A Christmas Ball to Remember Ch. 04

Story Info
Sarah speaks to Buffy.
5.3k words
4
33.1k
2
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/21/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

WARNING: SPOILER TO ANGEL SEASON 5 CONTAINED IN THE REST OF THIS STORY

The next few days arrived and went. Xander and Anya arrived, much to the annoyance of Cordelia, who still had a soft spot for Xander. Every night so far, most of them had stayed up until the early hours of the morning catching up with what had been happening with each other's lives. But two people had decided not too, Giles and Angel they were too busy deciphering the books they were studying. Buffy missed Angel, as they hadn't been together since the first night of his arrival, she thought it would be different, that they spent most of the nights together, boy was she wrong.

As Buffy looked around the bar, in the hotel, she couldn't help thinking that it was going to be one of those nights where she didn't get to spend time with Angel and everyone was going to be up late talking again. Sarah popped her head around the corner and scanned the room for Buffy. She walked over to her and interrupted her conversation with Willow.

"Sorry Buffy, but can I speak to you for a moment?" Sarah led her out of the room and into her office.

"I've been thinking a lot about Lorne. Perhaps we could use him while he's staying here."

"For what?" Buffy asked intrigued

"Well he can read people, so what if we asked the permission of the SIT's to allow him to read them? That way we can decide what the best course of action will be with them. I know that it's none of my business, but I thought I would put the idea across to you."

"I have been thinking along the same lines, of course we need to talk to him and the SIT's, I thought that on the results that Lorne gives us, we could decide who goes up a level, stay's the same or even goes down a level. I'll talk to him tomorrow about it."

"I'm about to head off for the night is there anything that you want me to do before I leave?"

"No not tonight but in the morning I would like you to meet me in the boardroom, there's something that I would like to discuss. Oh and can you phone Lindsey to see if he could come along as well?"

"Ok I'll see you tomorrow." Sarah got up and walked to the office door.

"What about phoning Lindsey?" Buffy called. The door opened and Buffy took a little while catch on to the situation.

"What about me?" Lindsey asked. He was dressed in a tux and was holding a box with an orchid corsage on top.

"About...about asking you to a meeting with Giles, Sarah and me tomorrow morning." Buffy felt a little awkward.

"Sure what time?"

"Are you off out for the night?" Buffy asked.

"I was taking Sarah to the Wolfram and Hart Christmas party, it was suppose to be a surprise but oh well, here." He handed Sarah the box and she opened it, inside was a long gold satin dress, with a matching bolero and underneath was a white lace basque with a suspender belt with stockings, but no panties to go with it.

"Oh sorry ... good, someone's gotta get some fun around here. Say about twelve?"

"Are you sure?" Sarah asked. Buffy nodded her approval and watched them both leave the office. Buffy couldn't remember ever seeing Sarah so happy. Sarah and Lindsey walked over to the bottom of the stairs when Lindsey turned to her,

"Oh! I forgot there's another box, go upstairs and put it on, I'll be up in a minute."

Sarah quickly had a shower and walked into the living area with just a towel wrapped around her. Lindsey was there with two more boxes, one quite large and a small one. He was over by the drinks cabinet and turned around with a glass of champagne for her.

"Here and quickly get dressed we don't want to be late." He passed her the larger box and the glass and she headed off to the bedroom where she quickly done her hair and make-up and then stepped into the dress. She opened the other box to find a pair of gold sandals with a diamond-encrusted buckle, and a matching purse. She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn't believe that it was her staring back. The dress was strapless, showed off all her curves and the split up the side, showed the top of the suspenders, she felt so horny without wearing any panties. She stepped out of the room and crossed to Lindsey who was staring open-mouthed at her.

"Wow! You look...stunning!"

"Are you ready?" Sarah took his hand and he pulled her back and kissed her.

"No wait. There's another present." He said as he pulled away. He opened the other box and there inside was a pearl necklace with matching earrings.

"Lindsey you shouldn't have, all of this must of cost you a small fortune."

"Yes but it doesn't matter I had the money just sitting there in the bank with nothing and no-one to spend it on, that is until I met you."

Lindsey took out the necklace and placed it around her neck while she put the earrings on.

