A Day in the Life Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Elise, it's always a pleasure to see you." Jack saw her annoyed expression before she composed herself. She obviously didn't like Alex.

"I wish I could say the same, Mr. Montgomery," she replied. Alex gave her a wounded smile and clasped both hands over his heart.

"Ouch," I think you broke my heart." She arched an eyebrow.

"How is that possible...when you don't have one?" Alex turned his dramatic gaze towards Jack.

"Double ouch. You better have tough skin to be around this little girl." Jack winced when he heard teeth grinding. Elise really didn't care for Alex. She didn't turn as she spoke softly, "Excuse me." With those words she walked away. As she rounded the corner, Jack turned towards Alex.

"What the hell was all that about?" Alex gave him a quick smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Nothing. She just doesn't like me." Jack's eyes narrowed. The wall came up between them so fast that Jack stop for fear he would hit it. There was something more, much more going on between Elise and Alex. Jack wouldn't pursue it though. Again, he didn't want to push Alex. He could only hope that in time...in time, Alex would learn to trust him and open up. But not now. If Alex's rigid, distant stance was anything to judge by, not for a while.

Jack blinked and looked at her. Then he blinked again, thinking he was hallucinating. She had answered the door in a robe. Not a long, terry cloth robe but a short, slinky robe. A robe women usually wore over lingerie. He cleared his throat and forced his eyes to look at her face. The look of disappointment he saw there was quickly masked by delight.

"Jack!" She exclaimed. She opened the door wider and beckoned him in. He followed her swaying hips into what had to be the living room. She indicated the plush brown sofa but Jack shook his head.

"I'm just here for the files," he said. She frowned in puzzlement.

"Alex isn't coming for them?"

"Nope, he was busy. He sent me instead." Her lips turned down glumly.

"I should have known Alex would send someone to do his dirty work," she muttered. She heaved a sigh, her shoulders hunching a little.

"Well," she said, "you might as well sit and we can catch up. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you last week." Jack sank into the plush couch and leaned back.

As she walked into the kitchen Jack gave a derisive snort. So that was how the wind blew. He had an inkling that there was something much more to the love lost between Elise and Alex. Her actions now, her disappointment, her poutiness, only proved his theory. He should have known. Her anger at their first meeting wasn't because she hated Alex. It was because she wanted him. And because Alex didn't want her. Now Jack knew why his friend always referred to her as a "little girl". Alex was deliberately using the put down to keep her at arms length. Alex always treated Elise as if she was a child or with cold politeness. Slowly things began to click into place as he reviewed the events of the past.

Jack felt a small ball of unease filter through his veins. What a fool he was. After their initial meeting at the picnic, he and Elise spoke almost everyday for the past three weeks. They dined out, went to the movies, and talked. For Jack, that meant something and to find out she was lusting after his best friend the whole time... Jack growled. A hot swirl of anger hit his gut. There was nothing he hated more than pretense. She had been trying to get to Alex through him. That bitch.

"Here you go." She set a can of soda in front of him. Jack clamped his mouth shut. If he opened it, they would both regret whatever came out. If he knew one thing, it was that when his temper ran high a lot of mean shit came out of his mouth. She didn't catch on to his mood as she sat down across from him and popped the tab on her soda. She sipped gently then set down her can. She delicately crossed her legs and clasped both her hands on her knees.

"So, what's been going on?" She queried. Jack shook his head and popped open his soda. Drinking would be an excuse not to talk.

"Nothing, huh? Nothing's been going on over here either. Daddy's away right now, New York. Again," she sighed. "Sometimes I wished he wasn't away so much." A slight twinge of pity swept over him, but only for a moment. His face went back to being stone. He shouldn't feel sad because her daddy, who turned out to be the Shimmel in Leland, Scott and Shimmel, was never around for her. Jack let out a disgusted breath. If she had a mother, he wouldn't have felt so bad but her mother died when she was six. She had been without emotional support for a long time. He wasn't that much of a bastard to hit her when she was down.

"Hey, none of that now. What happened to your secret of happiness?" Her face turned up and a bright smile replaced her frown. He wondered if that smile was because she was thinking about Alex and another bout of anger seeped into him.

