A Day's Wait

Story Info
Never Make Sucker Bets.
8.9k words
4.48
182.3k
156
85
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dtiverson
dtiverson
3,964 Followers

I DO take requests. And a couple of weeks ago a reader sent me a complete plot. I worked on his story while I was finishing the much longer piece that I just posted (in Romance). And I am fully aware that this is a LW cliché so please don't waste your time pointing that out to me. It was actually an interesting writing challenge to make the story a little bit novel. I incorporated the reader's plot right up to the turning point. But I took it elsewhere from there based on personal inclinations. Nonetheless, this is mostly his idea. So thanks Mcp6842 and I hope you enjoy it. Another Hemingway title which approximates the theme.

*****

A Day's Wait

It's a fact... Guy society stratifies somewhere in the fourth grade. And nothing changes for the next seventy years. You can see it at any social gathering. There are jocks, lady's men, nerds and the nameless, faceless herd all milling around in little clumps. But, you never see the guys from one group mixing with the other.

Sure - some of the jocks are lady's men. And some of the nerds are faceless. But in general they all hang in the stratum they occupied when they were nine years old.

I was never a lady's man. But I WAS a jock; so-to-speak. I was a swimmer in college, which most of the jocks don't consider a sport. But my varsity letter looked just like everybody else's and so I normally ended up with the jock group when class reunions rolled around.

The only thing that I hate more than mixing with a bunch of people who I don't know, reminiscing about things that I don't care about, is having my nuts roasted over a slow fire. But I was standing there nonetheless. It was because my wife Janet demanded my presence.

I believe her exact words were, "Come to the reunion or no pussy for you, buckaroo." And since my wife is still one smoking hot lady, I wasn't going to leave her unattended while her former classmates leered at her cheerleader body.

That was why I was standing next to Mike Harper at my fifteenth year class reunion. Mike was a very average football player. But he was a lady's man par-excellence. I was neither. But since I was standing next to him in the university's official Varsity Club tent he just assumed I must be worth talking to. And he was definitely leering at Janet.

He turned to me, one manly-man to another, and said, "Will you check out that chick over there?"

Seriously!! He's 36-years-old and he just called a mother of two a CHICK???!!

I looked idly in Janet's direction. She was standing with her back to us. Her long beautiful legs with their overdeveloped calf muscles and her stunning round butt were topped by a relatively modest little black dress. Her thick, beautiful auburn hair hung down her back in gorgeous waves to just above her tight, womanly hips.

She is still a dancer. And she was a gymnast and cheerleader in college. And to say that she retains a hard little body is an understatement. But it was her intelligence, her humanity, her cheerful outlook on life and her fundamentally rock solid sense of values that I fell in love with.

Why she fell in love with ME is a puzzle. But the gods work in mysterious ways. And I had no desire to look a proverbial gift horse in the mouth. So I just went with my good fortune and married her. And between Janet and our ten-year-old boy and eight-year-old girl I am a very happy man.

Harper's voice brought my reminiscing back to the present day. He was saying, "I remember her from my playing days. She was the hottest cheerleader on the sideline. I used to watch her when I wasn't on the field. I heard from some of the other guys that she was the world's wildest fuck. But I never had the pleasure."

That was a little disturbing. I had to take what he was saying at face value. Because I didn't know Janet in college. We went to the same school but it was a big place and we never crossed paths. Swim meets don't have cheerleaders. In fact, we were happy if 100 people showed up. I met her in grad school. Both of us are MBAs.

If she was a great fuck back then, it wasn't on my watch. So all Harper's comments did was set off a wave of nostalgia for those wild frat parties back in the day. I was not exactly celibate myself. A lot of women like a sleek swimmer's body instead of the musclebound football player types. And so I had my fill of hot women.

Nevertheless, I COULD personally attest that the title "World's Wildest Fuck" still applied to my wife - even after twelve years of marriage. In fact, she spent several hours lovingly proving that to me last night. I forgot how uninhibited - and loud - she can get when our kids aren't around.

Harper said conspiratorially, "Do you know anything about her? Is she married? What's her story?"

