A Day's Work

Story Info
Marc's mercenary regiment lands & a fire fight ensues.
4.9k words
4.25
15.1k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers

The night before, I woke up at 1 a.m. Sara was still sleeping by my side, getting up I found a notebook and continued to searched for a pen. Upon finding it, he wrote a note, folded it into a bird using origami and placed the paper crane next to the sleeping young woman. I started to get dress and putting on my shoes, walking back to the bedroom I smiled gazing at the sleeping Sara. Silently I made my way towards her and kissed her lips. With the same silence and panther like stealth, I exited her bedroom and out of the apartment. Waiting for the elevator I fondled my jacket's pocket finding my cell phone, flipping the phone open. I pushed voice activation and called out a number.

"Colonel good morning sir," answered my trusted second in command.

"Ken, how far away are you from the port?"

"We will arrive at five a.m. sir."

"Good, I wanted the Templar Combat Battalion to be on the ground by six a. m."

"Yes sir," Kenshiro replied, "we will be ready sir."

"See you on four hours Ken," I flip the phone closed as the elevator door opened, he walked in, his clenched fist pounded on the ground floor button and waited for the elevator door to close.

I got out of the ground floor and walked towards the front desk. An elderly Arab man eyed me and I smiled upon reaching his post.

"I need a taxi," I said to the man.

"Coming right up sir," the man picked up a phone and dialed a number.

The elderly receptionist hanged up the phone and looked at me.

"Your taxi will be here shortly mister," he informed me.

"Thank you," I set a 50 of their currency on the counter and walked outside to wait.

Minutes passed before the taxi arrived, I got in and directed the cab to my hotel where I rested and changed to my black fatigues. Walking out of the hotel suite, I got into my rental car and drove towards the port smiling as I know my fabled Templar Battalion has arrived.

Port of Bass'Ara

Elements of the Rim-Cat Regiment started to disembark from a smaller cargo ship, since the Super Cargo Ship that the regiment uses for transport is too huge to lie in port. There is no other alternative but to hire smaller cargo ships to bring the regiment to disembark. Kenshiro was barking orders on the mouth piece of his satellite communication system, dictating instructions on what task force to be loaded on which three smaller cargo ships that will bring them to port and disembark. Unfortunately, due to misunderstandings in the manifest papers, the first to be brought to the port are the administration battalion which is the Headquarters battalion. Fifty large GFF-4 cargo combat trucks, fifty full size Dingo-2 multi-purpose, four wheeled combat vehicles, fifty small size Dingo-2 multi-purpose combat vehicles, and a hundred Fennek combat cars were the first to touch the soils of Ar'Raq. The personnel of the admin battalion followed, the men piled in the vehicles as the drivers took both the vehicles and its occupants near the gate of the port, ready to be deployed to their designated Supply Depot and Headquarters area.

The men saw me driving my rental car and saluted, which I in turn returned crisply. Parking the car next to the main office of the port, I turned off the ignition, got out of the vehicle and walked towards the office entrance. Surely enough Kenshiro is there, he glanced towards my direction as he finished his instructions via satellite communications. This man is the one in charge of the Headquarters battalion, a great administrator and a wise tactician, he knew when to fight and when not to. He saluted and I returned his salute, wearing the same black fatigues with a black beret, body armor around his upper torso, a service pistol holstered on the right side of his pistol belt, a binocular slung around his neck, and a 30 round UMP 45 caliber universal machine pistol slung on a carry sling around his back.

"Colonel, I am sorry for this mishap," he explained, "But the reserve combat vehicles and their crew are on their way sir."

"How much time do you need to get everyone off the transport and ready to be deployed?"

"Two hours sir," he replied handing me a duffel bag.

