A Common Kind of Love Ch. 09

Story Info
Are they going to find the happy ending?
5.7k words
4.73
30.3k
14
4

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 03/25/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
liljean
liljean
256 Followers

Chapter 9

Six Months Later...

It had been some months since the cancelling of Naomi's impending engagement to Randolph when her life finally had settled down. After all the speculation had died down about her possibly being pregnant or having some dreaded disease which resulted in her passing out, life had returned to some semblance of normalcy. The Duke and Duchess weren't pleased with her decision but they couldn't possibly make too big a stink about it since they still wanted favor with the royal household. Randolph wasn't sad about it in the least and went on with his gallivanting. A few weeks after the cancellation of the engagement he was caught in a scandal, he was found in a hotel room with two underage girls, they were tourists from Finland. Naomi was pleased that her Father let her dodge the bullet by not marrying him.

During the months a few events had taken place. Freddie and Dhani had become engaged over the Christmas holiday. It had been a shocker for Freddie, but he'd been planning it for awhile and had asked her to marry him on Christmas day. So Freddie had been in full force for planning a wedding. She'd chosen Naomi as her maid of honor so she'd been busy also along with Zoe and Queen Evie who had stepped into the role of Freddie's mother since her mother had passed as a child. Freddie who was usually all business had been walking around giddy as a schoolgirl. She'd been living in Tennessee part time with Dhani and coming back and forth to the island. The royal household had friends at the State Department who were helping her become a citizen of the United States. She'd also been training her replacements as Zoe and Naomi's personal assistant. They'd decided to hire two assistants so the princesses wouldn't be sharing one anymore. Naomi's new assistant, Carla, was a very nice sweet girl from the island with dark skin the color of ebony almost, she was tall and thin with short hair colored blonde. Zoe's new assistant was an ex-patriot from England, her name was Julie and she was petite a tad on the portly side but cute and bubbly with shoulder length strawberry blonde hair. She and Zoe were about the same age so they'd become best friends instantaneously.

Naomi had been so happy about Freddie's engagement and did not begrudge her friend a moment of happiness but she couldn't help but wonder and think about Douglas. She'd hear things here and there while she was in Tennessee helping Freddie with the wedding and being fitted for her dress. She'd heard he'd recently been promoted to position of a director in his department and that he dated a few women but hadn't found anyone special. He was going to be Dhani's best man but she hadn't seen him on any of her visits to Tennessee.

She was sitting on their private jet pondering what was going to happen now that the wedding was a few days away and she'd finally see him again after a long six months. Zoe and Queen Evie were making this trip also, her father unfortunately had business to attend to and would not be able to make the wedding but he had flown Freddie's father out on the private jet a few days ago to attend the wedding as a gesture of goodwill and a way to ask to be forgiven.

"Are you doing okay, Sugar Plum?" her mother asked as she sat across from her on the plane. Her mother's long time personal assistant, Martha had come with them to help them on the trip.

"I'm doing fine, momma. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you seem a little preoccupied, nervous maybe?" she said with concern in her voice.

Naomi chuckled softly, "yes, maybe I am," she looked at her mother. Queen Evie could see sadness in her face. "This will be the first time I've seen Douglas in six months and I am all nerves."

"Her mother reached out to take her hands, "Darling, don't worry. It's just that you still love him so it may be awkward at first but I believe he still loves you. No man that doesn't love a woman very deeply reacts as he did when you last saw him. He was just hurt but it doesn't mean he doesn't love you anymore."

Naomi smiled a sad smile to her mother. She thought to herself, 'well, I guess we're going to see about that, aren't we?'

It was a beautiful spring day in Nashville, Tennessee. They'd had the rehearsal dinner the day before and Naomi had finally seen Douglas. He'd shown up with a date, an Asian woman named Simone who was petite with long dark hair, very cute Naomi had thought to herself as she looked at her. Douglas looked wonderful as usual in casual khaki slacks and a navy blue polo shirt, he'd cut his hair shorter but he still looked exceedingly beautiful. She'd tried to avoid eye contact with him but they couldn't help it. Every once in awhile their eyes would lock and she'd see those ocean blue beauties turn a little stormy grey.

"Hello, Douglas," she'd caught him right before dinner.