I said just as conspiratorially, "She's married for sure dude. Don't you see the size of the rock on her finger. And she seems like a really classy chick."

If he could revert back to adolescence, then so could I.

I added, "A woman like her probably has kids and she would never fuck around on her family." I said that with conviction because I knew it and believed it. He gave me a condescending laugh and said, "Want to bet? Those are the ones who are the easiest."

That seriously pissed me off. I said with some heat, "Why in the world would I bet on the fidelity of some poor woman - with a person I don't even know." He grabbed my hand, pumped it, and said, "Mike Harper, pleased to meet you. Now how much do you want to bet?"

What is it with these simple minded assholes? Life is just a game with them. Every guy in the treehouse is a friend. And every woman is a conquest?

I should have told him right away that I was Janet's husband. Anything other than that was morally reprehensible.

But Janet was the one who had inflicted this douchebag on me. I hate reunions and she had dragged me there screaming-and-kicking. So now I just went with the flow. I know. I'm probably laid back to a fault.

If I thought this dickhead had the slightest chance of making headway with Janet, I would have just walked away. I loved my wife far too much to use her as a betting chip. But this guy's attitude toward her was so disrespectfully arrogant that I acted out in anger.

And I do really stupid things when I get mad.

I said with loathing in my voice, "You could hit on that woman for the next month and you would STILL never find out whether she was the world's wildest fuck. I can recognize the faithful ones. And I'll bet you that she reserves all of her passion for her lucky husband!!"

Dickbreath could tell that I was getting pissed so he decided to wind me up some more. He said, "Afraid to put your money where your mouth is? And why do you give a shit about somebody else's wife?"

I said, "Because if I make a bet with you I am encouraging you to do something that I think is despicable."

He laughed uproariously and said, "I take what I want wimp. It's the way of all of us alpha-males. If you're not enough of a man to make a man's bet, I'll just keep you informed. But one way or the other, I am going to get into that sweet little pussy between now and next month."

That was the point where I was sure that he was going to try, no matter what I said. And I wanted to stay on top of the situation. So I chuckled and said, "What's your email address pal? I'll ping you. And you can brag about it. That is, if YOU are man enough. But if you want me to believe you I want the play-by-play." He said sneeringly, "I'll enjoy giving it to you."

I said, "Remember, one month and then you're a loser." He said with his voice dripping contempt, "It won't take me five days." Then he handed me a business card and walked away chuckling.

Hmmm - Real Estate... How appropriate...

That evening I pinged him from a Gmail account. I had just set it up under the name "hotcarguy69." I figured that would be close to what Dickhead would expect from another member of his boy's club. And it was as far from my actual identity as you could get.

In the meantime, Janet was really disappointed with the reunion. I was happy about that. She told me that the women who attended were either divorcees looking to line up their next husband. Or they were girls who had never grown past their sorority days.

I wanted to tell her that I had met a glorified frat-boy who would make all of her friends look downright mature by comparison. In fact, I should have done that. But the whole challenge thing just seemed so juvenile that I didn't want to admit to getting suckered into it. It was embarrassing. And I had a feeling Janet would not be happy to discover who the target was - and how easily I had been duped.

She then proceeded to kill me with sex. I think the realization that we had grown past college had finally hit her. And it made her insatiable. It was like she was trying to get in touch with her new reality as a mom and high achieving professional - by fucking my brains out.

She does it on pure horsepower, not tricks. So that night she rode me vigorously, in every way a woman can ride a man, including sideways and she must have come seven or eight times. I wasn't complaining but I hoped that she would get in touch with her new persona and settle down before my circulatory system collapsed.

A couple of days passed and I forgot about my conversation with Dickhead. That was when my smartwatch told me that I had mail. Since the only thing my watch was synched to was that particular Gmail account I knew I had to surreptitiously look at it. But that would be after Janet went to bed.

"Studboy1980" was just checking in. "Found out where she worked. Don't know why a hot chick like her isn't home taking care of her kids and her husband like a woman ought to. Makes it easier for me tho."

Janet was an MBA senior economist at a local brokerage firm. This guy sold houses.