I set the bag on a table and opened it. There my gears are stowed, taking out the clam like body armor, I put them on and clamp the adhesive strap on my side, next I strapped my pistol belt across my waist, I placed a 10 round magazine into my sidearm and holstered the HK-45 pistol. Smiling my hand clasp the handle of the MP-7 submachine gun, I retrieved one of the 40 round magazines and loaded it into the handle, cocking the weapon, my personal weapon is ready. The body armor have pouches for extra magazines and so I started to pack the loaded magazines into the pouches both of the pistol and submachine gun extra magazines found their new homes in the body armor's sawed in pouches. Then I grabbed the satellite communication device and placed them in the body armor's pouch designated for the device while I set the hand free device on my right ear, adjusting the mouth piece, and switching the communication device on. The last item in the bag is my multi-purpose vision enhancement system, a goggle one wears at night to see and read to see objects in the dark and behind walls. I left them in the bag, zipped it close, and walked out of the building. Reaching the rental car, I popped open the trunk and stowed the duffel bag in, closing the trunk I walked back in the office where I last left Ken.

"Colonel, I'll be in the observation deck," he pointed up as the upper floor of the office is a glassed area where one can see the three berthing areas where the hired smaller cargo ships are designated to unload the regiment.

Ken already started to climb up the stairs.

"I'll join you Major," I replied climbing up the stairs with him.

Upstairs in the observation deck I watched as the three hired small cargo ships were pulled into port and berthed in their designated areas, a ramp extended and lowered as vehicles rolled down off the ramps. Leopard-2A6EX main battle tanks, Puma CFV cavalry fighting vehicles, and Boxer APC started to exit their cargo ship transports. To the right side of the three designated berthing area is empty, no ships were designated there this morning. While another cargo ship of the same size arrived and berthed on the left side of the three hired smaller cargo ships.

"Ken, did you check the manifest?" I asked, "Who are on that ship and is that berth reserved for that cargo ship today?"

There is something not right about the cargo ship that just arrived but I cannot lay my hand on it.

"I am sure that this area is secured Colonel," Ken replied, "I wasn't informed of this new arrival from the port authorities."

"Ken, hand me the binoculars please."

I looked at the suspicious ship using the binoculars, money is a great asset. One can purchase the equipment need with the capabilities that are very useful, all the binoculars used by the regiment also have a multi-purpose optical enhancement mode. Observing the cargo ship, the ship yard placed their cranes next to it. The ship have a load full of cargo containers, I was not satisfied with my observation, no other ships can dock near another cargo ship that is unloading sensitive materials such as combat vehicles and the personnel of my regiment, I knew something is wrong with this picture and none of my staff or I was informed of this ship arriving at the same time as my men are disembarking. There are western coalition soldiers, more likely sailors and marines guarding the area armed with M-4 tactical rifles as they lazily scan the dock. I switched on to thermal imaging and watched the containers, the first containers contained cold boxes, nothing unusual about that, just a routine cargo container. The second container was raised up by the crane and I have set my eyes upon it. I was surprised to see a score of red silhouetted images coming from the second container as it is raised higher, my fingers toggles the magnification button and took a closer look.

"Oh my Lord bless me this day and grant me victory," I remarked.

There are at least thirty men inside that container, all are wearing ski mask, all are in commando style uniform, armed with an AKU-74 submachine gun, and some are carrying a high caliber RPG, a tube launch rocket propelled grenade launcher.

"What do you see Colonel?"

"All Rim-Cats personnel," I keyed in the sat comm. "Hostiles are in the container hoisted by the crane. I repeat hostiles are in the container hoisted by the crane."

Ken grabs his submachine gun as I ran downstairs with my MP-7, setting the fore grip into firing position. Everyone now knows that a fire fight is imminent.

"Get the combat vehicles out of RPG range from that blasted container and get a tank next to the main dock office on the double," I shouted over the sat comm.

"Better make it two tanks," added Ken on his mouth piece

"Yes Colonel, I'm on my way," a Rim-Cat Trooper acknowledged.

"Roger that sir," replied a second trooper, "Heading on to the main office."

As Ken and I got outside the crane has hoisted the container all the way up with its deadly cargo of commandos, the door of the container burst open and the hostile men inside fired their crossbows with a line of strong rope attached to it, the arrows hit a two towers not far from the ground and the commandos quickly slides downward towards the concrete pavement of the port. Immediately the enemy opened fire killing the few coalition soldiers guarding the dock, caught off guard, the soldiers didn't have a chance to lift their M-4 rifles.

"Shots fired," I shouted over my mouth piece.

