A Ghostly Interlude

Story Info
Alan falls for a long-dead young poetess.
3k words
4.36
29.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sdwpthwlkr
sdwpthwlkr
29 Followers

Alan’s flashlight cut through the dust and gloom of the old attic, illuminating in small portions boxes and other sundry stored for no one knew how long. He had come to this house before, the first time as a teenager looking for a place to be alone. When he was told this house, only a couple of miles from his home, was part of the family estate, he investigated. It wasn’t a large house, but it offered some solitude from the pressures of his life. It was on one of these first trips that he stumbled on the picture in the attic. The picture was an old tintype of a young lady in her earl 20’s with light hair and dark eyes.

When he took the picture home and showed it to his mother, she told him her name was Sarah and she was a distant relative who had died of a tragic accident at a young age around the turn of the century. She had fallen down a flight of stairs and her neck broke in the fall. When Allan learned of Sarah’s story, he felt a kind of sorrow that someone so young and beautiful died in such a way. He hung the picture in his room and looked at it every day, wondering what she was like, how her voice sounded, the things she liked and didn’t like. Over the years, he visited the house often, searching it for other clues of Sarah. Most times he left empty handed and not a little frustrated. Once, in a chest in the attic, he found the dress she had worn in the picture. As he held it up, he heard a thump and looked down at the floor. A small leather-bound book had fallen at his feet. He set the dress down and picked the book up, opening the front cover. As he read the inscription on the inside of the cover, Alan felt his heart leap.

"Within these pages lies the thoughts and poetry of Sarah Corrington"

Alan went back in front of the house and sat on the dilapidated porch. He held the book on his hands and looked at the cover for a long time before he finally opened it again and began to read. Thoughts and images from the past trickled through his mind and he saw that Sarah was not so different him, almost a century not-with-standing. She had her troubles and tribulations, but she kept a sense of humor through them all. Most of all, she had a poet’s soul and expressed her passion for life in ways he hadn’t imagined were possible. Her poetry astounded him in both its simplicity and at the same time, it’s complexity. He read until the sun was about to set and reluctantly trudged home.

Alan thought of Sarah over the years, even when he went away to college. Among the possessions he took with him were the picture and the book. During the summer breaks he would come home and ultimately visit the old house. Sometimes in the house, he would close his eyes and he could almost hear Sarah’s voice floating through the halls and rooms, or her fingers brushing his cheeks and lips. Alan wrote this off to his over-active imagination. Now, several years after he had first come here, he stood in the attic again, breathing the dust and wondering where he should start searching. He had gotten a late start and the sun was already setting behind the horizon, reds and golds blazing the sky. He moved over to one box he hadn’t looked through and sat, preparing to take a peek at its contents. No sooner than he laid his hands on the lid however he heard a scuffling noise from downstairs. Knowing no one else was supposed to be there, he decided it must just a stray cat that got in through a broken window. He was just opening the box when he heard a distinctly human voice call out.

"Hello, is anyone home?"

Alan immediately jumped to his feet and went down the stairs to where the front door was. As he got to the door, he saw the locks were still in place. Puzzled, he turned around and was treated to a strange sight. All the dust in the house was gone and light flooded the hallway and rooms. Alan glanced at his watch to confirm that it was indeed 9:30 at night, the sun having set almost an hour ago. Shaking his head, he tried to make sense of what was happening. He heard the voice call again and followed it to the back of the house, marveling along the way how fresh, bright, and clean everything seemed to be. As he came around the corner to the kitchen, Alan saw a young woman standing with her back to him. She had long pale blonde hair and was wearing an old-fashioned dress made of some blue material. Something familiar struck him about her, but he couldn’t place it. He cleared his throat and she turned to face him.

Her dark eyes focused on him and a flash of a smile crossed her face. The sense of familiarity grew stronger in Alan and he began to wonder if he was dreaming all these things. He looked closer and saw she was wearing a simple black choker around her neck. The realization of whom she was crashed through and his eyes widened with shock.

"Who are you?" she asked him in a light voice, softly sounding in the depths of his mind.

"I … uh… I’m, I’m Alan," he managed to stutter, "and you…you’re…"

"And who do you think I am?" she inquired with a wisp of a smile on her lips.

"You’re Sarah Corrington," he gasped. Alan thought to himself, "this must be a dream."

"So you know me?"

