A Brief Moment of Insanity Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,781 Followers

"Here what about these," I asked opening the first pouch and setting out the tokens but the orc shook his head. "Well, what about these?" I asked as I took out a fist full of the stones from the second pouch.

"By the gods," the thing gasped. "That alone could buy you a hundred Sidhe. I will catalog your account for you Sire."

I handed him two fists full of the stones. All three of the auctioneers poured over the gems and informed the man on the platform that they would need more time. The hawker called out to the crowd and told them there would be a half hour delay. Precious and the girls found me waiting as my stones were assessed.

"Warren," Mom said setting a hand on my shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"I need to help her," I said blinking away tears.

"Sweetie," Janine said. "You can't save the whole world."

"No, but by god I can save her," I growled. "She is important to her people. If I can save her I can save them."

"Shrewd Master," Precious added. "You are wiser than your years and I think that is why I love you so much."

"That is why we all love him so much," Willow added smiling.

We stood around as patient as we could. An emerald skin Naga slithered up to me. She was quite attractive above the waist but a little disturbing below. She had a perfect blend of humanoid and serpentine features. She was wearing what appeared to be a kind of organic armor that covered her upper arms, chest and neck. She told me her owner wished to speak with me. When I asked who her owner was she pointed out the scarlet centipede. I agreed and had Precious and Shu accompany me. I left the twins to keep an eye on my family. The closer we got the hundred foot segmented entity the stronger an acidic odor filled the air. I had to cast a spell to create a bubble of fresh air around me and the girls to be able to get close enough to speak with it.

G'nak was at least ten feet around at his thickest segments. His head possessed three pairs of sickly yellow multifaceted eyes, each stacked above the other giving him a huge range of vision. Its mouth consisted of six pairs of mandibles, two horizontal pairs on either side of his drooling orifice and a vertical pair both above and below the mouth. He was armored like the dragons of old and his only obvious weak spot were his eyes.

"Circle Mage," the think managed with its clicking mandibles.

"G'nak Tal Dun," I replied.

"So you have heard of me," it laughed in a way that made my bowels turn.

"No, I had to ask one of the auctioneers below," I fired back. "What do you want?"

"I was about to ask you the very same question," it rumbled. "What business does your Guild have in this? What plans do you have for her?"

"None of your damn business," I said narrowing my eyes.

"Fuck you Red Bishop," the centipede said rearing up and glaring down at me. "I could squash you like..."

"A bug," I finished.

G'nak actually chuckled and adopted a less aggressive posture. We stood there for a long moment when I turned my back to him and left. The vicious growl that came from the creature told me he was unused to people leaving without his permission. Fuck you asshole, this isn't over yet! I walked down to where Mom and others were standing. They had seen me talking to that abomination and seemed shaken by its appearance. Mom gave me a warning look and I just smiled. She grinned back and warned me about biting off more than I could chew. I looked at all the stunning women surrounding me and laughed.

"Does that include all of you," I remarked and they laughed.

The chief auctioneer reappeared and informed everyone that the auction was about to begin. I watched as he touched the Fae's elbow and she stood up. He walked her around the edge of the platform like she was a filly and the crowd went wild. Once they had done a full circuit he reached down and tore the rags covering her body. The crowd cried out and there were jeers and lewd cat calls. I felt my cheeks burn with rage. Yes she was an being of ethereal beauty and any man would kill to be her lover but I wanted more. I wanted to restore her pride and return her to her people.

"Is this a wise move Warren?" Someone asked and I turned to see the old man standing next to me.

"I'm sorry," I replied. "Do I know you?"

"Not yet," he said chuckling. "Why are you buying her? Is her beauty that intoxicating?"

"It's not about that," I growled. "Her people need her. There are terrible things in motion. I think... no I believe she is key to reinforcing the Fae. They deserve to have her back."

"I was right about you," the old man said. "I think you just got bumped up to the top of my list."

I turned to look at him and really take in his measure. He was hiding something. I looked at his shadow and saw the draconian shape and my eyes went wide in shock. I bowed and he laid his hand on my shoulder. He had to be the Arch Mage. But what was he doing here?

"I live here Warren," he replied without my asking. "Come to me after you have rescued the princess. Bring your family and we will dine together and we will talk."

