A Christmas Party Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lannasage
lannasage
642 Followers

Phi shook her head, "It's not like that Kay."

"How is it then?" Kachi asked, her head cocked like she was waiting for a really good explanation. She didn't understand why Phi would relent in calling a man she so confessed to being attracted to, she had never known her to be a coward or indecisive even. Normal Phi just jumped into stuff and faced the consequences later- after the fun was over.

Phi sighed as her mind tried to come up with a sensible explanation- not just sensible, but one she agreed with, "I don't know if this will make sense Kachi, but..." she released a deep sigh before continuing, "I don't want him to be just a fling, I don't want him to see me as just a fling, and I feel like calling him so early...I might come off as some desperate, horny, bitch-in-heat, sex-starved..."

"I get it, just go on."

Phi smiled, "Anyway, I know I've not known him for too long, but I really like him, looks and attraction aside, and I want....more."

Kachi nodded. She knew where Phi was coming from, hell, she was surprised Phi was even thinking in that direction, she really had never known Phi to be one for commitment, her anthem usually went 'love em and leave em', her mind was made up that one man could never stick to one woman, so she would rather do the dumping than wait to get dumped.

"Wow, I never knew you could like a man like that." Kachi spoke like she was having an epiphany.

Phi chuckled, "TMI huh?"

"No, it's just a lot to take in when it's coming from you."

Phi buried her face in her hands with a shy smile, "I feel so silly Kachi, like some love-struck teenager."

"I know how you feel." she replied as she rubbed Phi's back.

A light knock came at Phi's door, ending their little moment, "Who could that be?" Kachi asked.

Phi shrugged, "I don't know." she stood up and went to the door, "Who's there?" she got no reply. She unlocked the door and opened it warily, she peeked outside and noticed a rectangular-shaped item by the door. She opened up fully and stepped outside.

"Who is it Phi?" she heard Kachi asked from inside.

She looked on both sides of the street, perhaps someone had dropped a package at the wrong door, "I don't know." She replied. She studied the wrapped item, her eyes looking around the area again. Just then, she caught a glimpse of...was that Keith? She couldn't quite say, he was standing at a far distance and the street wasn't illuminated enough to get a clear view. He winked at her and then walked away, that confident stride gave him away.

She shook her head, her lips formed in a grin as she took the wrapped item and went into the house, locking up again.

"What's that?" Kachi asked.

"I don't know."

"Who brought it?"

"I can guess" she replied with a sly smile as she found a paper cutter inside a drawer and returned to Kachi and the waiting item. She proceeded to open up the item which had to be at least 3 ft. long. She tore up the paper, the first thing she saw was apparently, the back of a portrait, there was a note on it.

"In my eyes?" she asked, reading the three words in confusion.

"Turn it around, let's see" Kachi said excitedly.

Phi turned it around and her eyes- and Kachi's widened at the sight before them. There was a portrait of Phi sitting in front of a vanity mirror, her only item of clothing? A sheet that covered her breasts, her lower body wasn't in view, but her back was bare, she had on a seductive smile, and her eyes relayed pure happiness.

"Wow, he's got an imagination." Kachi commented, her eyes taking in the view before her, even she didn't know what Phi looked like barely clothed, and she had never wanted to know, "Well, we know how he feels about you." she added, repeating the same comment Phi had made to her some days ago.

She looked down at the bottom of the portrait and the name written was 'Eminem' a smile grew on her lips. It might not have been what anyone would consider morally right, but just the fact that he had made her her own portrait warmed her heart, most people couldn't even boast of having one, and here she was getting a beautiful portrait from a beautiful man.

"I guess he got tired of waiting for your call, doesn't look like one who's interested in just a fling either"

Phi unconsciously traced the lines of the drawing, it was perfect, from the shades to the hue, even the little details like the items on the vanity mirror were paid their attention.

"It's lovely" she breathed.

Kachi reached for Phi's phone which sat on a side table and handed it to her, "I think you have a number to dial." She smiled. Now she was excited for Phi, it was about time she found someone who really liked her.

******

This wasn't right.