"Thanks, Jack. You always know what to say. I'm so glad you're my friend." Jack winced. Her friend? Was that all he'd been these past few weeks? He reflected on the previous month and realized that his anger was completely unfounded. She had never once mentioned anything other than friendship. Their relationship never once slipped past the lines of decency. He hadn't even kissed her yet! He quickly picked up his drink and took a sip before he could hit himself. Idiot! He silently berated himself as she spoke. He listened to her and made the appropriate comments but a part of him began to distance itself from her. She was another of Alex's hotties. Jack frowned at the label. It didn't suit her at all but that was what she was, or wanted to be. Jack couldn't see why Alex hadn't screwed her yet. She was smart with a body to boot. She wasn't as exotic with her coloring or as beautiful as most of the girls Alex went for, but she was still top grade. Why was Alex holding back?

Jack eyed her exposed legs. They were shapely and tan. That couldn't be the reason. His eyes moved up to her thighs and he felt his penis begin to stir. She had beautiful thighs and Jack didn't doubt for one minute that what was between them would be just as beautiful. He imagined parting those thighs and burying his face into her crotch. Jack shifted slightly.

"Jack?" He looked up. Elise was frowning at him. "You haven't been listening to me at all, have you?"

"I was," Jack stated defensively. She arched an eyebrow. "I was." She didn't comment but picked up her soda. Jack did the same. That proved to be a bad idea as she uncrossed her legs and Jack caught a glimpse of her bare pussy. His soda spewed across the small table and landed on her chest. She looked down in amazement, her mouth hanging open. Mortified Jack set his soda down and grabbed a napkin off the table. He went around to her side and began dabbing furiously at the wet spots on her robe.

"God, Elise, I'm sorry. I don't know what the hell came over me," Jack apologized as he continued wiping. Her shoulders began to shake and Jack looked down in fear. Was she crying? Her shoulders shook again and Jack gently placed a hand there.

"Elise?" He whispered softly. Her head tilted back and she let out a laugh.

"It's not funny. I wouldn't find it funny if you spit your soda all over my chest."

"Oh, goodness, Jack," she chuckled as she wiped a tear from her eye. "You're right, that's not very funny but your face. You should have seen your face. That was," she cut off and shook her head, searching for a word.

"Priceless," she said at last.

"Yeah, I'll bet," Jack muttered as he sat back on his hunches. His back was to the coffee table and he realized he was staring directly into her open lap. There was enough cloth covering her crotch to keep her decent, but just barely. If she moved, he would get another peek at her pussy. This time, there was no soda to worry about. He heard her breath hitch and only then did he realize he had been absently running his hands up and down her legs. His hands froze at the top of her thighs, his thumbs not more than an inch away from her pussy. He slowly passed a thumb down the length of her covered slit and was pleasantly surprised when the silk of the robe clung to the dampness there.

"You're wet." She whimpered at his soft statement and tried to scoot back but the softness of the couch gave only so far. Jack's hands pushed her robe out of the way and he regarded her neatly trimmed pussy.

"Beautiful," he whispered an instant before he buried his face there and inhaled her scent. She gasped and pushed at his shoulders.

"Jack, don't," she said, her voice hoarse. He didn't listen to her but instead followed the wicked voice in his head. Eat her, it whispered. Without hesitation, his thumbs parted her lips and he slid his tongue up inside her pussy then to her clit. She let out a low moan and her hand fisted in his hair. He couldn't help but grin at her response. He lapped her a few times, enjoying the tangy taste of her juice as well as the saltiness of her skin. His tongue came out and he flicked her clit rapidly. Elise let out a strangled moan and bucked her hips. Jack pushed her legs further apart as he buried his tongue deep inside her wet cunt.

"Yes, yes," she panted. Jack felt her shudder and knew she was close. He pulled her hips to the edge of the couch and threw here legs over his shoulders. Not bothering with finesse, he tongue fucked her, eating her out with great enthusiasm. He rolled his tongue up and down, circling her clit only to dip into her pussy and taste her honeyed cream. He lapped at her like a cat, and when that wasn't enough, he dipped his fingers in to draw more of her sweetness out. By now she was mumbling incoherent words and whimpering every time he removed his tongue from her clit. She wanted to come, badly. Jack smiled as he slid a finger than two into her dripping pussy. What the lady wanted, she would get. He closed his mouth over her clit and sucked, hard. His ministrations had the desired effect, she exploded. Her body stiffened and she let out a small shout of praise as her pussy clamped around his fingers. Jack groaned in appreciation and withdrew his slick fingers so he could suck up all of her sweet juice. When he was sure he got every drop, he licked his fingers clean and gave her swollen pussy lips a soft kiss.