"Thank you," I said my voice quavering.

The auction began. I stared at the naked Fae and felt my mouth going dry. She really was a beauty on the level of Loki. She and Shu were on an equal level. Her breasts were surprisingly large and yet were firm and had a kind of upward thrust to them. Her snow white nipples were hard and surrounded by equally pale areole. She had silvery white hair that fell into a translucent waterfall of silken locks. The color seemed to drain from her hair the further down it went until they were almost glass like. I stared in her vacant violet eyes with their narrow feline slits so like my own. Her limbs were long, elegant and perfectly formed. She had skin like milk and as free from imperfection as any goddess. Her sex had a snowy mound of manicured pubic hair and a tiny slit that hinted at pleasures only years of exploration could fully uncover.

"She is gorgeous," Janine whispered in my ear. "I don't blame you for sporting some major wood."

"Oh shit," I whispered as her lips brushed my ear. "Bid darling... she has entranced you."

"Thanks," I said as I gestured and added another huge amount to my bid.

Someone cried out and I glanced over as G'nak stood over the crumpled form of his Naga guard. She was alive but barely. Two male Naga picked her up and carried her away. I touched their thoughts and they were going to feed her to vermin in the alleys. Shu and Precious were already on their way to intercept. G'nak added to his bid and looked at me as if daring me to continue. I gestured and smiled in his direction. Bid goes to you asshole. The centipede bellowed and slithered off forcing many to flee or be crushed beneath his massive bulk.

"...going thrice... the lovely Fae is now the property of the handsome young Circle Mage! Come collect your prize..."

Mom handed me clothing for the Fae and I carried them with me up the steps of the platform. The auctioneer handed me the end of her chain and the crowd actually clapped. I walked up to her and the closer I got the more of her scent I took in. She dropped down to her knees and lowered her head. It broke my heart to see such a noble woman. I knelt down and handed her the clothing. She thanked me as I reached down to get a firm grip on either side of the iron collar.

"Have you lost your fucking mind," the auctioneer cried out as I snapped the collar in two.

"No, it is hurting her," I said as I tossed the halves to the ground. "Stand up please."

"Master," she said as she got to her feet.

I helped her into the clothing and took her by the hand. I led her down to my family and introduced everyone. By the time introductions were complete the female Naga that had been nearly crushed by G'nak was in front of me. She appeared to be unconscious and her wounds looked pretty serious. But all the string pulling done by Loki and others made extremely wary of such an easy prize. I touched her surface thoughts and found them strangely vague.

"Strip her, I think the armor is interfering," I ordered and Precious appeared to know where to attack the organic armor to remove it. "Okay, let's try this again."

The Naga was playing possum. While she was badly injured she was very much awake and had been instructed to gather intelligence. I bore into her long term memory and with Shu's help learned as much as I could about the centipede and his goals. It was a pity to waste such a gifted individual, besides maybe the Arch Mage could use another bodyguard. Shu showed me the parts of her brain to isolate and after a short while most of her adulthood was a blank. I healed what wounds I could and she awoke with us standing over her. She looked down and her colors flushed darker.

"Why am I naked? Who are you people? Where are my parents?"

"Your village was raided and many of your people were killed. We found here in the market. Let's get you some clothes and I'll take you to a friend of mine." I said and she smiled.

I went to the lower booths and collected what remained of the gems I had placed in their holding for the auction. I was surprised at how many I got back. I returned them to their pouch and we went shopping for the Naga. She couldn't walk around with her tits hanging out. Actually she could and preferred it that way. The thing that embarrassed her was a tiny vertical imperfection in her scales where her serpentine tail began. It coincided with a human's genitals. I learned more about Naga anatomy that I ever wanted to know.

"You are a very kind man," the Fae whispered in my ear as we headed for our meeting with the Arch Mage. "You have so many beautiful women in your harem."

"Harem... whoa... whoa... they are not my harem... they are..."

"Yes we are," Mom said proudly.

"I am," Janine added thrusting her chest out.

"I most assuredly am," Precious joined in and I looked at Willow for support.

"I am his number one," Willow said with a wicked smile.

"For now," Mom purred.

"I am overjoyed to be in company of such women," Ophelia said thrusting her chest out.

