A Drunken Tale Ch. 03

Story Info
Grant persists and it pays off.
2.2k words
4.61
34k
9
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 09/25/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mmm, that was the most wonderful dream," Grant said to himself as he happily rose to meet the morning. Mary had made herself part of his dreams and was a constant figure in his thoughts. He was so excited. He hadn't felt this giddy over a girl in as long as he could remember, and this girl brutally shut him down. He jumped into the shower and spent much more time primping than usual.

Grant decided since he didn't get her number, he simply had to make a house call, one that included flowers. At the flower shop, he couldn't choose. He didn't know what girls liked. He heard roses were the way to go but how cliché. He needed something special. Ultimately, he decided to go with the daisies. If they were lame he didn't know, but they sure looked cheerful and he thought that was just what Mary needed.

He drove to Mary's humming to himself the whole way. He popped out of his car proudly holding his little arrangement and nearly skipped to her door. He rang the doorbell and stood waiting, very impatiently.

Mary opened the door and Grant's mood dropped. She was pale, too pale, with dark circles under her eyes. She looked like someone just killed her father. Grant wasn't sure he should be there, but he wanted to help if he could.

"Hey Mary. I brought you these to brighten your day, and it looks like you need it. What's wrong?"

Mary knew how she looked. She looked that way nearly every morning. But inside the happiness was blooming. He came back. She dismissed him and he came back. She eagerly reached for the flowers and invited him in.

"I have trouble sleeping. Have had for a long time. It takes me a little while but once I get moving I look better. These flowers are beautiful though, thank you."

Grant sat on the sofa and waited for her return as she put the flowers in water. He pondered whether she had a sleeping disorder. Maybe she was an insomniac. He thought smugly, "I could tire her out." He immediately put that thought away. He reminded himself that she wasn't one of those girls, she was definitely something more.

Mary returned and sat in the chair across the room. She didn't want to seem aloof but she definitely wasn't going to sit right next to him. That could be awfully dangerous.

"So, not to be rude, but why are you here?"

"Well, I made the assumption that you didn't give me your phone number because you wanted me to just stop by." Grant gave a little chuckle to try to lighten her spirit.

Mary wasn't going to push him away again. Her instincts said not to, and even if she did ruin everything, at least she could prolong these wonderful emotions that she was feeling for a little while.

"Grant, I am really glad you came by. I feel like such a jerk for being so rude. You were nothing but wonderful and I kicked you out of the house. You didn't deserve it."

Grant was soaring again. She had wanted him to stay. She was glad he came by! Then he'll be coming by more.

"Don't worry about it, hun. You were just surprised to see a man here that you obviously couldn't remember. But that's neither here nor there. Would you like to do something today, with me?"

There were those butterflies again. Mary could hardly hold back her excitement.

"I would really like to. Lemme just go take a shower and get presentable. What are we doing?"

"It's a surprise, but where comfy shoes."

Trying her best to contain her excitement she tried to calmly leave the room. But, out of eyeshot, she jumped up and down and pumped her arm in and out in an "I scored" sort of fashion. She ran to her room and rushed through her cleaning and dressing routine, making sure to smell and look good for him.

While she was away Grant stood and looked at her photos. There were tons with her brother and her sister. It was obvious she adored both but judging by the pictures with her brother, she had a very specific adoration for him. It was heartwarming seeing her so happy in all of these pictures.

He turned at the sound of her and took in the wonderful view. She was wearing the most delicate white sundress and a cute pair of white Keds. She looked amazing. Her full lips gleamed with lip gloss and her beautiful hair was pulled back into a low pony-tail with a ribbon. He felt a familiar twitch in his pants which he quickly suppressed and walked with her to his car.

"So where are we going? I'm so curious."

"I told you it's a surprise, but I think you're gonna love it. By the way, you look...just so beautiful." Grant really couldn't believe his boldness but the look on her face made it completely worth it.

"Thank you, Grant. You look good too. I'm really happy you came by, I know I already said that, but I really am."

Grant smiled at her and made her heart skip a beat. His brilliant green eyes seemed to be taking all of her in, and she was willing to go. She couldn't believe the elation she felt.

As Grant continued driving, it was obvious where they were going. This rode only led to the Fair Grounds, and Grant was right, Mary was going to love it. It had been a long time since she went, the few friends she had thought the rickety machines were scary, and so they said it was juvenile to go to the fair.

Grant bought the tickets and then they debated which ride to go on first. He let Mary choose and she chose her favorite ride, the Orbiter. As they boarded it was obvious Mary was brimming over with excitement. The ride started and quickly it started forcing all the passengers towards the outer seat. This was just fine for Grant as Mary's body was pressed against his. He took the opportunity to put his arm around her and she didn't seem to mind one bit. She was shrieking with glee and Grant loved the sensation of having this little girl under his arm.

After the ride was over, it was Grant's turn to choose. So, he chose his favorite ride, the Gravitron. They walked into the dark, circular cavity of the ride and leaned against the side. The ride began to go, and they stuck to the walls. Both of them were laughing hysterically, when Mary turned herself upside down and struggled to keep her dress up. As the ride showed signs of slowing, she quickly righted herself, both still laughing.

