A Change of Scenery Is Good Pt. 02

Story Info
A visit to her office turns things around.
7.4k words
4.63
23.8k
10

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/01/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
samy69
samy69
21 Followers

Hi, guys, Here's my second attempt. Heads up - it's a bit different from the previous part as I am trying out something different to bring a bit more depth to the story. I know it is best to carry out the theme with the one I started with but this is a trial and error system for me to figure what I can and cannot do. And regarding the other issues; it's a little hard to get an editor to fix up the issues but I tried to do the best I could so happy reading!

Jared

I hadn't heard from Caitlyn since our encounter - not that there was any reason to. Her work was done and any further interaction with the agency was with the agency's administration department, which was not handled by me. But I had to talk to her. I had called her several times. Hoping that she would pick at least one of them. It had become a part of my routine after a few days. But it'd always end up me leaving a voicemail.

"Hey, it's me again. We really need to talk about what happened that day. Please. Please call me back when you get this."

Why was she running away from her feelings when she clearly had them? If not, she wouldn't have kissed me the way she did. What responsibilities does she have that don't allow her to accept what she felt? Was she married? But I hadn't seen a ring on her finger or any indication of one.

I spend the next few days contemplating. My mind kept replaying what had happened that day. Wondering if it was me who had scared her? Had I come on too strong? Was it something I said? There were too many question and the scotch wasn't going to give me any answers. I had had enough and I was going to confront her. That was the only way for me to get some closure.

It was the last week before I had to get back to work so I moved out of the beach house and back into my apartment in the city. The next day, I went down to Studio Red Designs, where Caitlyn worked. I parked my car and sat there gathering my thoughts. I was here but had no idea what I was going to tell her. My hands holding the top of the steering wheel, I took a slow, deep breath and closed my eyes, and started picturing her. How she looked, the way she smelled, her lips on mine, the taste of her skin, oh so soft and smooth. I suddenly felt a large bulge in my lap and realised that my cock was responding to the thoughts rather than my brain. I couldn't most definitely walk into the office with that. I tried to shake it off because jerking off in my car in a parking lot was out of the question. Hard it was but, I managed to bring 'him' down.

I got out of the car before things got worse and headed towards the building. I walked up to the reception and saw a young blonde girl smiling at me as I approached her.

"Hi there, welcome to Studio Red Designs. Can I help you with anything?"

"Hi, yes, I'm here to see Caitlyn Conner," trying to hide my nerves.

"Do you have an appointment?"

Of course, I didn't. I had to come up with something and quick.

"Unfortunately I don't, but you see, she had worked on my beach house a couple of weeks ago and I am interested in getting another one of my place redecorated. And I was in the neighbourhood and was wondering if I could have a chat with her about it if she is free of course. If not I can come back later."

"Hmm. Let me just check. Was did you say your name was?"

"Jared. Jared Stone," afraid of giving my name for obvious reasons.

She nodded her head and started typing on the laptop in front of her. She was reading something on the screen and she raised her eyebrows. A few moments later, she looked up and said,

"Okay, Mr Stone, let me check with Caitlyn if she is available for a meeting. Please have a seat till then," directing her hand towards to the luxurious red lounge sofa.

"Thank you."

I took a seat, nervous and excited at the same time. Will she make an excuse and tell me to come back later or even worse, pass my 'project' onto someone else? And excited because either way, I was finally going to see Caitlyn again. Trying to calm my nerves, I picked up one of the magazines on the side table. I flipped through the pages blindly, when the young receptionist's voice freed me from my thoughts.

"Mr Stone," I looked up and noticed two figures standing there and I wasn't looking at the receptionist. The other figure caught my attention. It was Caitlyn, with one of her breathtaking smiles.

Caitlyn

I had to smile. I couldn't do anything else. That was the only way to hide what I was really feeling. Anger, fear, confusion and a sense of satisfaction and relief. I didn't know why I was feeling it but I did and I could do nothing about it.

"Hello, Mr Stone, nice to you again. Enjoying the new place I suppose?" I said trying to put up an act for Heather, who was standing next to me.

