A Drow's Dilemma Ep. 93: Plotting

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The lumber. Yes, I believe we were already planning on using that to our advantage. Ever since the strange forest down here was clear-cut, lumber has been more valuable than platinum," Selene responded with a nod. "I wouldn't mind trying to use that as collateral even if it does end up that we have to carry through on our offer. The children, however..." Her mouth twisted with distaste.

"-The children we can bargain, but never follow through," Tsabdrin finished for his sister. "I'm not even sure how tempting it would be for the rebels to get them back. They might need Diza as a puppet matron... But I think at this point they want to skip the middlewoman and just announce that Duskhaven has Patrons instead of Matrons now."

Selene scoffed. "If they were smart, they would use the child as a puppet for a few decades. Bring on the change more slowly. No group of people would accept such a drastic change so soon. But I shouldn't complain if my enemy is unintelligent and unwise. They are easier to outwit that way."

"Either way, they will not have Diza. She is a brat, but she is not a bargaining chip," the ranger said adamantly, his arms folded and his expression stubborn.

"Yes, brother," the Mage said with a roll of her eyes. "We don't actually want to give them what they need. I think what may have to happen is a certain amount of improvisation. I do think the wood and the children will be tempting to half of them. The other half will have very different goals in mind. As it is with any Drow family."

"I was not going to follow through on any potential offer," Caleldir said. "Except, possibly, for considerations of leniency if they immediately surrender. But even then I think that Selene would rather such a thing not be offered even if they are not likely to take it. So, no. I am not going to give them Dizafaerae." He fell silent for a moment, clearly thinking. "Alternately, we can try a snatch-and-grab of our own. Another infiltration like we did to grab the children. Risa sneaks in, pushes one of them into her portal, and then portal herself back. We might be able to get one of them that way. Now, that would be a bargaining chip. One that we may not actually even need if the one we grab knows something. If that is the case, we can go for a quick, clean execution. Or keep him to feed to the rusalka, if you think that is more poetically appropriate, Selene."

-I think I could manage that.- R.I.S.A. said thoughtfully. -Not this me, of course. My main me. I would need Tsabdin's help stealthing my way in, though. I do not know the place well enough to sneak through it.-

"I am not sure if such a kidnapping will work as well with one of the adults as it did with the children. They are all-powerful in their own ways and are more likely to leave their brother to his fate for being stupid enough to get kidnapped. It will also turn them that much more hostile to us - though, to be fair, they started it. Sort of," Tsabdrin explained, taking up the mantle of calm reason while his sister appeared unable to do so. He didn't seem too pleased to say it, though. He wanted to go in with bared blade and kill everyone. "Maybe. If they even have Ashyr. If not, then we're risking starting things with them before we have to - sorry to say it, but arranging for your capture, Caleldir, was a rather petty, meaningless action compared to an adult Duskhaven being kidnapped. I do think initially talking is a good idea. Then we can escalate things if it proves necessary."

Selene didn't look like she liked it, but it did look like she agreed. "When we do capture them, I absolutely want them fed to the Rusalka. For the record." That was a delightful thought. A look of wicked pleasure crossed Selene's face. Then it faded when she brought her mind back to matters that did not involve rapists being raped. "Tsabdrin is right, though. We will save a kidnapping scheme until after negotiations. At the very least, we'll be able to figure out who would be best to try to take even if we learn nothing else."

"Then we will not attack them directly like that," Caleldir agreed in a slightly disgruntled tone. He quickly recovered though. "I suppose that you are right. I keep thinking of drow standards as being similar to overworld elven standards, even though I know I should not. And yeah, I can understand that my own capture is far less important. For one thing, they do not know what I am capable of or that I mean anything to you besides an unusually attractive body attached to a perfectly ordinary and quite replaceable dick." His tone was amused at this description of himself. "Certainly they do not yet understand the powers that we have access to. Except that we can port children away fairly easily."

-Easy for you. You were not there. Instead, you were having a good time with Frehelvi.- R.I.S.A. retorted. It was more playful than angry, though.

Caleldir grimaced. "Please do not remind me."

"I think they blame Ethefein for that setback of theirs. According to Ashyr, he looked absolutely awful and was left alone with his exhaustion and the children. It probably would have been easy enough for us to just pick them up physically and walk off with them. They did not have enough people to take care of them," Tsabdrin said, annoyed.

"It would make the most sense for them to blame the person responsible for taking care of the children, yes," Caleldir said in a dry tone. "And from what little I have heard, the mission sounds to have been rather simple. I think R.I.S.A. is just being catty."

-I wouldn't do that...- R.I.S.A. said, falling back to her former A.I. unemotiveness. Albeit a slightly smug one.

"Moving on. Caleldir, do you think you would be able to do most of the negotiating? I know you are not drow, and not used to that sort of thing, but I have to be able to concentrate on mind-reading and not on social maneuvering," Selene asked as she shifted closer to Caleldir.

"I would be happy to do the actual negotiation. I have some experience in diplomacy, after all. The only issue is that I am still not familiar enough with drow aristocratic niceties to do a convincing job of my cover identity. I will need some coaching."

"I will coach you until we hear back from them, then," Selene decided. Then a soft grin twitched at the corner of her face, a very subtle echo of an Ashyrian expression. "And perhaps 'coach' you in other drow things as well. Anatomy is useful to be knowledgeable of." Though she had had the unpleasant reminder about her experience with her cousins, more immediate in her mind was the memory that Caleldir had been gone and in another woman's clutches. She was not done 'cleansing' him of her.

Tsabdrin rolled his eyes. At least in this particular situation, he didn't have much to be jealous of. In this, he was interested in neither party, which usually wasn't the case. "I'll leave you to it, then. See if R.I.S.A. needs help with the children." Of course she didn't, as she always had just the right amount of hands. The perfect caretaker, really. He admired her for that. With that on his mind, he got to his feet and made his way out of the room towards the children's quarters.

-I can use some masculine help.- R.I.S.A. said cheerfully. -Boys and girls need both sexes around on occasion, after all.-

"Master Librarian..." Selene said in a sultry voice as she turned herself more fully towards him.

"I suppose that an anatomy lesson is often a necessity. And, on a completely unrelated note, lessons on how properly to behave when having sex in public seems to be a minor necessity in drow culture," Caleldir said, keeping the fake formality.

-One of these times when you are having fun with the Master Librarian, Selene, please invite me. For now, I leave you two together.- And with that, R.I.S.A. disaparated away.

Alone with Selene, Caleldir grinned at the woman turning towards him. "Today you are the Mistress," he said in a tone of playful respect. "I look forward to your teachings."