A Chance Encounter

Story Info
Wife runs into son's best friend.
10.2k words
4.46
182.8k
115
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This whole story seems so incredible, so against anything I'd ever done before, but I'm recounting it now in hopes that doing so might help me better understand it. I could start at the most exciting part, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense. To really comprehend why things happened as they did, you need to go back a few years. My son Rick was still living with us at that time, still going to high school. He's since moved on to college and beyond, but this story isn't about Rick. It's about his best friend during those years, Terrence.

Terrence wasn't like Rick's other friends. For one thing, he seemed much older, with a maturity that belied his real age. Although everyone else called him Terry, I felt Terrence suited him much better. Terrence was flattered when I told him that, happy that I saw him as more of an adult, and if anything it made him act even more mature around me. But more on that later.

It wasn't just Terrence's personality that made him seem older, however, it was his appearance too. Tall and lean, his physique had already filled out, giving him a man's body. Rick had converted our basement into a makeshift weight room, and Terrence came by often to work out with him. It was odd sometimes, watching them together, my spindly, eighteen year old high school boy standing next to his muscular, manly looking friend, especially knowing that they were the same age. Terrence was in an academic program, getting ready to go to university and study business, but if you saw him lifting weights in our basement you'd swear he must be a football player or on some other athletic scholarship plan.

It was during these times that I really began to take notice of him. Terrence was kind and considerate, with an air of confidence that few young men can muster without coming across as cocky, and undeniably good looking too. I guess this is as good a time as any to mention that Terrence is black. It's not a critical aspect to what ended up happening, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the novelty hadn't added something. I'd never had much interaction with black people before Terrence, much less been attracted to one, but it didn't take me long to realize that my feelings for Terrence were more than platonic.

It's hard to explain what I was thinking when these emotions started taking hold in me. I know that for the most part, I did brush them off as being harmless. After all, I'd been married for a long time and Terrence was more than half my age. I certainly did not want an affair with him, or anyone else for that matter. I liked Terrence; he was a good young man, and a good friend to Rick, but I knew something more was taking hold of me when they started working out together.

I rarely went down to our grungy little basement, but more and more I found myself making excuses to go down there when Terrence was over. Often times, he'd wear a muscle shirt, or sometimes no shirt at all, and my eyes would inadvertently wander over his attractive young body. The sight was something to behold, with Terrence's powerful chest and arms on full display, looking even more impressive set against his washboard stomach. I'd never seen anyone in such good shape before, at least in person. I did my best not to let it show, and with my son so close by I think I did a pretty good job of it, but inside I could feel myself turn to jelly whenever I saw Terrence like this. The tight shorts he usually wore didn't help either, and more and more I found myself taking note of the very substantial bulge protruding in the front. Terrence and Rick had grown up together, so I'd known him since was a child, but clearly I did not see him that way anymore.

I still remember the first time I purposely fantasized about Terrence. I guess it had been a normal progression of where things had gone. I mean, I didn't have much of a love life with my husband anymore and often fantasized about other men. It had been strange doing that with Terrence, and I'd resisted it for some time, but after a while I merely told myself it wasn't that big a deal having thoughts about him. Part of me felt guilty about that, but another part was intrigued by the taboo nature of it all. In fact, everything about Terrence was taboo to me, from his age to him being a childhood friend of my son's to him being black. And I admit, I found the whole idea of masturbating about him quite intoxicating.

My favorite fantasy involved recalling one time when Terrence had come over to visit Rick, but had not found him at home. I told him that my son had gone out fishing with his father, and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. I expected Terrence to leave, but to my surprise he said he wanted to stay and visit.

"Are you sure Terrence?"

"Absolutely," he replied, smiling brightly. "Besides Cathy, I hardly ever get a chance to talk to you. It would be nice to get catch up and all." By the way, none of Rick's other friends called me by my first name, but I had allowed it in Terrence's case. It was yet another example of how our relationship was different.