Mary couldn't remember the last time she had so much fun. She felt amazingly comfortable with Grant if you ignored the sexual tension. She wanted him to take her into his strong arms, hold her close, and kiss her like she never had been kissed before. But, luckily when you're stuck to the wall, you didn't really have to worry about keeping those yearnings in check.

They spent the rest of the day choosing rides back and forth and laughing till their sides hurt. They snacked on amazingly unhealthy foods, and enjoyed each other's company to the fullest. As the night was beginning to fall, they had both grown tired. So they agreed to end their night on the Ferris Wheel.

The air was getting cool, and Mary got goose bumps from it. Grant moved closer to her and wrapped his arm around her. Mary felt so good. She took in the peace above her, and the laughter below. She reveled in his warmth, and laid her head upon his chest. She felt more content than she could ever remember.

Grant also felt the same. He lowered his nose to her hair and breathed her in deeply. This moment, once so fun and exciting, had quickly become one of the most intimate moments that he'd ever felt. He wanted her more than he could tell, but he dared not move. He felt as though if he moved, he would break the circle around them that separated them from the world.

The Ferris Wheel came to a halt at the very top. Mary thought this was the perfect time to talk to Grant, the perfect time to convey some of her fears. She lifted her head and looked into Grants eyes, studied his face.

"Grant, I need to talk to you about something."

"Is it something unhappy, Mary?"

"Yes, I guess it is. Is that a problem?"

"Nothing is a problem with you, hun. But, let's talk about it later and enjoy the now. I can't remember the last time another person made me feel as wonderful as you do. It's not very often you're stuck at the top of a Ferris Wheel with somebody that makes you completely happy. Let's enjoy it and postpone reality for a little bit."

She gave him the sweetest smile and her eyes glistened. Grant felt like his heart was going to burst. He reached softly for her chin and lifted her face. Slowly, lightly, he pressed his lips against hers. She tasted like honey to him, the sweetest honey he'd ever known.

Mary was nearly paralyzed with pleasure. Her senses were working in full force. The feeling of his arm around her, his body against hers, feeding her with warmth, his soft lips pressing on hers. She grasped at his shirt and kissed him back with all the emotion she had in her body. Hot tears of joy slowly trickled down her cheeks. Grant wrapped his other arm around her and held her close, as if he had read her mind. Mary wanted time to stop. She wanted to be stuck here, in his arms forever.

As though the ride had a mind of its own, it lurched forward and tore the two apart. They looked at each other in sheer awe. Both were surprised at the feelings that shot through both of them, like nothing they'd ever felt before. As they descended back down to the ground, harsh reality set in.

They left the fair hand in hand, fingers interlocked. Grant kept glancing over at Mary, watching different thoughts play on her face. It was almost like reading a book. And as they drove home, Mary stared out the window into the dark night, still in silent thought.

"Mary, is something wrong? Did I do something, move to fast?"

Mary turned her face to him. Her eyes were red and her lashes soggy, tears streaming down her fact.

"Oh baby, what's the matter? God, what did I do?"

Grant stopped the car as he pulled up to her house. He reached out to wipe away a tear and much to his surprise, she flinched.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Grant. You were...are absolutely perfect. I just, remember that I wanted to talk to you earlier? Well, I have to talk to you now."

Grant's stomach lurched. He was afraid of what she might say. Was she terminally ill, becoming a nun, a transvestite? He sat and waited and put on a brave face as he nodded for her to continue.

"Well, I...the short of it is, I ruin all my relationships. I've pushed every man away thus far and already tried to once with you. It's like I won't let myself be happy and I have no control of it. I guess you could say that I have 'issues.' I don't want to hurt you so I think we should stop this before your feelings are too invested."

"What makes you think my feelings aren't already invested. Anyway, you are the most wonderful person I think I have ever met, and now that I know you have 'issues' I won't let them get in the way. If you have the same feelings for me that I have for you, then I will not be pushed away. Let me ask you something. Did you have a good time with me today?"

"Yes."

"And did you enjoy that kiss earlier as much as I did?"

"Yes."

"And would you like to have more good times with me," Grant gave a little chuckle,"and maybe some more kisses?"

"Yes."

"Then I think we should allow ourselves to be happy and deal with the issues when we have to and not a moment before. Now, may I walk you to your door?"

"Yes."

Grant jumped out of his car and dashed around it to open the door for Mary. He reached out is hand to help her out of the car and they walked hand in hand to her door.

Grant stopped and looked down at her with a foolish grin.

"What are you smilin' about?"

"Well, this is a very important spot for us. This was the place where I first saw you throw up."

Mary let out a giant laugh and felt the leftover tension from before melt away. She through her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Grant looked down and brushed her lips with his.

"Thank you, Grant. Thank you so much."

"Goodnight, Mary. I'll be by soon."

She walked into her house, slowly shut the door and smiled to herself. She could hear Grant walking away, whistling a happy tune. She knew this was something different. He was something different.