A Few Thoughts From Melissa

Story Info
A few thoughts on the terrible tragedy.
462 words
4.1
27.3k
00
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mndom
Mndom
10 Followers

This is not really a short story but just a few thoughts. I hope someday I can truly understand what has happened and I will find closure in my life.

September 11, 2001. As Americans we have always had an air that we could not be attacked. Traditionally it has been because of our location, protected by two oceans. That was one of the many reasons why Hitler was not able to attack the U.S.

But I do not want to write a history paper but let you know what I think. I used to live in New York. Very recently I took a job in Canada. Being from New York, many of my coworkers want to know how I am feeling.

I am very scared. I don’t know what is happening. Suddenly terrorism seems to be something that can occur at a moments notice. It is a very real thing once again. I am not a violent person, but I do know that the US government will retaliate in some way. And when they do, what will stop other countries from joining in? What will prevent this from becoming a full scale war?

I am very scared. My brother is 20 years old. He is in college studying to be a teacher. What is to prevent him from being drafted? What is to prevent him from going to a war and dying? What is to prevent him from never coming home? I know many people don’t want to think these things, but I know I am not the only person in the same boat.

I have been crying for days and still do. I cry because I saw people jumping out of the WTC and plummeting to their death. I cry for all the children who will never have a mother or father because they were killed by the fires. I cried when I saw the towers fall, and I cried when I saw it again.

Together, we will make it through this disaster. Now is the time we must unite and be one nation. Please, I beg you, help people around you. Donate blood, money, and non-perishable foods. “United we stand, divided we fall”, is a quote that comes to mind right about now. We will make it through this, that I am sure of because I have seen the immense patriotism in the days that followed.

If I could make one last request: go to your friends, family, and loved ones and hug them. Tell them how much you love them. Tell them how much they mean to you. People like to know these things, and in case they have to leave, you will never regret not telling them.

God Bless you, your family, your loved ones, and America.

Mndom
Mndom
10 Followers