A Double Standard

Story Info
Is there a double standard when cheating?
3.6k words
3.97
315k
58

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/15/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,676 Followers

Thanks goes to 'Techsan' for editing this story.

There is not much sex in this story.

*

I am one of those weird people who read erotic stories. Yes, I admit it. Once I start reading them it's hard to stop. Some stories are total trash; of course that is only my opinion. But then you come across a story, not paying any attention to the authors name, you never heard of him or her but the title of the story draws your interest. You decide to click on it and kind of give it a scan through, not really reading it. After you scan through about a third of the story, you stop and think to yourself this is pretty good. You put your pointer back to the story beginning and start reading every word.

The author has drawn you in or is it your own emotions that are making you read this story? Another story about a spouse having an affair. Damn! I hate stories about affairs. The wife fucks some guy, either a stranger or her husband's best friend. She leaves some stupid clue and her husband finds it. Now he has to do something about it.

He faces her with the cheating facts. She says how much she loves him and it was just sex. It didn't mean anything. She tells him how much she loves him and had just made a big mistake even though she did it a half of dozen times. She cries and begs his forgiveness and promises never to do it again. What a crock of shit! Or is it?

I'm just an ordinary guy. Mid-fifties, happily married, have been for thirty years. I worked most of my life in sales. I sell products for the home. The company had a home-based store stationed in Chicago but we, the sales force, had to travel fairly often. We went to the surrounding states to keep in touch with our retail stores. Speaking for myself it did get lonely sometimes, being away from the family and at night really missing my wife.

There were times that I would go down to a lounge just to be around other people. Of course there were generally women alone or with a small group of women. I might dance and talk to them just for the company. In the beginning I didn't set out to have sex with them but it happened. This constitutes an affair in most people's book. I picked up a woman, took her to my room and had sex with her. I've done this many times over the years. I never thought much about it. I was in a strange town or even a strange state. I was horny and did something about it. I found someone else in the same predicament and had sex with her. Not love but sex.

Now I have to tell you. I love my wife. I am a devoted family man. Our family spends time together, I went to all school events when they were younger and I even attend church once in a while. I also love my grandchildren. I am like a lot of men out there. I'm not proud of my affairs but I'm being honest with myself and with you. I could sit in my room and masturbate while watching an x-rated movie or read erotic stories on the computer and jack off. I'm not being funny here, I'm being honest.

I think of all the names the readers of erotic material call the woman who has had an affair. Bitch, whore, slut, and many more. They want the husbands to dump their wife, beat them up and in some cases kill the mother fuckers. They never try to understand them or why they did it. They don't take the time to listen to them and most of all never forgive them.

Is there still a double standard? Should a woman forgive her husband if he has an affair or should she just grab him by the short hairs and divorce him?

If he says, "I love you, I just made a big mistake, it was just sex. I was just so lonely and you weren't there. God, how I wish you were. It is you I love and want to spend all my remaining years with. Please believe me, don't end this marriage. I know it will take time but we can work through it." Sound familiar?

Well, surprise! That is what happened to me just last week. One of the women I had sex with was followed by her husband. He found out who I was and contacted my wife. When I got home she just came out and told me about the man calling her. She asked me point blank if it was true? Did I have an affair with this man's wife? It was too late to try and deny anything. I just looked at her and she had tears in her eyes as I told her "Yes, it is true." Then I told her all the things that I just mentioned to you.

She told me she needed time to think. As of then, she had no idea what she was going to do. She asked me to please sleep in the spare bedroom until decisions were made. As of now she didn't want to be in the same bed with me.

The cheated husband offered to send her pictures and recordings of me having sex with his wife. Miriam said she knew it happened but really wasn't interested in seeing all the details close up. She was distraught enough just knowing it happened.

There was so much more to think about than just separating or divorcing. Of course someone would have to tell the kids. Then we have all of our assets to separate. Dividing the savings accounts, cd's (certificate of deposit), my future pension plan, my 401k. Then at our age there is even the insurance to think about. It might sound funny to some people but health insurance is a pretty big expense that someone has to pay. We couldn't afford to lose it.

She was a homemaker who spent most of her life making a home for us and the kids. She only worked part time jobs to help us pay up some of our bills when we got behind. So then there could possibly be alimony. I'm sure the courts would feel she deserved some money for her 30 years of us being together.

I haven't even thought about the house value and all our personal stuff that we accumulated over the last thirty plus years. Damn, this could turn into a real mess. We're talking about possibly more than a few hundred thousand dollars or even much more when considering all the assets.

The odd thing was, as I have said earlier, I really love my wife. I guess I was able to separate the sex from love. I know I have never loved any of the women I picked up. The sex was good, why wouldn't it be. I get her pussy wet, she gets my cock hard, I stick it in and both of us have an orgasm. I did use condoms most of the time.

