A Fantasy about Love Pt. 02 - The Commitment

Story Info
Love is wonderful in all aspects - physically and emotionally.
38k words
4.75
6.3k
12

Part 2 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/13/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 5: A Challenging Proposal

The office was a drag on Monday morning. All work, redistributing responsibilities and among other things, preparing my trip to Melbourne and then, the other week, to Brisbane. There, one visit was to a satisfied customer, more a courtesy call from a new executive than anything else. The other one, National Transports, an Australia-wide transport company, but concentrating on Queensland and partly invading farther north, was something else. Peter had tried several times to sell our products and had come back every time defeated. He believed that it was not the quality of our proposals, but that the CEO, Mrs. Monahan, was the devil herself. She was never satisfied and always wanted more and expressed her opinion rather decisively. One of the problems was that she ran the company with an iron fist, and it was very profitable. What could we offer to be even better?

I had asked my people to do some research on methods of transportation in Australia and based on our contacts with the National Association of Transport Companies and our customers, we had a good picture of general information and the balance sheets of the major companies. Was there anything that in reality was different from what the official numbers showed? I remembered Maureen's comment on the illusion of reality and looked at the numbers again.

Compared to the competition, the percentages of their numbers on cost and expense looked fine, but what if I were to look at them in a different way? They had fewer trucks than the other companies, and if one calculated the cost of these trucks per unit the number was considerably higher. Analyzing personnel cost a similar picture developed. Perhaps there was a chance to propose to NT a detailed analysis of these and corresponding numbers and we might have a chance of a promising proposal. They charged high freight rates, using their exclusive location in the east and north of Australia. Had they found a market niche? I also remembered that I still had some data on American trucking companies lying around that might be interesting. I called my people in and suggested that we should work along this line and that I wanted ideas by tomorrow noon.

In the afternoon Peter walked into my office and closed the door.

"James, what happened between you and Maureen over the weekend? Her mother called me and was very troubled that her daughter came back from Sydney completely different from when she had left. She interrogated Maureen and she can be quite formidable! But the only answer she received that she had met a guy in my house, had gone out for dinner and to the opera, and that the rest was her own business. She was baffled, however, because Maureen was smiling most of the evening."

He started to smirk. Perhaps there was a payback for the Grange coming up?

"So, my friend asked me about the guy Maureen had met in my house and I had to tell her the truth about you: that you came from a well-known Nazi family, were a typical rancorous German, quite ugly, but she should not worry because you are gay. This did not calm her down, however, and she wanted your telephone numbers. Expect her to call you tonight."

He left my office and left me sitting there absolutely stunned. Nazi? Ugly? Gay? What had I done to Peter? I got up and walked over to his office.

"You have two options: you can confirm that you said this to Maureen's mother, and I am going to hit you. Remember that I go to martial art classes and have a fifth Dan black belt. Or you tell me what you really said, and we might continue to be friends."

He laughed and said that his comments were a bit friendlier and that I should not worry. I should still be prepared, however, to receive a call from the lady. And would I please tell him what had gone on with Maureen and me? Why was she smiling?

As I turned away, I told him that it was our own business. And would you please tell me who this lady is? Why her concern? Maureen is, after all, a grown-up woman."

'Well, I hesitate to tell you, but it is better now than that you are taken by surprise. Maureen's mother is the CEO of the transport company you are going to see next week."

"You must be kidding me! Maureen is the daughter of Mrs. Monahan, CEO of NT? Do you know the reason for this treatment? And why did you wait until now to tell me?"

Suddenly I remembered that Maureen had been introduced as Maureen Monahan, but I had not put all the information together, and this was stupid. Perhaps I was not thinking very rationally in her presence?

Peter looked uncomfortable and said that his parents had known Maureen's parents, but they had grown apart after her father's death. And Eileen had become a rather bitter and lonely woman, driven by her need to forget her husband. There had been problems between the two women, but that was a story she had to tell me. And why now? He reminded me that he had told me at the party that the young lady was the daughter of a business contact of ours in Brisbane?

¨I never thought, however, that things would become emotional between to two of you so, please forgive me. As you said, that is your business now. Good luck on both fronts - on one at least you will need it."

That certainly put more pressure on me - to confront one irate mother who thought that she had to protect her daughter, and at the same time she was a potential customer, who should look at me with friendly thoughts. Well, this was why they paid me my un-princely salary.

We worked through the afternoon and I made certain that I left before seven. Back home, I waited until the clock stroke seven and called Maureen. She picked it up on the first ring.

"Darling, how was your day? Did you occasionally think of me?"

She started to speak at the same time but stopped and let me finish.

"James, my love, it was awful. I could not concentrate on anything throughout the day and have been sitting before the phone for over half an hour. Why did you wait until now to call me? Don't you like me anymore?"

"Maureen, I do have a job and it was not very easy today. Miss Parker, my secretary even asked me whether I had any problems, because once in a while, my eyes seemed to have glazed over and I was visibly someplace else, but I managed to survive and did my job. Tell me, why is your mother mad at me? Peter walked into my office today and told me that he had gone through a cross-examination on who I was, what I did, whether I had already committed evil crimes, and so on, and on. He also told me that she would call me tonight to continue the questioning. What do I have to expect?"

