A Christmas Party Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kezie nodded, "Same here, I've heard a lot about you from my siblings."

"Hope it's nothing damaging." Jeremy joked, making Kezie crack a smile.

"Oh no, in fact most have been good. Ugo thinks very highly of you, I would give you 'the talk' but I think you must have gotten it from my brother. I trust his judgment."

Jeremy smiled, "Thank you." He sighed inwardly in relief, he honestly wasn't ready for an impromptu quiz.

"You're welcome. Have fun" he walked away with that, heading towards his father who was having a chat with Jeremy's father.

Kachi watched Jeremy and Kezie from a distance sighing in relief when Kezie walked away, he was the most difficult of all three of her brothers and she was glad he didn't trouble Jeremy too much. She gave him a wink when he looked away and he shook his head with a smile.

"So, you mind telling me what had you smiling like a cheshire cat some hours ago?" Phi asked breaking into her thoughts.

Kachi turned to her and smiled as she remembered what it was that had her smiling, "Oh nothing, just made a call to a certain someone."

Phi raised a brow, "Who to?" After a brief thought she raised her brows in realisation, "Oh, oh, wow, way to go, I'm proud of you girl, some balls, finally!" Phis sighed as she raised her glass to her lips and took a sip of the cocktail in her hand

Kachi smiled, "I'll take that as a compliment"." She looked arounf her noticing how much everyone got along, even Donny and Jeremy were speaking to each other. She had no idea what they had said each other, but she was glad they sorted out their issues, she couldn't have two of her favourite men in the world at odds with each other. Everything was definitely coming together now, she only hoped Claire got her message loud and clear. She had a feeling she did.

*****

"What do you mean 'she changed her mind'?" Kachi raved at her oldest brother. It was just a day to her wedding and rather than having the time of her life on her Hen night, she had to deal with her family and their impromptu decisions.

"I mean 'she changed her mind', she said something came up or so and she decided to take the night flight." I.K, her eldest brother replied non-chalantly.

"But you were supposed to come with her, she doesn't know where the wedding will be holding."

IK rolled his eyes, "she's not a child Kachi, she's twenty-four, she'll find her way."

"Are you sure you didn't purposely abandon her?" Kachi knew how much of a pain-in-the-ass her cousin could be sometimes and it wouldn't be beyond IK to actually do something like that.

"If only...I swear I didn't, stop interrogating me like I'm ten, I'm seven years older than you in case you've forgotten."

Kachi sighed, "So, what do we do now?"

IK shrugged, "I don't know, just call a friend or someone to pick her up from the airport, she can at least go that far. I bet she'd even find the chapel in record time, she'll just talk some poor soul into driving her there for free."

"This isn't the time for Ada-inspired jabs..." She bit her bottom lip in thought, who could she send?, "I know someone who'll be okay with it."

"Great, see you tomorrow Mrs. Blaire, oh, and don't drink at all. Love you" IK replied and ended the call before she said anything else, he also planned to enjoy a nice, relaxing sleep before the big day tomorrow. He had skipped Jeremy's bachelor party, but he planned to get the down-low from his brothers tomorrow. It would be quite an eventful day.

*****

Things he'd do for a friend- or more specifically, Kachi.

Donny sat in the local airport waiting for this cousin of Kachi's who was supposed to arrive in about twenty minutes. He could count the many things he could be doing right now, but she had pleaded with him and whined so much he had no other choice than to do as she asked.

He took a deep sigh as he stared at his watch, where was the darned flight? As he suled to himself, he raised his head up and saw a figure pulling along a little box and adjusting a carry-on. He knew that person.

As the figure approached, he realised it was none other than Claire, he was going to ignore her, but before he could look away, she spotted him, her frown grew deeper if that was even possible. Well I'm not ecstatic to see you either, he thought. She stomped toward him and stood in front of him like she was trying to stare him down- he didn't give her that pleasure.

"Are you running away too?" She asked.

He raised his brow in confusion, what was she talking about?, "What?"

"Are you running away too? You know they're getting married today." She noticed for the first time that he had no luggage with him, "Where's your stuff?"

He almost broke a rib laughing once he realised her meaning, "You're running away? Wow! I must say I never expected you'd cow so easily, did someone threaten you?"

She felt a little uneasy at that comment, but managed to stave it off- hopefully, before Donny noticed, she scoffed, "Me? Nobody threatens me, I'm just going on a vacation." She defended.

He arched a fine brow, "oh really? I thought you just said you were running away, now it's a vacation?"

