A Chance Affair

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,417 Followers

The disc jockey on the back porch begins a song by the Medieval Babes on the CD player.

Jordan steps out of the house and onto the walkway, right through the center of the waiting guests. Louis follows directly behind her. Making their way toward Delmar, they come to a stop, standing straight and tall to the right of the trellis.

A different song by the same artist is heard and out of the house exits Veronica. Her wild red curly hair flows freely around her, and she is dressed in a long deep purple gothic gown. In her hands is a bouquet of white carnations mixed with red roses. She steps up to the left of the trellis and returns the wink given to her by Louis.

The crowd grows startlingly quiet as Rhiannon now makes her way through.

Jordan catches a glimpse of the bride to be and freezes on the spot with her mouth open. Louis elbows her in order to snap her back into reality. Still stunned at Rhiannon's absolute beauty, she leans over to say, "I have never seen a creature more beautiful or radiant."

Rhiannon wears a long white dress with a brown leather brocade. Short brown suede boots adorn her feet. A garland of white carnations lies on her short shaggy blonde locks, and in her hands is a bouquet of yellow roses. She looks up at the handsome sight of her beloved and stops breathing for a moment.

Jordan is decked out in a pair of black leather pants, long black suede boots, a white highwayman's shirt and a navy blue suede jacket. The air of a knight swirls about her with her sword at her side, and the sash blowing in the breeze.

Rhi steps up to the trellis and instinctively extends her hand. Jordan steps forward to take the offered hand, and they both stand in the center of the wooden fixture.

"Ladies and gentleman," Delmar begins, "we are here on this joyous day to witness the joining of two souls that have sought after one another for many lifetimes." She raises her arms out and continues. "In the sight of Artemis, I have been given the honor to join two of her beloved children. Artemis, may you continue to look upon your children with favor and bless them richly in all of the years ahead of them." She picks up a shallow amethyst stone bowl from the table, and holding it up between the couple she cites a mantra. She then offers the bowl to Jordan who picks out Rhiannon's ring to place on her finger.

"Rhiannon, I love you, yesterday, today and into eternity. I offer this ring as a symbol of my undying love for you." She places the ring on Rhi's finger and kneels. Pulling the sword from the scabbard she lays it across her palms. "I present this sword as a symbol that I will honor and protect you, even through my final breath."

The young bride wipes at the tears threatening to spill over her cheeks. "Stand Beloved. I accept your love, honor and sword." The bowl is offered to her and she takes the ring inside it. "I love you, Jordan, with my whole being. I am made complete, in love --- with you. I offer this ring as a symbol of my undying love for you." She slips the ring on the blacksmith's hand. From underneath the hem of her dress she pulls out the Sais sheathed in the boots. She places them in the form of an X, and says, "I present these Sais as a symbol that I will honor and protect you, even through my final breath."

Jordan blinks away an errant tear, and says with a bow, "I accept."

Delmar retrieves an emerald green, cobalt blue, and silver braided silk ribbon from the altar. "Jordan and Rhiannon interlock right arms," she declares. As the couple grasps each other's forearms, she winds the ribbon around it then around the couple themselves as they move closer in. "These two hearts are joined in the presence of family and friends. In the eyes of our goddess Artemis, let no person or spirit or thing tear these two asunder. Jordan and Rhiannon, you may kiss each other to seal this commitment."

As the two press their lips against one another, the small gathering of friends shout and cheer to their happiness.

*****************

Jordan walks the length of the buffet table. Picking up a savory treat, she pops the crab stuffed mushroom into her mouth. She watches as the new bride dances with Louis, and her heart swells with pride.

"Thank you for inviting us." A voice gently calls breaking Jordan's gaze on her wife. She looks around, and spots the owner of voice smiling brightly at her.

"Grandmother." Jordan declares as she hugs the elderly woman. "Thank you for coming here today. This means so much to us. Where are Running Bear, and the others?"

"Right behind you dear, stuffing their faces with all of the delicious food." Rising Sun playfully comments.

Jordan turns around to see the elderly man drinking from his glass of wine, the good doctor is eating shrimp, and Simon has whip cream on his face from obviously eating a puff pastry. She laughs at the look of contentment on all of their faces. "Well, I'm so glad you're having a good time. Wait right here, and let me get Rhiannon."

The song ends, and Louis thanks her for the wonderful dance.

"Rhi," Jordan calls to her. "Come over."

She works her way toward the tall woman, and notices Rising Sun immediately. "By the gods, you came!" she exclaims excitedly. She hugs each of them fiercely. "Thank you so much."

"Well, it is really grand of you to get mom and pop a personal escort via helicopter to come out here." Simon comments gratefully.

"Oh, that's nothing," Jordan says, and waves it off. "I'm just happy that you took us up on the invitation and are here now."

A song begins, that Running Bear recognizes from his youth. Looking over to his wife of many years, he asks, "Do you remember this song?"

"Yes, I do," she responds with a twinkle in her eye.

"May I have this dance?"

"Of course." Rising Sun answers, and then looks to the others. "Please excuse us. This old man wishes to dance with me and I can't let this opportunity pass me by."

Wide-eyed, Bruce stares after them as they head out to the dance area. "Well, I'll be damned."

The two women laugh, and Jordan claps his shoulder. Slowly they make their way to briefly speak to other friends they are happy to see.

Feeling a little emotionally drained from all of the excitement around her, Jordan grabs a glass of wine to quench her thirst, and hands one to Rhiannon. She watches the young woman take a sip, and the beauty that emanates from her tugs at Jordan's heart. Sapphire eyes turn a shade of passionate violet as smiling emerald green eyes meet her gaze. Jordan motions with her head for Rhiannon to follow her.

