A Different Perspective Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
viola47
viola47
43 Followers

"Thanks for listening," Travis finished. He looked sheepish. "So... what's been going on with you? I just babbled and I never even asked you how you've been doing..."

"Oh, well," I said, startled. I'm a brilliant conversationalist, isn't it obvious? Travis looked guilty; I could tell he felt like a jerk by the look on his face. "You know, I miss hanging out with you. Classes are good; the students are still assholes. High-schoolers -- you know."

He nodded; we were both teachers, but at different districts. He taught music and conducted the band at a junior and senior high; I taught English and writing composition at a high school.

"You seeing anyone?"

"Yeah. Four months, I think?"

Travis nodded, and he seemed to be thinking.

"We really never did talk about relationships much," he said thoughtfully. "Why is that?"

"I'm not sure," I shrugged. We used to a little bit, but it just wasn't really that type of friendship. Nothing beyond the superficial, at least not where relationships and Travis were concerned.

"I think it was me," he said, still thoughtful.

"Ha! I wasn't going to say it," I laughed. Travis smiled sheepishly at me, and raised his eyebrows. "Oh! Well, yeah, four months. I don't know... we mesh well. Mostly."

"Mostly?"

"Yeah..." I drew it out, not sure how much to say, but Travis had bared so much, it seemed wrong not to just say it. "Well, meshing. Good. Except sex."

I whispered sex; I couldn't help it. I felt myself blush. Oh, yes, I was that person. Blushing was the one thing I really excelled at, sadly. Travis made a strange sound and coughed -- the jerk was chocking back a laugh! I blushed worse for a moment, before I started chuckling at myself.

"It's not that he's bad, it's just... we both want the same thing, I guess. In a bad way."

Travis made a noise, and I looked up, expecting to find him struggling not to laugh again. Instead, he was looking at me with his brows knit.

"And I'm a pushover, so he always gets his way," I continued.

"Does he know what you want?"

"Yes, but..." I didn't know what to say.

"He doesn't listen?"

I nodded, and Travis nodded.

"But, whatever, I mean..." I didn't know what I meant, actually, and I didn't know where I was going with that statement.

"Is it something you can deal with?" he asked in my silence.

"What?"

"The sex issue... is it something you can deal with?"

"I don't know," I said with a sigh. "I guess... well, this sounds bad, but I think that if I loved him I would deal with it. Does that sound awful?"

"No, not at all. You need to do what's right for you," Travis said seriously. It was kind of surreal, having this conversation with him.

"But at the same time, I think he's the kind of guy I could fall for," I continued, gathering speed. "I mean, he's great, he really is. Except for that one thing. And he really does listen to me, really, just not... about that."

"Maybe you should try talking to him about it. I know you already have, but maybe try it again?"

We went from there. It was actually a nice conversation, past the initial awkwardness of not having talked -- really talked -- for months. The conversation flowed from there, and we both talked about work, new music, the World Series, a lot of other things. We just talked. Eric and Kyle wanted to take him out again Friday, and I was invited, but I had a date with Dave. Maybe next time.

viola47
viola47
43 Followers
12