"Wait, I am sending you back to your people. They need to know that you are safe."

"What is wrong with me," the Fae cried out drawing unwanted attention. "Is that why you covered me up? Are you ashamed to be my Master? Oh my goddess... I must be hideous in your eyes!"

"Oh this should be good," Janine whispered and the others giggled.

"No...NO... you are gorgeous," I said and saw how I had been maneuvered. "Damn you woman..."

"So you are going to make love to me then," Ophelia said hands on her curvaceous hips.

"Later," I said and dragged her by the wrist.

"I like it rough..." she purred.

Off To See The Wizard:

We could see beyond the Raven Tower the glittering glass pyramid that was the home of the Arch Mage. As we walked there was a nice cool breeze blowing from the dolmen side of the Maze. It was weird since there were really only three compass points, the dolmen, the gate and the pole. It made things simpler in some respects but also showed the alien nature of the place. We stopped and took a break after two hours on our feet. The alley we had entered from was further from the center than the one I was accustomed to. The girls were happy for a break and this let me clear my head from the heady scent of the Fae.

'Mage, I beg an audience,' a mental voice requested.

I looked around and saw the powerful eye shine of leopard spotted house cat. I stood up and told everyone I would right back. I walked over to where the feline was perched in the low lying branch of an 'Elderwan' tree. I sat on a nearby bench and the cat plopped into my lap. As I scratched behind its ear we had a little conversation.

'What can I do for you?' I asked as it purred like crazy.

'You are being followed.' the cat said between purrs and directing my hand. 'Oh yeah that's the spot!'

'It's that damn G'kan isn't it?'

'Yeah, he is pissed as hell that you stole his meal from him. If you are going to reach the pyramid you need to pick up the pace.'

'I am open to suggestions,' I said. 'Are there any taxis are mass transit systems here?'

'In a manner of speaking there is,' the cat offered. 'See that pylon about a thousand feet down. There are four runes on it. If you touch the triangle it will teleport you near the pyramid, if you can get that far.'

Shu was already gathering the girls together and heading out. I reached into the third pouch and took out the mage's staff hidden there. I stood up and as I thought of it, unfolded it and made a clear and present target. I glanced around and noticed how quiet it was. Were we the only ones that didn't know about the ambush? Some mage I turned out to be. I would pick out the biggest dude and take him out and the others would break and run. That was a good plan, an excellent plan. The ground actually shook when the thing revealed itself.

It came around the corner and stood twenty feet tall. The lower half of the creature reminded me of a young wingless dragon and the top half was all giant or ogre. What nightmare fucking dimension spawned this god awful thing? Accompanying the dragon-ogre were at least twenty armed and armored mercenaries. I guessed that diplomacy was out the window so I charged up the staff with my mana ready to knock the big mother fucker on his ass. The dragon-ogre closed ranks and the few people in the area fled in terror. It had a ten foot double-headed battle axe in its hands and the way it whipped it around it was quite comfortable with it. I opened its mouth and a saw its throat light up and jabbed the air with the head of my staff. The raw energy blast caught the thing in the head. It staggered back but was barely stunned.

"Fuck me... fuck me running," I cursed as I rethought my attack plan.

The thing breathed a cone of red hot flames that incinerated the immediate area. I had barely enough mana left to shield myself against it. If only there were a source of power I could leach off of. I was on one knee and saw the Totem Pole prominently over the dragon-ogre's right shoulder. Wait a minute, how the hell was this place maintained? I prayed the anchors weren't just fancy sign posts. I reached out my hand a felt the welcoming energy from the anchor. I drew it inside of me and filled the staff to capacity. There was a murmur from the mercs as I got to my feet. The centaur like thing roared and breathed again. This time the shield easily protected me from the heat.

Okay, let's think this through. Dragons are reptiles right, okay, we hope they are reptiles. If I remember they are ectothermic and need heat to keep them going. I chuckled and lashed out with the strongest frost based spell I had. It hit about chest level and the brute cried out in pain. I didn't want to kill it just make it go away. That's when the others charged. A quick glance and I could see they were carrying or wearing a good chunk of metal. The chain lightning spell wreaked havoc in their ranks. I had to fire it off twice which gave the dragon-ogre time to recover.

