A Changed Life Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,058 Followers

I wasn't expecting any more orders, but I knew there were still a couple of tables in the restaurant, so it wasn't that surprising when the waiters came through, but they were done and going home. I guessed I'd not be too far behind, Chef hadn't been that unkind. I'd been given worse punishments in the early days. It was amazing how long it took to clean out every shelf in an entire freezer or larder, wipe everything down and then put all the food back where it came from.

I heard someone else come in, but as nothing was said I kept cleaning. Anyone still sitting down would be on coffees by now and not want more food. Then I heard footsteps stop right beside me, and looked up to see Mark, and the look on his face was not dissimilar to that when we had first met. I groaned internally. He was back to try again. At least this time I had more sense than to flirt back.

"Does someone want dessert at this time?" I asked.

He looked nervous. "No, the customers have gone. We're the only ones here."

Uh oh. That did not sound good. "I've got to finish cleaning this for Chef. I won't be long and then you can lock up."

"Carry on. I just wanted to talk to you for a bit if it won't distract you."

I knew it would, particularly what he was likely to say, but I shook my head and gazed intently at the cooker, hoping to find more splatters of food that would take my mind off things as he continued talking.

"I know I wasn't very subtle when I first saw you, and believe me, Chef had words about that. But I thought I saw some interest from you too, and I was wondering if I could take you out sometime."

Okay, that put everything out there. How do you let your boss down gently? I kept looking at the hob as I replied. "I'm sorry, but I really don't think that's a good idea. I work for you, and to be honest, I am not interested in being a notch on your bedpost."

He grabbed hold of my wrist to stop me cleaning, and I turned towards him. I was annoyed at him for grabbing me, particularly since it had the wrong kind of effect on my body having that contact, but when I saw his face he looked really hurt. My expression softened, but my traitor cock didn't. Didn't it know I wasn't going to sleep with the guy?

Mark looked at me intently, his gaze expressionless for a moment and then determined. "I don't want any more notches." He said firmly. What the hell did that mean? "I want something different, and I hope you can be it."

Okay, now I was really confused, and also getting a bit worried about this whole situation, but at least he had dropped my hand. I tried to make a joke of things. "Come on Mark, you've barely spoken to me since my first day, and now you want what? A relationship?" He didn't flinch at the word as I was expecting him to.

"Yes," he replied. No trace of irony in his voice either.

"You and Chef are legendary here you know. Just different targets. How many guys have you tried this line on and then dumped when you've had your fun?" I kept hoping he'd break and give me an exit, because this was just getting weirder.

"None. I've always made it clear to a guy what I'm after. And I've never wanted anyone for more than just sex... until you."

Holy shit! He still wasn't laughing. Practically declaring he loved me, and with a straight face. I kept searching his expression for some hint that he was just after a quick lay, but it wasn't there. He was just looking quite serious, and desperate for me to say something in reply, and I had run out of replies that would put him in his place. I started to wonder if I should give him the benefit of the doubt, but my head told me it was too soon to do that. My body was trying to tell me I should shut up and kiss him.

"I don't believe this. I don't know what to say either."

"Tell me you're not at all interested in me, and mean it, and I'll leave you alone."

Shit. I couldn't. And I had a feeling he knew that. If he was truly interested in a relationship then I was very very interested in him. He'd been in my thoughts and in my fantasies, but I was planning to keep him there, right up until this conversation.

"I can't do this Mark. I don't believe you can be a changed man after three weeks. You might have blown that guy off tonight, but it's going to take more than that to convince me."

"What do I need to do?"

Dear lord, he was still serious. "Prove it."

It was his turn to look confused. "How can I do that?"

"If you're serious, you'll think of something."

* * * * * * *

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,058 Followers
12