but they were necessary to keep those I loved safe. In the pilot's case, yes I knew her name but if I used it that would be humanizing her, I had done what I felt was the only course of action left to me. I held up the gleaming crystal between thumb and forefinger. It was quite beautiful and I half imagined I could see her slamming her fists against her diamond prison. The pilot's essence, soul if you will, had been transferred to a data crystal. That would keep her master from contacting her. I admired her; she still hadn't given him up, yet.

I gave up the helm to Ting and she brought the S.S. Miskatonic into port with an ease that I would reward over and over in the coming weeks. She and her sister had earned my undying attention and affection. But before that I was going to take Willow out into the gorgeous countryside and fuck the poor girl senseless. I missed her and after facing death twice in so short a time I think I deserved it. The port authority as well as the local press were there when was made landfall. The ambulance and its crew came aboard and took the comatose pilot off my ship and to the hospital. I gave a vague press release and let the local member of the Family field any other questions which amounted to no comment and they have been under a huge ordeal give them time to recover.

Willow was slipped though the security surrounding the dock and I took her into my arms. I held her and she punched my chest a few times to show how cross she was with me. I kissed her cheek and whispered sweet obscenities in her ear. That made her smile. I asked about the others and she just giggled and mentioned Precious and a beach. I slipped my arm around her waist and led her towards the ship when I heard someone call out to me.

"You found her," the voice was weak and ancient as the ship itself. "By god you really found her!"

I turned and saw the old man in the wheelchair. He looked like he had one foot in the grave and the other in hell itself. He was a withered shell of the man he once was. I knew him by the photos on board the ship. He was William Armitage, Professor Emeritus Linguistics and Ancient Languages Miskatonic University. He must have been a hundred at least. He had been a mere boy when the Miskatonic had been built and launched with his father aboard it. Now he was staring his last days in the face and as grim and determined as ever.

"She found us," I said as I let go of Willow and waved the security men to allow him on the dock. "Would you like to see her?" I asked when his nurse had pushed him close enough.

"I remember her the day she left Arkham all those years ago. She looks the same, how is that even possible?" He asked his voice an echo of the boy that had shouted and told his dad to come back soon.

"I found her anchored off the shore of an island." I replied and watched his face go more pallid than it already was. He gasped and a severe fit of coughs followed.

"I warned you about overtaxing yourself grandfather," the nurse said as she pulled out his inhaler and he used it to stifle the chest rattling wheeze that had gripped him. "I am Doctor Evelyn Armitage and this is my grandfather William Armitage."

"A pleasure, I am Warren..."

"I know who you are Mr. Harrower. I know what you are Mr. Harrower!" The last was said with a hate and venom that forced me to take a step back.

"Evelyn, behave yourself, you are confusing young Warren with his great uncle. The deeds of one generation should not be hoisted upon the shoulders of the next. Warren is blameless for what occurred all those years ago."

"I should apologize for my uncle," I began but William held up his hand and shook his head weakly. "Well, if there is anything I can do, just ask."

"Hand over the ship," Evelyn snapped. "By all rights it belongs to our family!"

"I can't do that," I said. "This isn't just an old relic Doctor Armitage; it is much more than that."

"Ha, I knew it," the old man grinned. "You want to study her. You want to know how she works. I like him already. He is curious. He wants to unravel its secrets. I give you my blessing young man! Her secrets are what we need right now for what is to come!"

"Grandfather, have you lost your mind?" Evelyn snapped at him.

"A hundred million," I said and it was Evelyn's turn to go pale.

"What," she stammered.

"I will deposit into any account you name the sum of one hundred million dollars American." I said and the girl fell silent. "I want to repair the damage done. If there is anything else just ask? Now, let's get you onboard Professor Armitage."

Getting the wheelchair up the gangplank was a little challenging. But I had to carry the Professor below decks so that he could see the heart of the ship. He was so frail but he had strength enough for this. Evelyn was never more than a few feet away at any time. The professor stared at the seamless sphere and reached out as he was suddenly seized with a need to speak.

"I need to warn you! I need to warn everyone! They are waking. Deep under the ice they have slumbered for countless centuries. But now the world is changing and they are reaching past nightmare to the waking world. They want this ship. They want it destroyed. Don't you see... this is their power contained in that sphere and we stole it? They want it back. If we can decipher it we may have a fighting chance! You have to warn the Blue King! Warn him..."

The rest was lost in another series of coughs and painful wheezes. Evelyn had to use the inhaler for him. He was just too weak. His body was betraying him at the very end. He had willed himself to survive until he could pass on his dire warning. The Thanatons were waking and they were hungry. I felt the life go out of him as I held him in my arms. A slender hand reached out and closed his eyes. When I looked up Shu was standing there wrapped in a sheet from the captain's bed. Her face was serene and gentle as she leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"Sleep now old warrior, your watch is ended," she said and we all wept.

While his father had braved the dangers of the ocean and perished on that god forsaken isle, his son had braved nearly a century of time to hold the line and pass on his message. Evelyn and her grandfather were taken off ship and we made plans to return his body to Arkham. There it would be buried on the grounds of the university he loved so much. I gathered up every book, every scrap of paper and went to work. I told Willow what I wanted for the ship and let her handle that aspect of this project. We left the ship under heavy guard with strict orders; no one gets aboard until I returned.