I dodge the second gout of flame and decided a frost beam might deter him. Besides I could maintain it and use it on the mercs if they regrouped. The icy blue beam struck mid chest and I tried to keep it around head level. The things crimson scales began to fade and its movements were sluggish as it awkwardly hurled its battle axe. It still had enough force behind it to cleave the 'Elderwan' tree in two. When the beast lurched to one side and yawned I canceled the spell and ran like hell. I wanted to look over my shoulder but I kept my eyes on the pylon. I reached it and slapped the triangular icon. A moment later I was standing near the girls and thrilled to be alive.

"And then I lashed out with a frost beam..." I said being all dramatic but my mom shut me down.

"We are just glad you are okay," she said as I pouted. "Jeez, we are safe now buck up already."

She was right of course. We wandered into the open air court yard beneath the hovering structure. How the hell were we supposed to get up there? It must be at least a thousand feet up. I looked around and made my 'I haven't got a clue' face. The girls were equally stumped. I had this sudden flashback to one of mom's favorite movies.

"Orders are nobody can see the Great Oz! Not nobody, not nohow!" I said in a high tinny voice.

"It sort of feels like that doesn't it," Janine replied.

"Who is the Great Oz?" Ophelia asked.

So while Mom told her all about the character from the books and movie I sat down and pondered our situation. I was missing something. I looked around again and realized that we were missing something. I slapped my head and laughed.

"I feel so freaking stupid," I said looking at all the confused faces around me. "We are missing something."

"What," Willow asked.

"It is all around us and yet quite absent," I replied and she narrowed her eyes angrily.

"You know I hate riddles, just tell us already."

"Remember before everything went crazy, there was a nice breeze." I said and they still didn't see it or in this case feel it. "The breeze has been steady for a long while now."

"But there is no wind," Precious said. "Oh, I get it, there is no wind. We are inside."

I touched my nose as our environment changed and we were in a vast living area. An empty hearth stood behind me and I was sitting on a couch now instead of a park bench. The girls looked at the fine furniture as the Arch Mage made his entrance. He had an expression that told me he was proud of my puzzle solving skills.

"You did well for my interview," the old man said as he sat in a comfy looking high backed chair.

"Interview, is there a job opening?" I asked and again I felt the weight of realization. "What about Uther or hell even Gwen? They have a ton more experience than I do."

"That is true," the old man said smiling. "But you have something they can never possess, potential. Due to your birthright they can never be as strong as you will become. The Circle needs that strength now more than ever. Walk with me let me show you what was passed onto me and will in time be passed onto you."

I looked at Mom and then Willow who smiled and nodded. I walked next to him as he gave me the grand tour. I felt like I was an iceberg breaking off from the life I had known for so long. What about the Family? Who was going to take charge? I had to pass off my own torch. So as I witnessed the wonders of the glass pyramid my thoughts were never far from who I would choose. The place was amazing and I did a lot of pointing and asking of questions. The last room we visited was the capstone and acted as the private library of the Arch Mage and all those that had come before him.

The old man gestured at the center of the room and a white marble pillar rose up to the height of five feet. The Arch Mage walked over to the pillar and explained its function. I stopped in my tracks. He wanted to begin the process of transference immediately.

"You want to give me a portion of your Mana?" I asked and he nodded. "You don't know the things I've done. I am hardly a suitable candidate."

"Then tell me and let me be the judge," he said crossing his arms over his chest.

I sat down on the stone floor and began to puke out every last thing I had regrets over. The Arch Mage sat opposite me and listened without a word or expression that hinted at judging my actions. I even told him about stealing from one of my friends in grade school. He did smile at that one. I had purged every misdeed I could remember. The old man pondered about what I had said and he made a thoughtful face.

"There are a few things that are a little dark. What you did to Shu is a terrible thing, but, I understand why you did it. In your shoes and with what you have told me about her actions and her past, I might have done the same. I am not judging you. I have done terrible things in this office. I had to measure the weight of not just the impact of my actions but those people most affected by those decisions. Truth is, you will have to make equally terrible decisions. You can turn back now but I don't think you will. You are the head of the Family and you don't shy away from responsibilities."

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,781 Followers