A God Called Bruce Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could not accept that I had been wrong. I was still convinced the picture was the key. Perhaps I had tried the wrong lock. It had to be something like this. The lack of colour coding and classification marks could mean that whoever was meant to travel with it had to know how to use it and where. That would keep unauthorised travellers away from the control centres, if they came across this image by chance. Perhaps it used something other than power spots. But what? What else was there?

I was still deep in thought, getting nowhere, when Zeus materialised.

"You are troubled my boy," he said. "You did well to come here. This place will restore your balance. Come, walk with me and tell me what worries you so much."

We walked along the narrow path towards the waterfall. Along the way I told Zeus where I was stuck. He listened attentively and did not interrupt me. A fawn walked up to Zeus and rubbed its head against his leg. Zeus stopped and scratched it affectionately behind the ears. The fawn was evidently a glutton for scratchies because it came up to me and demanded the same kind of attention. I was only too happy to give it.

"She knows you are worried, she is trying to help. She helps me often. Even the Gods can get solace from beautiful creatures like her."

We walked for a while longer, much of it in silence. When we returned to the bench Zeus waved his hand, the stuff I had brought disappeared and was replaced by two full goblets. Ambrosia, I figured. Zeus handed me one and motioned me to drink. I took a sip.

"No boy, drink it up, you need the energy."

I did as I was told. The moment the goblet was empty it filled itself up again. Like a good boy I sculled that too. The energy surge was amazing.

"Now go to the centre of your problem and meditate," commanded Zeus.

On Impulse I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Thanks Chief," I said and nearly shit myself over what I had just done. I had touched the supreme God. I waited for the thunderbolt to strike, but Zeus smiled instead and whisked me off.

I found myself in the tunnel, in front of that gazebo thing.

Go to the centre of your problem and meditate, he had said. Was that the centre of my problem? It had to be what he meant. That structure was central to my goals and central to the tunnels. Besides, he had put me here himself.

All the workers including Darrin and Algenon had called it a day. I was on my own. I pulled up a chair, looked at the building and tried to empty my mind.

I still don't know what prompted me, I just got up, put my hand on the building, imagined the picture and whooshkah, I was inside.

Careful not to touch anything I looked around. There were screens on the walls showing stars, galaxies, places. There was also a row of what looked like consoles with flashing lights and smaller screens, the kind of stuff you would expect in a nerve centre of a traffic system. The centre was working, but deserted. No telling when a living creature had been here last.

I decided I could do little right now and I tried to teleport out. Nothing happened. After a bout of anxiety it occurred to me I might have to do the same thing I had done to get in. I touched the wall, imagined being outside and this time it worked.

Having achieved what I came to do, I jumped into Bruce's yard. The girls and the three stooges from the tunnel were there.

"Where the fuck did you go? We've looked for you everywhere. It was as though you had disappeared from the world." Bruce was angry. I could see he had been worried.

"Sorry guys, I was talking to Zeus. He wanted to know some things about the project." I didn't exactly lie, but I hadn't told the truth either.

"That explains why we couldn't find you. You had us worried. We thought you were dead, especially when Algenon told us about the picture. It would have been just like you to shoot off into the unknown on your own."

I didn't want to get into what I had done, so I chose a diversion.

"You guys fancy a fuck?" Algenon and Darrin just stared at me when I asked them.

"Well do you?" They both nodded this time.

"Okay Marge, get these boys a couple of tarts each and let's inaugurate Shagger's Paradise."

Marge replied with a wicket grin.

"What about me?" complained Bruce

"Alright, get him a couple of tarts as well, seeing he has been such a good boy."

Moments later we were all naked in one of Marge's orgy rooms with six naked cheerleader types, ready to have a party.

We had ourselves a ball.

I can't remember in whose hole, or in what kind of a hole I deposited my final load, or how I had managed to get home in the end, but I did find myself in my own bed in the morning, so presumably things had gone well.

Chapter 13: Atlantis to the Rescue

The smell of cooking bacon nearly made me spew. I staggered out of bed to see what the fuck was going on and discovered Bruce in the yard playing with the barbeque.