The long drive along the harbor road allowed plenty of time to introduce Willow to Shu, Ting and Ling. She made a face and told her who Shu really was. I watched amused as she looked deep into Shu's eyes for any sign of an artificial intelligence. Once she was convinced I was telling the truth she looked at the twins.

"You are going to need a bigger house," Willow stated as she smiled. "I couldn't do it either."

"Couldn't do what," Ting asked.

"Turn down such beautiful company," Willow replied and the twins actually blushed. "I am number one in the pecking rank just so you know."

"Yes-yes," Ling replied. "We always respect the chain of command."

"Yes-yes... and we see why he loves you so much," Ting added with an impish grin.

It was Willow's turn to blush. Thankfully the rest of conversation centered around the beach, Precious and how she had kept the other twins satisfied. As she had promised the near addictive quality of her touch had faded over time. That didn't mean it wasn't enjoyable it just wasn't so overpowering. I was thrilled to hear that. Willow had been mostly good. Since I had been gone Precious and she had only a few dalliances when the need was greatest. I couldn't fault her. The Telempath was a sex machine in every sense of the word.

Mahia Beach was freaking amazing! The girls were sunning themselves when we pulled up. Mom had a nice tan going and Janine was just a hint darker than her sister. Precious looked lost and confused. She appeared to not understand the desire to tan one's epidermis. While she could alter her coloring and even her transparency at will, why did humans want to damage themselves in this manner? I let Willow field that question as I hugged and kissed Mom and Janine. I ordered another round of cocktails as the girls and I went inside for a meal and some alone time.

It wasn't until we actually entered the hotel that I realized that things were quiet, real quiet. Mom told me she had booked the entire hotel for the next few days. I laughed and we found a couple of sofas we could sit down and talk. Ting, Ling and Precious formed a protective triangle around us. They are still within hearing range but are performing their duties. I told them what my plans were and mom smiled when she learned it wouldn't be days but weeks if not months to refit the ship. Janine was also quite thrilled that we would be wintering in this little slice of heaven.

"There will be a few rules," I said. "No one goes off alone ever. There have been multiple attempts to harm members of the Family. I told them Tsun should recover from the poisoning. I am working on finding out who is so desperate to get the ship back or at worst destroy it. I was going to hire private security to watch not just the hotel but the dock as well, any questions or suggestions?"

"I think we need to celebrate your safe return then I am going to drag you off to the penthouse and fuck you silly. What do you think?" Willow said and the others just smiled.

"It's about damn time," Janine giggled.

"I know right," Mom added as she got up to leave.

"We'll keep them safe," Precious said as everyone but Willow left.

"I think we should head up now." I said offering my sister my hand.

Thunder and Lightning:

We slipped into the elevator and the doors had barely closed when she pounced. She literally jumped into my arms and I caught her easily. I spun around and placed her back against the back wall of the elevator. She never breaks our kiss as she fumbles with my zipper. Sis' fingers are quite dexterous and she had my cock out in no time at all. She double fisted my erection as her tongue invaded my mouth. My mind brushed hers and all I felt was her hunger and hidden behind that something else. She was as curious as she wanted to get impaled. The elevator rose to the penthouse nonstop. The doors opened and I carried my sister into the hall. I managed to press her back against the door as she let go of my dick with one hand, fish out the key and ease it slowly into the slot. Was that a not so subtle hint?

With a bit more manipulating we pulled the door open. A quick spin and we were inside. We were standing there and we stopped when we spied a maid's cart in the middle of the living area. I set Willow down and gestured for her to stay where she was. I walked over to the cart and caught a whiff of something oily... metallic... aw shit it was the smell of gun oil.

'Willow, get out of here you need to reach the elevator,' I sent to her silently.

'Warren, what is going on?'

'Just go, I can handle this,' I ordered.

I watched as she squatted down and dashed for the door. She opened it and once she was outside I felt better. I reached out again and found them all four of them, three men and a woman. The woman was right behind the bedroom door on the right side. She was ready and armed with a silenced pistol. Two of the men were secreted in the bathroom and one on the far side of the bedroom. He was crouched and had a line of sight on the open door on the left wall.

I wanted to find out who sent them and why. I didn't want a fight if it could be helped. I reached out and touched the woman's mind. She was cold and clinical and had a decided hatred for men. Strangely she enjoyed sex quite a bit and that was one of the few uses she had for our sex. Maybe I could use that to my advantage and interview them if they were otherwise engaged. I tried not to smile but I couldn't help it.

I touched all four of their minds and touched that secret place where our desires bloom from. It was difficult at first. It was kind of like working with wet kindling. But after a few seconds a thin stream of smoke rose from them. I blew on that and with a sudden rush the desire flared to life. I could hear the guns clatter to the floor and the sound of bodies moving. I linked them the way Precious did with her touch. There were the soft tugging sounds as clothing was shed and the three men fell on her. The moans were soft at first but the urgent needy groans soon drowned them out.

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,790 Followers