After about two days of pretty much silence I came home from work and told Miriam I had some good news. Joe Bailey was retiring at the end of the month. I was the senior sales rep which meant I could take his territory. I would hardly ever have overnight stays again seeing he had the local sales area. I wouldn't be away like I have been in the past. Miriam said, "That's great, Harry, it could help solve part of our marital problems." She then looked at me and said, "Harry, it's time to talk." We both had a cup of coffee and sat down in the living room.

"Harry," she said, "I'm going to let you decide whether or not we stay together. It is going to be up to you." I blurted out, "If it's up to me we will live together forever."

"Not so fast, Harry. Please listen first to what I have to say. Then if you still feel the same, we'll stay married."

"I don't understand, Miriam. What do you want to say?"

"Please don't interrupt me, Harry, I have to get this out. About two years ago you were in Indiana and I called you at the motel to talk to you. You were out of breath when you answered the phone. Then I heard a woman talking in the background."

"But, Miriam, it must. . . " She cut me off.

"I'm done listening to your excuses and lies, Harry. I know you had a woman in your room and was having sex with her. You could hardly wait to hang up. I figure she had your dick in her mouth. I was distraught after hanging up the phone. I was crying when there was a knock at the door. I opened it up and it was my brother-in-law Steve. He came over to see how I was doing since you were away. My sister Barbara stayed at home. Steve said she wasn't feeling well. Steve saw me crying and asked me what was the matter? I just put my head on his shoulder and continued crying. He wrapped his hands around me and held me close."

"I was mad at you, Harry. I was lonely, distraught, and wanted revenge on you, Harry. All I had on was my robe and nightgown. Steve pulled the belt loose and slipped off my robe. He then led me over to the couch. As we sat there, I told him that you were having an affair. At this very minute you were fucking some slut. I looked at Steve and you know how we always use to kid around. Well, this time I told him I wanted him. I wanted him now. I wanted my revenge against you, Harry. Steve took off his trousers and briefs. His cock was standing hard and at attention. He slid my nightgown over my head and I straddled his lap. I grabbed his hard cock and guided it into your wife's pussy, Harry. You were the only man that I have ever had till that night with Steve."

I had tears in my eyes listening to Miriam talk about her affair with Steve. Besides being my brother in law he was also one of my friends. It was hard to believe she could do this to me. She was always a loving wife.

She continued, "Well, Harry, Steve just rode my pussy and played with my tits till he was ready to shoot his load in me. He didn't have on a condom. I was sure he was clean and I have been past the baby stage for a few years. He shot his load up my pussy, Harry. Just like you were doing to that slut. We probably all came at the same time, Harry."

I looked at Miriam, her face sad. "Was that the only time, Miriam? Was that the only time you ever cheated on me?"

"No, Harry, Steve and I did it six different times whenever you went out of town."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My loving wife had cheated on me six different times. "Why did you stop, Miriam?"

"Well, Harry, like you said, it was only sex. No love, no compassion, just sex. I felt I had gotten my revenge on you and then you came home with flowers for me. You took me out for my birthday and got me a little drunk. Then you brought me home and you made love to me. We didn't have sex like Steve and I had but you made love to me. Gentle, erotic, caring love is what you gave me that night. After that night I was starting to feel guilty about the revenge. I ended it with Steve. He said he was going to tell you about us if I didn't continue having sex with him. I told him I wasn't going to let him blackmail me into having sex with him. He could just go ahead and ruin both of our marriages if that is what he wanted to do. That's probably why we didn't see him around here before he and Barbara moved to Peoli."

"Why, Miriam? Why tell me this now?"

"If we are laying our cards on the table and you want our marriage to continue, you need to know the truth. I don't want Steve coming up to you a year from now and telling you this."

I looked at Miriam, my loving wife for thirty years. She just admitted to fucking my brother-in-law and friend six times to get even with me. It was really bothering me, picturing my Miriam spread-eagled with her pussy glistening and telling another man to shove his cock into her. I was having a hard time handling it. I told Miriam that I needed a day before answering her. It was such a shock to me.

I got the whiskey bottle and went to the spare room and started drinking. I tried to go to sleep but all I could do was have nightmares. Every time I closed my eyes I'd see Miriam fucking Steve's big cock. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating. My stomach hurt bad. I ran to the bathroom and vomited. I went back to the room and cried myself to sleep.

When I got up in the morning, Miriam had made breakfast. I tried but just couldn't eat. I just wasn't sure what I was going to do. I couldn't even look at her without the thought of her affair entering my mind. She mentioned that she was going to go see her mother today and that, if possible, she would like my answer by tonight whether we were staying married or going our own way.

Before I left for work I went into the bedroom and removed my hand gun from the dresser drawer and put it in my jacket pocket. I left for work without even saying goodbye to Miriam. I reported into work and then after a couple of hours I left for Peoli. It was about a fifty mile drive.