"I'd better keep my eye on you, there's a lot of single blokes that are going to be after you tonight."

He took her arm and led her down the stairs to the reception area, Giles walking through and stopped to look at her, he wanted to say how beautiful she looked but he could only stand and stare, green with envy at Lindsey. Lindsey opened the door for her and she stepped outside, the cold air hitting her making her nipples hard. There outside waiting was a white limo and the chauffeur opened the door taking her hand to help her in. Lindsey climbed in beside her and the chauffeur started the engine and started to drive.

Two hours later, a whole bottle of champagne, the driver stopped outside the Wolfram and Hart building in London.

"So this is where you work?" Sarah said as she took Lindsey's hand a climbed out of the limo. They walked into the building and took the elevator up to the top floor. As they stepped out a waiter handed them a glass of champagne from the tray he was holding. She was envious at the way the room was laid out; she hoped that when all of the decorations were up in the ballroom in the hotel that it would look better than this. There was a Christmas tree in the corner, a small dance floor on the other side, with an orchestra playing classical music.

"Ah Lindsey, glad you could make it. And who may we have here?" The man asked as he took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"Mr Linwood, please meet Sarah, my girlfriend." Sarah was a little taken aback at the mention of girlfriend but certainly didn't mind. "Sarah, Mr Linwood, my boss."

"Glad to meet you."

"Sarah works at the 'Sunnydale Hotel', they're a client of ours." Lindsey continued.

"So you're mixing business with a lot of pleasure!" Sarah looked a little embarrassed at his remark. "But it's good to see you with a woman, Lindsey." Linwood said as he walked off.

"Don't worry about him, he's had a few already." Lindsey said to her as he slipped his arm around her back. A woman at the bar turned and looked out into the crowd and Lindsey noticed her looking in their direction. She got up and walked over to the sucking on the olive out of her (i)martini.(i)

"That Lilah, she came over with Shannon, saying that I've got the contract ready to be picked up, I'll bring it tomorrow?"

"We're taking her on, on a short term contract."

"Hello Lindsey, nice to see you have actually brought someone along to these drab parties." Lilah was dress in a black spaghetti strapped, short dress.

"Hello Lilah."

"I recognise that voice."

"I'm Sarah, we've spoken on the phone a few times." Sarah said shaking Lilah's hand

"And how is Shannon? A feisty little thing isn't she?"

"Actually she's been a well behaved young woman since she came to stay with us."

"Do you want to dance?" Lindsey asked dragging her across the room; he was getting bored of talking about work. There were a few other couples dancing slowly to the music. Lindsey placed one arm around her back and the other in her hand and they danced to the music.

"Did I tell you how wonderful you look tonight?" He whispered in her ear, sending goosebumps all over her body.

"Yes you did, but it nice to hear it again."

"Do you know that all the blokes in this room are looking at you?" Sarah lifted her head off his shoulder and looked around the room.

"Tough, none of them have even the slightest chance, I'm with you." Lindsey smiled and his heart fluttered.

"Sarah there's something that I..." Linwood's voice booming over the speakers interrupted his sentence.

"Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen. But it's approaching midnight and the waitresses are now going to hand out the presents." The waitresses were all huddled around the Christmas tree and Linwood started to hand presents out pointing at each person so they knew whom they were for. There was a lot of commotion and ripping of paper. A waitress came up to them with two presents in her hand. Lindsey opened his, inside was a solid gold pen with his name on it.

"Go on open yours. They came around with a list of presents ages ago before I met you so I brought you one myself, so you didn't feel left out." Sarah opened the box and inside was a ladies gold (i)Rolex(i) watch. "I noticed that you hadn't got one and got fed up of you asking what the time was," he laughed softly then added, "Turn it over." On the back was engraved, With Love Lindsey. He took it out and placed it around her wrist, if he looked up at that very moment he would have seen the single tear roll down her face. She quickly wiped it away and looked at him.

"It's beautiful, thank you." She kissed him on the cheek. "What were you going to ask?"

"Oh I was going to ask if you wanted to come back to mine tonight?"

"I'd love to." He took her hand and led her out of the room and past Lilah. If they were walking slowly enough they would have hear Lilah mutter,

"Common bitch!" She was jealous of Sarah because before Lindsey had come to London, they had a love, hate relationship. She thought that if he would of stayed then it would of become something more.