"I know of you, and have wanted to meet you for so long now," he blurted out before he knew what he was saying. It seemed silly to be saying such things to her of all people.

She looked at him with a grin that melted his heart. She spoke to him lowly and with a husky voice, "Wanted to meet me? Or just plain wanted me?"

He spoke again without thinking, "Both. You’re so beautiful, but I never thought I’d meet you. You were always so far away."

She stepped closer and placed the tip of one perfect finger on his lips. "Shh, I know Alan. I’ve known about you for a long time now. I see you sometimes when I dream at night." With that she reached up, slid her hands around the back of his neck and drew his head down for a deep kiss. "If this is a dream," he thought, "I don’t want to wake up." She stepped back from him and made a motion for him to follow her. Alan trailed behind her as she walked through the house to one of the bedrooms. Sarah turned to address him. "It seems my cousins aren’t home right now. It would seem to be such a waste of a perfectly good opportunity." She opened the door and stepped inside the bedroom with Alan right behind her. He could see the sun shining brightly through the window. She faced him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Kiss me again Alan, like you did before."

He bent his head and kissed her like she asked, their lips pressed together and their tongues dancing. He realized he could smell the faint scent of jasmine on her and it made his head swoon. He felt her reach behind herself, but before he could wonder why, the dress suddenly loosened itself on her body. She took a step back and looked up into his eyes with a smoldering expression.

"I think it’s a bit hot in here, don’t you?" With that, she let dress drop away and stood before him in a half corset and old fashioned women’s underwear that reached part of the way down her thighs. She reached out and ran her hands over his chest through his shirt, "Don’t you think you might be a bit more comfortable with out this on?" her hands grasped the bottom of his shirt and tugged upwards. He lent his own hands to hers and together they pulled his shirt over his head and off. She took the shirt and tossed it over a chair in the corner. Sarah pulled her hair over one shoulder and asked while turning her back to him, "Would you be a gentleman and undo this corset please? It’s awfully constricting." He moved forward until their bodies were almost touching and began to fumble with the lacing in the back of the corset. While his hands worked, he leaned over and kissed her bare shoulder. She sighed when she felt his lips touch her. As the lacing came free and allowed the corset to drop to the ground, he slid his hands around to her front and took the fullness of her breasts in his palms. He kissed up her shoulder to her neck, at the same time teasing her nipples with his thumbs. She leaned her head back against him and just enjoyed the sensation. Alan’s hands moved over her stomach and the tops of her thighs. She sucked in a breath as he brushed the top of her pubic patch. He moved his hand lower and felt the dampness and warmth coming from inside of her. He cupped her sex and rubbed her through the material, hearing her breath get deeper. She moaned softly as her hips pumped forward slightly, in response to the pleasure he was giving her. His fingers traced the line of her lips upward till they reached her clit where he teased it gently. His other hand still toyed with her breast and soon she was shuddering, on the way to the edge of orgasm. He kept going until she cried out and her body became rigid. Alan watched her face as she climaxed.

When she started to come down, he guided her over to the bed, laying her down and leaning over her body to kiss her. Their tongues intertwined and again he caught the scent of jasmine. His hands roamed over her body until they got to her underwear, where he tugged them over her hips. She lifted her body and he dragged them down her legs and off, taking time to unlace her shoes, and pulled them off also. With those He kept going until she cried out and her body became rigid. Alan watched her face as she climaxed. When she started to come down, he guided her over to the bed, laying her down and leaning over her body to kiss her. Their tongues intertwined and again he caught the scent of jasmine. His hands roamed over her body until they got to her underwear, where he tugged them over her hips. She lifted her body and he dragged them down her legs and off, taking time to unlace her shoes, and pulled them off also. With those articles of clothing cast aside, he worked his way back up her legs, kissing gently a trail to her waiting sex. Alan blew a light breath over her and Sarah jumped slightly. He bent his head forward until his lips were just barely touching her. His tongue snaked out and traced a line up her lips until it barely grazed her clit. She let out a loud moan and her legs trembled slightly. Pursing his lips, he kissed her clit, sucking on it gently. Gradually, he went from top to bottom to top again, taking his time and enjoying himself. He eventually came back to her clit and began making love to it with his mouth, lips, and tongue in earnest. Sarah’s body began to tremble and jerk in the throes of ecstacy and this only encouraged alan. He redoubled his efforts and soon had her gasping, on the edge. She begged him for release and he relented, sending her into oblivion. Her body could no longer contain itself, and shook wildly as her orgasm consumed her. He looked up to see her face and the look of utter bliss upon it. He continued to draw out her orgasm until the last possible minute. After a while, as must always happen, Sarah started to descend from her orgasmic paradise. Alan let off with his tongue and sat back, content to just watch her as she lay there. She lay still for a little while, then rolled over onto her side to look at him.