Douglas turned and was surprised to see Naomi in front of him. He'd seen her come in a few moments ago accompanied by her sister and mother. She looked fabulous, but she always looked fabulous. She was dressed in a beautiful bright yellow sundress that lifted those beautiful breasts of hers and let that smooth chocolate brown skin peek from underneath. He licked his lips, he was feeling thirsty all of a sudden so he took a sip of his drink.

"Hi Naomi, how are you?" he tried to sound nonchalant as if the sight of her wasn't giving him the woody of a lifetime.

"I'm doing fine and yourself?"

"I'm great, doing wonderful," his date slid in close to him and he turned to her, "oh, Naomi this is my...friend, Simone. And Simone this is my friend Naomi"

At least he called me friend, thought Naomi.

Naomi put her hand out to shake the woman's hand but Simone only looked at it, "nice to meet you Simone."

Simone just looked Naomi up and down as if to dismiss her as she said, "you too. Douglas, sweetheart can we go and take a seat I'm getting tired."

Douglas looked annoyed, "sure, go right ahead and sit over at that table," he then pointed it out for her.

"Aren't you going to come with me?" she said in a whiny tone.

"I'll be over in a minute Simone, but I'd like to finish talking to Naomi."

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you," then she leaned up to give him a slight kiss on his lips.

Naomi was close to losing her composure but she couldn't, this was her friend's rehearsal dinner and there wouldn't be any scenes here.

Douglas was embarrassed by the kiss, he'd only been seeing Simone for about a week or two and she was becoming way too clingy for him. He met her at the gym and she seemed nice and he thought she would probably be a good way for him not to be dateless for Dhani's wedding. He wasn't sure if Naomi was bringing a date but if she did he wouldn't be some dope. He'd heard months previous from Dhani that her engagement had been called off but his pride couldn't have him slinking back to her to begin their relationship again. He did have to admit that he was relieved when he realized she hadn't come with anyone.

"You look beautiful Naomi," he told her and she knew he meant it.

"Thank you. You were always so generous with compliments."

"It's easy to be generous with compliments with someone who deserves them," he smiled and that dimple came out. Naomi had to press her legs together not to come on the spot.

She put her head down and blushed a bit, "Douglas, please stop. I don't deserve it especially after the way I treated you."

Douglas' smiled faded a little, the pain he'd felt had finally subsided. But he stood there and looked at her, his love had not faded at all, it was just as strong.

"That's okay, that's all over now. We can start again, can't we?"

"I guess we can. I'm so sorry for what I put you through Douglas. You must know I never meant to hurt you, ever. Please accept my apology."

"I do, Naomi," he pulled her into a tight hug. Douglas felt as if he never wanted to let her go, she smelled so good so sweet. The way she smelled was the same way she smelled the last time he saw her, like lavender. Every time he smelled that scent it only reminded him how much he loved her and missed her. "I do," he said into her ear softly.

Naomi pulled away she could feel tears coming to her eyes.

"I guess I'll let you get back to your date," she said in a rush and turned to walk away.

Douglas watched her as she went to sit by Zoe and her mother. He still loved her and he wasn't going to be a silly fool and let her get away again.

The wedding had turned out absolutely gorgeous. Freddie looked beautiful in an ivory spaghetti strap silk gown that flowed out behind her with a deep V in the back. It was simple but that had always been Freddie's style. The hairdresser had put her hair up and it was adorned with orchids, she looked beautiful. She'd chosen a deep purple for her bridesmaid dresses and Naomi's maid of honor dress, each dressed was similar to hers except tea length and made to fit whatever body type you were. Naomi's was straight with part of her back exposed. Dhani's sister, Sheila who was a full figured girl chose an A-line with her back covered, Naomi thought it was a smart and thoughtful move by Freddie to let the women chose dresses that would complement their figure.

Naomi had cried for most of the ceremony, so had Dhani for that matter. It was beautiful, they'd written their own vows and they were so wonderfully sincere and beautiful it could only do one thing...bring tears to your eyes.

The ceremony was held at Dhani's church, Bethel AME and the reception was held at the Blackberry Farm Hotel in Walland, where Naomi, Zoe, Martha and Queen Evie and some other guests were staying while in town.

