A Drow's Dilemma Ep. 97: Succubus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And what could you possibly have to offer me?" Dahlia interrupted with a pointed look at her face and then her stomach. "You aren't good, you aren't evil. You are wholly uninteresting." She narrowed her eyes. "Oh! Unless you are offering to become a succubus and are giving that child to me." Her tail twitched and her nostrils flared. "She tastes of potential. She would be a wonderful cambion..." It was difficult to tell, but her black eyes twitched as if she was looking at the two pale people in the room.

Selene's teeth bared in hostility for a moment. "No, demon. You are not having me or my daughter," She said through gritted teeth and with hands clenched into fists.

The demon laughed in amusement. "Oh, so it is a little girl. I was only guessing." Her last sentence took on a taunting, sing-song quality. "We're not in the business of taking children at the moment. We don't have the resources for expansion," she said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "But really. What is it that you want? A little poetic vengeance? I have been known to indulge in that sort of thing. But make it good."

The pregnant mage took a steadying breath. "I am well-aware of how you and your sisters cherish vengeance. And I know of a group of people who rape and murder their female kin who need to be punished. But we need something done first - it's simple; we just want to find someone who is in one of your realms."

Dahlia scoffed incredulously. "That isn't how things work, dear. You call us, we exact vengeance, everyone gets what they want. I am not some errand girl."

Selene huffed. The succubus had managed to put her off-balance so effortlessly, and it left her unable to properly negotiate. For the time being, her male relatives were keeping silent. They knew the danger they were in at the hands of 'Dahlia.' Sidhriia was watching, waiting, learning. But also silent.

"We are not offering the unborn," Risa interjected. "The grown are more interesting for someone of your status. Unless the unborn are the unconceived. I know how much succubi are interested in producing natural daughters of their own kind." Which was a roundabout way of putting it. What succubi were truly interested in was the place where born succubi came from: a sufficiently powerful incubus. And the rare individuals that could be turned into an incubus. As Sornamal knew. But Risa was not going to make that offer, only vaguely imply it. "I did put out the call because we are missing someone important. Someone who would be very, very grateful to be found. Grateful enough to offer you the sorts of rewards that might tempt you." If the succubus Dahlia was of even average intellect for her kind, she would have little trouble seeing through Risa's implications, nor could she fail to notice the lack of promises, and easily infer that to mean that Risa was unable or unwilling to actually make that offer. But, on the other hand, bait dangled could still be caught. It was a delicate dance, negotiating with a succubus. Definite, binding contracts, veiled promises, innuendo, implication, and trickery all were to be expected. The ancient AI knew the game well.

Dahlia listened to the strange not-quite-succubus's words with pursed-lipped curiosity. It was interesting to see that creature maneuver as one of her sisters might. Dahlia, of course, followed the implications and the promises not quite given. It was fortunate for that strange creature that there were a couple of very interesting people in the room, otherwise, Dahlia would have decided that her time was being wasted and she would have left. Who in their right mind made empty promises of rewards that might be given?

On the other hand, Caleldir was aware of the dance as well. "We do not ask for an errand, but for an alliance," he said quietly. "This is a woman that we really, really need back. We are willing to negotiate a price for your services. But if such things are tedious for you: if you were to find the one whom we seek, then you could demand a price for her return. One that we would have to consider, no matter how steep."

"I may be willing to cooperate," the succubus said. "But there is one problem; I do need to eat, you know." A little smirk twitched at the edge of her lips, and she crossed her arms under her breasts. This, of course, had the subtle effect of her flesh being pressed together and her cleavage becoming more pronounced. "If I am going out on this grand search for this very important person of yours - which may be an impossible endeavor from the start - then all my time and energy will be spent on that and not on getting sustenance. You will have to provide me with someone pretty to play with. Someone who can give me lots of energy. Really, it's in your best interest to give me the tools to be the best I can be."

Ah yes, the eating question. Succubi enjoyed, and usually required at least a little bit of the same foods as mortals, but their main diet was more... interesting. Caleldir's eyes popped a bit when the succubus casually accented her breasts as she did. Blushing, he forced his eyes up and away.

Well, it was something, Selene figured. "You can feed off of Risa. She has dealt with your kind before." The pregnant drow hoped that their demigoddess didn't mind being volunteered.

Risa twitched a little when Selene offered her as food for the succubus. That was not going to go well.

The demon winced and sucked in a breath through her teeth. "Can't be done, I'm afraid. Your friend has had a little too much contact with my kind. She would not make for a satisfying meal at all. No, I would need someone more... substantial." Again, her black eyes moved briefly toward Sidhriia and then settled for a couple of seconds on Caleldir before her gaze went back to Selene, and then to Risa.