She frowned, "what are you insinuating? It's your fault we're here, of you had just stuck to the plan..."

"Well forgive me for growing a conscience oh-mighty-schemer. You know bitterness doesn't suit anyone."

"You're one to talk, four months ago you wanted Jeremy wiped off the surface of the earth." She snapped.

"Like I said, I grew a conscience, let's hope your little vacation helps you grow one too."

She was all set to throw another retort his way when the voice of the announcer rang within the airport informing travellers of the boarding of her flight. She eyed him indignatly and huffed turning and continuing on her way. He couldn't have possibly gotten over Kachi that fast, she could bet on it.

Donny dragged his hand over his face as he sighed, claire would never make his lidt of favourite people to talk to. He frowned as he remembered what had made him encounter her in the first place, had kachi's cousin's flight been caught in the Bermuda triangle?

The announcer's voice came over the speaker again, this time, it was to announce the arrival of a flight- just the one he was waiting for. He picked up the sign Kachi had given him, looking at the name written on it for the first time- Adaora Obi, all he knew was she was dark and a talkative, no pictures whatsoever, so she would have to find him.

Ten minutes later, a steady influx of travellers streamed into the 'Arrivals' terminal. He stood up and raised the sign, looking for any dark females, most passed him by and it was starting to look like she must have missed the flight when only few people filtered in, he would be so pissed if his wait was futile.

Just as he was about to take out his phone and call Kachi, he heard a husky female voice say, "You're not IK."

The first thing that came to his mind was how hot the voice was, when he looked up at her, the second thought was that the owner was even hotter, the third was how he was going to get her name and number, and finally, SHE was the cousin.

The woman was looking up at him questioningly, her enchanting eyes were the lightest shade of brown that gave a delicious contrast to her smooth, dark skin and were framed by long, thick lashes. Her oval-shaped face was pretty with a cute little button nose and small, pouty lips a darker shade of pink. She was tall, much taller than Kachi and almost as tall as he was, he guessed she should be around 5"11'. She was quite slender, the purple knee-high shorts she wore showing off a pair of long, toned legs, she had on a nice pair of grey sneakers, the same colour as the fitted shirt she was wearing with the inscription, "Bite Me" written boldly on it.

Oh how he'd love to bite her and nibble on her just so he could discover if she tasted as delicious as she looked. He was broken out of his thoughts when he noticed her small hand waving in his face.

"Are you still with us?" She asked, now looking more concerned than confused.

He smiled sheepishly, "I guess you're Ada-ora?" He asked, hoping he pronounced the name right.

She smiled, "Actually it's pronounced "Adorer" like to adore something." She corrected.

She was definitely worth adoration, her cute smile sealed the deal for him. He wanted her like he wanted to breathe, the last time he had felt an attraction this instant for aomeone else was....he was so caught under the spell of this family.

"IK couldn't make it. Kachi asked me to come pick you up." He replied, hopefull without drooling.

She shook her head, "Will that one ever make it?" She asked, apparently referring to IK, "What's your name?"

"Donald, but everyone calls me Donny."

A knowing smile lit up her beautiful face, "Oh so you're Donny? I've hears about you. Kachi never said you were this fine." She said almost thoughtfully.

Donny turned crimson, he shrugged like her compliment hadn't made him wish he could do a little cha-cha, "Maybe she forgot to mention that."

"Aww, how cute, you're blushing." She gushed.

Donny wished he could scurry under a counter and hide, she didn't go easy with the compliments this one, she definitely wasn't like Kachi character-wise. He got a feeling he would enjoy her company a lot.

"I like your eyes."

"Thanks, I think you have beautiful eyes too." He commented. Lord, talk about third-grade, elementary school corny. Did that really come out of his mouth.

She laughed heartily, one more thing he knew he was going to love about her, "You're so cute. Come on, we better start going, I have a feeling Kachi will have my head once she sees me." She said as she wove her arm into his, "I hope you're not a serial killer who's killed IK and plans to rape and then kill me." She asked.

He suddenly went still, where did that come from? He wondered. He did want to do something with her that involved a bed and naked bodies, but it was going to be consensual, "No, I swear, no" he replied.

She laughed at his uneasiness, "Just joking around."

He smiled in relief. As they walked towards the scanner, he noticed she only had a medium sized carry-on bag, she didn't plan to stay much longer than the wedding apparently. Well, he was going to have to make the best use of whatever time she had here.

*so that's the end of A Christmas Party. Hope you guys enjoyed it, and thanks for your patience. I'm still not sure if Donny should have a story though. Lots of love.*L.S

12