He laughed when he saw me and handed me a bottle of something.

"Here, drink this, soldier," he said, "You'll feel better afterwards."

I didn't even argue, I just drank the stuff and felt immediately better. I was sober, my vision was clear and the hammer-mill in my skull had closed down.

"What was this shit?"

"I am the God of booze. Be a piss-poor show if I didn't have an antidote."

I thanked Bruce and went to have a shower and put some clothes on. Feeling hungry all of a sudden I went to join him in the yard. Only half an hour ago I would have sworn I would never touch alcohol or food ever again and here I was on the piss as usual, munching barbequed food.

"So what did you find in that building?"

I stared at him open mouthed. How the fuck did he know? There was me thinking I had played it really cool and Bruce had seen right through me.

"Look Cobber, I might be a fucking God, but I am also an Aussie. In many ways you and I are like pips in a fucking watermelon. I know you better than you think."

"You win. Yes, I was in there and it's just what I thought it was. I wanted to talk it over with you first. I am really scared of this shit."

"You? Scared? That's a new one. What for?"

"This is very powerful technology. Who knows what might happen if I touch the wrong button? Whole universes might go up in smoke."

"You'll have to call the computerpoofs in, although after last night I might need a new name for those two. Did you see the rings in Algenon's ear rattle like a pair of castanets doing a Flamenco on every stroke and how that chick squealed every time that lump of metal in his tongue hit her clit? I might get one of those. Looks like fun."

"I know I need to call on them. I didn't want to say anything last night. It would have spoilt their fun."

"You did right, the pull of mystery would have been stronger for those guys than the pull of puss."

"Let's go see them then."

Darrin and Algenon were nursing a monstrous hangover. Bruce whipped up a bottle of his antidote for them and after they were lucid again we sat down with a beer. Bruce insisted that a beer at this stage was part of the cure but I suspected this was bullshit. It got them to sit down and pay attention.

I told them about the central structure, what I had done to get inside and what I had found. I also told them about my fears and concerns.

"So fellows," I concluded, "Now you know what I know. I've held nothing back. Until now I had to because I didn't know for sure and there was really no need to discuss my theories. Now all the cards are on the table. What I want to know from you guys is, are you in? I'll give you some time to discuss it, if you wish."

"No discussion. Try keeping me out. I'm in like Flynn with that fifteen year old." Trust Algenon to bring that one up.

"Same here," said Darrin. "No better game in town."

I showed them how it was done and seconds later we were inside.

"How do you get out of here? I need to get something," said Darrin after a quick look around.

I showed him. Darrin was back minutes later with a wheeled toolbox.

"What do you want with that?" I was horrified.

"How are we going to know what this is if I can't get the covers off? I need to see what technology they use before I can say if there is anything we can do with it."

Reluctantly I agreed. We needed to start somewhere and that seemed a fairly safe starting point. Better than pushing buttons at random.

True to form Bruce had already set up a table, some chairs and organised a few nibblies as well as the inevitable beer.

I sat there with Bruce, nibbling on heavily salted beer nuts guzzling a few, while Darrin and Algenon where at it. Darrin very carefully got to work on the covers of some machinery. Algenon studied the screens and consoles, making notes on a small hand held computer as he went along.

When Darrin had removed all the covers from a particularly impressive looking piece of machinery he called me over.

"What do you reckon this is? Ever seen anything like it before?"

The machinery was intricate, to say the least. The most outstanding feature was the extensive use of multi coloured crystals and what looked like fibre optics. I was still thinking when he prodded me:

"You have no idea, do you?"

"As to detail, no. As to an overall proposition, yes, I have a fair idea of what I am looking at."

"Do tell." His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"At a guess, this is some sophisticated computer that uses light instead of electricity to manipulate data. Since white light contains an almost infinite number of hues, more data can be packed into a single impulse than is possible in a binary system that relies on off and on states. How am I doing?"

"I am impressed. That is exactly what I think. Tell me, how come a science fiction writer can figure this out?"

"Perhaps my MSc in engineering, physics major, has something to do with it."