The succubus's reaction was predictable. "While I am certainly not going to deny the possibility that Dahlia and I can have some fun," Risa winked at the succubus "she is right, I would not make for a nourishing meal. More like a pleasant snack. Same for me as for her." She looked over at Dahlia, considering where her eyes went. Exactly as predicted. Tsabdrin was neutral, and rather dull by succubus standards. Sornamal was also neutral, but while the old mage's power made him interesting, there were others in the room far more appealing to one of her kind. Sidhriia was young, pure (well, mostly), and exceptionally good. A succubus would love to feed off of her. But Caleldir was the real prize.

-I think that we should offer Sidhriia as the succubus's bedmate before the job, with the opportunity to have Caleldir for a session after it.- Risa thought to Selene. -I can put some permanent wards on Sidhriia to prevent her from being harmed by such contact, and we can put a watch on her while the succubus is with her. That should partly mollify your father. Since Caleldir is the one that she wants much more than Sidhriia, we should keep him as a reward for cooperation, rather than offering him to begin with. Unless you have a better idea?-

Selene's lips thinned in thought. No time to think for a very long time, though; that 'Dahlia' succubus would become suspicious.

"I have a proposition for you then, Dahlia," Selene said only after a couple second's worth of delay (the fact that mental communications did not take as long as the traditional spoken was often a great boon to the party). "Since you do have to eat and our task for you would be taking up your time to pursue other 'conquests,' we will let you spend time with Sidhriia. -But! Before you get too excited, we will guard her against soul-stealing and succubizing. For you are permitted to do neither. You also may not do anything with her unless she agrees to it. One of us will watch you at all times. If you break the contract, the consequences will be dire. We have been kind to you so far; do not give us a reason to change our attitudes.

Sornamal let out a disgusted little noise and folded his arms tight across his chest. He and his daughter met eyes for several seconds, their expressions twitching slightly. Then the old arcanist deflated into a more acceptive posture and tilted his head downward a moment to let the rest of the party know he had been persuaded. Not made to like the plan, though, but, by the expressions of the rest of the drow, no one really liked the plan. Even the youngest among them had a grim expression. She knew it needed to be done, though, to save her matron. This 'Ashyr' seemed to be an exceptional woman.

"There are... things that I would rather have," Dahlia said slowly. A toothy grin spread across her face. "The stronger person I have, the better fed I will be, and the more use I can be to you and your party."

A stubborn look flitted across Selene's face before it was stifled. "And if you prove yourself to be helpful, then 'better fed' you may be. We are very generous to our allies."

The succubus didn't look surprised at that response. "Alright. Fine. I will begin my search for your friend. Luckily for you, I have recently eaten. Let me go get my things in order and make some preparations. In a few hours, I will be back for my 'dinner.'" She gave the young albino a wink and a grin. On a less demonic face, it might have looked friendly. On a creature like Dahlia, it just looked... unsettling. "Unless one of you has anything more to add?"

Of all the people observing the exchange, only Risa seemed to be pleased with the results. Caleldir certainly seemed disgruntled. Not that any result would have satisfied him at this point. He also noted the very clear implications in Selene's promises to keep the succubus 'bettter fed' if she found Ashyr. This was not something that he found particularly encouraging.

Risa did, though. "The only other thing I have to add at this point is that, if you bring in some of your sisters to assist in the search, we will find a way to pay them as well." Her eyes flitted over to Caleldir meaningfully. "Of course, you may want to keep the rewards to yourself." Which would be better, actually. If Dahlia was completely unwilling to bring in other succubi, it would be because she was intending on just using Caleldir as a few meals. If she wanted to incubize him, she would have to bring in a goodly number of her sisters. The more succubi that Dahlia called on to help with the mission, the more they would have to watch her for a double-cross. "Within reason, of course. We cannot feed an entire Seduction." Well, in theory, they could, but they did not want to. "Keep in mind that we also have a number of exceptionally evil drow men to feed to you as permanent gifts as well, should you find our Ashyr."

"I do like a few exceptionally evil men to pad out my diet." Dahlia mused as she shifted her weight to one hip, accentuating the curves of her body. "Rapists are my favorites. They whine so piteously when the tables have been turned." She smiled to herself, and her eyes went distant for a moment. "They are rapists, right?" She waved her hand and chuckled. "Who I am kidding, they're drow."

Caleldir grimaced at Dahlia's fond memories of consuming the souls of the wicked, while Risa seemed much more nonchalant. Grimacing aside, though, Caleldir did not pity Dahlia's victims. He was aware, contrary to common knowledge, that overwhelmingly succubi could only consume the souls of the truly wicked: for a neutral soul was a rather bland thing that was not worth the effort of consumption and the souls of the good could not be so taken. So almost by definition, anyone she had taken the souls of would have had to have deserved it.

Not that everyone she could have killed or raped deserved it. That was terrifically unlikely.

"They are rapists, Dahlia. And forced impregnators," Selene confirmed with a hard, flat voice.

