A Dragon's Tail Ch. 06-09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
OldHideki
OldHideki
422 Followers

The car pulled into the docks, with both teams in close pursuit. Once both teams came close, agents walked up to find an elderly couple going to their home. The couple was detained and questioned, but insisted they knew nothing about a ten year old girl. As Janice worked with an interpreter, her aide Bob Alexander came over and motioned to her to come.

The third team arrived, and all teams followed the aide to the dock where he pointed to the pier.

“Bob, describe what you see to me.”

“It’s a woman with many arms, standing on the pier, about 20 meters ahead of us.”

“Everyone stay back! Bob, get an interpreter, STAT!”

The three people walked 10 meters down the pier, and stopped. “Bob, Can you tell me how many arms she has?”

Bob paused for a moment. “Eight Arms, Ma’am.”

Janice blew out a long breath. “We’re fucked! We’ve been sent on a wild goose chase.”

Janice kneeled down. She ordered the other two to kneel, and then gave the interpreter some words to address the spirit.

After the interpreter repeated the words in Japanese, the spirit illuminated itself.

Janice called out to the other team members back on the dock, “The spirit before us is the Goddess Benzaiten. She is the one and only female of the ‘The Seven Lucky Gods of Japan’. In other words, this is Lady Luck, and she is protecting the whereabouts of Mr. Hennski.”

Janice tried to negotiate with Benzaiten, but she knew that she was at a distinct disadvantage. Janice was a guest here in Japan, and was in no position to make demands from a goddess. She was dealing with an adversary that could move invisibly at will through the human population. When she wanted to appear, she would be treated like a goddess and other would simply follow her gestures. She had no idea what other abilities she had, but she also knew that there were two members of the Japanese Defence Force witnessing this, and she didn’t want to appear disrespectful to their goddess.

Janice knew that Benzaiten had used herself as a decoy, and she knew she was losing time. The goddess had arraigned a meeting here, so that Robert could escape, and so she could meet her foe. Janice knew she would have little chances to negotiate again, and had to become Benzaiten’s ally.

The retrieval mission now needed to become something else. If the goddess was going to protect Robert, Janice would have to accept that.

Janice Williams made a final appeal.

***** *****

Thank You, for reading my story. This is part three of four. More to come…

OldHideki
OldHideki
422 Followers