I aimed my submachine gun at a group of descending commandos and fired a long sustained burst, three commandoes dropped dead as they reached the ground. Ken shouldered his UMP submachine gun and fired burst, two more enemy commandos were riddled by his bullets and limped lifeless as they descend to the pavement.

"Ken, hose that freaking container."

I aimed high targeting the container and fired, emptying my magazine at the container. My MP-7 submachine gun rocked, bullets ricochets inside the container, riddling the commandoes with my weapon. As three bodies fell to the ground I reloaded my weapon. Ken emptied his ammo on the container, his weapon raked through three more commandos as they joined their fallen comrades to the pavement bellow.

Turning my head at a familiar sound, I saw the two tanks rumbled to a stop next of us.

"Ken," I shouted to him, "I'll take the left flank while you take the right. Let's flank these bastards."

"You got it Colonel," he replied climbing onto the other tank and into the cupola.

I climbed onto the tank, up the main gun's turret, and into the cupola of the commander's hatch. I set the two 50 caliber machine gun armed cupolas on automatic, as the computer readies to tracks all none friendly personnel and rips them apart with a pair of anti-personnel weapon. Since the reserves personnel are there to plug in any men that was loss in combat from the other four battalions of the regiment, these replacement tanks are under crewed. The pair of tanks that just arrived and obeyed my orders only have a driver for a crew and so Ken and I are to compliment the replacement tanks as commander and gunner/communication specialist for the armored combat vehicles.

"All right trooper let's go to the right flank and watch out for RPG rounds."

The driver understood and replied. As the tank rumbled forward, my hands grasp the joystick that controls this tank's turret along with the main gun. I was surprised to see that this tank is a Templar Combat Battalion replacement, it is armed with a 145mm cannon instead of the regular 125mm gun. I glanced at the scanner to the right, seeing the tank that Ken got on, I let out a small laughter as coincidence permitted the Headquarters commander to be commanding a regular replacement tank armed with a 125mm cannon. Ken's tank rumbled to his assigned area as I aimed and elevated the main gun towards the container. My tank swerved to the left as an explosion shook the ground where the tank was at, I knew that the commandos above are now bearing their RPG on to us, I am glad that my driver knows how to handle this tank well. The two machine guns of my tank fired, burst after burst of ammunition ripped off flesh, bones, and blood from the enemy commandos. Then my targeting sensors locked on to the container, my thumb depressed on the main gun's button, and a loud thunder roared as the 145mm cannon fired. The container exploded into a massive fireball, flames eats through the flesh of the remaining commandos inside. A second explosion ensued as Ken's tank fired its 125mm cannon, if there were any survivors after my first blast, the chances of those commandos surviving the second shot is next to none.

"All mobile units route the enemy and eradicate them," I shouted over the sat comm.

The rest of the combat vehicles started to surround any remaining enemy commandos firing their machine guns. Enemy commandos danced and sways as 50 caliber rounds strikes their bodies leaving them mutilated, torn apart, and dead. While others were blown to pieces by the 40mm automatic grenade launchers from our numerous Boxer Armored Personnel Carriers, the infantry did the rest. Rounding up the few fleeing commandos as they were hunted down like a bunch of wild boars, a team of six men surrounded the control compartment of the crane used to carry the deadly container. As the crane operators make a grab for their hidden weapons, the team opened fire with their rifles and machine guns. My men were not satisfied with the display of firepower, so they grabbed a couple of grenades, unhooked the pin arming the deadly explosive, and tossed them inside the crane's control compartment. A massive fireball engulf the compartment, no one would have survived such destruction. The six mercenaries walked away as if nothing have occurred, carrying on their day as they would normally do.

"Shall we take prisoners Colonel," asked a Lieutenant of an infantry element.

"Negative," I coldly answered.

We left none alive for this low act of terrorism does not warrant the enemy the chance of mercy. I know that was a mistake, if a few prisoners were left alive then perhaps some valuable information would have been extracted. Well it is too late and regrets will not get one ahead of life.

"All units report," I commanded over the sat comm.

I let out a sigh of relief as the report came in. There were no casualties for the Rim-Cats in this surprise attack. I was saddened as my eyes glanced at the six dead coalition soldiers, the only casualties suffered and yet I was grateful that the replacement tanks landed the moment it was needed. It is something of another mishap for the one listed in the manifest to land are not the tanks but a group of GFF-4 combat trucks and if it was they that have landed instead of the tanks. I am certain that the outcome would have been disastrous for my Rim-Cats and I.

