A Demon...Or Two Just For Me Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had my time of the month, and was in fact still on it, but the morning sickness didn't stop I figured I should at least take a test. I cleaned the kitchen while I waited for the results, I walked upstairs and glanced at it. I think in a normal situation a woman in my place in life would think her life was over but I was honestly ecstatic to see that little positive sign appear. My first thought was that it was weird that I was having a regular time of the month while expecting, then I remembered that I wasn't sleeping with a normal man. I stroked my stomach.

"Hey little one I don't know how demon children or angel offspring grow but if you can hear me you need to stop making me sick or you'll go hungry."

I walked downstairs and looked for something to eat, then paused and wondered if he or she would let me keep meat down. I had seen Stefanos eat plenty of times and he was a huge carnivore. I took out a steak and cooked it just the way I liked it, medium rare, my stomach finally grumbled I hadn't been hungry for anything I'd eaten lately.

After I ate as I figured, I didn't start to feel sick I went up to my room and went to bed.

...

I woke up to the sound of someone yelling I grabbed my robe and walked out of my room I saw Katie was red faced and mom was trying to console her. My dad looked confused and a little frustrated.

"What's all the yelling about?"

"A.J. just informed us that his family, not just his parents, his whole freaking family doesn't approve of Katie and wont be coming to the wedding." dad said.

"Oh I see."

"You see? That's all you have to say?" mom snapped.

I shrugged, dad frowned.

"Little girl you have to learn to be more caring for Katie, she's obviously hurt and you don't give a shit." he said.

I shrugged again.

"What is wrong with you?" mom snapped.

"So his family doesn't like her, she can't make anyone like her."

Mom walked over and I knew she would hit me.

"Are you going to assault someone who is pregnant?"

She stopped, and everyone stared at me, mom started laughing.

"Oh that's a good one, so you've learned how to make the tension leave a room, that's one skill."

I frowned.

"I'm not joking."

"Oh Violet stop playing around, your sister is suffering." dad said.

I crossed my arms and mom stared at me.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes." I said in annoyance.

"I'm shocked."

"...."

"I can't believe you found someone who was willing to sink so low, we will call it a new skill."

I glared at her.

"Well it's one I get from you." I said.

"How dare you!" dad snapped.

"You know, this is why my family doesn't like Katie." A.J. said through gritted teeth.

They glanced at him.

"You guys are just plain horrible, your daughter, your baby daughter just told you that you were going to be grandparents and you can't even congratulate her? I'm not sure this is the type of family I even want to be a part of."

He pushed past my mom and took my hand before tugging me out of the house, he was gentle but I knew he was pissed we got in his car and he drove off. We went to his house and he pulled me against him as soon as he closed the front door.

"We promise to thank you by giving you and our child the best home that we can."

I smiled as he kissed me, I wonder if he noticed that they spoke in unison when they made that promise.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
33 Comments
GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 6 years ago
I really like this story-line, and gave it a 5, but...

I just can't wrap my head around why any of them want to pretend that AJ is still into Katie. I know, I know, some lame idea of letting Vi have a pleasant vacation. It's just a little much to suspend my disbelief over, ya know?

Aside from that pesky detail, I'm totally diggin' the story-line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
More!!!!

I love this story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The logic is a little off...

So I like the initial idea. And even though the characters are kinda horrible in their actions, you still managed to make me care about them. So really good job.

But I think there were some areas of the plot that were less than believable, and I'm not talking about the demon/angel body sharing body sharing. That I can totally get behind...because magic. I'm talking about the way the characters react and act to the situation.

1. A.J. has seen the abuse from her family for years. Why after finding out that she's his mate would he think that would change by pretending for a month that he's still dating her sister? And after that month? What then? Then does he break up with Katie? I know u weren't planning on the family being a part of her life later in the story, but the characters wouldn't know that. If A.J. Is trying to salvage her relationship with her family, it's incredibly shortsighted to imagine that lying and cheating for a month would accomplish that. Maybe a teenager would think this way. But isn't A.J. really old? He would know that it would never be okay with her family that violetta got involved with Katie's man. He should have at stood up to the the family, declared his love for violetta and spirited her away from their toxic presence. It would have changed the course of the story. But no other course of action makes sense to me. Certainly not the one the story took.

