A Christmas Bonus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BrettJ
BrettJ
4,749 Followers

A year later, Colette DuMaurier looked at the gleaming diamond ring on her finger. In a few short months, she would be Colette Robinson and she and Paul would own almost all of the company jointly. She planned to do everything that she could to make them both richer and to stay as happy as they had been over the past twelve months. She never wanted to give him cause to question her love or her loyalty.

For that reason, she had not yet told him that she had seen his picture in a magazine article in Forbes. A picture that had captivated her and made Colette intent on meeting the successful, handsome millionaire and making him her partner in business and in life.

BrettJ
BrettJ
4,749 Followers
12
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
17 Comments
SatyrDickSatyrDick11 months ago

[25.05.23]

Business Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

Femdomlover01Femdomlover0111 months ago

I like to leave a comment, from time to time, to let an author, if he is still around, know that his work has been enjoyed. And I did enjoy this story, a lot. Unfortunately, I like to read other comments and I sometimes find myself devoting more effort to debunking some of those other comments than I do praising said author's work. I promised myself I wasn't going to do that today but... well... here goes.

Before I start in on the comments that I found were something between absurd and outright stupid, I did want to note that several of the commenters mentioned this story was too short and/or that it ended too abruptly. I have to agree on both counts. Yes, it was too short, but then, for me anyway, every story I like is too short. If I'm enjoying it, I want a story to go on just a bit longer... well, OK, maybe a whole bunch longer. As to the abruptness of the ending, yes, this ending was very abrupt. I must say, though, that I find many many otherwise fine stories posted on Lit. to have abrupt endings, so, if you otherwise enjoy a story, you just kind of have to accept that. Having never written a story myself, maybe I don't really understand how hard it is to write a good ending that does not seem abrupt?

Now, on to some other comments!

The comments: "Nice, but this does not happen in the real world of big business," and "Author doesn't understand business operation!" Oh, were you looking for realism? Were you looking for accuracy in a business operation? Let me respectfully suggest you are in the wrong place. This is Literotica. The purpose of Literotica is to provide a venue for entertaining stories. If some accuracy is sacrificed for the sake of the story, then that's OK, and maybe even to be expected. If accuracy of how a business, or the business world, works is important to you, perhaps you would be better served by seeking out non-fiction books on business, or the Wall Street Journal.

The comment: "...BEING TWICE-DIVORCED HE WAS STILL A STUPID CLUELESS CUCK." Really? Technically, by the dictionary definition, he has been a 'cuck', but stupid and clueless? In each case he found out and terminated the relationship, so how is that stupid and clueless? I guess, by your interpretation, every man whose woman has cheated on him is stupid and clueless?

The comment: "I am thinking that she is a scheming bitch out to get everything he owns..." I am thinking that maybe you did not read to the end of the story? If you did, you would have seen these lines from the last two paragraphs: "She planned to do everything that she could to make them both richer and to stay as happy as they had been over the past twelve months. She never wanted to give him cause to question her love or her loyalty." and "A picture that had captivated her and made Colette intent on meeting the successful, handsome millionaire and making him her partner in business and in life." Now, I'll grant you that she did a bit of scheming, but it was scheming to meet him, make him fall in love with her and to have a wonderful life together. She had no desire to take anything from him but to give him everything she had to offer.

The comment: "...she is the one with the controlling interest, in stock, and the marriage." How did you come to that conclusion? Since the story ended where it did, we can have no idea of who, if either of them, took control. We can only guess. But, again, based on the sentences I have, above, quoted from the last two paragraphs of the story, it appears, to me anyway, that her intent is for them to be equal partners in a long, and very happy business, and personal, relationship.

The comment: "quite well written, but really not very erotic." Not very erotic? Maybe one of us doesn't understand what the word erotic means. To be sure it wasn't me, I looked it up, and here is a definition: "relating to or tending to arouse sexual desire or excitement." Based on that definition, for me anyway, the story began to get erotic from the moment Colette entered the room. Paul's description of her was very erotic. From that point on there are little erotic passages scattered about until they get to Colette's bedroom where the next 800 words, or so are pure eroticism. Oh wait, I get it. By "not very erotic," you mean that every word was not sexual. That there was actually parts of the story that were just story. That's fine. If you just want a 'story' that is pure wacking material, Literotica has plenty of those, this just isn't one of them. This is a story of two people. Who they are, what their motivations are, how they interact and get to know each other, and there are moments of sex and eroticism, but there is a story other than just sex, and that's what I prefer. I would rather read a story where the sex is incidental to the story and not the whole point of the story.

In closing, I'd like to thank the author for sharing a story that, while it may have been too short, it may have ended a little abruptly, it may not have been totally accurate in every detail, and it may not have been erotic with every word, was still a wonderful story and an enjoyable read. Thank you BrettJ!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WITH ALL THOSE MILLIONS, BEING TWICE-DIVORCED HE WAS STILL A STUPID CLUELESS CUCK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice, but this does not happen in the real world of big business!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Short Story

OK you said a whirlwind romance & it was. Enjoyable in its own way but really just Christmas fluff. Thanks anyway.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Sales Team Desperate woman tries to pay back man who saves her.in Romance
Charity Begins Next Door Life isn't fair. So when you fight back, fight dirty.in Romance
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
Hero's Reward One brave deed holds the key to unlocking a scarred heart.in Romance
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
More Stories