"Lovely to see you again too. Yes, very much, thanks to you," he replied with his charismatic smile which seemed to light up the room.

"I hear you are looking to redecorate another place of yours?" knowing that was a lie.

"Yes, I am and I thought I come to you again, given you already know exactly what I like and want," there was an undertone to that sentence, he wasn't walking about his preferences for the house and we both knew that.

"Why don't we step into my office and discuss this further," I said pushing away everything I was feeling and preparing myself for what was about to come.

"Sure."

I opened the door and stepped in holding the door for him to enter.

"Please have a seat,"

"Thank you," he continued, while I closed the door and walked to my chair, "so this new place I have, I was wonder..."

"What the hell are you doing here? I work here for god sakes!" I cut him off. Trying to keep my volume down despite the anger I was feeling.

He didn't seem surprised. He stopped talking and smile at me.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, confused.

"No reason, just that it's nice to see you, that's all. I was afraid I might not." Leaning back in his chair.

He never smiled. That didn't sound anything like the person I had worked with a few weeks back. This was a completely different person.

"Well, this will be the last time if you don't tell me why you are here and make it quick, I don't have much time."

"I think we both know why I am here Caitlyn."

Walked right into that one. I looked away trying to hide my embarrassment. He must have figured that.

"Look," sounding a bit more serious, "I am sorry I had to come here, but you left me no choice. I left you dozens of messages but you never called back and I needed to talk to you. I needed some closure."

I looked at him and had nothing to say to him.

"I understand, you scared because you have responsibilities," his forearms now on the table, "but I am sure we can figure something out if you give it a chance."

If only he knew that it wasn't so easy.

"Are you married?"

"God no!" surprised at that question.

"So that clears out one theory I had," raising his right eyebrow.

"What else could it be then?" looking at the table and asking himself rather than me.

"Is it work? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No and no," I found myself answering involuntarily.

Why the hell was I still answering his questions? Damn it, speak up Caitlyn!

"Look, we can play 20 questions all day and you can try and come close to figuring it out." I finally spoke up, trying to find my confidence.

"You want closure, I'll give you closure. I have a daughter. Okay. I have her to think of. I do not have time for relationships or even a fling for that matter. My daughter and work are the most important things in my life, in that order. And I cannot be bringing in men into my home and her life who are not going to stick around. She knows she doesn't have a father and I don't want to give her hope and then take it away from her. She doesn't deserve that. Is that good enough for closure?"

Jared

Is there any way that you could be more attracted to a person more that you already are? I don't know how but the answer to that is YES. Because as of right now, I was feeling exactly that. My heart was full. I couldn't say anything but just smile.

"Why in the name of heavens are you smiling again?" she asked in annoyance.

"Believe it or not, that is not going to drive me away," was all I could say and it was the truth.

"I don't know what it is like to have a daughter or any family for that matter. I can't say I understand but I can only begin to imagine what it must be like for you. I honestly don't know what is in store for us, but I am not going to let that stop me from finding out. I don't want to wake up one day and wonder 'what if'," I couldn't stop myself at this point. I didn't plan to say any of this but it came to me.

"I am not asking you put me up on top of your list, all I am asking is at least don't dismiss it without even trying. Just give me a shot, I think I deserve that."

I looked into her eyes and she into mine. It was silent. I was wondering if anyone else could hear our conversation but couldn't care less. I was enjoying this moment and something told me that a small part of her was too. Pleasantly surprised, something I had said had gone through to her.

Unfortunately, our state of bliss was disturbed when there was a knock on the door. Both of us were startled and Caitlyn had turned pink when she got up to check who was at the door. It was the receptionist, they exchanged a few words which I couldn't quite make out. Moments later, she walked towards me and stood next to her table.

"Sorry but I have an important lunch meeting."

"Sure, but will you at least think about it. Please?" I pleaded.

"Okay, fine, I'll think about it so as long as you leave."

My smile was from ear to ear when I heard those words. I got up and moved closer to her and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you," I whispered.

