A Day in the Life of Me

Story Info
An encounter with an ex at work.
949 words
3.07
9k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers

I don't know why he even crossed my mind. It had been over three months since we had called it quits yet when she woke this morning that jerk was in my head. What the heck she thought to herself.

All of a sudden, I looked at the clock and realized that I had a half hour before she had to be at work and I was not even washed and dressed. "Oh shit," I said and raced into the bathroom. I quickly showered and raced back into my bedroom. Quickly throwing on some clothes, I raced for the door.

Thank God I only live five minutes from work otherwise I would seriously be late I thought to myself as I pulled into the parking lot. Locking the car door I ran inside. After clocking in, I went to find my manager.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Take the boat over there and refill the seltzer."

"Okay." I slowly pushed the boat out to the aisle. It was always a surprise to my customers when they saw the size of the person pushing the heavy boat. I love the look on their faces when they see me behind the boat. Never underestimate me. Just because I am small does not mean that I can't do something. I reach the aisle and position the boat about halfway down it. This way it is easier for me to put stuff on either end of the aisle.

After spending about twenty minutes filling up the seltzer, I begin to push the boat back into the backroom.

"Watch where you are pushing that thing you almost knocked my whole boat over," someone yelled.

I came out from behind my boat to see who I had almost hit and came face to face with my worst nightmare. Standing in front of me was the ex-boyfriend that had somehow crept into my subconscious. "Why the heck did he had have to show up today?" I asked myself. This could get any more uncomfortable. Maybe if I get back behind my boat and keep going he won't even say another word to me. I turned around and started to back my boat.

"Hey, don't you think you should apologize."

I turned around fast and marched towards him. "What should I apologize for? I didn't actually hit you."

"That is no thanks to you. You are so lucky that I can stop this thing on a dime." He glared at me.

"I'm sorry that you had to stop it so quickly but you don't have be so snippy about it."

"I was not being snippy. I was just calling it as I saw it. You always were the sensitive one."

" I don't want to argue with you especially while I am at work. I have get things done." I got back behind my boat and began pushing it back into the backroom. When I got back there, I almost ran into my manager. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," he said.

"I feel a bit distracted today."

"No problem. You didn't actually hit me. You can finish up the boat of paper products." He then exited the backroom.

After he left, I sat down on the cement steps and held my head in my hands. Get a hold of yourself. He is only a guy. It is not as if he should have any control over you. I found the boat and headed back out onto the floor.

The rest of my shift was rather uneventful. After I clocked out, I checked my cell phone to see if there were any messages. There were two.

" Hey honey, it's mom. Can you please pick up a container of milk?"

The second one almost made my heart stop. It was from him. "I know I was rude but I had to call and tell you it was great to see you today. If you want to talk or hang out give me a call."

"Yeah, I'll hurry up and call you," I said sarcastically as I deleted the message. I grabbed the milk and headed home.

When I got home, my mom asked, "How was work?"

"Work was work. It was a little annoying though."

"How so?"

"I ran into that jackass I broke up with a few months ago. Let's just say that he reminded me why we broke up. I wanted to shove my boat up his ass. Then he had the nerve to call my phone and tell me that if I wanted to hang out I should call him. Arghhh! I just wanted to scream really loud."

"It's okay just put that idiot out of your head. He is not worth the aggravation you are giving yourself."

"I know I just thought after that day I would not see his face ever again and there he was today and it brought back all the anger and hurt that I was sure I had buried. Well I guess I didn't bury it quite deep enough."

"It definitely isn't easy to get over someone when they work at the same place you do. I warned you of that didn't I?"

"Yes, you did. In this case mother did know best."

My mom came over to me and held me in her arms. " I desperately wished that I was wrong." They sat down and ate dinner. "I know that this is difficult but you know that you two breaking up was the best thing for everyone involved."

"Yeah I know. We were poison to each other." After dinner, we watched television. At ten thirty, I decided to head off to bed.

elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers