A Gift Named Holly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She paused before answering. "Okay big brother, if you say so. Hey, do me a favor? Limit yourself to one glass of eggnog tonight, okay?" I heard her laugh as she stepped away. "Oh and hurry up and get your clothes on. Zoe seems pretty serious about those pancakes!"

I wasn't worried about breakfast as Chloe shut the door and walked away. Instead I was staring down into painted eyes, wondering how much of the last five minutes had been conjured from my imagination.

I shook my head, searching for clarity. Faint memories of a sexual dream came back to me, but the details remained fuzzy. That at least explained the semen drying on my thigh, but not the sensation of a head laying on my chest. I'd heard stories of people who experience vivid dreams, and there were many instances where I'd woken from sleep expecting a reality that only existed in my mind. This felt a bit more real, but I had no other explanation.

With the door closed I dropped the sweater and leaned down to retrieve the doll. There was no doubt in my mind she had inspired my hallucination, if one could call it that. Bright, grey eyes and dark hair, not to mention the red and white stockings. Even the stain on the red dress had been present in my brief glimpse of the mystery girl, though admittedly the dress she wore was more casual than the elegant attire of the doll.

"How did you even get over here in the first place?" I asked aloud as I placed the toy back on the bookshelf where I thought I'd left her. I looked around for anything else out of place. Everything was exactly as I'd left it, with one exception. My laptop was sitting on the desk by the window, open but with the screen in sleep mode.

I walked over and hit the space bar, bringing up the browser just as I'd left it. The video was paused somewhere near the end. This didn't confuse me as much as the doll, however. I'd left the computer on the bed, so it was entirely possible I'd woken in the middle of the night and moved it to a safer place on the desk, probably on my way to the bathroom. I didn't remember doing any of this, of course, but I was really tired, so I didn't expect to recall everything.

My stomach interrupted my investigation with a low growl. The thought of pancakes and sausage waiting downstairs was plenty motivation to forget about whatever dream I'd been having and find something to wear. A few minutes later I was dressed and making my way down the kitchen, convinced that what I saw earlier was all in my head.

Fortunately for me, Zoe had decided not to eat my share of the breakfast and was instead working on another of her drawings. Chloe poured two cups of coffee while I filled my plate with food, and then the two of us took our seat at the breakfast bar. Mom and Liz were chatting in the living room and dad was nowhere to be seen.

Chloe looked over at me as I began to dig in. "Did you find that girl that went missing in your sheets?" she asked with a smirk.

"Nope. Maybe I should have her picture put on the milk cartons. Why, you want a turn with her tonight, now that you've switched sides?"

She sent a punch into my arm, the one with the bruise. I tried not to flinch. "Smartass. I never said I didn't like boys anymore. Anyway, sorry for barging in like that. I promise I didn't see anything."

"Bet you'll knock next time," I replied jokingly.

"Next time I'll just leave you to die on the floor," she countered. "What happened anyway?"

I shrugged. "I had this crazy vivid dream about a girl. Scared the hell out of me when I woke up thinking she was still there. I got caught up in the sheets and fell out of bed."

"Fair enough. I won't ask." She was referring to the details of whatever dream a girl might play part in. "What's your plan for today?"

I finished another bite before answering. "I'm not sure. I suppose I'll take care of that stain, the one we talked about yesterday?" I motioned toward Zoe with my eyes. She was somewhat in earshot of our conversation, though I doubted she was listening.

"First thing you want to do after waking up is undress a lady," Chloe said with a laugh. "That won't take long of course, so what about after that?"

"I suppose you and I could head into town. Grab some coffee and see if anything has changed since we've been away. I should probably get that shave and haircut that I promised mom."

"Sounds like a plan," she said. "Cheers." We clinked our coffee cups together and finished our breakfast.

Zoe was still busy with her drawing as we put away the dishes. Chloe sat with her for a moment while she waited for me to fill a bowl with warm water and baking soda. If this wasn't strong enough to remove the stain from the dress I could always use a bottle of cleaner later. I took my concoction upstairs to the bedroom and closed the door behind me before turning to the bookshelf.

