A Changing Life Ch. 01

Story Info
Times are tough.
1.7k words
4.27
21.2k
8
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 02/26/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jab13
jab13
21 Followers

This is my first ever story and it is completely fictional. I would like to apologize to anybody if I offend and base my story on your personal lives. There is absolutely no sex in this part as the characters start under 18 as I'm trying to lay out a story.

PART I

My family didn't have much since the time my mother divorced my father. It was about eight years ago when my father came home intoxicated and an argument they were having suddenly became a nightmare. At some point during their fight my father struck my mother knocking her to the floor and began yelling in her face in which my older sister Julie intervened. It was when my father turned and raised a hand to strike her, but I think he realized that he would do something he may regret so he screamed at her to mind her own business which frightened my younger sister Elizabeth who went running to her room crying.

I stood there shocked and horrified and didn't know what I should do. I did the first thing that came to mind which was go after Elizabeth. I wrapped her up in a hug and not knowing myself I told her that everything will be fine and that no matter what happens I'll always be there for her. It took a while before she finally calmed down than wipes her eyes and asks me to say a prayer with her which I agreed to promptly. After that she hugs me again and tells me that she loves me with a tearful smile. With a smile of my own I reply "love you lots". Who would ever thought that this moment would happen every single night that we say a prayer together which always ends in a hug with me telling her "love you lots".

Lizzy falls asleep a while later in which I cautiously made my way back downstairs fearing that somebody might be seriously injured. Instead I see the police escorting my father out in handcuffs with mom and Julie sitting on the couch together crying. I walked over to my mother and ask her if everything is fine now, and she forces a smile and nods her head and pulls me into a hug. Feeling better after that, I made my way over to Julie to hug her but her reaction suddenly startles me. She yells at me to never touch her and to don't bother with her as long as I live and stormed to her bedroom. I look fearfully over to my mother which she just tells me to just give her some time and space than she'll come around. My mom than thanks me for taking care of Lizzy, kissed me on the cheek and went to go clean up the mess that was made.

That night changed my family and who would of thought things would only get worse. Julie and I drifted further and further apart while Lizzy and I became closer like best friends. Weeks followed since that incident and we moved into my grandparents' house until the school year finished out. We than moved into a small apartment across town until my parents' divorce was finalized. After that we moved again but this time it was far from where we lived for so long.

Money soon started to become an issue as the divorce depleted most of our bank account, and my mom was making enough to just get by. Soon after that we found ourselves pawning things just to pay rent and put food on the table. It got so bad that we were forced to move back to our grandparents house. We lived there for a couple of years until both my grandparent's passed away. Grandpa first which really killed me on the inside, because we were close and I loved to sit and listen to his war stories and his younger days. Grandma a few months later following restless nights for mother who stayed awake and sobbed. Months after that it just got too expensive to keep up with the bills and we lost the house which forced us to move into a cheap motel.

It wasn't until I turned 15 when my mom made a bold decision. We were going to move all the way to the east coast of the US and start all over again. We took what little we had left and went all in so that my mother can give us the life we deserve. My mom took what little money she had saved up and bought a house of our own.

PART II

The house we moved into looked like it been through hell but to be honest we were happy to have a place to call home. My mom had many contractors out for estimates for our renovation but couldn't strike a deal because of our financial issues. It was when we were having dinner one night I saw that my mom was looking down at her food and seemed troubled.

"What's wrong." I asked her. She looked at me and suddenly she began to cry.

"We have to move again. I cannot afford to fix this dump."

I rubbed my face in my hands trying not to look upset than looked over at my sisters who had tears in their eyes now. I don't know what it was but I began to take charge." Look mom. The school year is about to begin and we're all behind as it is but we are not going anywhere. I'll try to fix this place up myself. I just need you to put some money aside and I will buy what I need slowly. I may not know what I'm doing at first but I'll learn from my mistakes. Trust me ok. Let me take this burden off your hands. Please." I grabbed her hands in mine and they were shaking." I can do this."

She looked at me shaking her head. " I can't let you do this. You kids are my responsibility. What about school, a social life, and other things teens do with their time."

"Mom Mom Mom; listen to me. I'll figure that out when I need too but let's just worry about right now. I'm fixing this place up myself after school and on weekends because we are staying here and moving is out of the question." I said looking deep into her eyes." Besides we already don't have much of a life." A tear starting to trickle down my cheek.

My mom and I talked about this for hours until she finally reluctantly agreed. I got up and began taking notes from room to room on what I think needs to be done. This is going to be a lot of work I thought to myself after only doing one room. Am I making the right decision or did I let my emotions get in the way. Will I be able to keep up with this. Shaking them thoughts out of my head I went on with my task.

I reached my sisters room and knocked. Lizzy opened the door."Whats up"?

"Hey if you two don't mind I would like to take notes on what work needs to be done here."

"Thanks John for talking mom into staying here."

I stopped what I was doing and sat over on Lizzy's bed, "Look to be honest with you, I think I bit off more than I could chew."

"Why do you say that." I handed the book over to Lizzy and she looked it over."Wow there's a lot to be done."

"I know but I will do this even if it takes years. We need somewhere to settle down and I think moms about to explode from all the stress. Besides that I am also going to fix up the basement as my room so you both have your own privacy because I think that Julie over there finally needs some."

"Why you doing something nice for her when she treats you like dirt."

"It's for the both of you. Look she may do that to me but I will keep treating her the way I do you." I than look over at Julie and smile. "Fine with my decision" I ask her and of course she ignores me as if I don't exist but to her I don't.

"Well anyway let me finish what I got to do so that I can call it a night."

PART III

Three months later on a Sunday I finally finished the family room. It seems quick that I got things done that quickly, but I found out that my uncle lives on the other side of town and borrowed money off him without mom knowing. I had my mom and sisters stay with my uncle for about a week so that I could paint and lay carpet.

I heard a car honk outside and knew my family was back. I took a deep breath and went outside to greet them. I hugged my mom and Lizzy and gave Julie a smile than I led the up the steps. I let my mom in first.

"Oh my God! Is this where I live, am I dreaming. You out did yourself. I-I don't know what to say." My mom said bursting with tears. I hugged my mom again.

"You don't have to say anything. This is all for us."

"This is beautiful" Lizzy chirped in.

Julie just looked around shrugged her shoulders and went to her room. My mom started to call for her about being ignorant but I stopped her and said not to worry about it.

I than showed my mom our new sofa set so that she could think about something else.

Dinner was all about our new family room and seeing my mom this excited just made me feel like I took the world off her shoulders. I began to explain that I would start the kitchen as my next project since that it would take forever.

I tried to go to bed early but I couldn't fall asleep. I laid there listening to my mother still going on about the family room. I just cleared my head and listened till i fell asleep.

TO BE CONT...

QUICK NOTE: I have a couple chapters written already but I don't know when I'll post them. Just a reminder this is my first story ever and I never even tried to write one before but anyone with suggestions and want to help me get better please email me. Email address in my profile. Thank you. I'm trying here.

jab13
jab13
21 Followers