I made us some coffee and we sat down to talk, with Terrence being as charming as ever. I could tell his demeanor was altered too with us being alone. He wasn't talking to me like I was Rick's mother, or the woman who used to bring him ice cream when he came over as a kid. Terrence spoke to me confidently as an adult, an equal, and the attitude suited him well. However, as well as Terrence did to appear nonchalant, I also noticed his eyes drift down my open shirt occasionally. I hadn't expected anyone over that day and had simply worn and old blouse and jeans. I really hadn't noticed until I caught Terrence gazing that I'd probably left at least one button more undone than I should have either, and with the angle I was sitting at, I knew he was getting quite the view too.

For a moment I felt embarrassed, especially since I hadn't put on a bra, but then I was able to somewhat relax. I couldn't stop thinking about it though, and sure enough Terrence kept casually peaking from time to time. Was Terrence really checking out my tits? They'd always been my best feature, and even being middle aged hadn't done much to keep men from occasionally looking at them longer than was socially acceptable, but to get this treatment from Terrence? He hadn't done anything like that before, although this might have been the first time we'd spent any real time alone together since he'd been a child. I could actually feel the sexual tension growing between us.

I felt myself reacting again, but instead of embarrassment I now felt flush with arousal. I couldn't really explain it, but something about knowing I could attract Terrence in a similar way that he had attracted me really turned me on. Much as I knew I should have shifted my sitting position, or gone to change into something else, I didn't. I hadn't felt this naughty with someone in years, and my excitement was too much for me to want and stop. At one point I even made an excuse to pick something off the ground, giving Terrence a perfect view down my blouse. My god, what was I doing? I didn't really know, but I could feel my heart pounding in my chest from all the excitement.

I managed to get through the next hour or so until Terrence left, but after that I made no pretenses about what I wanted to do, making a beeline straight for my room and masturbating furiously as lay on my bed. I couldn't remember the last time I'd cum so fast, but I still wasn't satisfied, so I kept going. I'd wanted to get relief so badly the first time that I hadn't thought about anything or one in particular, but now that I'd settled down enough I was able to go more slowly and savour the experience. All of my erotic thoughts centered around Terrence this time, replaying the events that had taken place earlier, adding to what had happened with my imagination. If I had tried to deny my attraction to him before, I certainly wasn't now, picturing how gorgeous he and that massive black cock of his must look like in all their glory. Sometimes I fantasized about seducing Terrence, and other times the reverse, with all of it slowly helping me reach my crescendo. I literally screamed out when I came, having the best orgasm I'd had in years.

Five years later...

I was standing downtown in the pouring rain, trying to get a cab, but it was the middle of rush hour, and I wasn't having much luck. Then, when I'd just about given up, a cab pulled up next to me along the curb.

"Excuse me lady, but my passenger here told me to stop and ask if you'd like a ride home," the driver said.

"What?" I asked in disbelief. I'd never had anything like this happen to me before. I looked at the back of the car, but with the dark clouds overhead I couldn't even see through the window. That's when the glass slid down to reveal an even bigger surprise.

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let you get soaked in this rain, Cathy," the passenger smiled. Holy shit, it was Terrence. He and Rick had grown apart after high school, but I heard he had moved away after graduating from college.

"Terrence, is that you?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, it's me," he replied with a slight chuckle. "Come on, Cathy, get out of the rain before you drown."

I got into the taxi and we drove away. I was still in such disbelief at seeing Terrence again that it didn't even dawn on me that I hadn't even told the driver where I wanted to go. Luckily, Terrence remembered my address and relayed that information to him for me. For the moment, I just wanted to get out of the rain. The car was warm and dry, and while not that big it was still spacious enough for the two of us. It was also one of those cabs that had a glass barrier between the front and the back, affording us some privacy.

"Terrence, I can't believe I ran into you," I said. "What are you doing here; Rick said you'd moved away?"

"Well that's true; I got lucky enough to get a job shortly after graduating. It's pretty good too, but I did have to move. I do get to travel though, although I didn't expect a chance to come back home quite so soon."

"How long have you been back? Are you staying with your parents?" I had so many questions I wanted to ask.