Donny was unsure which though; this little scheme he had with Claire, or the fact that he thought it was wrong. He should be happy, by tomorrow, Claire would have carried out the plan, successfully, he hoped. By the next, the tape would have been delivered to Kachi, and she would have been through with everything Jeremy Blaire by the end of the week. It was a foolproof plan, best of which, he wouldn't be implicated in any way, still, it left a terrible feeling in the pit of his stomach and made him question his loyalty and integrity as a friend- as Kachi's best friend.

If things were the other way around and he had fallen in love, Kachi would have supported him, whether she liked the girl or not. He remembered vividly, she hadn't always been on good terms with Mildred, no, Mildred absolutely hated her, but she had never said a bad word about her, thinking he really liked her. She had been happy for him, truly happy, shouldn't it follow then that when she found someone that made her happy, he should also be happy for her?

Not only had he gone into an agreement with that bitter bitch Claire, he had even fucked her too...that was her idea of sealing the agreement. There was nothing exactly memorable about that fuck, well, she gave good head, but that was about it- it was nothing stellar, just good, the sex was mediocre at most, he had fucked the whore in every position he could think of- and any she could too. She wasn't exactly tight- well, not as tight as he imagined Kachi to be.....damn it! He was still thinking about her, how difficult was it to get her out of his mind? Then again, it had to be one helluva task to get someone he had loved for close to a decade off his mind.

It would take more than an all-night fucking of a cheap bimbo that was for sure. Even the thought that he had slept with Claire made him disgusted, like he was some loser that was only good for Jeremy's left-over.

He shook his head with one resolve, he didn't want in anymore. If Jeremy and Kachi were going to break-up, it was going to be because it was meant to be, not due to some calculated plan. If he and Kachi were meant to be, he would get her fair and square, not by default or any form of foul play.

He stood up and went into his room to get his phone, but before he could get there, he heard the sound of his doorbell. He dragged himself lazily to the door, he didn't need any visitors right now, he didn't want to see anyone.

"Who's there?" he asked, he was all set to tell whoever it was to come back later and feign some communicable illness or something.

"Donny, it's Kachi."

Well, there was always an exception- she would always be the exception.

He swung open the door and grinned from ear to ear at the sight before him. She was carrying a large picnic basket and he could guess what was inside.

She smiled sheepishly at him, food was always a hit after all, "Hey." she began, "May I come in?"

"Yeah." He replied as he made way for her entrance. She stepped in, as she passed by him, he caught a whiff of Beyonce's Heat. He had gotten it for her two months ago to celebrate her new job, after her first day at work, she hadn't worn it anymore. Something was definitely going on, and he was loving where it was heading.

"I came to apologize." she blurted out as soon as they were in his sitting room. She went on, intent on spilling her every thought before he had the chance to speak, "What I did on New Year's eve. It was wrong, I should've called to cancel, I shouldn't have gone off on you like that, I just...I'm sorry." she completed with a whoosh.

He smiled.

And here he was being the disgruntled, vengeful ex-bestie. If only she knew how happy that apology made him, the food alone was enough to forgive all wrongs, the apology was just a bonus. He had been a bit terrified that she may never speak to him after his little performance that night, once he had reigned in his rampant emotions, he had been able to point out his faults- actually all of that happened a few hours ago, once the bitterness was washed away and reality came back to him.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate..."

"No, I was.."

"Shh." he said softly, he moved a bit closer, "Let's accept we were both wrong." he said with finality.

She smiled and nodded, "Sure."

"Hug?"

A grin formed on her beautiful lips as she walked into his waiting arms and receive his warm hug, "I missed you." she muttered against him.

"Same here."

He ended their embrace reluctantly, he loved the feel of her soft body pressed against his, but he reminded himself that she wasn't his and he had to respect her choice.

"I guess the food won't be necessary anymore." she said with a teasing smile.

"Oh no." he snatched the basket from her, "It's highly necessary." he laughed.

As they opened the basket, his eyes and nose were on high alert as he all but worshipped the variety of dishes in the basket, from Monagesque dishes, to American dishes, she had even made some jollof rice. Well, if this was her apology basket, he thought it would be beneficial if she could offend him more often.

They ate together, both discussing everything they could think of under the sun. Even as he laughed and joked around with his best friend, Donny knew there was something else that had to be said, but first off, he had an important call to make.

