A Gift in Disguise Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Talespin
Talespin
310 Followers

"First, Emily, this is Tom Connors. Tom, this is Emily Feinstein."

She stood, and we shook hands.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Tom. I've looked at everything about you sent to Marta, but it's always helpful to meet and talk with our clients in person."

Whereas people meeting Marta Cruz for the first time could easily mistake her for an actress or somewhat older model, no one would make that mistake with Emily Feinstein. She had a plain looking face with very little or no makeup, black eyebrows, noticeable but not ugly fine darker hair above her upper lip, pretty eyes overshadowed by nerdy eyeglasses with unfashionable thin black frames. Her hair was closer to being short than long; it was difficult to tell because it looked as if hairstyle was the last thing on her mind. She looked more Big Bang Theory than New York Law. Of course, she wasn't a lawyer; she was Marta's paralegal. Though Emily had graduated law school, she decided she simply didn't want to be a lawyer. Emily had a very nice smile and a warm friendly manner. She certainly had quiet confidence. Given her loose-fitting, rather casual attire, about the only thing I could say about her figure was it appeared weight proportional to her 5-foot-5-inch height. Still, even in her plainness or maybe because of it, there was something sexy about Emily Feinstein. Maybe it was the impression that she would prefer to be reading a book or otherwise enriching her mind rather than standing in front of a mirror worrying about the placement of every hair and the perfect match of her attire with her lipstick.

"Thank you, Emily. It's nice to meet you, too." She returned my smile when we made eye contact. Not hot, not cold; probably just pleasant, professional.

We took our seats around the conference table. The only seat remaining for me was between Jamie and Kim. All the seats had been arranged so everyone could see the projection screen on the wall. There was a Cat-5 cable from a wall receptacle to the table. Jamie brought a box to the table and removed the two prototype phalluses from it. Both were obviously flaccid. One was already mounted on a base, but the other had not yet been mounted. Each base had a cable receptacle on it.

"These are the two prototypes we've prepared. One is for Lorraine and the other is for Kim," Jamie explained. "Each is electronically identical but physically proportioned for the person who will wear it. As Amanda would tell you, there is no meaningful correlation between penis size and body size in the real world. A very small man can have a very large penis, whereas a large man can have a small one. Consequently, in sizing a prosthetic penis, the size will pretty much be determined by what is most comfortable for the ultimate recipient. That's why each one will have to be custom-tailored to the end-user.

We all understand that our sexual responses are processed and controlled by our brains, not by our genitalia. But our brain depends heavily on the external stimuli it receives to calculate and then coordinate our sexual responses. The penis is a host for a variety of neurosensors. Those sensors receive tactile information, then transmit it through the neural system to the brain. The brain in turn processes that information and other information from other bodily sensors, then sends the appropriate commands over the same neural system to all the other systems that result in erection, intercourse, sometimes orgasm, and ejaculation in men and sometimes women, too.

With our prototype phallus, we've been able to approximate some of the penis's sensory functions as well as some of its physical ones. The challenge for us in developing a truly artificial replacement penis for a man is in the exchange of neural impulses between the phallus and the man's remaining neural system. A secondary but related challenge is in what we could crudely call the 'plumbing' interface between the man's remaining urogenital components and the artificial penis. Remember, this phallus is being designed to not be surgically attached to the wearer. It is being designed purely for temporary wear to help the wearer regain lost sexual pleasure and activity at some level.

Of course at this preliminary stage of design and testing, finding a suitable male subject for testing would be difficult if not impossible. And in fact, it's actually easier to design this phallus for a woman to wear and use comfortably and pleasurably. The physical placement of extrusions and tiny electrodes on the surface that is attached via medical adhesives to a woman's genitalia essentially provide the external stimuli she would experience having sex with another partner or even masturbating herself. There would be no real need for a 'plumbing' interface unless the woman wearer is an ejaculator. Even then, the design might simply involve a hidden release opening that would allow her ejaculate to escape just as it would if she were not wearing the phallus. It may prove to be more successful to design for a woman then adapt the design to an intended male.