Rhiannon tries to keep up with her beloved who is sprinting past the garden and deeply into the forest that is behind the house. She comes to a halt in order to catch her breath and survey where the raven-haired woman went off.

Suddenly strong arms encircle her from behind, startling her. A soft lingering kiss is placed at the junction between neck and shoulder.

Jordan turns her around and gently pushes her back against a tree trunk. "I just wanted a moment alone with you." She whispers in a small ear. "I love you. And I'm finding that I need to touch you a lot today. This is a dream come true, that we are together again. You are everything to me."

Rhiannon becomes teary-eyed at Jordan's profession. She buries her face against a warm chest, and says, "I love you too."

"Well, isn't this sentimental." A voice filled with spite declares.

The lovers turn to see a blonde woman with hazel eyes and an evil smirk.

Looking at Jordan, she says, "You know, I didn't expect you to survive that fall, but I guess I underestimated you."

Before either of them could say anything, Jordan's keen ears pick up the swing of a blade flying through the air. She grabs her bride and pushes her down just as the blade gets imbedded in the trunk of the tree where their heads were. Kicking out, her foot makes contact with the adversary's leg. She draws her sword quickly and finds her opponent to be a large burly bearded man.

His sword clashes with Jordan's as Rhiannon pulls herself out of the way. Rhiannon notices immediately that the man is Linda's brother, the same man who tried to kill Jordan at the fairgrounds during the tournament. She sees that there is something wrong with his eyes, which have an iridescent red glow to them. Turning at hearing Linda's vicious laugh, she pulls out her Sais and charges the woman.

Linda draws a hand forth, and a burst of electricity hits Rhiannon in the chest pinning her to a tree. She is forced to drop the Sais when suddenly the metal of the weapons becomes too hot for her to bear. Finding it difficult to pull away from this beam of hateful energy from Linda, she cries out from the pain.

Jordan manages to tuck and roll as the sword swishes past her shoulder. Upon returning from the roll, she holds up her sword just as he comes at her, and the sword slices through his gut. Instantly the man bursts into flames leaving nothing behind but ashes.

Linda, concentrating on this powerful beam of hate she has on Rhiannon, shouts, "Did you really think I'd leave you alone? Don't you know that I am here to claim what is mine and be rid of this sickening love between the two of you?"

Jordan runs in front of her love using her own body as a shield to protect Rhiannon.

"Oh what do we have here? How sweet of you Xena to show such devotion to your bard. But I've told you many times that she is nothing. She cannot give you what I can give to you."

Cerulean eyes look up in pain. "She gives...me more...than you can imagine."

"Well, it won't be for long because I'm sucking the life right out of you. You and I will be together as it should be."

Jordan convulses as the searing pain courses through her body.

From behind Rhiannon wraps her arms around her beloved. She begins to feel a similar pain but not in the same intensity. Whispering in Jordan's ear, she says, "I will not live without you."

Out of nowhere a glowing bluish beam strikes Linda knocking her to the ground.

The lovers fall, and Rhiannon scrambles in her weakened state to cradle Jordan in her lap.

Delmar approaches. "Do you not ever learn?" A halo of bluish light surrounds her head. "It is not meant for you to have either of them. They are my Chosen ones, and the Fates have sealed them to forever be together. Why do you insist in your childish ways?"

Linda stands and spits out. "Xena is mine, Artemis. I raised her. I made her into a conqueror, and I will not be denied."

"Ares, you have always been the stupid one. Do not test me for I shall rid you of this lifetime."

Linda draws forth her hand once again to display her power.

Delmar blocks the beam, and then creating an electrically charged blue ball within her hands, she hurls it at Linda.

Upon impact, the woman disappears into oblivion.

Rhiannon leans over Jordan's unconscious body, sobbing and rocking the precious bundle. "Don't leave me. Please. I cannot live with this pain again."

"She is not gone child."

Red-rimmed eyes look up at Delmar.

"She fought valiantly for her soul to not be taken. The two of you will be at peace." Suddenly the halo dissipates, and Delmar's eyes roll back a moment.

Azure eyes slowly open.

Rhiannon gasps and holds Jordan tightly to her bosom. "I thought I lost you again. I love you."

"Love you too." Jordan says, and then looks to her sister-in-law questioningly. "Artemis?"

"I think she left dear." Delmar responds.

Jordan sits up and says, "Ya know, I always figured there was something very different about you. I should've known the goddess would choose you as a vessel to work through. And you want to know what else? It's a royal pain in the ass being the chosen of the gods."

Rhiannon suddenly interrupts. "Wait a minute. If Ares was using Linda, did Ares also control her brother? Or was Linda controlling her brother?"

The older woman chuckles at Rhiannon's questioning. "They were both being used by Ares. Now you two take your time here. I'm going to check on the guests."

The two of them watch Delmar leave the forest. Rhiannon hikes up her dress to straddle Jordan's lap, and they embrace as they release a heavy sigh now that it's all over. With foreheads pressed against each other, Rhi says, "At least we get to live out the rest of this lifetime in peace."

"And I plan on enjoying everyday of it with you."

As the sun sets over the trees, two souls who met in the beginning of time kiss tenderly.

The End

Please note that all references to spells, tarot cards, and Wicca come from the author's own knowledge and experience. The invocation, affirmation, and mantra of the spells are borrowed from a book titled "Tarot Spells".

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,417 Followers
1...5678910