"All right men, continue to unload everyone and disembark. Afterwards, I want everyone to be at their deployed areas ASAP," I barked the command over the comm.

"Yes sir," my officers replied.

"Alright trooper let me off the main office again and join your unit," I ordered the tank driver of my replacement tank; "You did a good job today trooper."

"Yes sir and thank you sir," he replied obeying my command.

I opened the hatch, got off the cupola, and leaped to the ground. Making my way back into the main office I sat down the couch and relaxed, though my mind pondered how the enemy knew that the regiment is coming this day. Only the government of Ar'Raq knew when my regiment will be arriving, there is only one simple answer. A spy is lingering among the government officials.

"Ken, get a task force over here and secure the port's perimeter," I uttered my commands over the comm.

"Roger that sir."

The three small cargo ships returned unloading their cargo, a task force is finally on the ground. Task Force Mumbatik came is the first task force from the Templar Combat Battalion. The Mumbatik Task Force is composed of 5 main battle tanks, 5 Cavalry Fighting Vehicles, 9 Armored Personnel Carriers, 2 scout-cars armed with a 50 caliber machine gun, an automatic grenade launcher, and automatic firing mortar scout-car platform, among them are 54 infantry troopers set up in 6 man teams. Each six man teams are made of a team leader, communication expert, a sniper, a SAW gunner, a machine gunner, and a multi-purpose rifleman. I felt safer to have a task force on land as they fan out and executed their first order of guarding and protecting the port.

Triangle of Terror

A GFF-4 specialize command combat truck parked next to the main dock's office started to become a gathering place of Rim-Cats battalion, artillery battery, and task force commanders. After all my regiment's personnel, vehicles, and equipment have been unloaded, I have called in a general call for the commanders. Inside the command combat truck is a large situation room complete with the equipment needed to strategize a tactic for a campaign. I sat on the head of the situation table waiting the final arrival of all my commanders within the regiment. The officers began to pour inside, sixteen task force commanders, three artillery battery commanders, and eight headquarters support section commanders all are the rank of captain took their respected seat. Next to arrive are four battalion commanders, a headquarters battalion commander, and an artillery commander all are the rank of major came in, taking their seat at their respected areas. I stood up and beckoned for a captain near the door to shut it, he did so as I showed a table display of the operations theatre.

"Gentlemen, welcome to Ar'Raq. As you all know we have been hired through the Western Coalition Forces to engage and quell all insurgent activities in this country," I highlighted the central and a stretch of territory on the eastern part of the country, the shaded area resembled a triangle, "This gentlemen is the triangle of terror and we will operate within this area. The First Battalion Combat Team will take the north end, Second Battalion Combat Team will take the center, and the Third Battalion Combat Team will take the south end, while the Headquarters Reserved Elements will be tasked to provide convoy escort and protection for our supply route from the supply depot to the operations areas. Now the Templar Combat Battalion will be tasked to be the fire brigade, to be anywhere and everywhere it is needed. That means all task force commanders will be semi-independent with this campaign, the only time that each forces will link up is when there will be a major offensive against a substantial force. Major Arthurius Buwan will still remain in control of all three artillery batteries (Caliber) that will be detached to each area of operations to support the Battalion Combat Teams."

I looked at the faces of my officers as they nodded their understandings in regard of their duties.

"Gentlemen we have five factions that our clients wanted to be dealt with, they are the individual warlords and their bands of bandits, the Islamic Terrorist, the Mahdi Militia, the Mujahadeen foreign fighters, and the Shiite rebels backed by Parthia along with their special forces who infiltrates this country to train, arm, and lead the Shiite rebels. The incident today is an example of the Parthians at work, the leaders of this commando group has been identified from our own information bank as members of the Islamic Army Special Commando Force of Parthia."

"I'm not a bit surprised by that sir," commented Kai, a major and the commander of the Second Battalion Combat Team (Ghost), "All I can say Colonel is to let me and my men at them and we will decimate their forces within a weeks time."

TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers
12