Maureen told me to calm down - she had resolved or at least reduced the problem already. She had a major fight with her mother, had put her foot down that certain subjects were hers to resolve, and hers only, and that despite all her mother's interference, she still loved her. So, no phone call tonight and could we please talk about something else, like the tingling feelings she had when she remembered the moment at the Gap, and why my voice was so distant. I should be there taking her into my arms! And at this moment she would give me a completely free license to hunt freckles all over her body! But unfortunately, this license would expire on soon ... So what would I do?

I said that I had a vivid imagination and I did remember the Gap and the hunting license, and last night, after I had gone to bed, I had extended the license already to all of her delicious body. It did not help very much, because afterwards it was worse than before. And I was certain that tonight it would happen again. Perhaps we could caress each other in our thoughts together?

Maureen moaned a bit on the other side and asked me to stop, but that I would have my recompense in Brisbane. Before she hung up, I asked her whether she knew that I would make a business presentation to her mother's company in two weeks' time on Friday afternoon.

"I feel sorry for you already, darling. She is ready and waiting for you. Try to be objective and don't let her get you under your skin. She can be bad, but remember that that Saturday you will have a very loving daughter all for yourself. And just to make you jealous: I am inspecting very carefully and in loving detail all your properties. It tingles nicely ... So get yourself something to eat, have a drink, and think that one day has already passed."

It dawned on me that the daughter could also be evil, but that the rewards would be much greater.

So the two weeks went - hard work during the day where the presentation was coming together, running at night and punching the hell out of the big bag to reduce my tension, and the nightly phone calls that had me happy and frustrated at the same time. I had agreed with Maureen that I would arrive in Brisbane on Thursday night, would have dinner with my colleagues to go through the presentation once more, have the two meetings on Friday, reserving NT for the last, and she would pick me up at seven to go out for dinner. I had found that Jim Albright was a good analyst and a natural leader; he had just not been challenged before and I did this now with a vengeance. He helped a lot and I put him on my future promotion list.

The Melbourne meeting went well and there was enough interest to justify another meeting soon. I was puzzled: why was this company not going much faster? There was a bit of whining and complaining about the unfairness of life and the stupidity of customers and prospects, but nobody seemed to be willing to do something about it.

But then the day arrived: Brisbane, here I come!

The flight was quiet, and I chose to read a book, one of these airport spy thrillers, rather than go through my presentation for the umpteenth time. My colleagues were farther back and most seemed to sleep. Good for them; they did not have to do the presentation to the Iron Lady!

The weather in Brisbane was fine and hot; perhaps a good omen?

The first meeting went well, and the customer was happy with our products and service. After a short lunch we walked into the NT building and were escorted to the main meeting room. We set up our equipment and waited for the NT executives.

The door opened and there she was: the redoubtable Mrs. Monahan, accompanied by a lady and four men. I knew at that moment where Maureen had inherited her beauty. She was stunning - long red hair twirled into a knot at her back, severely dressed in a business suit, and decisively striding forward.

"Mr. Winter, this is the third presentation I receive from your company why we should change our ways - and we never saw any reason to do so. Why should we hear another one?"

There was a moment of silence and even her colleagues looked at her with surprise about this unnecessary aggressiveness. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

"Mrs. Monahan, I would first like to introduce myself and my colleagues before I will try to answer your question. I am new in the job as Manager of Large Customers and had considerable experience outside of Australia.¨

I told our names and positions, and she did the same for her people. Then I started with our presentation.

"Mrs. Monahan, we looked at all the data at our disposal and I have to admit that your company is doing an outstanding job. You are first in profitability, and among the first in market dominance in your region. There is not very much we could do for you here."

She looked at me in surprise and asked why we were there at all if we could not do anything. Again, her voice was extremely aggressive, and it seemed to be personal. My colleague looked at me and whispered that he had never seen such behavior before - even from her. I told him to relax.

"Mrs. Monahan, please remember that I said we could not do very much for you in this region, the East of Australia. We believe, however, that your company has everything to expand farther south, and our analysis has given us some ideas how this could be done."

¨Let's look at some of your numbers. Compared to your competition you are always among the best, but you are not the best - something that you could or even should be. What we could see from your freight cost looks OK, but if one goes into more details one can imagine that a better distribution of trucks and logistics could let you grow without any significant new investments. Let me show you a comparison with some American companies. A similar analysis can be made of your personnel cost."

And then I want into my spiel. I had rehearsed it well, and the date was not conclusive, but suggested a way to solid growth. She interrupted at the beginning several times, but slowly got involved and asked pertinent questions. Even her colleagues felt courageous enough after the first explosions to ask questions and suggest ideas.

I finished the presentation after almost three hours and was exhausted but satisfied. If she wanted to shoot me down, it would be for personal reasons, not for professional ones. We had done a first-class job.

"Mrs. Monahan, you asked us at the beginning what we could do for you, and that we had wasted your times already three times. I hope that this time the time was not wasted, even if you do not want to work with us. If you would agree to do this, I am certain that between your people and ours the presentation could become reality."