I sent back a terse, "Three and a half weeks left loser..."

The Friday afternoon of the first week studboy1980 sent, "Caught her at lunch. Always eats in the same place. She fell for the 'knew you in school' gambit. Going to be fucking her in a week."

By that, I assumed that Janet had let him approach her over lunch. So as soon as she got in the door I said, "How was your day?" I figured that running into an old school chum was unusual enough that she'd mention it to me. That is, if she was operating above suspicion.

Right off the bat she said, "The strangest thing happened. I was eating lunch with Lydia and Chantel and I ran into Mike Harper. You probably don't know him but he played football and he was friends with some of the guys I used to date in college."

I didn't mention what those guys had said about her wild sexual history. She continued happily, "We reminisced for a while. He seems like a very interesting guy."

That shot a thunderbolt of jealousy through me. But I said, "I know the guy you're talking about and he was an AKC pedigreed cockhound back then. You had better stay away from him. I don't think that leopard would EVER change his spots"

She laughed gaily and said, "Well he must have changed a lot in the succeeding fifteen years because he is a really nice guy now. Happily married with four children. And he loves his wife. He wanted to know all about my family and the kids and YOU of course."

I thought to myself, "Yeah!! Right!! The fucker's just laying the groundwork for your seduction." There was nothing in the ground rules that said I couldn't turn this into a teachable moment. So I said, "Look at me Janet." She turned a very guileless pair of eyes on me.

I said, "That is the standard approach that every predator uses. If he can get you to believe that he is only interested in your kids and your husband, then he is setting up the idea that he respects your marriage and you." I added, "That lets him creep closer without getting your defenses up."

Janet laughed merrily and said, "I don't need any stinkin' defenses. I love you and I love my children and I would never betray either of you. Besides, why would anybody want a 35-year-old mother of two."

I wished she was taking what I was saying more seriously. But on the other hand Janet is a very willful woman. She is gorgeous of course. She was not the college gymnast she used to be. But she still has a lithe, well-muscled body and having two kids had raised her frontage two cup sizes. So she looked like sex on a stick.

We met in Business School. She was an economics major and I was in information systems. Since those days she had rapidly progressed up the ladder at the brokerage where she works. And I am the Chief Information Officer at Landmark Systems. Together we lead a very productive and comfortable life. A life I might add that is centered on our two children.

That was why Harper's little game was particularly contemptible. His quest to prove who the top-dog was threatened the happiness of four innocent people. And if his wife wasn't the tolerant type, perhaps five more on top of that.

Once again, I was tempted to tell Janet about the challenge that Harper THOUGHT he'd thrown down. But, I was pretty sure that she would kill me and feed me to her cubs before I could get any justification for my double-crossing out of my mouth. And of course it was just so humiliating to admit. So I said nothing.

Janet and I had a long and loving episode that night. It was almost like she was trying to reassure me that her talking to Harper didn't affect us. And of course it didn't. That was because the stupid bastard was telling me everything that he was doing. So I would never let it get that far.

We took the kids to the zoo that weekend and on Sunday we visited the grandparents. Janet's mother and dad live in the area. And we eat over at their place every opportunity we get. Her parents dote on the two kids. And of course Harper's plans would also fuck up that relationship. So I added two more counts to his indictment.

He contacted me the following Tuesday. He said, "Got her alone this time. Spent the whole lunch hour catching up. Mentioned some of her wilder moments at Alpha Phu and she didn't deny it. The chick wants me. I can tell it." I shot back, "In your dreams. All talk and no action."

The following Thursday I got, "Picked her up and took her to lunch. She thinks I work in the building next door. Talking about sex with her now. Starting to loosen her up." I shot back, "Two weeks left loser."

She had mentioned none of that to me. This was getting serious. I really didn't see any reason why she should go out of her way to tell me about it. Since she is allowed to socialize with other people. But I didn't like the fact that Harper had actually worked his way up to one-on-one status with her. And I wanted to get to the bottom of the sex talk.

We were sitting in the living room while the kids did their homework upstairs. I said nonchalantly, "So what ever happened to that guy from college - his name was Mike Harper I believe?"