The reception was grand and beautiful. The room was decorated in beautiful ivory and purple, with beautiful flowers of the Bocaran Island decorating the room. It was lit by the glow of candlelight as the reception was taking place in the evening. Dhani and Freddie had decided to get a DJ and he was playing a variety of music, some pop, jazz, hip and hop and the old standards. Freddie and Dhani had chosen "Always and Forever" by Luther Vandross as their first dance and Freddie had chosen "Unforgettable" the duet between Natalie and Nat King Cole to dance with her father, while Dhani had danced to Stevie Wonder's "My Cherie Amore" with his mother as their dance together. Dhani's family had been wonderful hosts they'd welcomed Freddie into the family with open arms. Dhani's parents were so cute together. You could tell they loved each other and their family very much. Dhani had an older sister, Sheila and twin younger brothers, Kadeem and Jamal who were as accomplished as he was each with families of their own. Dhani's son had acted as the ring bearer and his ex-wife and her new husband also attended the wedding, it was a full family affair and the feelings of love could be felt throughout the room.

But along with the feelings of love, were also feelings of some serious lust going on between Douglas and Naomi. Doug had decided to forego bringing Simone as a date. He had put an end to that potential relationship before it had started to get too serious. He also wanted the opportunity to try his luck at getting closer to Naomi this evening.

Naomi sat alone at her table, her mother had retired to their room because she was feeling tired. Zoe was cutting it up on the dance floor with Al who was one of the groomsmen. She'd noticed earlier that those two were getting a lot closer.

She noticed that Douglas had come without Simone, which she was grateful for, she should have been ashamed but she hadn't been too fond of that woman since she'd met her. She thought he looked wonderful in his black Hugo Boss suit with the beautiful silk purple necktie. She found herself unable to stop staring at him longingly. Yes, it was inappropriate for a princess to stare with such open lust at a man even her own husband but she couldn't help it, he looked like he'd just stepped out the pages of a GQ magazine. He'd slicked his hair back off his face and those eyes had been that beautiful grey all day, that suit fit him perfectly and she thought to herself, 'he does make that suit look good and looks even better walking towards me. Oh my god, he's coming towards me'. Naomi tried to look as if she was preoccupied with her piece of wedding cake and glass of champagne.

Douglas stood next to Naomi's chair staring down at her, he noticed that as he walked towards her she seem to realize it and suddenly became completely fascinated by that piece of lemon wedding cake on her plate. He chuckled to himself, okay if she wanted to play coy, he'd play.

"Naomi," he said to her as he touched her shoulder, she turned her head towards him, "may I have this dance?" he asked and he held out his hand for hers.

"Certainly," she said as she rose from her chair and took his hands.

Just as they'd been before, his hands were supple and firm. He took her into his arms and held her tightly to him. The DJ had just started to play "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett. Douglas held her close as they swayed. He decided to be a little daring and settle his hands in the middle of her back and just above her buttocks as he caressed her gently.

Naomi felt as if she was melting in his arms, her whole body was hot and he felt so good, so solid in her arms. He smelled so good, a wonderful combination of citrus and musk like a man. She closed her eyes and just inhaled him deeply. She never wanted this dance to end, she loved him so much. Naomi separated their bodies as the music changed to something a little livelier. She smiled up at him, "thank you so much for the dance. It was fabulous."

"I like to think of myself as the modern Fred Astaire," he said as he did a little twirl to show his dance skills.

Naomi laughed, she always enjoyed that he didn't take himself too seriously. "You're a nut, Douglas."

"I know but that's why you love me."

Naomi looked at him with her eyes wide, did he just say 'that's why you love me'. She guessed she wasn't doing such a good job at hiding it.

"Douglas, I think we need to talk."

He looked at her and shook his head, "you bet your beautiful ass we do, how about in my room?"

Naomi agreed as he took her hand and led them up to his suite in the hotel. As Freddie danced with her new gorgeous husband she noticed Doug and Naomi hand in hand leaving the ballroom, she jabbed Dhani in the stomach, "honey look over there."

Dhani turned and watched as his best friend and the love of his life left the room holding hands. He turned to Freddie, "well looks like we may be attending another wedding soon," he said and smiled as he kissed Mrs. Jefferson deeply.

As they walked into Doug's room he commented, "Wow! We seem to spend a lot of time in hotel rooms. It would be nice to have you in my house for once."

Naomi laughed at the words but she noted what he was saying about having her in his home, she wanted to have him in hers too. She wanted to have him in their home.

