A Degree of C Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LSEiland
LSEiland
71 Followers

"I know you don't need me questioning your decisions, I just want to make sure that you take her relationship with Cara into consideration. I'm not sure how Elle would react if she found out that Cara also kept her in the dark about this."

The more Ben thought about the news he needed to share with Elise, the more he knew Marco was just being a great friend by looking out for all parties involved. His "humanitarian" role was in full effect.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tight hugs and well-wishes were passed to the newlyweds. The last thing Cara said to Elise, after pulling her aside, was to try to forget the past and give her brother a chance. Dual meanings were behind those words. The hidden meaning was something she needed to talk to Ben about.

"Ben..."

"Yes, Elise," Ben responded, listening attentively.

"I'm heading out, but I'd like to have a word with you in private- if that's okay."

"Of course," Standing up, he thought about the things he needed to get off of his chest during their chat.

The two of them waved goodbye to old friends and new acquaintances as they made their way out of the reception space and approached the elevator bay. They had just boarded a waiting elevator when Ben suggested they talk in his room.

As much as the rational part of Elise's brain wanted to avoid being near a bed with Ben tonight, she knew it was probably the best place to have a serious conversation. She Ok'd his request and let him lead the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Being alone with Ben was different than Elise initially expected. Her mind irrationally pictured him jumping at the chance to try and have his way with her, but staying true to the gentlemen he had been from the beginning, Ben gave her ample space to feel comfortable. The fact that he was staying in a room with two double beds, helped as well. Ben revealed that he got stuck with a roommate this weekend, but did not divulge the person's identity. Elise assumed Luis or Tony was the mystery roomie, but did not see a trace of any identifiable clothing or items as she looked around the room.

Ben laid across the bed on the left, propping himself up on an elbow. She mirrored his action by relaxing on the other bed, back against the pillows that lined the headboard.

Taking a deep breath, Elise began to speak, "This is so unexpected, Ben. Meeting you and discovering your relationship to Cara caught me off guard."

It was now Ben's turn to take a deep breath. Normally an optimist, he expected a letdown.

"That being said, I'm very glad we met the way we did. I was able to get to know Ben, something I'm not sure would have happened if you weren't seated next to me on that plane."

He exhaled and felt some of the tension leave his body.

"I've struggled internally with your past. Alcoholism is something that I am very familiar with. My father would drink himself silly and take any anger he had out on me. Being an only child to a single father was rough at times."

"Did he hurt you?" Ben was almost afraid to hear the answer to his question.

"Physically, no, but he had this uncanny ability to make me feel guilty. I'll spare you the details of what I went through, but his death on my 14th birthday changed my life for the better- as horrible as that is to say." Elise had been spared from her father's ridicule for 12 years, but guilt still managed to plague her at times. "My aunt, Michelle, was able to swoop in and save me from being placed in a foster home. I put everything I had into school and was lucky enough to get a full-tuition scholarship to DePaul."

She looked over at him and instantly felt comforted by the care in his eyes.

"You scare the shit out of me, Ben. You have something in common with the man that almost ruined my life. As much as I have considered writing you off, I know you're nothing like him."

Ben got up and sat beside her as she continued.

"I will never be able to understand how you might struggle daily with staying sober, but I'm hoping to continue getting to know you and possibly making that a little easier for you."

Fuck. Cara had believed in Ben's recovery from the beginning, but no one had ever said anything remotely close to what Elise had just said. Especially a woman he was interested in dating.

Feeling that words were not expressive enough, Ben scooted closer and cupped her head lovingly in his hands. He stroked her cheeks with his thumbs. Ben kept his eyes locked on hers until he slowly made contact with her pillowy soft lips. The kiss was reminiscent of the one he surprised her with on Thursday. He was content with the sweet lip-lock until Elise seductively grazed her bottom lip with her teeth as he pulled away. The action reignited his libido. He leaned in to deliver multiple kisses that would broadcast every wonderful feeling her had for her.

Preoccupied with an embrace that had escalated to Ben lying on top of Elise, neither of them noticed that they were no longer alone. The third party cleared their throat loudly, making their presence known. Knowing who interrupted them, Ben hurled himself away from Elise.

Ben's grandmother met Elise's eyes as she sat up. How embarrassing.

Taking account of the shameful look on Elise's face, the woman decided to clear the air, "No need to be embarrassed, dear. My grandson has been keeping tabs on you all night. We all noticed. I know, having met you before, that you're as great a catch as he is. So... go off and continue doing what young people do."

Now Ben was embarrassed. "Grandma!"

"What?" The look on her face was poised to mimic innocence. "I was your age once. I'm beyond tired, so I'm going to bed, but I assume this beautiful woman has a room of her own." She finished by winking at Elise.

"She does, Grandma. We'll let you get some sleep."

They were headed for the door when Ben's grandmother called Elise.

"Cara has always told me nice things about you, dear. Here's something sweet for a sweet young lady." She handed Elise an individually wrapped Biscoff cookie. In slight shock, Elise thanked Ben's grandmother and followed him into the hallway. Once again, the two of them settled away from the door they had just exited.

Elise held up the cookie in amazement. "This is from the plane... You saved this for your grandmother."

"I did. I apologize for not offering one to you. They're her favorite."

"No need. This is going to sound funny, but at the time I thought you were saving your cookies for your girlfriend. I guess this is confirmation that you don't have one." She leaned up and kissed him as soon as those words left her lips.

There was one problem with Elise's statement. The truth was that Ben did have a girlfriend.

*

Thanks again for reading A Degree of C Ch. 03! You now know that Ben has a HUGE secret he needs to reveal to Elise. But can he be honest- and not lose her? Even I'm in suspense. As you might have noticed, I was able to get this chapter out faster. Very excited about that!! Check the notes section on my profile for updates regarding this story's progress. I will give you a heads-up on when you can expect the next update to be posted. -LSE

LSEiland
LSEiland
71 Followers
12