***

"Sarah, wake up darling, we're here." A sudden blast of cold wind blew in that woke Sarah up as she looked out of the door she noticed that they were no longer in London but in front of a tall rise block of private apartments that ran alongside the Thames.

"Good evening Mr. McDonald." The doorman said as he opened the door for them.

"Good evening." Lindsey took Sarah's arm and led her to the elevator. Once the doors were closed he turned to her and started to kiss her. Her hands found it's way around his neck, while his hands held her closely around her waist. They only parted when the heard the bell signaling that they were at the floor they wanted. He took a hold of her hand and opened the door to the apartment. Inside was immaculate, like there was a woman in his life.

"Cleaner." He said as if reading her mind. He undone his tie and let it hang loosely around his neck. He walked into the kitchen and brought out two glasses and a bottle of wine.

"Sorry all out of champagne," he said with a little laugh.

"It's not the champagne that I'm here for," she said as she crossed to him. She kissed him lightly and he responded by parting her lips with his tongue. The kiss grew more intense and when they parted she found that she was breathless.

She walked over to the window and gazed out watching the waves crash into the riverbank. He walked up behind her and started to kiss the back of her neck while undoing the zipper at the back of her dress. When he had undone it she stepped out of it and he placed it on the back of a near-by chair. She turned to face him and let his eyes rake over her body. She saw the stirrings of his erection growing when he noticed she wasn't wearing pants, he then remembered that he'd forgotten to buy some for her. She walked away from the window and he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his for a kiss. She had kissed many men before but never had she felt a spark run through her body like the way it does when she kisses Lindsey. He took her hand and led her over to his bedroom. It was a simple room, a bed and a wardrobe. He scooped her up in his arms and gently laid her on the bed. It was so soft that her eyes began to close and Lindsey noticed so he removed her shoes and pulled the duvet over her. He climbed in beside her and she snuggled up into the crook of his arm.

"Good night I love you." He breathed into her hair.

"I love you too Lindsey." He was a little taken aback as he thought she was asleep. But then her words replayed in his mind and soon he fell asleep, happy.

***

The morning light streamed through the crack of the curtains and Sarah opened her eyes; she turned over and faced Lindsey. She kissed him and he woke up.

"Morning."

"Hi. Did you sleep well?" she asked.

"Like a baby. You?"

"Yeah, sorry about last night, it was probably too much drink that sent me off to sleep. But I can make up for it now if you want."

"Sorry Sarah but I need to go into the office to get the contract for Shannon to sign before we head to the hotel."

"That's a shame. Are you able to drive me home so I can get some clothes?"

"We haven't got time, but I'll tell you what, when I'm in the office why don't you buy some new ones?"

"No I can't keep letting you buy me things. I've got money I can buy some."

"No I want to. Look, it was me that dragged you back here. I forgot that you didn't have any clothes so let me please?" He said pouting at her.

"Ok. There's something that I need to ask you it's about last night." She turned and looked at him seriously.

"What?"

"When you introduced me to your boss you called me your girlfriend. We haven't talked about it before and I was wondering if what you said was true."

"Yes it is and if you can't recall me last night when I put you to bed I also said that I love you."

"Really?"

"Yes I do."

"I thought that it was only me that felt it. I love you too." He pulled her into a kiss before he got up and got dressed. She put on her clothes from last night and they took the elevator down to the underground car park. He pushed a remote on his key ring and a soft-top Mercedes beeped and unlocked itself. He walked over to the passenger door and opened it, kissing her as she sat down.

Half an hour later he dropped her off outside the shops and gave her £200. She walked in and out of the shops feeling a bit out of place dressed the way she was. She soon found what she was looking for, a lilac skirt suit. She paid for it and asked if she could use their changing rooms to change into it. When she looked at herself in the mirror she noticed that she had to buy some new shoes. She walked into the shoe shop next door and brought some lilac high heel shoes. The shop next door had a Christmas sale on and she walked in looking at the array of saucy underwear. She picked up a red bra with a matching thong and suspender belt, brought it and left that shop, now she had spent Lindsey's money she thought that it would be best to buy him something. She walked a long the road for a bit wondering what she would buy him. Then she spotted the shop she walked in and found the counter she was looking for. Brought it and got it gift-wrapped. As she walked out of the shop she noticed that there was a sale on Channel no. 5 so she brought some and put some on. Her mobile rang and she answered it.

