A Fool Stumbles Into Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One thing, actually the only thing, that really hurt was Maureen. Thinking back on Sandy, she hadn't really been serious, and if he'd been at all discerning he would have seen it. Shit, he'd never gotten any closer to her than the tavern.

Maureen was another story. Maureen had known what Sandy was doing, Maureen had made a fool of him at the pool table, and Maureen knew she was never in any danger from the bikers. He'd spent the better part of the morning being angry with her.

Later, near sunrise he realized what really bothered him. Why was he so angry at Maureen and had already forgotten Sandy? That's when it finally hit him! He was angrier at Maureen because he expected more. He expected more because he wanted more. Sandy was cool. She was pretty, and she was incredibly popular. But there was one thing that Sandy wasn't. Sandy wasn't Maureen!

All this time he'd diddling and fiddling around thinking abut the one girl, while he was seriously falling in love with the other one. He was in love. Old stupid Cal had fallen in love! He was in love with pool hustling, sharp tongued, karate chopping Maureen!

God was he glad he didn't get to the answering machine. He might have said something he'd regret. He got up off his ass, took a shower, slipped on an old faded gray T-shirt, a pair of old sweaty smelly jeans, and his work boots. He was a man with a mission!

Cal got to Maureen's parent's place a little after 10:00. Her car was still parked out front. He didn't bother to go to the door. He figured he better check what Lowe's had dropped off.

Walking around the corner he saw her. She was sitting on a lawn chair. It looked like she'd been crying. He quietly walked up behind her, "Did you check the product list?"

Maureen turned around, "Cal, I'm so sorry."

He ignored the comment, "I said did you check to make sure everything's here?"

She answered, "No, I..."

He reached out his arms and helped her out of the chair, "If I tell you something, will you promise not to beat me up?" He was smiling.

Maureen was fumbling around trying to think of something to say, "Cal, I."

He wrapped his arms around the woman he loved, pulling her in as tight as he could, standing a cool eight inches taller, feeling very manly, He asked, "May I have a kiss," he hesitated, "please?"

Maureen reached up and clasped her hands around the back of his neck, big hazel eyes awash with as yet unshed tears of happiness, bright red rosy lips puckered up, she said, "I love you Caleb Burkheim."

Their bodies pressed together, eyes closed, their lips touched. It was to be the first of many, a very great many kisses.