Still, Amanda is continuing to try and come up with a urogenital interface for both men and women phalluses. Ultimately we hope this will result in more convenient and sanitary use.

With that in mind, let me demonstrate the basic application and operation of our two improved prototypes. This blank base has an anatomically accurate molded replica of the wearer's mound area. It has transmitters and receptors that approximate those of the intended wearer. This prototype happens to be the one designed and fitted for Kim.

Now I'm going to use this surgical cement to carefully affix this prototype phallus to the base. This is exactly how it would be attached to Kim."

Jamie expertly made the attachment in less than two minutes. Then she put the just-completed base and phallus aside.

"The surgical adhesive needs to cure for at least ten to fifteen minutes," she explained. "So rather that wait for the adhesive to cure, I'll continue the demonstration with the second phallus I've already mounted earlier today. This one is the one designed for and fitted to Lorraine."

She plugged in the cable, and immediately several horizontal lines, each representing the waveform of a sensor, appeared on the projection screen. All of the lines were relatively flat.

"You'll notice the phallus is completely flaccid. In the first prototypes I made for Lorraine and Kim, both were completely erect just like a commercial dildo you might buy at a sex shop. However, Tom recalled an article about a semiconductor plastic material made under contract for NASA to use as an electrically-activated sealant in spacecraft. When an electric current was applied to a tiny wire embedded in the material, the material expanded to seal a duct or fissure much as a bladder might be inflated by air or liquid to seal something. Once the electric current was removed, the sealant returned to its original size and shape. The exact size and shape taken by the sealant was determined by the shape and position of the small wire embedded in it. The rate of expansion and contraction of the sealant was determined by how much and how quickly electrical current was applied or withdrawn.

It is this material that Tom and I used to allow the phallus to remain discretely flaccid yet be stimulated to full erection. It's easier to see rather than explain.

Anyone want to give Lorraine's phallus a hand job?" Jamie asked with a laugh.

Without any hesitation, Emily spoke up. "Sure, I will. I never had a chance to handle the first versions, so..."

Jamie connected the cable to the phallus, then placed the assembly in front of Emily.

"Before you begin, Emily, I'd like you to be thinking about how the phallus feels in your hand while you're stroking it. The 'skin' is a material that we hope replicates human penis' skin as closely as possible. If it's too plastic-like, there will be reduced friction between the penis and the host's vagina. But if it's too dry and leather-like, it will be too abrasive."

Emily nodded, then confidently placed her hand around the limp phallus.

"It feels very normal, very lifelike," she said.

After just a few strokes, she said, "Wow! It's getting harder. And longer. This is incredible! Fantastic!"

In less than a minute of stroking, it was fully erect. Those of us who had been watching the screen had seen the penis sensors' waveforms begin to change immediately when she started.

Jamie briefly explained what sensor five of the six waveforms represented. I understood them but did not recall any sensor that would have generated the sixth line.

When I mentioned it, Jamie smiled and said, "That one was an afterthought of mine, Tom. Remember that after having sex with you, both Lorraine's and Kim's clits became much more pronounced. Both of them mentioned to me that during arousal, their clits had begun to feel like they were enlarging just like a penis. So I decided to try to add a sensor that would lightly contact a woman wearer's clit when she was not aroused but that would detect slight pressure changes as arousal increased. That signal would be processed and sent back to her brain in the chip along with the other signals. Remember, whether the phallus is being made for and worn by a man or a woman, we're trying to replicate the natural urges and feelings the wearer experiences during the various stages of sexual arousal and coitus.

Unfortunately, if the prosthetic phallus is being made for a man, there's no way Amanda has been able figure out how to universally replicate the sensations that reside in the nerves in the penis itself. But we'll want to keep looking at that."

Then Jamie went on to explain the waveform that never seemed to change.

"That's the infrasonic transducer output to stimulate the partner recipient's G-spot if it's a woman or prostate if it's a man. Part of that signal gets fed back to the prosthetic's wearer to add to his or her pleasure, but it's dramatically attenuated when it's fed back so the wearer doesn't orgasm too quickly as a result."