She looked at me for a long time and took a deep breath.

"Mr. Winter, I want to apologize for the way you were received here. It was not a good beginning, but you ignored it and did an excellent job with your presentation. I cannot tell you now whether we accept your ideas or not; there will be an internal discussion and we will advise you of our decision, but once more my and our thanks for a professional job well done. If we were to go ahead, you can be certain that we would ask you and your colleagues here to be personally involved. Thank you once more."

We shook hands and when we were leaving, Mrs. Monahan called me back.

"Mr. Winter, I must admit that you surprised me. I was ready to rip your head off and you took everything with serenity, answering with data and well thought through ideas. I start to see what my daughter sees in you and will let you and her go on your way without any interference. Let me just tell you, however, that if you ever hurt Maureen, you will regret it very, very much. I understand that you will see each other tonight and that you will stay until Sunday night. Have fun and come for lunch on Sunday to our house - perhaps a more personal contact can create a better relationship."

"Mrs. Monahan, I was warned by my people that it would be a tense meeting and I must admit I was not prepared for the initial tension. I believe that I understand your position as a mother but had hoped that you gave your daughter more credit than you seem to have shown. But this is now water under the bridge, and I am looking forward seeing you on Sunday. I promise that I will tell my colleagues that you were formidable, but not deadly."

"Is this what you were told?"

"Well, let me tell you that the recommendation was to keep my head down and survive. This is not my style, however, and I am satisfied that we finished the meeting this way. And, Mrs. Monahan, I enjoy challenges."

A small smile appeared on her face and she wished me good luck for the evening but said that Maureen would have to be home by midnight.

"Mrs. Monahan, with all due respect, can we leave this decision to your daughter? I have told her from my heart I would never push her, and that I would never take anything that was not freely given. She accepted this - will you also?"

She looked at me again and her face changed slowly from caution to respect.

"Oh, go away and have fun!"

We left the NT building and they turned to me complimenting me on the presentation and the taming of the shrew. I said that I had been presenting the proposal, but that we had worked together to achieve this, and that I was grateful for their support and competent work. They were going to have some drinks before taking the late plane to Sydney, but told them to go ahead, and that I was going to meet a friend and would stay a day in Brisbane.

"See you on Monday, and a great job done, my friends. We'll have a drink on Monday night, and the bill is on me!"

Off they went, and I returned to the hotel to shower, change and wait for Maureen. The night would be wonderful!

To my great and pleasant surprise, I saw a beautiful lady sitting in the Lounge. When she saw me, she jumped up and ran into my arms. She wore a short summer dress, with a generous décolleté, showing off her proud breasts. The dress accentuated her narrow waist and her slightly flaring hips, and most certainly her long legs that never seemed to stop, but the most beautiful sight was the happiness in her face, her grey-green eyes sparkling, and her luscious lips ready to be kissed. Her red hair was made up in a knot at the back of her head and it emphasized her long neck. She hugged me with all her strength and kissed me, not an affectionate kiss, but a kiss full of need and sensuality. Who was I to refuse this? I lost myself in her eyes and felt her body trying to glue itself to mine. I could feel her breast and especially her hard nipples pressing into me, and I loved every moment of it!

After a while I realized that people were looking at us and reluctantly let her go. She looked at with love in her eyes and gave me a warm kiss on my cheeks.

"James, I have missed you so much. I have been counting the days and hours, and I have been sitting here for over an hour hoping you would appear earlier. Why did you come so late? How did your presentation go? Any problems with my mother?"

I took her hands and led her to a chaise longue. I put my arms around her and whispered: "I missed you, too, dear. I was also waiting for this moment and am so happy to have you finally close to me. It is difficult to separate personal feelings from professional obligations, and these two weeks were pure hell for me, but I'm here now, and you are here, and we're together. This is how it should be every day!"

She nodded enthusiastically.

We took longer with our proposal than expected, and at the end, your mother asked me to stay for a moment. I was afraid that she´d make a scene, but she was completely different from what my colleagues had told me. Perhaps it helped that the presentation went well, much better than she had expected. The beginning was tough, and I expected to be torn apart - her first words were almost impolite in their aggressiveness - but that changed during the discussions. We had some final words about you and me and I told her that I respected her position as a mother, but this was our relationship and that you and I would decide where we would go - with all due respect, naturally, but now we have our time together. Let me go and have a shower and change, and we can go for dinner - and some dancing? I would dearly love to hold you again in my arms before all people."

She leaned into me and asked in a very seductive voice:

"Can I come with you? You have seen most of my body - it would only be fair to see yours!"

"No, ma'am. If you come up now, there might be a chance that you would not leave and I would be in serious trouble with your dear mother, and please remember that this is a step you have to think about. Now it is still wonderful fun with promises of an even better future, but that is a step you have to take consciously, not in the heat of the moment. I would love to take you to my room and not leave before Sunday, but I love you and respect you too much to do it now. Who knows whether you will be ready to take that last step, or when? All I can say now, both of us have to calm down and wait for the right moment."