Selene's tone affected Caleldir more than a little, as the concerned expression on his face showed. But he said nothing.

The succubus grinned to show suddenly unnaturally sharp teeth. "Oh, excellent. Well. I must say; I am happy with this arrangement. For now, I will keep it to myself. I'm not really in a sharing mood at the moment."

Risa relaxed more than a little (internally only, of course). That meant that while she wanted to feed off of Caleldir, she was not at the moment intending to incubize him. Not that Risa would not stay alert in case the succubus double-crossed them.

"We will see you when you get back," Caleldir said quietly.

"Goodbye for now, then. And I will see you a bit later, my dear." She gave her own hand a lingering kiss and moved even more languidly to blow said kiss at the young drow in question. Then, crimson fire flashed dully and she went back to wherever it was she called home.

Once the demonic woman left, Sidhriia wrinkled her nose and turned into Caleldir to feel his warmth against her body. For a moment, she wished it could have been the touch of skin-to-skin... but her father and brother were there. They would make it weird. -I do not think I like that creature- She signed to the people present.

-Most succubi are a dangerous, scheming, wicked lot.- Risa said mentally to those present (mostly Sidhriia). -But as long as they are kept firmly in hand, you need not fear interacting with her. I think that you will even have fun, Sidhriia.-

-I know, Riia- Sornamal signed to his youngest daughter. -Come here. We need to talk, then Risa and I will put wards on you-

-Yes, we need to put a whole bevy of wards on you now. I would also like to discuss with Sornamal on some ideas I have to give you temporary magical hearing?- With that, she followed the father and daughter out of the room, parting ways with them to go set up the ritual site while they talked.

"I have to go tend to my companions," Tsabdrin announced, then left to do just that.

With everyone else gone, it was Selene's turn to seek out closeness with her future consort. Except the older sister was much more subtle about it than the younger. Her red eyes met Caleldir's blue and communicated the warmth she felt towards him. Her words, however, were more businesslike. "Let us go back to Risa's dimension. I could use a bath and a massage after dealing with that thing." While she was slightly unsettled, it was mostly just an excuse.

Caleldir nodded to Selene. He saw through her but did not begrudge her desire to be close to him. Obviously. "Then we are off. We have a lot to talk about, I am certain."

"A few things," Selene agreed. Mostly, it was about her newfound little sister and Dahlia. In the comfort and intimacy of a bath of the perfect temperature, Selene could relax and open up about her feelings. Well. As far as Selene ever 'opened up.'

Finally in the warm- sweet-smelling water, Selene expressed her surprise that she was not as jealous of a new sister as she thought she would be. Selene had been quite attached to the idea that it would be only her and Ashyr (and Risa and Althaia) for a few years. But the first time she saw the strange, pale beauty, she suddenly felt... 'okay with the situation.' That was all she was willing to reveal on that subject.

Caleldir was a pretty good listener. Especially to Selene, whom he cared about deeply. For the most part, as she talked he nodded, gave encouragement, and gave her a good, relaxing massage. He was pleased that Selene was not jealous or annoyed by Sidhriia, especially considering how different the two of them were from each other. He also noted, silently of course, with amusement that Selene was considering Risa and Althaia to be part of their strange little unit already. A point that gave him some pause and cause for wonder, though, was the one about how she was suddenly okay with the situation after seeing her. That was... interesting. He did not pry, but it was curious.

As for the succubus, Selene was more verbal in her dislike of her. Dahlia was probably going to try to betray them, but what choice did they have when Ashyr's life was on the line? Selene spoke aloud of the precautions she, herself was going to make against Dahlia doing something unexpected. In addition to all that Sornamal and Risa were going to do. Some of it required going out to the city with her brother - Caleldir was not coming; he needed to stay in the safety of her father's estate when they weren't going on important missions that required his assistance.

Caleldir shared Selene's instinctive dislike of the succubus. The only one in the group who actually was likely to like the demoness was Risa, and Risa was also the one most concerned about security since she understood the demons the most.

By the end of her time of relaxation (in which she only got 'distracted' once), Selene was keen on getting the preparations started before 'dinner.' She left Risa's dimension, grabbed Tsabdrin, and both of them left the house in disguise to pick up a couple of things. It turned out that Sornamal had a similar idea about getting supplies; they left with quite the list of things to retrieve.

Precautions, precautions, precautions. When dealing with beings as fickle, powerful, dangerous, and selfish as succubi, it was difficult to have too many precautions. So as Selene took her leave, Caleldir saw her and her brother off into the city. Now he was left to do his own part. He was a bit irked that Risa and Sornamal had not asked him to help with their rituals, but sometimes three was a crowd. And so, he decided to simply go out to the garden with some books and some of the instruments he had taken from the monastery, and start doing an analysis on Sidhriia's genetic structure. See if he could find out how she differed from her older female relatives like Selene.