"It's only been a few days, and I'll be gone again tomorrow morning. As for my parents, they're on vacation. This business trip of mine was scheduled on short notice, and I didn't want them to cancel their plans on my account."

"So you're staying at home alone then?" I asked.

"No, I actually feel more comfortable at my hotel," Terrence smiled back. "Besides, the company I work for put me up in a nice place, so why not take advantage of it, right?"

We took the next few minutes catching up, with me talking about my new life as an empty nester now that my son had also moved away, and Terrence talking about his new job. I don't know much about the business world and didn't press him on it, but whatever the job, they must have been treating him well, as he was very enthusiastic telling me about it. Terrence was obviously being paid well too, if the suit and expensive watch he was wearing was any indication.

During our conversation, I happened to mention that I was coming home from the gym. It was one of the few activities I'd started in recent years, and I'd been very happy with the results.

"I don't get as much chance to work out these days as I used to, but I'm glad to see you've picked it up Cathy. I guess that explains why you look even more beautiful today than when I knew you before."

I really was very proud of my progress. I had lost thirteen pounds, and all of it in the right places. My figure was about as good as I could ask for, although I still strove for improvement. Even though it hadn't done as much to improve my love life with my husband Al, I had noticed I was getting a lot more attention from the opposite sex than I was used to. I don't know if it was my history with Terrence that was coming back to me now, but hearing a compliment from him was especially satisfying. I think I even blushed a bit in response. And even if Terrence wasn't exercising as much as he had before, I could tell he still had an impressive physique under that fine suit of his, as youth and genetics were definitely on his side. In fact, he looked positively handsome. As much as I tried to keep my mind focussed on our conversation, I couldn't help but notice how much the extra years had done to make Terrence even better-looking than he had been before.

It wasn't just Terrence's looks that were captivating, however, that confidence that he worn so well as a teenager was in full blossom now. He was even slightly flirting with me as we spoke, gently testing my defenses with his tone and words, and I actually found myself flirting back. It was strange to be doing this with Terrence, but surprisingly enjoyable and exciting too. All of that came to a head a while later; I guess I should have seen it coming, but even when it did I felt a bit stunned.

"Cathy, I don't have any plans for tonight, and my flight leaves tomorrow morning. I was wondering, would you like to join me for dinner?"

"Um... what?" I stammered. I could pretend that Terrence didn't mean anything more, but he'd been flirting with me continuously for most of the car ride. There was clearly more going on a simple invitation.

"The room service at my hotel is fantastic, and the place is really nice, a very cozy, intimate setting." He said all of this with the confident smile of a man who was used to getting what he wanted. Again, I asked Terrence what he had in mind. I had to make sure I wasn't imagining all of this.

"I'd like to spend some time with you Cathy. Share a bottle of wine, maybe a laugh or two. And then I'd love for you to spend the night with me."

"What's gotten into you Terrence?" I asked in amazement. I quickly turned around to see if the cab driver had heard us; luckily he was still trying to navigate his way through a very busy street to notice our conversation.

"Nothing Cathy, nothing at all. I'm still the same Terrence you've always known. The only difference is, I'm not afraid to ask for what I want anymore."

"I would have never called you the timid type," I replied dryly.

"True," Terrence smiled. "But the boy you knew before didn't have what it took to tell you how he felt about you. If he had, maybe things would have been a lot different between us."

"Terrence, I..." I was still in too much shock to say more. Even if our conversation had gone farther than it should have, I never expected anything like this to happen.

"Terrence, you shouldn't be saying these things to me. It's not right."

"Why, because your little Ricky's mom?" he chuckled. "He doesn't need to know. I haven't spoken to him in years, and even we were still in touch, I wouldn't tell him. If anything, I'd like to think I'm a man of honor and discretion."

"Honor?" I asked. "I don't see any honor in what you're proposing."

"The honor is from being honest with myself, Cathy. I won't go through life having regrets, I refuse to. But if there's one major regret I have from the past, it's you Cathy. I was so crazy about you back then, and seeing you again... nothing's changed. There's no way I could let an opportunity like this pass without coming clean with you."

