A Ghost of a Chance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sachiaiko
sachiaiko
1,049 Followers

“Mmmph?” Tristan murmured, blinking sleepy green eyes at the man he loved, then gave him one of those heart stopping smiles. “Sam.” He murmured, voice soft.

“Its almost Dawn.” Sam whispered, “Please don’t go.”

Tristan looked up at the sky, light beginning to creep up into the peaceful darkness, as if some one was slowly raising the curtains on a new day. “I don’t think I can stay.” He whispered, soft, sad, then wrapped his arms more fully about Sam. “I don’t know if I accomplished what I needed to.”

A tear escaped Sam’s eyes, rolling unheeded down his cheek, and Tristan joined him in the silent shedding of tears as the sun began to rise. “Sam...” Tristan began, his throat closing off and choking the words.

“I love you Tristan... I love you so, so much. When you go away, I will always remember our friendship, but when I think of our love... I’ll think of this, of holding you, of waking to you in my arms.” He whispered.

Tristan’s body suddenly began to glow, and with a cry, his head came back and he gasped a ragged breath. “Sam!!” he groaned, his voice shallow, and as suddenly as the glow began, it faded away, not so much like wisps of mist, but rather seeping into Tristan’s very skin, skin that had gone pale, an almost iridescent white. He blinked green eyes, eyes so green and inhumanely bright they reminded Sam of new grass. The blonde of his hair was now like burnished gold, beautiful, hallowing his head like strands of spun metal. “I’m staying.” He whispered, his eyes bright, his mouth pulled into a sudden grin.

“What? What?” Sam asked, suddenly excited, his heart doing flip flops as he grabbed Tristan and pulled him into a brutal kiss, then laughed softly. “You needed me to admit you loved you all this time?” He asked, shocked, and pleased, and utterly happy.

“Not just love me, but love me as a partner, as your other half.” He whispered, cupping Sam’s cheeks in his hands, gazing into his face. “I love you too, Sam. And now your stuck with me. Forever.” He whispered, nipping at his lower lip, then hugging him tightly.

“What are you now?” Sam asked, curling up in Tristan’s arms, cuddling in close.

“I’m sorta like the Christian idea of what an Angel is. My job will be to help people in need, and when I come home from working with despair and unhappiness every day, it will be to your arms. The powers that be thought I was worthy, but they weren’t sure. When... when we are created, we must have something good and pure to latch onto. So we are sent back to the one person who we loved above all else, and we hope beyond hope, that they accept us. If they do, without any constraints, then we are elevated, and we can stay. If they do not, we are forced to return.”

“Tristan?” Sam asked softly after listening to those words.

“Yea, love?”

“You’re my angel.”

And with those words, Sam and Tristan began their new life together, and all, was indeed, right with the world.

Thank you for reading my story! If you enjoyed it, please take the time to vote on it, it means a lot to me to see that people enjoy the things that come out of my mind. Oh, and I love feedback too! Let me know what you thought! Thanks again :)

sachiaiko
sachiaiko
1,049 Followers