The spot where I'd left the doll was now empty and the doll itself was laying on the floor a few feet away. She must have fallen off while I was downstairs. I picked her up and did a quick inspection to make sure there was no damage. To my relief she seemed in great condition, though I wasn't quite certain how a fall from that height hadn't shattered her.

"Sorry about this ma'am, but you've been a dirty girl and it's time to get you clean. Well, your dress anyway," I said mockingly. I then carefully lifted the garment over her head, pulling from the bottom of the skirt so that her arms would easily slide out. I'd never really seen the body of a doll without clothing and I was surprised at the craftsmanship and detail. The joints where fabric met porcelain were practically seamless, and even the curvature of the waist was distinctly feminine.

"I guess we're even now," I mused as I gently placed her back on the shelf, careful to ensure there was no chance she would fall again. With the dress in hand, I placed the stained end of the fabric in the cleaning solution and left it to soak on my desk. I would let it sit until I came up for bed tonight, taking it out to dry overnight.

Chloe was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs when I finished. "Did you at least give her a good tip?" she asked with her usual smirk.

"Thought about it, but there was nowhere to put it," I replied.

"Aw, you mean she didn't have a little matching thong underneath?"

I laughed. "Glad to see you're no longer afraid of talking to me about women," I said.

"I figured you didn't appreciate the whole 'fragile snowflake' routine. Now come on, we've got shit to do!" Chloe said this last part a little too loud and Zoe looked up, but we hurried away before we could be reprimanded by a six-year-old for our foul language.

We drove slowly into town in case any ice had managed to form on the roads overnight. I didn't complain, as this gave me a better view of the neighborhood. There were more decorations than I remembered seeing the year before, but I had a feeling Christmas spirit was still in short supply with the economy in recovery.

"Where should we go first?" Chloe asked as we passed the town limit sign.

"Stop by Carver's if you don't mind. I'll take care of this before anyone else gives me grief," I said as I rubbed my goatee.

"Smart move, though I have to say it doesn't look half bad," she replied.

"Much appreciated, but it's not really my style, and it's time I started getting myself back together." Truthfully, it felt almost ceremonial in a way, like shaving off the facial hair would also cleanse away the sorrow associated with it.

Mr. Carver was an older man who loved to talk about his time in the Marines. I loved coming to his shop because he was so old fashioned. The stools were practically antiques, and he even still used a straight razor. I never worried about cuts, because even at his age I'd never seen a man with steadier hands.

Chloe came in as well. She never let the old salt touch her hair, but she did love to sit and listen to his playful flirtation while he worked. She was always kind enough to flirt back. When the haircut and shave were finished I looked into the mirror and felt like my old self again. In a way I felt better, and more handsome, though I'd never been self-conscious about my looks to begin with.

Chloe and I spent the rest of the morning exploring downtown. We avoided the shopping centers and spent most of our time visiting our old hangouts to speak with old friends. At some point Chloe noticed that the Humane Society was selling puppies near the bookstore, which always ended up with us paying a visit. Dad was allergic to dogs, so we were never allowed to have one as children, but she still couldn't resist playing with them when given the opportunity. Eventually I had to drag her away before she did something irrational. She'd have a hard time hiding a dozen puppies in her bedroom.

Around noon we stopped by a local café for lunch. We ordered sandwiches and cocoa to warm ourselves and found our usual seat in the corner. I took advantage of the privacy by asking her more about Melissa. Apparently the two had met during a photoshoot of the tennis team, which Melissa was a member of. Chloe also revealed that those weren't the only photos she had taken of her new squeeze but denied my request to see proof.

After lunch we decided to head back to the house and take advantage of the freshly fallen snow. Zoe was dying to build a snowman, and Chloe was determined to teach her how to make snow angels before the world stole her childhood away. I, on the other hand, had ulterior motives. My sister helped Zoe bundle up and the three of us went to the back yard where the snow was thickest.