He sat back and his eyes traveled up her body. His gaze paused briefly at her quivering breasts and hard peaked nipples before they continued their climb to her face. Her eyes were glazed with pleasure, her lips slightly parted as she drew a few shallow breaths. Slowly her eyes focused on his and she gave him a weak smile.

"That was...unexpected," she murmured as she tucked her legs up under her. Jack got up and sat beside her. His arms circled her and he pulled her close.

"Unexpected good or unexpected bad?" He asked. She settled her head on his shoulder and relaxed into him.

"Good, very good," she answered. Before Jack could answer, his pocket started buzzing. He reached in and pulled out his cell phone.

"Where the hell are you?" Jack's eyebrows shot up.

"Well, hello to you too," Jack said. Alex made an exasperated sound.

"I need that file ASAP. Please tell me you have it."

"I have it," Jack replied as he eyed Elise. He waggled his brows at her and she stifled a giggle behind her hand.

"What the hell was that? Are you with someone?"

"Relax, Alex. I'll be there in 10 minutes. Bye." Jack didn't bother to hear a good-bye from Alex's end before he hung up.

"I take it you have to go?" Elise questioned. Jack nodded.

"I'll get the file." She left then returned with a thick brown file folder.

"How long before your dad returns?" She looked up startled.

"I...um," she began. Jack didn't want to hear it. She was still hot for Alex and he was just a substitute.

"Forget I asked," Jack bit out as he brushed past her. He was at the door when she laid a small hand on his arm. He stopped but didn't turn around.

"He'll be back Friday," she said. He turned his head to look at her.

"Am I invited, or are you just being polite?" Her tongue darted out to moisten her lower lip.

"You're invited," she whispered as she looked him in the eye. He saw the honesty there and nodded.

"I'll call," was all he said before he opened the door and left.

"You have to leave." Alex looked up with a startled expression on his face. Jack would have laughed but he didn't have the time. He shut the door and set the groceries on the breakfast table before heading for the bathroom. He turned on the water and started his shower in between unbuttoning his shirt and unzipping his slacks. He stripped out of his cloths, neatly tossing them into the hamper then jumped into the shower. He had maybe about half and hour before Elise arrived. He was cutting it real close but the samples that NTech sent down earlier that day had to be finished today. He stuck his shampooed head under the spray of water and cursed big corporations that needed everything done in a day. He busted his ass this week and was looking forward to next week and a big fat overtime check.

Jack hurried through the rest of his toiletries and rushed into the bedroom. What to wear, what to wear? He quickly pulled out his three favorite shirts from the closet and held them up to his still damp chest.

"I like the Kenneth Cole." With a curse, Jack whirled around.

"Jeez, Alex. You almost gave me a heart attack," he gasped. Alex merely shrugged and eyed the shirts with a closed expression.

"Hot date?" Jack lowered his eyes and felt the sliver of unease that seeped though him. He felt sort of guilty but he didn't know why.

"Something like that," he murmured as he pulled the white shirt on. He went to his dresser and pulled out boxers and socks. He turned around in time to see Alex setting a pair of charcoal grey slacks on the bed.

"Why are you still here?"

Alex sat down on the bed and watched as his friend dressed. What could he possibly say that didn't sound stupid? He had rehearsed this conversation a thousand times in his head but now every word seemed silly. He swallowed hard. Maybe he shouldn't say anything at all. He looked up and met Jack's puzzled gaze in the mirror. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. He clamped his mouth shut and got off the bed. There was nothing to say. He quickly walked from the room.

Jack turned around and watched his friends retreating back. He felt an odd sense of déjà vu. He'd been here before, watching as Alex ran from him and his problems. There was something Alex needed to get off his chest but fear or habit kept him from speaking. One of these days, Jack thought. He finished combing his hair and walked into the living room as Alex walked from the kitchen where he just finished rinsing his cup. He gave Jack a small nod of acknowledgement and started for the door. He paused there, one hand on the knob.