When I arrived at Steve and Barb's place I knocked on the door. Barb opened it and looked a bit surprised to see me. She asked me what I wanted? I told her I needed to talk to Steve.

She said, "Steve's not here, Harry. What do you want with him?"

I looked at my sister in law Barb and said, "I need to talk to him. He fucked Miriam and I need to talk to him."

Barb looked me right in the eyes and without even blinking she said, "Steve never fucked anyone including Miriam."

"He did Barb, he did. Miriam told me about it herself last night. I need to know why. I really need to know why."

Barbed looked at me and said, "Come in, Harry, just come in."

As I stepped into the living room, Miriam stepped out of the kitchen. I looked up and asked her, "Why are you here? Is it to protect your lover? To warn him I might come after him?"

Miriam said, "Harry, there was no lover. I made it all up. I wanted to see how forgiving you would be if I had an affair. Yes, I did come by to warn Barb and Steve that you might come by. After you left this morning, I checked the dresser drawer and noticed you took your handgun. I was worried what you might do so I warned Barb and Steve. I thought it was best to come here because you might not believe them. Please sit down, Harry, and we will tell you the truth about that night."

She called Steve out from the other room. She asked him if he would explain to me what happened that night.

Steve began, "Barb and I stopped by to check on Miriam as we so often did when you were away. When she answered the door her face was red and she was crying. She couldn't seem to stop. Barb and I did our best to console her. She cried on my shoulder and Barb was holding her. As she regained her composure, she told us you were having an affair. I told her I would be willing to talk to you about it but she had us promise not to mention it to you. She was hoping that you would see the mistakes you were making and stop playing around."

I looked over at Miriam and saw the hurt in her eyes. The hurt that I put there.

Steve continued. "I played golf the following week with you. No one would ever know you were having an affair. I figured you must have been doing it for a long time not to show any emotions. I couldn't stand being with you. Not the way you were treating Miriam. We told Miriam that we wanted nothing more to do with you but she was welcome anytime. We moved here to Peoli a few months later. Miriam and Barb have kept close contact. Then she called us a couple of days ago and told us about your latest fling and getting caught and that you might be part of a divorce lawsuit. We told her we wished she would just dump you. She deserved much better."

I was really feeling low. I thought I was hiding the affairs pretty good but apparently I was wrong.

"When Miriam called and told us about your latest fling she asked me if I would do her a favor. She wanted to make up an affair between her and I and tell you it happened. She wanted to know how you would react to it. If you would still want her."

Miriam said, "Thanks" to Steve and continued the story.

"Harry, I know you have cheated on me for years. I remember finding condom wrappers in your pockets even though you had a vasectomy years ago. You suits smelled of perfumes that were not mine. Even cum stains in your underwear. I turned my back on your affairs hoping that you would stop. You never did. That is why I made up this affair lie to you. I wanted you to get a taste of how I felt all these past years. I was hoping that after you heard my made-up story that you would say that you forgave me. That you still wanted me as your wife. But that didn't happen, Harry. Instead you grabbed your whiskey and ran to the bedroom."

"Miriam, I was having nightmares seeing you with other men. I had to get up and throw up it bothered me so bad."

"How do you think I felt whenever I knew you had one of your flings. I threw up many times too, Harry, knowing that the sex you were giving these women belonged to me, Harry. But last week when the stranger called and said you were fucking his wife and he had the pictures to prove it, how do you think I felt, Harry. You have now brought your sexual affairs home to roost. That's when I said enough is enough."

"God, I'm so sorry, Miriam, I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you."

"That's why I gave you the affair test, Harry. So you could still say you love me even after I had the affair. You failed, Harry. After all the affairs you have had you wanted me to forgive you. But when it was me having one affair for revenge against you, you needed to think about it. Sounds like a double standard, Harry. I believe a lot of men use that standard."

I had tears in my eyes. She was right. I wanted her to forgive me but was I ready to forgive her? I guess I did have a 'Double Standard.' I told her I needed to face Steve, that is why I came to see him. I was devastated knowing he had sex with her. I brought the gun not knowing whether I was going to use it or not. I remember her saying Steve talked about blackmailing her for sex and it really bothered me. I was ready to go to prison for shooting Steve if necessary.

Miriam looked at me and said, "Harry, yesterday you had the choice to save our marriage and was unable to come to a decision. Well, Harry, I'm making the decision for us both now. I choose that we . . . ."

The End (except for comments)

This is the part of the story where I use my wisdom and decide whether Harry and Miriam stay married or get divorced. No matter what I choose I would get comments saying I was right or I was wrong. So I would like you 'The Reader" to decide whether they stay together or get divorced.

Please don't change any of the story. I know many women would not have put up with a man like Harry and would have divorced him years ago. But at this juncture in the marriage, what would you do?

*

Comments welcome, especially this time. If you don't want to put your name on it feel free to be anonymous. Don't forget to check back and see what your fellow readers would have done.

Thank you for reading my story

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,676 Followers