Their eyes locked and without thinking, he moved to her side. He reached out and softly stroked the side of her face. She took his habnd and, kissing it briefly, pulled on it, bringing him onto the bed with him. No sooner than he settled his body on the bed did she straddle him and began kissing him again. His hands wandered over her skin, touching it with a light grace. She kissed her way down his neck to his chest, her hands working at his belt buckle. She undid the buckle, the button, and zipper all within a few seconds. Sarah sat up and pulled on his pants and undershorts. She tugged them over his hips, his proud member springing free. As she took his pants off, he kicked his shoes from his feet, hearing them thump on the floor while he worked the socks off with his toes. She removed his pants and tossed them over by his shirt. She kissed her way up his thighs. When she reached his tool she stopped to give it a kiss on the tip, then slid it between her lips. Her tongue twirled around the tip as her mouth moved up and down his shaft. She let him slide out of her mouth and ran her tongue down to his balls. She snaked her tongue around them and his eyes rolled back in his head. She grasped his hardness and pumped her hand up and down. Alan felt as if he were ready to blow. Sarah looked up at him and stopped. She glided her body up his, grazing him with her skin. She reached his ear and whispered.

"Not yet, lover. I want to feel you inside of me. I want to feel you fill me." She raised her head just enough to kiss him while she reached down and guided his manhood into position. In one swift motion, she engulfed him entirely. His body felt as if it was on fire and she was the only way to cool down. Sarah didn’t move for what seemed like the longest time, but Alan wasn’t about to complain. She looked him in the eyes and they stayed that way for a long moment. She began moving her hips up and down, sliding him in and out. She sat up and placed her hands on his chest, giving her the leverage needed to bounce energetically. He watched her and was amazed by how beautiful she looked, even more so than in the picture. She tossed her hair to the side and bent down to kiss him, her lips running over his lightly. He moved his hand between them and caressed her clit with his thumb. She sat bolt upright and moved faster. He could feel her muscles tightening around him and she exploded into orgasm. He kept the pressure on until she couldn’t hold herself up anymore, and she collapsed on his chest.

He withdrew his hand and, putting his arms around her, rolled her over onto her back. She moaned softly under him. Alan looked down and moved his hips slightly. Sarah felt him move and moaned louder. He brushed a stray hair from her forehead and began pumping his hips in and out. She moved her hips in time with his. He kept his pace steady and slow, enjoying the feeling of their bodies moving in unison. Her hands came up around him and her nails scratched light patterns on his back. He lowered his body and head till he could take one of her nipples in his mouth. Alan kept up this tempo for a long time, Sarah plunging into orgasm twice more from the combined movement and added pressure on her clit with his thumb. After a while, he could feel the pressure in his testicles announcing he would soon spill his seed into her. Sweat dripped from his face when she took it in her hands and looked him in the eye.

"Do it for me Alan, let me feel you come inside me," she commanded him. His hips picked up their pace in response and his head spun. The world seemed to turn inside out. It was night and day at the same time, light and dark. Alan could make sense of nothing other than this moment of orgasm. His vocal ability was reduced to mere grunts and guttural moans. His blood rushed in his ears and his heartbeat sounded as a drum in his head. His body stiffened and he couldn’t move a muscle. Suddenly, his body loosened and his limbs would not support him anymore. He collapsed onto Sarah, feeling her stroke his hair and telling him to sleep. He gladly allowed the darkness claim him with her arms wrapped around his body.

When Alan awoke, the house was dark again. He lay on a dusty coverlet on a musty. His clothes were draped over a chair in the corner and his body felt as if he had been put through a blender on high. He looked around and wasn’t surprised to see that Sarah was gone. Had he dreamed it all? He had just about decided he had, when he sat up and discovered he was holding a simple black choker. It was the same one she had been wearing around that flawless neck. As he stared at it, he began to laugh softly and with a trace of sadness. This was all she had left him, along with the faint scent of jasmine in the air.

sdwpthwlkr
sdwpthwlkr
29 Followers