"Yes. So, Mister MSc, where do we need to go next?"

"We need to find out what the discrete components do before we can work out what the machine does. This might be a problem. To analyse components we need to take some machinery apart and we might wreck the system if we do that."

"You really know your stuff, don't you? I accept everything you've said. My thinking goes along the same lines. There might be a shortcut to a solution. What do you know about Atlantis?"

"There are some ancient accounts of it. Plato talks about it at length. According to him it was a large island continent outside the pillars of Hercules in the Atlantic ocean. It was given to Poseidon when the big landmasses were doled out amongst the Gods. He put his son Atlas in charge. They did a lot of aggressive bullshit though and in the end the island was made to sink into the ocean and covered up with a lot of mud so no one could find it. They were said to have had a very advanced technology. Most people, even the ancients, thought the story to be complete crap."

"This is a rather quaint rendering of the story, but it's essentially correct."

"So what has it got to do with us? If you want bullshit I can show you some Australian politicians who will put this story to shame. A one hour speech from an Australian politician can fertilise more country than your entire mythology."

"Maybe, but that's not the point. The point is that Atlantis was real and that they had a technology very much like the one we are looking at."

"What good is that to us? I mean, Atlantis is gone. How would you know what their technology looked like anyway?"

"Because I've seen it."

"Tell me."

"Atlas had a twin brother who ruled part of Atlantis. The Greeks called him Eumelus,

but he doesn't like to be called that. He prefers to be called Gadeirus, which he insists was always his proper name and is what the Romans later called him at his request. Like his brother Atlas he was mortal to start with. It's a long story, but eventually he became the Atlantean God of technology. He has machines that look like this one here."

"You are talking as if this guy is still around."

"Yes, he is. He lives around the corner from Bruce and he has got a lot of Atlantean machines in his basement and his shed. Do you want me to call him so he can have a look?"

"No. I can't let anyone in here without Zeus' approval. I have to talk to Zeus first. I want to meet this guy though. You can take some pictures that show the machine's components. I'd like him to have a look at them."

Darrin took some pictures and showed them to me for approval. They were alright. I suggested we move on.

Bruce and Algenon were ready to go too. Before we went I told them no one was to enter the control room for the time being without me present, under threat of Tartarus. They grudgingly agreed.

We arranged to meet at Bruce's place in about an hour. Darrin and I went to see Gadeirus. He was home.

Gadeirus was impressive. He looked like a man in his mid thirties with a muscular athletic body. The Greek chiton he wore had a highly embroidered border and was pinned over his right shoulder leaving the left shoulder bare.

"So you are the new Demigod everyone is talking about," he said when Darrin introduced us. "Sit down, have some wine. Tell me, why have you come to see me?"

I told him Darrin and I were working on a secret project for Zeus and that we had come across an alien technology he might be able to help us with. Darrin showed him the pictures. He took us down to his basement, took the cover off one of his machines and said: "It's not exactly the same technology, but it's a similar idea. I would be able to help you if I got involved in your project."

I had a close look at Gadeirus' machine. There were indeed many similarities. The crystals were cut differently and were much smaller and some of the components were totally different but it was obviously a machine that manipulated light in a similar fashion to the machines at the control centre.

"I would love to have you in the project, but this depends on Zeus," I said in parting. "I need to talk to him first. I have to tell you that he insists that secrecy is maintained under threat of Tartarus for any breaches. Would you still want to join under those conditions?"

"I've had nothing worthwhile to do for a long time. It would be wonderful to be useful once more. Tell Zeus I would love to join, if he'll have me."

We shook hands and Darrin and I went to see Bruce. We walked for a change. It wasn't far.

I ate something at Bruce's place, there was always a lot of food there. Lil wanted to come home with me but I told her after last night I needed a break. She grumbled. I explained to her I was only a Demigod and didn't have anywhere near her stamina. She thought about that for a minute and apologised.

"You are right," she said, "We are asking too much of you."

I made my apologies and went home. When I went past Zeus' door he called me in. After a greeting I filled him in on the project. I told him we had managed to get inside and what we found. I also told him about Gadeirus and his machines and that I would like to have him on the project.