Emily spoke up, "I'm still stroking, but nothing seems to be changing now. Why not?"

"The outputs are regulated by the internal chip so the pleasure period is prolonged rather than rushed so the wearer does not experience an orgasm too quickly. And of course, the ultimate erection length and thickness is limited to avoid discomfort," Jamie explained. "The chip we're using to control all of this is in the phallus's scrotum along with a long-life battery. The battery life is calculated at ten years, but we'll likely change it at five. Also, the chip has some functions built in that allow us to externally adjust some of the signals for each wearer and his or her partner. That will let them shorten or prolong the period of sexual intercourse before orgasm. Unfortunately, those settings have to be made on the test jig on which these are mounted, so at least for now, getting exactly the right settings for each wearer will involve some trial and error.

By the way, Emily, you can stop stroking now."

Emily quickly removed her hand, perhaps hoping no one would notice that she seemed to be very much enjoying the manipulation she had been performing quite expertly. For an instant she made eye contact with me, and I wondered what Emily's hand on my cock would feel like.

"Anyone have any comments or questions?" Jamie concluded.

"With the ones you made for Lorraine and me, we had to depilate our pubic area. I guess that will still be a requirement?" Kim asked with a hint of resignation while giving me a quick glance. She was well aware of the arousing effect her body hair has on me.

"Yes, and I don't see that changing," Jamie answered. "The phallus mounting surface needs intimate physical and electrical contact with the wearer's skin to work properly. And the surgical cement's bonding strength would be diminished by the pubic hair. The cement adhesive material will not break loose even under the most rigorous sexual contact if it has been properly applied. In fact, Emily, why don't you give a hard pull on the phallus you were holding. See if you can jerk it loose."

The waveforms responded appropriately on the screen, but the phallus held tight to its mounting. She had applied far more force than any sexual encounter would have, so clearly Jamie's point had been made. Emily pulled so hard I involuntarily cringed.

Apparently Amanda had been watching me. "I think Emily's effort just ruined Tom's evening," she said with a laugh.

"The nonreactive cement solvent will easily and safely break the skin-to-phallus bond, but infusing the adhesive into pubic hair would not only weaken the bond but it would also require far more solvent, time, and effort to remove it from the wearer's pubic hair afterwards," Jamie continued. "Any other questions or comments?"

When no one responded, she said, "Then let's move on to discussing possible partners for Lorraine and Kim to test their respective phalluses."

I looked at my watch and realized I needed to get back to the word processor to complete my thesis revisions.

"Jamie, I've got to leave so if you don't mind, I'd like to throw in my two cents' worth on that," I said.

"Sure, Tom, go right ahead."

"I know that you're expecting to have to make some slight adjustments to each phallus to adapt them to Lorraine's and Kim's individualized characteristics and comfort. Rather than trying to rush them into having sex with a partner, why not let each of them proceed at her own pace? They've both worn the earlier versions before, so they know how to apply, remove, and clean them properly. It seems to me that even though they've both worn the earlier version phalluses before, these versions will be a new experience for them. I guess what I'm getting at is, let Lorraine and Kim wear them and experiment personally and privately with them before either or both of them have to 'perform' with a partner."

It was Amanda who first supported my suggestion.

"Tom's made a good point. Both Kim and Lorraine have experienced sexual sensations as women. In one respect, we're almost asking them to go back to puberty and begin to experience those sensations differently, almost as a man. I suspect that both will adapt quickly, but probably at a different pace. Also, both Kim and Lorraine are experienced observers, so I would prefer to ask them to chronicle their experiences with the phalluses in detail. That would include whatever progression toward sexual intercourse with a partner they might make. Those unhurried observations will be important when the prosthetic phallus is first used by a man whose biological penis no longer can function or is no longer present.

Also, Kim and Lorraine, please include any suggestions for improving convenience and sanitary features. I believe that is going to prove to be very important as we develop this prosthetic penis for wear by both men and women."