"Hello."

"Hi are you ready, we've got two and a half hours to get to the hotel."

"Just finished."

"Where are you?"

"Pick me up where you dropped me off, I'm five minutes away."

As Sarah walked up to the car and opened the door Lindsey jumped, he didn't see her coming; she put her bags in the back seat and kept his bag in the front with her.

"I'm busy all day, I'm at meetings with the Sunnydale Hotel, take all my messages for me. I've got to go something has just come up. Hi" he said as he leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"You look nice, are you ready?"

"Here have this first," she passed him the present that she had brought for him and he opened it.

"(i)Versace(i) apparently it is a sharp, aquatic fragrance. With a feel of sea air, spicy rosemary is blended with jasmine and citrus notes. Or so the cashier said. What do you think?"

"It's lovely thanks. Now can we go I hate to be late, after all Buffy did let me keep you all to myself for the morning."

***

When they reached the hotel Lindsey helped her out of the car and they walked across the car park to the main doors, when she stopped. She stepped up to him and gave him a kiss.

"What was that for?"

"Well in a minute I'm going to be at work so there won't be anytime for that until later." They walked in and she said good morning to the SIT that was on the reception desk and made her way to her office to dump her bags of shopping until later. She looked at her watch, the one Lindsey had given her the night before and lost track of time, thinking about how much she loved him in a short time.

"Sarah? Hello? We've got to go to the meeting it's starting in about fifteen minutes." Lindsey said snapping her out of her thoughts. She quickly composed herself and locked the office door.

***

"Morning, I hope that you had a nice time last night." Buffy said as they entered the boardroom door together. Giles looked at Buffy a bit puzzled by what she said and then he noticed Sarah. There was this glow about her, something that he couldn't put his finger on, and then he noticed Lindsey.

'Oh damn it, I've lost her to that lawyer.' He thought miserably.

"Anyway, I've called you here today as I want to say something." Buffy said in a professional voice.

"Yes and we have both discussed it and thought that it would be best." Giles said.

Sarah began to get worried, 'maybe they're going to sack me, but I haven't done anything wrong.'

'She looks like a naughty little schoolgirl.' Giles smiled at his remark.

"Sarah, both me and Giles have been talking and have decided that what you have put into the running of this place is more than what we could have even imagined an, excuse the phrase, outsider could do. So we have decided that it's not our dream to own a hotel, it's yours. What we want is for you to buy the half of the hotel that is a hotel. We had someone in this morning to value the place and what we want to do for you is let you pay just a quarter of that amount and it's all yours. But and there is a but, we still want you to help run the other side of it all."

Sarah was absolutely shocked by the offer. Buffy handed her a slip of paper and she turned it over staring at it.

"No I can't accept it. If I take it, I want to pay more money." She doubled the figure and wrote it down and passed Buffy the paper back to her.

"You can't afford this much."

"I can if I sold my house."

"That's a big commitment, I think that we should leave you to think about it for a while, Giles." Giles looked up and understood the unsaid message from Buffy's look. He got up and they both left Sarah and Lindsey alone.

"If you sold your house where would you live?"

"I'd have to rent or move in here. What do you think?"

"As a lawyer I would have to say, you'll need to think this through very carefully. Looking at the books of the hotel itself, I'd say that it is a good little profit earner. But as a boyfriend I would say that there is another option." He took her hand into his, and she wondered what he was going to say.

"The other option is for you to move in with me."

"I'll have to think about it, it's a lot to take in."

"Take all the time you need, the offer will always be there. I've got to get Shannon to sign this." He got up, kissed her on her forehead and walked out, leaving her alone to her thoughts.

***

Buffy had decided that she had enough of ignoring Angel, she would get on with life, even if it meant without him. She walked into the sauna and quickly walked out, Gunn and Fred were in there kissing.

'God, everyone is at it!' she thought miserably as she walked into the swimming pool.

12