A Daemon-Horn Blade Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't be a fool!" Boyle said, laughingly hitting Rowan with a rolled up shirt he was using for a pillow. "We already have a professional Foole, and you'd be a very poor substitute indeed! With your jokes, no one would ever pay us some much as a clipped farthing! Go to sleep and dream of pretty and very willing young ladies! It's not your fault they mostly all prefer bedding me rather than you! Think of it as your luck beginning to change - and thank the Goddess Aðbaernesa for it!" Traditionally, it was thought that the Goddess of Decay, Death and Rebirth also ruled the luck of men, but this duty was more folk-fable than religious creed.

Rowan closed his eyes and rested for a moment but sleep still eluded him.

"Boyle, why is it that you never had a true sweetheart back in Swanford. I can think of at least three young women who would have taken you for keeps if you have but crooked a little finger at them."

"And I can think of about another dozen girls as well who enjoyed at least one more ride on my magic pony and who would have liked to have regularly enjoyed having me, and many further repeat experiences, all to themselves. One or two of them might have even made fine consorts... but I already think I know whom I shall eventually marry, more or less, and if you promise not to laugh, I shall tell you!"

Rowan promised, but he was certain that the revelation would be amusing.

"In fact, I'm not actually at all entirely certain who I am fated to wed, but my mother took me with 'er once when I was a child when she visited the tent of a traveling Moon-Woman, who was said to be skilled at prophecy. My mother wished to know what man she would take as 'er third consort. She had broken her first consorting, and 'er second, with my father, had recently ended with his illness and death. The Moon-Woman swore that my mother would never again consort, and indeed she did n'a up to the time of her own illness and passing, a few years later. She did however look me over with 'er white-clouded eyes and announced that I, 'er only son, would enjoy a most happy match with the very girl of my dreams, who would be a favorite playmate of childhood!"

"So, who them was your very favorite playmate of childhood, other than me? For I shall not ever offer to consort you!" Rowan laughed.

"Nor would I accept, for I can do much better than the likes of ye!" Boyle giggled. "One likely choice would be a girl that lived next door to me named Ramona, now undoubtedly a fine young woman. Her family moved from Swanford when I was nine, just about the time that you came to the smithy and the village. So I suppose then I am fated to scour the earth now looking for her, to find her and perhaps rescue her, so that she will then rush into my arms forever. That would indeed be a fine thing!"

"Indeed, might it become so! A very happy reunion it would be indeed."

Rowan closed his eyes again and was asleep in moments. It was also the first night since the Daemon attack that he had slept without having the exact same dream; of the Daemon's horn -- now a Daemon-Horn blade, that burst into flames to smite the wicked and the godly alike, and of Cedany's pale dead face staring into his, admonishing him to hold to his oath to her.

This night there were no dreams at all, and in the morning Rowan awoke refreshed and with a smile on his face that greeted the new day. Just maybe things were going to turn out alright after all!