It didn't take long for the three of us to build a Zoe-sized snowman, complete with stick arms and a pinecone nose. Then Chloe found a patch of virgin snow and began to make one of her perfect snow angels in demonstration. Zoe was significantly less graceful in the act, but I was actually impressed with how well hers came out. While they were preoccupied, however, I was busy building an arsenal. When the first of my snowballs hit Chloe in the chest, she knew the war had begun, and I had a head start.

"Elliot! That's not fair, you scheming little shit!" she shouted as I launched another snowy orb at her arm. Zoe was already giggling and trying her best to form a snowball of her own. I tossed one gently in her direction and laughed when it hit her knee. She threw her own tiny snowball towards me and I pretended to dodge, but let it catch my hip just to see her smile. Chloe, however, had just finished packing her first round and I knew her sights were set on me.

I barely dodged her shot, which surprisingly was aimed at my head. "Jeez Chloe, you're taking no prisoners, are you?" I asked as I lobbed another snowball at her chest. I missed, but I was close enough to make her squeal.

"I can't believe you'd do something so sneaky to your little sister, especially after I carted you around town all morning!" She feinted a shot in my direction but tossed her snowball at Zoe at the last minute. It caught our cousin off guard and hit her in the arm.

"I'm glad to see you still know how to handle balls even though you've switched sides," I teased. Zoe was too young to catch the euphemism.

"Oh, you are so dead!" she shouted back, forcing herself not to laugh. We carried on like this for a while, pelting each other with snowballs and letting Zoe enjoy herself. My sister had better aim than I'd anticipated, and by the time we wandered inside for cocoa we were both covered in white powder. Aunt Liz was thrilled to see Zoe so happy and offered to prepare our drinks while we changed into dry clothes.

I kicked off my boots and slushed my way upstairs to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and shed my clothing until I was standing in my underwear. I searched through my luggage, swearing at myself for being lazy when it came to unpacking until I found a clean sweater and jeans. I quickly put these on and started towards the door, but then I noticed something out of place.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I said softly to myself as I crossed over to the window. The doll was once again on the floor, and this time I was certain there was no way she could have fallen this far away from where I'd placed her. Then, realization hit me. "Zoe," I said as I closed my eyes in frustration. "She must have wandered in here while we were in town. I hope she hasn't figured out that you're her gift." Confident that this was one mystery was solved, I placed the doll back on the bookshelf and went downstairs.

Chloe was still changing by the time I made it down, but Zoe was in warm pajamas and sipping her cocoa at the bar while she resumed her drawing. I took my cup and sat beside her. "Zoe, you know it's not polite to go in other people's room without permission, right?" I asked.

My little cousin nodded distractedly, her attention now focused on the paper and markers in front of her. It was the only reply I received, and I decided that was good enough. Chloe then joined us, wearing one of her oversized sweaters and pajama shorts. We left Zoe to her drawing and went to the living room to sip our drinks and watch TV until dinner time.

One of the things I missed most about home was the food. California was well known for its diverse cuisine, but there was nothing quite as comforting as real southern cooking. Tonight, mom had prepared fried chicken and homemade macaroni while Liz took care of the cornbread and vegetables. I ate more than I should have, but I reminded myself this was what the holidays were for.

After dinner there was more television and eggnog (Chloe still insisted I limit myself to one glass) and then it was time to head upstairs. I told my family goodnight and made my way up to my bedroom. When I opened the door the first thing I did was check that the doll was exactly where I'd left her. It was almost a surprise to find that she was indeed still on the shelf. I silently thanked my sister for the eggnog limit as I debated my own paranoia.

I figured I might as well hop in the shower before Chloe stole most of the hot water, so once again I stripped away my clothing by the bed, folding my jeans and sweater on top so I could wear them again tomorrow. I tossed my underwear at the hamper and turned to the bathroom. I made it two steps before her soft voice left me frozen in place.

"If you're going to continue with these little strip teases, the least you could do is put on some music and dance a bit for me."

Most people would have immediately turned to investigate, probably screaming in surprise or fear. I, however, remained completely still, terrified of who -- or what -- I would find waiting behind me. The room was silent for a moment, other than the heavy pounding of blood in my ears. Finally, after an uncomfortably long time, I began to slowly turn and face her. I was alarmingly confident in who I would find, and I didn't even bother to hide my nudity.

