A Drow's Dilemma Ep. 60: Aasimar

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Caleldir smiled. "Thank you, Selene. I cannot help but feel as if I am not living up to my ancestry, but I suppose that I have all the time in the world to eventually do so. After all, I am stuck here. Forever, apparently."

Ungrai looked like something had confused her, however. "Are there more of you?" She asked. "Where are your parents now? I would love to study an undead fey."

"Goelon is my alter-ego. I turn into him when dealt a fatal amount of damage. I think that you saw a brief glimpse of him while I was still mostly in control. He is rather less nice than I am, but not mindlessly violent. Only apathetically sadistic. As for my parents: I have no idea. My father comes and goes as he pleases. He always has. My mother..." He stopped. "My mother... well, I often feel as if she is watching over me on some other plane of reality, but I do not have the faintest clue of how to find her."

"You turn into another when 'dead?' That must be the cursed part." Ungrai said with her mouth still partially full of food. Her table manners were decidedly orcish. "I would like to witness that transformation from the other side."

Ungrai's curiosity as to what Goelon was like put a frown on Caleldir's face. He would have said something to the effect of Goelon not being someone all that useful or cooperative for whatever she had in mind, but Selene decided to intervene on his behalf first. A little more grouchily than he would have done it, to be honest.

"No you wouldn't." Selene told her flatly. "He'd tear through a mere necromancer half-orc, half..." It was the mage's turn to tilt her head to the side in curious thought. "What are you, exactly?" The drow's expression firmed when Ungrai started to glare at her. "Caleldir divulged some of his secrets easily enough, and now you won't tell us the same about yourself? That is a good way to get someone to... stop wanting to cooperate."

"I am half-elf." Ungrai growled softly. Apparently she valued their cooperation enough to say it no matter how much it irked her. To demonstrate her heritage, she pulled away a couple of dreadlocks that kept her ears hidden. It revealed an ear with a far more elegant curve than any orc had a right to have.

"A half elf. How?" Selene asked, surprised.

"The usual way. My mother was taken by raiding orcs fifty years ago. I was the consequence." She growled out. It sounded vastly intimidating in the language they were using.

Caleldir blanched a little. Not that he was shocked that an elf and an orc had a child - to the mind of a Deusterran, such a mix was hardly worth a second thought - but that the story she told seemed rather less pleasant than such a tale would have been were it to have been told in his home country. "Far be it from one such as I to find your ancestry something to be scoffed at." He said in an apologetic tone. "You do not need to tell us more than you are comfortable doing. I told you what I did because I have felt your soul, and know that, as broken and cruel as you may be, I can trust you with this much." Certainly, the necromancer was such that the paladin's magic would identify her as evil. But so did Selene.

When Caleldir informed her that he felt her soul, and from that felt he could trust her with secrets of his heritage, Ungrai frowned slightly. Blackness shone from her covered eyes, as if the shadow glowed like a candle that somehow snuffed the light. When her eyes went to their normal, dreadlock-covered black, her full lips downturned even more. What would possess him, knowing who and what she was, just decide that she was trustworthy? With an angry curl of her nose, she snatched the rest of her meet off her plate and left the building.

Though he had no idea what was being said, Zarag easily interpreted the hostility that was rising in his sister. Selene, too, was beginning to bristle at the other female's tone. "I think that is enough." He said. Then his eyes fell on something outside of the longhouse. "Look, Ashyr comes. As soon as Paladin Althaia gets here, we can talk."