Jamie added, "I agree, too. We're not under any kind of a deadline to produce here. It is more important that we get it right than get it fast."

"Well, I'll leave it up to you all. Right now, though, I've got to excuse myself to get back to my thesis. I've still got a couple hours work to go tonight before I give it to my executioners tomorrow," I said as I got up from the chair. "Emily, thank you for being here this evening. It was very nice to meet you."

Jamie excused herself briefly from the group to walk me out. She talked while we walked.

"Great suggestion, Tom. I'm so used to working under DoD deadlines that I sometimes lose sight of the value of patience. I don't think it's going to be particularly easy to find women willing to serve as Lorraine's and Kim's sex partners in testing the phalluses, though. I'm sure Marta and Emily are going to insist on airtight confidentiality agreements, and that isn't exactly conducive to spontaneous sexual responses. It would be helpful if prospective partners could and would be completely honest in their responses and would not feel compelled to tell us what they think we want to hear. But, we'll see what happens.

Good luck with the thesis revisions. And again, Tom, don't worry. Given your thoroughness, I'm absolutely certain your committee is going to be blown away by your work."

With that, Jamie gave a quick look around, then kissed me very very deeply. I felt her hand slide down over the outside of my slacks and come to rest on my cock. Turnabout is fair play, so I did the same with her, then leaned in and kissed her just as deeply. She was as fully erect as I was.

She broke away and pointed toward my car with a smile as if to say, "You'd better get going or you won't get anything more done tonight."

Oddly enough, during my drive home from Jamie's lab, I found myself mentally undressing Emily. Why, I wondered? In a very plain way, she was also physically attractive -- well, as much of her as I could see anyway. Certainly she was intelligent.

Arriving home, I set to work immediately on the remainder of my thesis revisions. As expected, it took about two hours to wrap everything up. I had just turned off the computer when my cell phone rang. The caller ID said "Kim."

"Hi, Kim. What's going on?"

"Oh, I just wanted to call and see how you were coming on your thesis changes for tomorrow. I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"No, in fact I've just finished up and was headed for bed. Did anything important come up after I left the meeting at Jamie's?"

"No, other than everyone agreed completely with your suggestion about letting Lorraine and I decide when to involve a partner in our phallus tests.

The real reason I'm calling, Tom, is to apologize for not contacting you sooner. With Sarah visiting for a week, my work backed up. I've still got to push hard for a few more days before I'll have any time for myself. I think Jamie was hoping I'd be able to start testing my new cock this weekend, but that just isn't going to fit into my schedule. It will probably be toward the end of next week before I've got the time to devote to that. Or to get together with you. I'm really sorry about that."

"Thank you for being so concerned, Kim. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, too. But I understand completely about the demands on your time."

"I was thinking, Tom. Maybe if you're available next Thursday afternoon, you could come over to the house so we could visit. I know you usually swim on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, so you could come here after you hit the university pool or you could swim here."

"That sounds great, Kim. One last swim in your pool would be a real treat, but the long-range weather forecast says it might not be pool weather. If we can't swim, we'll just have to find something else to occupy our time."

"My thoughts exactly. Then Friday I'll be able to do all the prep work required for me to install my new and improved phallus next weekend. By the way, your idea about letting Lorraine and me proceed at our own pace with them was very thoughtful. Lorraine did, too. We both agreed that we'd ask Amanda if she would record at least some of our tests at her lab -- hopefully without need for any excessive room conditioning on. We both think that at least our first masturbation sessions with the new cock as well as our first session or two with partners ought to be documented. And as you well know, neither of us is shy about being recorded.

Then, once we're satisfied with the basic fit and operation, we can talk about partners. Logically, each of us is going to need to have an agreeable woman partner who can and will describe her responses. Each partner will also need to agree to be recorded, too. Finding them might be a bit difficult. We've both got a couple different women in mind, but it's going to be challenging to enlist them.

Talespin
Talespin
310 Followers