A Cat Among Wolves Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kitten101
kitten101
1,402 Followers

Sabeen sighed and began untangling herself, wrinkling her nose at the antiseptic smell that lingered on her skin. Shifters healed fast and most of her cuts had done a fair amount of healing overnight. Her bruises had blossomed and become much darker, but she could live with them.

"I'll go check out, you get ready to leave." Marcus said before throwing on his shirt and heading for the door.

Oh good she thought. Just enough time for the worlds fastest shower. There was no way Sabeen was sitting in a car - without adequate ventilation - covered in antiseptic. She'd be car-sick before they left the parking lot.

***

Marcus let her drive and spent most of the trip napping. The shower really had been the fastest she'd ever taken, so the antiseptic smell still hung around a bit - enough for her sensitive nose to pick out. She had all four windows down and had stopped at every large town for 'snack breaks'. She'd stopped eating the junk food she brought four towns back, and so was wondering what her next excuse for a breather was going to be when Marcus piped up from the seat next to her.

"Take a left here, it will take us through Ashton. We need to get onto the main highway heading south, and the house is ten minutes down the road. Number 490, but you can't see the mailbox, its hidden in the trees."

Sabeen followed his directions listening intently as they drove through the town. He pointed out where each the wolves worked, lived, and even drank. There were only two pubs in town, one was a more generic beer/ sports/ restaurant type place called Gingers and the other one was a seedy motorcycle club called Howlers. The Spanish man from the warehouse - Theo - lounged against the door menacingly. One guess as to which the wolves hang out was.

The town was a small one, she would have estimated the population to be around 400. Almost 40 of those were members of Marcus's pack. They worked with the humans and a few even socialised with them. Most of the wolves lived right on the edges of the suburbs, where the town turned to thousands upon thousands of acres of nationally protected forest. It was the perfect spot for a werewolf community, a sleepy town almost entirely off the radar, right in the centre of Dartmouth's largest national park.

Marcus's place was a big two story villa. It had a nice run-down air about it, although there were clearly some attempts to brightning it up. Someone had recently re-tiled the roof, and the lawn had been mowed. The driveway was a little pitted in places, and you could tell the parking areas got a lot of use. At one point there had been a fence between the house and the forest. That had been pulled out years ago and paths had been beaten between the trees heading out in all directions like roots spreading from a tree. Her feet itched with the desire to explore the forest but she held herself beside the car, waiting for Marcus.

As they entered the house he explained that three other wolves lived with him, Ange - as his mate, Bucky, and Finn. Bucky was probably in town working, but Finn was home waiting in the hall for Marcus. He was a little younger looking than the rest of them, and blonde. Sabeen put him at 23.

It was plain to see Finn had a good friendship with Marcus, and it was also plain to see that he was an excellent second in command for him. Marcus introduced them, and gave a brief explanation of her reason for being there. Finn gave her a long evaluating look and then shook her hand, warmly welcoming her to the house. She instantly decided she liked him, despite the tough guy act that he put on.

As soon as they reached the kitchen and took a seat Marcus was given a detailed run down of the events of the past day. Some of the bitches had been fighting, although surprisingly not over Marcus, this time is was over Theo. Ange was in a shitty mood, and had been at the centre of a few of the fights. Theo was lapping up all of the attention and generally abusing any power he though he had.

"Damn it I really did think he was going to be alright. I'm going to have to do something about him soon. Ange isn't going to be much of a problem in this house any more."

Finns eyes lit up when he heard that. His eyes slid to her questioningly and Marcus explained the plan. Finn got it immediately and smiled cunningly.

"I gotta tell ya mate, I've been waiting a LONG time to hear you say that. That girl looks real sweet on the outside, but you turn your back and the bitch bites down hard." Finn said.

Finn took Sabeen on a tour of the lower house and garden while Marcus went to deal with Ange. They had just reached the back yard when a tall willowy redhead came streaking out of the house towards them.

"Bitch, you think you have him, but I'm telling you now there's no way you'll ever be able to keep him. I'll challenge you for him." She snarled.

Marcus came after her, shaking his head.

"What, seriously? You're going to challenge me to a duel for him? You do that here?" Sabeen asked.

"No we don't do that here. You're welcome to refuse her. Ange leave now." Marcus said.

He looked like he was at the limits of his patience. Sabeen smiled her barbarian smile and turned back to Ange.

"Now why would I refuse her a chance to win you back? This is going to be fun."

She felt ruthless. This was what she needed, after being stuck in the car for what felt like hours. Plus it would put the word out among the rest of them that she was not the right tiger to fuck around with.

Marcus shook his hair back from his eyes and stood back. Finn looked pleased as anything, and grinned savagely at her. He was looking forward to seeing Ange be beaten just as much as she would enjoy doing it.

Both women stripped down and changed to their animal forms. Sabeen took great pleasure in shifting to her beast much faster than Ange could. When they were both standing sizing each other up, a delicate looking wolf and a darkly colored tiger, Sabeen let out a roar that rattled the glass in the window panes. Any sensible opponent would have realized she was hopelessly out classed, but the war cry had the intended effect, and the wolf launched into an ill thought out attack.

Sabeen didn't make any allowances for Ange, She slashed at her, and drew blood, using her agility and balance to literally run circles around the smaller wolf. Ange wasn't able to get her claws or teeth anywhere near the ruthless tiger, and the fight was over in mere minutes.

Worse yet for the wolf Sabeen forced Ange to acknowledge her win by submitting to her - an act Ange had only ever done half-heartedly for Marcus, and almost never in the sight of other members of the pack. The blonde changed back into her human form, stiffly moving away from Sabeen, who didn't take her eyes off her for a second.

Marcus, Finn, and another man - Bucky - clapped, and Finn openly cheered.

After Ange's departure Bucky cleaned out her old room on the second floor, and Sabeen moved her few possessions up there. The room was nice - very tidy and painted a mossy green color that accentuated the deep brown floors and furnishings. Bucky had found her an antique looking white bed cover and matching white sheets, and out of nowhere had produced a pile of fresh new pillows (she really hated sleeping on used ones.)

The room had two doors, one into the hallway, and the other lead right into Marcus's room. The first thing she did was drag the heavy chest of draws in front of the door leading to Marcus's room. The last thing she needed was an achingly hot wolf one bedroom over, and easy to access.

Next she emptied her shopping bags until she had found her new diary. Writing was the one indulgence she allowed herself, and through years of living with Royce and a house full of tigers she knew the importance of an good hiding place. She explored every nook and cranny of her bedroom before stashing the creamy white book in a cavity under the chest of drawers.

That night she wrote a quick summary of the events to date (emphatically assuring herself that she didn't have a thing for Marcus) and paced the room until early morning. She had been expecting a difficult wait for sleep, but surprisingly the new surroundings weren't enough to put her off sleeping for long.

kitten101
kitten101
1,402 Followers
12