Caitlyn

I inhaled sharped when his lips touched my skin. It sent a sensation all over my body, and immediately a rush of heat reached my face which made me blush. I was stunned and unable to move for a bit.

"After you."

Jared had reached the door till I recovered. He was holding the door knob and waiting for me. I looked at him puzzled.

"I thought you had a lunch meeting, the least I could do is walk you to the door for taking a meeting with me without an appointment."

I grabbed my phone and wallet and walked towards the door avoiding his gaze. He swiftly opened the door when I was close enough. He followed me and I heard him close the door behind him. I walked out to the reception area and out of the corner of my eye saw that Heather was not in her seat anymore. I was so relieved when I saw Olivia seated on the red lounge sofa. I let a sigh of relief.

Olivia and I were childhood best friends. Her family moved in next door when she and I both were 6 years old. My parents and I had gone over to her house to welcome them to the neighbourhood. Ever since that day, we had been inseparable. We went to the same school and college. We were always there for each other. We knew everything about each other, from the first crush, the first kiss, the first hook up to breaks ups and getting drunk. I was the bridesmaid at her wedding and she was there for me when I got knocked up, as a result of a one night stand, to comfort me. She had been there when my daughter, Lisa, was born. She helped me get through the toughest phase of my life. She took care of her when I was busy at work, which was easy for her and didn't mind as she had decided to be a stay-at-home after her first daughter Ava was born. Lisa had practically spent the first five years of her life in Olivia's house. Ava was only a few months older to Lisa and they got along very well.

Olivia's husband, Martin, didn't mind that Lisa was at their place most of the time. He was head over heels for Olivia and would've done anything for her. So it didn't come to me as a surprise when he was pretty cool about that. But, of course, after my career had caught on, Lisa spent a little less time at Olivia's and more time with me. I was able to be home at reasonable hours and spent some quality time with my daughter. Also, because Olivia had her second daughter, Isabella, and I didn't want to burden her anymore that I already had. But we still do have sleepovers once or twice a month, for all the girls. That is the day when Martin is in charge of them and Olivia and I have a girls night out.

And today, she was my important lunch meeting.

I leant forward and gave her a hug.

"Sorry, you had to wait," I said while hugging her. "Jared came for a meeting unannounced."

Of course, she knew about him. I had already told her what happened at his beach house.

"Mhmm.." was all she could say, because she was facing him. She pulled back and whispered,

"Is that him?"

"Yes."

I moved aside and saw Jared looking at the two of us.

Before I could say anything, Olivia moved passed me and put out her hand,

"I don't think we have met, Olivia Connell, Caitlyn's best friend."

"Jared Stone, it is a pleasure to meet you." He took her hand and shook it lightly.

"We should get going," I intercepted. Knowing Olivia, I knew she wasn't going to let it go.

"Yes we should, would like to join us?" she asked him.

Oh, crap. What was she doing? Jared looked over at me and saw the hesitant look on my face.

"Thank you but I don't want to intrude."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure."

"Alright then. But are you free on Friday night?"

OH MY GOD! What was wrong with her? Why Friday?

"So far, yes. Why may I ask?"

I was standing behind her, so all I could do was give her a few nudges on her back.

"Well, its Caitlyn's birthday and we are having a small party, just a few friends over. You should come. It'll be fun. Shouldn't he?"

She turned to me, expecting me to seal the invitation. I couldn't say anything but, "Yeah sure."

Oh, she was going to get a piece of my mind today.

"Caitlyn will text you the address and time. Please do come."

"Sure, I will be there," replied Jared.

"Well, we should get going," said Olivia. Now she wants to go. "It was nice to meet you, Jared."

"Likewise"

"See you on Friday."

~

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" pissed off, I asked Caitlyn, the moment we were far enough from Jared.

"What?" she asked, trying to act innocent.

"Why did you invite him over on Friday?"

"Because it's your birthday."

"Look, missy, don't act smart with me. You know what I am talking about."

"Okay, okay. I invited him because you weren't going to. And I know you want him there."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. You just don't know it yet. Besides, why did he come over to your office?"