2. I have to agree with others, the way that you made the characters string Katie along was very off-putting. I don't care how awful she was. I prefer to see my heroines take the high road...or at least not the road of a cheater. Having known what it feels like to be cheated on, it's not pleasant. And the way that A.J. made Katie feel like an ass for suspecting? That didn't do him any favors either. She was right. And again I can't say this enough, it doesn't matter that Katie is a materialistic bitch and I suppose we r supposed to think she had it coming to her, the fact that the characters we r supposed to like are doling out this underhanded justice only makes it all so much worse. It makes them petty and cruel. The reasoning that A.J. wants Katie to have a nice vacation with her family is completely undermined by the fact that they are sleeping together. its kinda the opposite of preserving the relationship she has with her family.

3. Any woman who just got a declaration of love would be pissed when he's suddenly engaged to her sister. I don't care what's going on...that would be horrible. Her reaction? It's cool baby. No explain needed, let's have more sex. Again how does this preserve the long term relationship with her parents? Because if we aren't thinking long term...what's the point in staying there at all? One more month of their snide remarks about her weight? Doesn't sound like any fun to me. Surely A.J. would realize that her parents would NEVER forgive violetta if she stole Katie's fiancé? Surely at that point he would say fuck it and just take her away to the Bahamas for a relaxing vacation on the beach? Doesn't he have a crap ton of money?

4. I did finish the story and overall I liked it. I know u had an idea of where u wanted the story to go, but the logic was lacking. I'm fine with the supernatural stuff. U could probably stand to do more showing than telling but that's neither here nor there...it's ultimately off putting when characters act and react counter to logic. I'm sure that's the reason I see so many mixed reviews. Some people really love ur story. Some hate it. I think you have a lot of talent, but on the next story consider each characters' reactions to their situation. If you try to fit their reactions to where u want the story to go, it comes off rather unbelievable. At least I think that's what happened here.

I have to believe that. If I don't, then I'd have to believe that u actually think it's okay for two people to cheat like that...act like that and still be worth caring about. The fact that you made me care even after all the cheating says quite a bit, so please don't take this review as a negative. It's more of a plea. Next time, put yourself in your characters shoes a little more. Reason out their actions carefully. I think if you do that, you'll have a really awesome story with kickass characters to match.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
SERIOUSLY? Are you fucking kidding me?

1. Get an editor, you need one.

2. This story began well, and while I can semi-understand the idea of a single uncontrollable moment that may lead to cheating, the fact that it continues, and the fact that both of your main characters are useless and completely awful is slightly disappointing. I can literally read it no further. Firstly A.J can't seem to break up with Katie even though he detests her, why is that? This turns him into every asshole guy that cheats on his wife or girlfriend and completely destroys any chance of me, as a reader, thinking he may be a good person or being able to enjoy his character in the story. He also belittles Katie when she suggests that he may be cheating, by implying that SHE is the scumbag for even believing that he would,yet another classic jerk move. Why are you making your characters assholes? Secondly, Violet doesn't seem to mind that she's having sex with her sister's boyfriend and is behaving like a cheating whore... even though you try to make her come across as being the moral and "nice" sister. She also doesn't seem to have a problem with the fact that A.J just isn't going to break up with Katie, and then doesn't even mention it to him when he subsequently PROPOSES to her. Wait what? Shouldn't she be slightly irritated (at the very least) that he proposed to Katie when he had told her that he considered it to be over. This story just makes no sense. You created awful immoral and pansy characters and then tried to make them seem righteous and heroic. Being misunderstood and victimized by your family doesn't automatically make you a good person and give you leave to act as you please. Bleugh, puke. Seriously?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
so sweet

Such a sweet, romantic story. I love the character development.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Bound to My Mate Ch. 01 A chance encounter with her life mate.in NonHuman
Dragon Master She is taught submission by a dragon.in NonHuman
Taken by the Beast Lonely woman gives in to her animalististic urges.in NonHuman
Tara's Breeding Three men decide to have their way with fertile Tara.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Claimed A hybrid shapeshifter is asked to help wounded tiger.in NonHuman
More Stories