*****

Claire tapped slender, manicured fingers against her desk. Why was she so unfortunate? Was she cursed to be among fools? Cowards, untrustworthy little pussies. He didn't even have to do squat, this was all her plan, she was the one who would do the difficult part. All the bonehead had to do was keep Kachi occupied once the deed was done.

But no, that was too much to ask of that idiot. How dare he? Did he really think he could just out her like that? Their agreement wasn't even 3 days old, and he had already chickened out with that silly excuse about him being her best friend and loyalty and blah blah blah, like she cared about all that bullshit.

And to think she had even thought of him as a good replacement for Jeremy, how delusional a good fuck could make one. So much for that thought.

She snorted.

Well, good riddance, she was going to do what she was going to do, Donny or no Donny. He had attempted to talk some sense into her, to make her revert her decision, but sense was something she had no use for when she felt she was being cheated out of her rightful possession.

She picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Miss Gareth..."

"Do you have the drugs?"

"Yes ma'am, I've gotten them, I..."

"Don't forget to slip it in his coffee tomorrow morning."

"Of course Miss Gareth, may I ask..."

"Call me once it's done."

"Yes ma'am." the voice replied meekly, now registering the message that Claire only wanted to hear affirmations and nothing else.

"Goodbye."

"Yes ma'am."

"One more thing Lee-Anne."

"Yes, Miss Gareth?"

"If by any chance you fail to drug his coffee, or he discovers your involvement, make sure you keep my name out of it, or you'll have yourself to blame for any repercussions. Are we clear?" she asked menacingly.

"Yes ma'am." Lee-Anne squeaked. She was truly terrified of Claire, the woman had the power to make sure she never found another job in the entire city. Getting caught would mean facing Jeremy's wrath, but whatever Jeremy would do to her would only be a pat on the head compared to what Claire was sure to do.

"Glad we have an understanding." Claire said and then dropped the phone.

She smiled to herself at the upset she was soon to cause. Oh, Jeremy and that little whore would never know what hit them. Nobody, absolutely no one used Claire Gareth and dumped her.

*****

Jeremy shook his head in an effort to wipe the hazy feeling he was having.

He had been in this state for over half an hour now and was starting to think he had perhaps overworked himself.

It was just a few minutes past five and save for himself, the cleaners and three other staff who were working overtime, the entire office was cleared.

But overworking had never gotten him this weak, he could barely see the numbers on his screen. He stood up, his eyes briefly met the cup of coffee sitting on his desk, perhaps he had taken too much of that. He needed to get home and get some rest- if he could even drive home in this state.

He grabbed his jacket and dragged himself to the door, he opened it to see Lee-Anne's cheery face, beaming at him- two of them. He shook his head, what could he have possibly eaten to get so blurry-eyed?

"Mr. Blaire, I was going to ask when you would be.."

"I'm leaving now Lee-Anne." he slurred as he stumbled past her.

"Are you okay, Mr. Blaire?"

Jeremy placed his hand on her desk to steady himself. What had he taken? He tried to remember what he had had for breakfast; waffles, bacon and eggs and some coffee, nothing he was allergic to. He hadn't had lunch, and he definitely hadn't had anything alcoholic.

He looked up at Lee-Anne who was looking at him with concern.

"Do you need someone to take you home sir?"

"Yes, yes Lee-Anne that would be much appreciated." he replied as he crashed onto a nearby chair. He sighed deeply, dragging his hand across his face as he heard Lee-Anne speaking to someone on her phone. The only thing he could gather was that the person was female, but nothing else, she didn't mention a name and he couldn't make out the actual discussion- it was brief anyways. By the time she was through, he was drifting into unconsciousness and couldn't really care who got him home, as long as he got there safely.

*****

"Phi, please get the door." Kachi said from the kitchen.

Phi grumbled as she dragged herself off the couch, unwilling to miss even a second of Desperate Housewives, especially as Gabrielle's scene was on. She craned her neck unsuccessfully to see what was going on even as she walked to the door, she swiftly went to the door and flung it open, intent on growling at whoever had caused her to miss scenes she dubbed 'highly important', but she was least prepared for who she met at the door.

"Ai, ai, papi, I don't know what quest you're on sexy, but you just found your princess." she said as she eyed up the tall, chocolate hunk at the door. He looked to be about 6 ft. 1", he had broad shoulders and nice, strong arms that filled his short-sleeved shirt, he reminded her of a younger version of that guy in Salt, Chiwetel Ejiofor, only his hair was in a low-cut and he was a few shades darker.