I rolled my eyes, knowing very well that she was trying to change the topic, and I let her because I was dying to tell her what had happened.

"We'll get to that later," letting her know she wasn't off the hook for inviting him.

And I related the incidents that had taken place less than an hour ago.

"Why can't you see it? This guy is really into you. He wants to be with you."

"I know, but..."

"Please, don't use your own child as an excuse." Knowing what I was about to say.

We entered the restaurant and took our usual table.

"Okay, let's just say I go with you on that excuse for a moment here," she said sitting down in her chair, "she hasn't had a father figure and you don't want her heart broken. But sweetie, in your effort to protect her feelings, you just might be depriving her of that feeling. Think about it. Do you want her to wonder and hear from her friends what it is like to have a father? Even if it is for a little while, let her have that feeling. And it's not like you are going to let her meet him right now. You can wait and make sure until you think that you are ready to introduce him to her."

There was no stopping her now.

"And it's not like you're going to marry him. Just go out and get to know him and see if he is worthy of being in Lisa's and your life before decided on anything. Think about what your life will be in ten years when Lisa leaves for college if you continue to walk in this path. I am sure, you will be able to score a guy then as well, but you would've have missed out on ten perfectly good years of your life and probably even a good guy."

She was right in a way, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Test this guy out. See if he is serious about you, if he is then he'll respect that part of your life and give you space when you need to concentrate on your daughter,"

"And what if he doesn't?" I fought back.

"At least then you'll know,"

I hated it when she made sense.

"And you can have some fun along the way. And trust me, girl, you need some fun," she reached for my arm.

"You know, he said that too," I said, knowing I had lost this conversation even before it began.

"Okay, I really like him now." She giggled.

Jared

It was Friday already. Meeting Olivia the other day gave me hope. She seemed to be rooting for me rather than her best friend. Either way, I was glad that I was going to get to see Caitlyn again. I was really eager to see her. After the intimate moment we shared in her office, I wanted more. More as in, more intimate moments like that. Where I could just fall deep into her eyes, kiss those sweet lips with which, when she smiles, makes everything disappear and makes me feel like nothing else matters. To just hold her and feel her body against mine. My body yearned for that. I had forgotten the feeling of falling for someone. And yes, I was falling for Caitlyn, and hard. It seemed as though, every time I saw her smile, I couldn't help but fall this amazing, sexy and strong woman.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked good tonight. I wore a dark beige pant, with a light blue t-shirt and a black blue sports jacket. To finish the look, a pair of brown loafers. Satisfied, I picked up my keys and wallet along with the gift that I had gotten for Caitlyn and headed for my car.

I had received a message from Caitlyn later during that day with her address. I parked the car in front of her house. There were few more vehicles parked outside, giving me the indication that I wasn't early, given that I couldn't wait to get here. I decided to leave the gift in my car and I'd give it to her later. Walking up the small driveway, I looked at the house. It was a small one but I guess for two people, it would've been more than enough. There were faint sounds of chatter as I walked up and knocked on the door.

To my surprise, Olivia opened the door. She had a glass of wine in her right hand and reached to hug me with the other.

"Jared, so nice that you could make it!"

A little surprised, but I managed to hug her back.

"Please, come in,"

She led me to the main living area which was filled with people. This was no small party by any means. There were about 30 odd people scattered all over the ground floor of the house. Olivia gave me a quick tour of the house, which the guests were allowed access to. I followed her, but I wasn't interested in what she was saying at all. My eyes were looking for Caitlyn and I hadn't realised that we were back in the main living room.

"She's gone upstairs to check on the girls. Don't worry, she'll be back soon."

I wasn't really expecting that. I was embarrassed a bit that she had caught me and I wasn't listening to what she had to say.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mea..."

"Don't worry about it," she interrupted me, "I understand," winking at me.

"Thanks," feeling relieved.

"You mentioned girls. I thought Caitlyn had only one daughter?" I assumed quite confidently.

"Yes, she has only one daughter. The other ones are mine, Ava and Isabella."

"Oh, okay. That's nice."

"Yeah, the girls love it here."

samy69
samy69
21 Followers
12