"What... what do you expect me to do, Terrence? Have some kind of affair with a man half my age? I'm still a married woman, you know. I should get out of this cab right now after what you said."

"But you won't Cathy, and you shouldn't. Listen, I'm sorry if I offended you; that's the last thing I intended to do." Terrence's tone had become soft and apologetic, but oddly, still very assertive.

"You can't blame me, can you Cathy? You're an amazing woman, you always have been. And so beautiful too. I had a crush on you from the first day we met."

"And what a crush it was," Terrence laughed in response. "But it became so much more over the years. I was attracted to plenty of women back then, but none of them compared to you. I came over to your house as much as possible, just hoping I might see you, and those days when you'd stay to watch Rick and I working out... I was in heaven. If only I could have talked to you then as I can now."

"What makes you think that would have been a good idea? You really think I would have gone behind my husband's and son's back, for you?"

"It would have been worth trying to find out. Besides, I always felt like the attraction went both ways..."

"Terrence... I... this conversation is so wrong."

"It's okay Cathy, don't beat yourself up about it. We're both adults. Even back then, we would have both been consenting adults."

"Terrence... no." I never felt so vulnerable with him before. As much as I wanted to forget those thoughts about Terrence, some of them were resurfacing now.

"Cathy," Terrence said softly, putting his hand on mine. "I think back to those times a lot. I remember your pretty smile, your sensual perfume. I remember you treating me as an adult, when hardly anybody else did. You were so smart, so sexy. I always felt it was so wrong that your husband took all that for granted. We shared a few pleasant times back then, but I wanted so much more. Call me crazy, but I often felt like you would have liked that too."

I felt so confused listening to Terrence talk this way. Guilt and embarrassment from what he was revealing about me, but some relief too from having this weight from the past being lifted off me.

"I still remember that day I came to visit, when Rick and your husband were both gone, and it was just the two of us. I used to think about how I wanted to spend that day with you, about how we should have spent that day..."

"I wanted to carry you to your bed Cathy, I wanted us to make love. I wanted to show you the way you should be made love to by a man who cares about you, who desires you the way I do. I wanted to stroke your beautiful blonde hair, caress your soft skin..."

I was still awestruck by what Terrence was telling me. My eyes, no longer able to face him drifted downwards and saw his hand holding mine. I hadn't even noticed we were still doing that. My small white hand was practically enveloped by his much larger black hand.

"I love how good black and white look together, especially in the bedroom," Terrence chuckled, noticing my stare. He moved our hands until our fingers became interlaced. The contrast was striking, even shocking. I admit it even turned me on a little, wondering about the erotic possibilities, knowing that's exactly what Terrence was thinking about too.

"I... I have to go home," I said, my voice practically shaking. I need to get cleaned up after all this rain, take a shower."

"There's a shower in my hotel room Cathy, big enough for two, if you're interested," Terrence said with a wink.

I looked outside and noted that the car was almost at my house. Thank god, I didn't really know what to say anymore.

"Terrence... I need to go now."

"I'm glad I saw you again, Cathy. It gave me a chance to get so much off my chest. I know this is probably a lot for you to take in at once. Here, let me give you my business card. It has my cell phone number on it. Call me later if you'd like to come over. I'm still crazy about you. Seeing you again makes me want you more than ever."

"I... I..."

Terrence pressed the card into my hand and I took it. As he did, he gave my hand a gentle squeeze and then kissed it.

"Think about what I said, Cathy."

I was still in a state of shock as I entered my home and tried to digest everything that had just happened. Even running into Terrence again after all these years was incredible, let alone all that happened afterwards. In a million years I would have never guessed that I'd have such a conversation with him; it was like one of my fantasies from years ago had come to life. I looked at the time and noted that it was just after 4PM. Terrence had said he was leaving the next morning, but hadn't been specific about his plans beyond that. Was there some sort of deadline for me to call him? Not that I was really taking the offer seriously at this point, but I suppose it's fair to say I hadn't ruled it out either. More than anything, I just felt bewildered.