Just as I suspected, the girl standing behind me was exactly how I remembered her from this morning. Her piercing grey eyes and black hair were unmistakable, but there was one important difference about her now. My mystery girl was clothed in her red and white stockings, but nothing else. The red dress from before was gone, leaving the rest of her body completely bare for my eyes to explore.

And damn, what a body it was. Long legs, slender waist, and perky round breasts that any girl would envy. Her skin was smooth, apart from a triangle of short, dark, pubic hair that contrasted neatly against her paleness. She was incredibly sexy, and her curves were impossibly distracting from every angle, but in the end those lovely eyes and matching smile held my attention.

She fidgeted with her hands, and despite the suggestiveness of her words I could tell she was somewhat nervous. I couldn't blame her, given the circumstances. I myself was still in a state of shock, though I was trying to make some logical sense of the situation. Ironically, our shared nudity almost made it easier to relax. How dangerous could she be if she were naked?

"It's you," I finally said as our eyes continued to study one another. "You were in my bed this morning."

She nodded nervously in affirmation. "I was. I'm sorry for scaring you."

"Why are you naked?" I was still debating whether I should shout for someone to call the police. She was an intruder of some kind, obviously, but I hadn't yet figured out her intentions. The fact she was naked could make this very awkward for whoever came through the door.

She looked down at herself bashfully. "Well, that would be your doing, wouldn't it? Don't you like what you see?" I detected just a hint of nervousness as she asked the last question. She was genuinely concerned I might not approve of her body.

Truthfully, she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and that wasn't even taking her body into account. She was stunning, but I wasn't sure how to answer without sounding like a creep, so I decided to move on to my next question.

"Who are you?"

Her smile returned. "Isn't it obvious?"

"Obviously, you look like the porcelain doll I bought yesterday. The resemblance is damned near perfect."

She nodded. "I was a bit nervous about how you'd react when I finally revealed myself. I thought for certain you would panic, like before."

"To be honest, I'm still trying to decide if this is all a dream, or if perhaps I've gone completely insane."

She stepped towards me, and the sudden movement startled me a bit, but I held my ground. Her eyes stayed on mine, full of hope as she spoke her next words.

"This isn't a dream Elliot. I'm as real as any girl you've ever met. And you haven't gone mad, I promise."

"I must be," I replied, "because right now I'm trying to convince myself that it's perfectly fine that a children's toy has come to life and is now talking to me in the form of a beautiful young woman."

"You really think I'm beautiful?" she asked, the smile returning as she blushed. It was actually quite adorable.

"Very much so. And I assume you're naked because..."

She turned her eyes to the bowl on my desk where the little red dress continued to soak. "I appreciate you taking the time to clean that for me. It was very sweet of you. I thought about waiting until you'd put it back on, but I just couldn't wait any longer."

"I see," I answered. Then, slowly, I turned back to the bathroom door, my mind still swimming in confusion.

She moved behind me. "Where are you going?" The nervousness had returned to her voice, but she had no reason to worry.

"I took off my clothes so I could shower. I think it might help me clear my head a bit if I just go ahead and wash up."

I could feel her hesitation. "May I join you?" It was amazing how her voice could sound so sweet and innocent while asking for something so naughty.

I shook my head, though somewhat reluctantly. "Not this time, I'm sorry. I need some time without distraction, and you are definitely a distraction. In a good way," I added, already suspecting that if I didn't I would hurt her feelings. "You don't have to leave. If you're still here when I'm finished, at least I'll know for sure this isn't a dream or hallucination. I think."

I knew she was smiling behind me. "I'll wait here until you return."

I simply nodded in reply. With nothing left to say, I stepped into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, but didn't engage the lock. I'm not sure how long I spent in the shower, but it was the sudden transition of hot water to cold that forced me out. I'd done very little actual bathing while inside. Instead, I'd spent most of that time resting my head against the tile with my eyes closed, letting the hot water wash over me as I tried to reason with my disbelief. It proved to be a losing battle.