"Why don't you have a seat, Naomi? You thirsty?" he asked as he removed his coat. His tie had already been removed and the top buttons of his dress shirt were undone.

"No, not really," she told him as she sat down on the couch in the sitting area.

He shrugged his shoulders, "not a problem, I think I'm done drinking for the night. Maybe I'll make myself a nice glass of water in a second. I guess we better talk."

She smile at him, "yea, I think we should before we go any further. I think we may have rushed things the last time we met in private."

"Yea, I guess we did," he smirked at her.

Naomi had almost forgotten how cute he was when he had that little smart aleck smirk on his face. She wanted to do something very unprincess-like and jump his bones but they needed to have a conversation before anything went further, as lovers or as friends.

"Douglas, I wanted to apologize..." she started to say.

He put his hand up to signal for her to stop, "You don't need to apologize again. I've already forgiven you a million times over. Naomi, I was wrong for what I did to you. I was just so hurt, after what happened with my ex-fiancé I couldn't fathom trying to go through that pain again. So instead of acting like an adult, I reverted back to my 5 year old self," Doug started to snicker.

Naomi scooted closer to him on the couch and took his hands in hers, "It's okay, you definitely do not have to apologize. You reacted as you should have. I was deceitful and selfish and I deserved it. You must understand Douglas, the only thing I've been my whole life is a princess. Now, I must say I wasn't spoiled but I was extremely privileged and plans were made for my life from the day I was birthed into this world," Naomi could feel tears coming to her eyes thinking of the regret, "but I never meant to hurt you. I thought I would just have a little vacation fling and it would be over with and I could go back to being a princess. Think of how surprised I was when instead of having a fling, I fall in love with this wonderful and special man."

Douglas looked at her intently. He saw the tears falling down her cheeks and reached up to wipe them away.

"Douglas, you're just the greatest thing that ever happened to me and before I could express that everything turned bad. I love you, so much and I want to spend..."

Before she could get another word out, Douglas had captured her mouth in a soul searing kiss. His kiss took possession of her and Naomi abandoned herself to it.

He broke the kiss but missed her succulent lips as soon as he did, "I love you, too Naomi. All this time I've only loved you. I didn't know what I was going to do with the rest of my life if you weren't in it. I have no idea how we're going to do this, how I'm going to love and date a princess but dammit I'll do whatever I have to be with you. Climb the highest mountain, traverse the deepest valley. You're mine now baby and I ain't ever letting you get away."

Naomi lips spread into the biggest smile she'd ever had, he was going to climb the highest mountain to be with her. It didn't matter what happened, they'd work through it. She knew her father wouldn't be pleased but she wasn't going to let that stop her, she wasn't going to mess this up no matter who tried to stand in their way. Naomi stood up in front of him as he sat on the couch watching her, it had been a long time since she'd felt him in an intimate way and she couldn't wait another moment. She dropped her dress into a puddle at her feet and stood before him in only a lace purple thong.

Douglas knew he'd just died and gone to heaven and he didn't plan on leaving anytime soon. She stood there for a moment, nervous about the way he was looking at her. Naomi glanced down at herself to make sure everything was in place and looking good. Her head popped back up to look at Douglas with questioning eyes.

"Naomi, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He pulled her onto his lap and started to run his hands down her back to her thighs. Her body was so soft and smooth, that beautiful chocolate skin he loved so much to touch tasted just as sweet as ever, "ooohhhh Naomi, my god you are the sexiest thing I've ever had the pleasure of indulging in. Sweetheart I love you more than words could ever say but I'm about to show you how much I love you."

Naomi spoke into Douglas' ear, "I love you so deeply darling, so deeply. Please show me how much you love me and I'll do the same for you."

Douglas moaned low in his throat, his dick was hard as stone and he wanted so badly to be joined with Naomi in the tango of passionate lovemaking but he'd wait. He wanted her fully sated before he took her to new heights in their experience. He rose from the couch with her securely nestled in his arms, Naomi had wrapped her legs around his torso and her arms were snug around his neck. She kissed him deep and hard, their tongues locked in an intimate battle to pleasure each other. Douglas cupped her ass firmly and squeezed, he thought about how much he'd missed that soft gorgeous body especially that wonderful rotund behind her ass was pure perfection, his favorite part of her besides that beautiful face.

liljean
liljean
256 Followers
12