She said without an ounce of deceit in her voice, "Oh, he ran into me again when I was eating by myself. He works in the next building. He reminded me about some of the embarrassing things that I did at a few college parties. I was really immature back then. I wanted to make sure that he would never mention that stuff to you. So I pumped him to find out what he knew."

Okay, that was plausible and totally up-front. I said with a little misgiving in my voice, "Have you seen him since then?"

She actually blushed and said, "Yes, he just showed up at work today and told me that he was buying me lunch because he had something important to talk about. When we got there he told me that he had a serious problem with his marriage. Apparently his wife has no interest in sex. And he was asking for a woman's perspective."

I looked suspicious. So she quickly added, "I would have been a little wary too. But he is so deeply committed to his wife and his marriage. I tried to give him some pointers about what worked for me."

That shot a thunderbolt of anxiety through me. She had just handed him a roadmap of what turned her on. I said incredulous, "You talked about our sex life with a stranger?"

She laughed and said, "Oh God no!! I just did a general inventory of what women liked. He was very appreciative. He said that he was going to try what I suggested over the weekend."

That made me mad. I had gotten her into this situation. And there was no way I could come clean about it now. That is, without sounding as immature as the juvenile asshole I was conspiring with.

But I hated the fact that I was now going to have to trust Janet's internal gyroscope to keep both of us out of divorce court. So I lashed out. I said, "You are getting too close to this guy. You should never be discussing this kind of stuff with him."

She said calmly, "Do you talk about sex with Mary, or Phyllis?" Those were a couple of managers who were my direct reports. They just happened to both be women. Mary was forties and divorced. Phyllis was a hot little nerd girl of approximately thirty. They both had very active sex lives.

I said, "Of course I do. What happens to them outside affects their work. I try to give them good advice from a male perspective. There is nothing personal about it." Janet looked at me like I had just proven her point. I hate it when she's right.

I spluttered, "This is a different situation. You don't work with the guy and you have no reason to talk about that kind of stuff with him. I want you to stop going to lunch with him." I realized how hypocritical THAT sounded.

She looked pissed and said, "When did you regress back to the cave - giving me ultimatums like that?" She was right. But I was desperate. She didn't see Harper as the predator that he was. I mumbled. "You're beautiful. And I won't share you with any other man."

Her angry demeanor instantly melted. She said lovingly, "You're jealous. That's so touching. I have no interest in any other man. Especially Mike Harper. That's why I am so dismissive of all of this talk. It's an incredibly long way from my talking about his marriage and my hopping into bed with him." And she laughed lightheartedly.

It was another wonderful weekend. We went to the local beach and swam with the kids. Her body in a modest bikini was amazing. I couldn't stop staring at her round ass whenever she turned around. Finally, she said under her breath, "Stop gawking at my butt!! The kids are starting to notice!!"

The sex that night was long and satisfying. The dinner with her parents the next day was full of domestic joviality.

And Tuesday evening studboy1980 announced that he was closing in for the kill. Actually what he said was, "Took her out for a two-hour lunch. Told her that my marriage was falling apart and that I was devastated. Actually squeezed out a couple of tears. Fell for it hook-line-and-sinker. Even hugged me when we got back - wonderful tits. A couple more of these sessions and I'll be sliding it into her." I sent back, "In your dreams loser."

Okay, Janet was proceeding as if we had never talked. It was obvious that studboy1980 was playing on her nurturing, maternal side and that blinded her from what he was really up to. And she was just not taking the situation seriously enough. I had probably shot my last arrow when it came to direct confrontation. So I gritted my teeth and decided to ride it out. As she said it was a long way from a hug to jumping into bed with the fucker.

That attitude changed when Thursday's e-mail came in. I read, "Got her for the whole afternoon. Told her at lunch that I was thinking about killing myself. We sat out at Gallup Park while she talked me out of it. Held hands but she wouldn't let me kiss her. That comes when I take her out next week." Holy shit!! Did she agree to go out with the fucker? This ends here!!

dtiverson
dtiverson
3,964 Followers