"Gadeirus is fine. He has never involved himself in politics," said Zeus. "It will do him good to be working again. He has been idle for far too long. You told him what the conditions are?"

"Yes, I did. He is happy with it."

"You look tired boy, go and have some rest."

Before I could leave the little fawn appeared out of nowhere and demanded her scratchies. I obliged.

"She knows her suckers," laughed Zeus. "She'll never leave you alone now."

"I can live with that," I said, giving the little animal one last pat and made for my bedroom.

Chapter 14: To Boldly Go.....

Instead of making breakfast next morning I went to see Bruce. There was always food and drink there, so why cook? The whole gang were there. Darrin wanted to know when his crews were getting their reward now that they had finished. I called Marge over and told her we had promised the crews they could screw humans after the job was done.

"Oh goodie," she said, "I take it you want me to arrange the party?"

"If you wouldn't mind. Could you please make the arrangements with Darrin, they are his people."

"No problem," said Marge grabbed Darrin by the sleeve and dragged him aside.

"Before we break up here," I announced, "Zeus has approved Gadeirus for the project. I'll spend the day with him to fill him in and show him around. Remember, the control room is off limits until further notice."

There were no grumbles this time. I finished my beer and walked the short distance to Gadeirus' house. He ushered me in and I nearly shit my pants. There was Hera standing in his living room. Before it could become awkward I walked up to her, gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said: "G'day Hera."

"Good morning Alec," she replied, obviously a little embarrassed about my display of familiarity.

"Oh good, you know each other," said Gadeirus.

"Oh yes," I said, "we are old friends, aren't we, Dear?"

Hera was trying hard to maintain composure I thought and then she really surprised me.

"I am giving a little party day after tomorrow. Gadeirus will be there. Will you come too, Darling? I would like that."

"No one could ever resist an invitation by such a beautiful woman. I will be honoured to attend."

She reached for me, pulled me close and kissed me on the lips. "See you then, Darling," she said and dematerialised.

"I think my aunt likes you," said Gadeirus. "It's good to see. She doesn't like company much, as a rule."

"Aunt?" I stammered.

"Yes, of course. Poseidon is my father, Hera is his sister." He could see my confusion.

"My father has five siblings. Zeus, Hades, Hera, Hestia and Demeter. One big happy family."

"Hestia?" I grinned.

"What's so funny about Hestia?"

"There is a bra manufacturer in Australia called Hestia. They say it is an acronym and stands for Holds Every Size Tit In Australia."

"This is really funny, especially since Hestia doesn't have much tit. A bra would be wasted on her. Come to think of it, her lack of tit is probably the reason why she is still a virgin."

Gadeirus went to get some wine and motioned me to sit down.

"I take it you have come to see me for reasons other than to discuss my illustrious family."

"Yes, Zeus has approved your participation in the project."

"Good old uncle Zeus. I have to thank him when I see him next."

"He said to remind you that any breach of secrecy means Tartarus. I suppose that doesn't really apply to you, being family and all that."

"You couldn't be more wrong. Zeus stuck his own father Cronus into Tartarus thousands of years ago. The old prick is still there. Anyway, we are back to my family again. What I want to know is, what happens next?"

I spent the next two hours explaining the whole thing to him. He asked many questions, intelligent questions. I had a feeling there was something he was not telling me. Not because he didn't want to, more that he didn't know how to tell me. I decided to give him some rope.

"Now that you have an idea what this is about I'll take you on a guided tour." He was happy with that.

First I took him to the tunnels and showed him the pictures, next we went to that primordial world that Bruce and I had discovered and finally I took him into the control centre. He didn't even look inside the machine where Darrin had taken the covers off, instead he sat at one of the consoles and studied the panel. He didn't move for at least ten minutes. Then he pushed one button before I could stop him. A cover slid back and exposed a keyboard. At least that is what I thought, since there were a lot of buttons with symbols on them, larger than our keyboard buttons, perhaps designed for a bigger hand. Gadeirus started to type. I could see he was not pushing buttons randomly, he looked as if he knew what he was doing.