"Jack..." Whatever Alex was about to say was interrupted by three sharp knocks. Jack winced. Elise and she was early. He knew that there was no stopping the drama that was soon to unfold. Alex yanked open the door and Jack saw him visibly stiffen. He tried to hide his smile but failed. No matter how badly Alex treated Elise, Jack knew that Alex felt some affection for the elfin faced girl.

"Miss Shimmel." Elise stared at him with surprise for a moment then set her face.

"Mr. Montgomery," she replied frostily. He stepped aside but just enough that she had to brush against him as she entered.

"Elise," Jack greeted her. She gave him a bright smile.

"Hey Jack." They embraced briefly.

"Can I take your coat, Miss Shimmel?" Elise's hands came up and gripped the lapels of her short trench.

"Um, No, I'm fine," she said, her face reddening. Jack glared at his friend.

"Weren't you leaving, Alex?" Alex shrugged.

"It wasn't a pressing engagement," he said evenly.

"Well, mine is," Jack said just as evenly. Alex quirked a brow.

"You forget, I work with her father," Alex said with eyes narrowed.

"You forget that I don't give a damn," Jack growled softly. Elise stood up then and crossed her arms.

"Enough," she said. "I've had enough." She turned to Alex.

"You forget that you are not my father. I am no longer a little girl and I will date whomever I please." She turned to Jack.

"And you forgot to kick Alex out on his ass before I came." Jack grinned at her, his hands held up in surrender.

"If you won't let me take your coat, at least let me get you a drink," Alex said as he moved towards the buffet table that doubled as a mini bar. Jack crossed his arms and leaned against the back of the sofa. What the hell was Alex trying to pull? He knew he should leave but he was lingering and there was a purpose. Jack took in Elise's hungry expression as she tracked Alex's movements and inwardly cursed. So much for his evening.

Jack brushed past Alex as he entered the kitchen. He pulled the groceries from the back and began a simple pasta dinner with Italian sausage and primavera sauce. If he knew one thing, it was how to cook. Elise came in briefly to toss the salad and get a bottle of wine but she mostly stayed in the living room. He could hear them being overtly polite to each other. Sometimes they made sly comments in sugary voices which they passed off as jokes but Jack knew better. He set out the finished meal and leaned against the wall which separated the living room from the kitchen. Alex and Elise continued to snipe at each other, completely unaware of his presence. When Elise turned to watch TV Jack noticed Alex staring at her. Staring at her like she was his last meal. Jack smiled at that and wandered back into the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready," He called in a loud voice. He took in their tense faces and grim expressions and inwardly sighed. Why wouldn't they give up this farce and tell each other how they really felt? No matter. He would take the initiative to get them to loosen up. Jack sat down and smiled when Elise chose to sit next to him. Alex shot him a glare and Jack merely grinned at him. What had he expected when he was acting like such a dick? Once the food was distributed, both Alex and Elise began to eat mechanically. Jack's gaze bounced between the two of them. Their eyes were on the table, the food, the glass, the silverware, any where but on each other. With his right hand, Jack picked up his wineglass and gently laid his left hand on Elise's thigh, just below her trench. She choked back a bit of sausage and her eyes sought out his. He didn't bother looking at her but instead addressed Alex.

"So, how's the Coleman portfolio going?" Alex looked up and around chewing murmured, "It's coming along." Jack nodded and slowly ran his hand up Elise's thigh. He almost choked on the wine when he realized that she was naked underneath her short trench coat. He hastily swallowed and gingerly set his wineglass down; forcing a nonchalance he didn't feel. Elise tensed but didn't comment. Jack let his hand slide from the top of her thigh to the inside. He felt her thigh tighten under his questing hand but she still didn't say a word.

"Speaking of coming along," Jack murmured. His hand slid to cover Elise's warm sex and he bit back a smile when his fingers met nothing but wetness. Her wide eyes met his hooded ones and Jack gave her a wicked grin. It didn't matter anymore that she might be wet for Alex and not for him. All Jack cared about now was that he would reap some benefits.

"Speaking of which...?" Alex's stern question snapped Jack out of his revelry. He took another sip of his wine before answering.

"I also have something that's coming along," Jack replied with a saccharine grin. His fingers slid around her dripping pussy and he tried to catch her eyes but she had them squeezed shut. Her usually pale face was flushed with color and by the way she was biting her lip, Jack could tell she was trying hard not to moan. Alex took note of her expression too and his face clouded with concern.