He had on an amused smile, "Lemme guess, Phumi?"

She gasped as she placed her hand against the left-side of her chest, "Oh my goodness! He even knows my name. How the fates have blessed me with my very own Prince Charming."

Ugo's smile grew to full on laughter at that comment. This woman really was the clown Kachi made her to be, "I must be in the right place then, is Kachi home?"

Phi frowned, "Could it be my Prince's heart belongs to another?"

She watched him toss his head back in laughter as he held his rib, his laughter was rich and inviting, just how she thought a man should laugh, "Please, where is my sister?" he asked.

"Phi, who's at the..." Kachi began as she went to the door. Phi had been there a little too long, "Ugo!" she squealed as she jumped into her elder brother's arms and he held her in a tight embrace.

He pecked her cheek as he gently placed her back on her feet, "How are you?" he began.

"I'm fine." She replied, her smile unwavering, "You didn't tell me you would be visiting."

"I wanted to surprise you." he replied, "Your friend is a character." he added as he smiled at Phi. Who now looked a bit confused.

Kachi smiled, now looking at Phi, "I told you." She replied, "Ugo, this is my really really close friend, Phumi, Phumi, my immediate elder brother, Ugo."

"Nice to finally meet you Phumi, Kachi has told me a lot about you." he began, "And they all seem to be true." he added as he shook her.

Phi blushed, "Trust me, your sister has a few lies under her belt." she said. She had never met any of Kachi's brothers, sure she had heard about them from both Kachi and Donny, while Kachi spoke with love and endearment, Donny was with respect, but none of them had said how handsome they were. She supposed she should have expected this, but Kachi was so small, and her brother much bigger, that much was unexpected.

Kachi feigned shock, "Phumi! I would never tell a lie." She said as they went back into the house.

They sat together, talking extensively on Ugo's visit. Turned out he was in Ohio on transfer, before Kachi could get an attack, he assured her that he planned to stay with a close friend until he could finalize his move into an apartment, so he wouldn't be invading her space or anything.

"So, what's been going on with you and Donny Kachi?" he asked.

Kachi didn't immediately reply, her first thoughts were that the question had a suggestive undertone, like he thought they should be dating, "Donny's at home, we've been doing well." Kachi replied as she munched on a cake, a large cup of ice-cream in her lap.

"Maybe you could take me to his place. It's been a while." Ugo commented, he was the closest to Donny among all of Kachi's brothers, mostly because they were around the same age, he was only two years older.

Kachi nodded, "That will be tomorrow, but Phi can take you if you have to see him today."

"I can even take you if you want to go tomorrow." Phi added as she thought of all the places she could take him to. In her mind's eye, she could imagine walking with him down the street and introducing him to her female friends as her brother. It was something she loved doing when she was much younger, if she was friends with a good-looking guy, she would tell everyone he was her brother, or cousin, or a relative. She would've done same with Donny, but his race made it impossible to pass him off as a relative no matter how hard she tried- that, and he was never down with that anyway.

"That would be nice. I would like that very much. Thank you Phi." Ugo replied with a grin.

Kachi scoffed, "Don't think you can just come here and toast my friend."

"Am I complaining?" Phi interjected, "I don't mind if you toast me." she said to Ugo.

"When Eminem finds out, your middle name will be 'sorry'"

Ugo's eyes drifted between the two women, "Eminem? Who's Eminem?"

"He's one of Phi's very insistent customers." Kachi replied with a glint in her eyes, she winked at Phi.

"Interesting. So, what about yours?" he asked, the question was obviously directed at Kachi.

Before Kachi could get a word out of her mouth, Phi jumped in, apparently wanting to get back her pound of flesh, "Hmm, in fact you'll have to rest very well before we can begin that gist."

"Ehn ehn!" Ugo began in wonder, "So it's that serious."

"Even more, do you know..."

"It's enough please" Kachi interjected, she had a nagging feeling that if she allowed Phi to go any further, she was going to spill more than she could explain. She planned to tell Ugo and eventually her entire family, all about Jeremy, but not quite yet.

lannasage
lannasage
642 Followers