A Gumshoe's Lament

Story Info
Beware the femme fatale.
1.3k words
4.11
35.3k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,237 Followers

Happy New Year,

Just a really quick one this time. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

CharlieB4

*

I couldn't believe I was getting paid to look at this woman. She was sitting at the end of the bar at the Intercontinental hotel nursing a martini as her eyes played around the room. Her short black dress had risen up when she'd delicately climbed onto the bar stool. Every male eye in the room had followed her as she made her entrance and sat down. Even a few female ones.

Immediately two partially inebriated office types had moved to the bar to get a drink, and of course engage the solitary newcomer in conversation. She was polite but declined their offer of a free drink because she knew that nothing was free. It would cost her time, and her time was way to precious to waste on those two.

The eager beavers dispatched to the bleachers her eyes continued to roamed the room. I wondered what went through her head when she did this. It was the same on each of the eight occasions I had followed her in the last two months. It wasn't obvious, she sipped at her drink and looked at her phone but the whole time her eyes moved over the crowd. Occasionally settling on one or two people for a moment, then moving on.

I waited, and watched. I'd learnt on the second night not to be to eager. I'd placed my listening device where she had first sat down. Soon after she'd moved having found the one she was looking for and began flirting. I still got pictures but no sound that night. Getting close to her twice might have aroused suspicion. So now I knew her modus operandi. Sometimes she made a display of herself as she entered, waiting for the men to come to her. Other times she made the first move, seeking out her suitor. On each occasion I'd found that once she dangled her bait the chosen one almost always lapped it up.

Tonight it looked like he was going to be coming to her. She made eye contact and smiled at him, as he sat among a group of friends. Then she leaned down, turning slightly so her quarry had the best view and made her play. Pretending to adjust the strap of her high heel shoes drew everybody's attention to those long stocking clad legs. The top of her dress gaped open revealing the upper part of two porcelain white breasts threatening to burst out of the confinement of her bra. Then as she righted herself, once again looking at her chosen man, her tongue appearing briefly to wet her slightly parted lips.

Every other man who witnessed this found their pulse racing. At the same time they followed her eyes and cursed the blonde haired man in the suit who was returning her smile. Maybe if he hadn't been there it could have been them.

This guy made it clear he was heading to her. He stood and took the drink orders for the next round from his colleagues. I went straight to the bar as well and ordered another drink, being careful to stay on the opposite side of the woman to the guy now walking towards her.

By the time my drink had arrived the banter was already brisk between the two, and my bug was planted on the underside of the bar close by. I went back to my seat and placed my briefcase on the table before opening it. To anyone looking I was just a business man catching up on work, they would never have suspected I was focusing a hidden camera. Closing the lid I placed my tablet computer on top of the briefcase and put in an ear piece. Once again, all very innocent except I could hear every word the two were saying at the bar.

She turned her body towards the guy as he sat down beside her, having deposited his round of drinks back on the table with his friends. She cocooned him from everything going on around him, her eyes, her smile, her throaty laugh captivating him. As the conversation moved from mundane to subtly saucy she would reach out and touch him on the arm and leg. Never inappropriately but for sure the inference was there. Then as the chairs moved closer her feet came into play as she nudged and gently rubbed against his lower legs.

I wished I was the recipient of such charms, instead I was the watcher and recorder. When the report went in there would be anger, maybe tears. Despair always followed, as all the hopes and dreams for the future vanished. I always reminded them that they must have suspected something, otherwise why employ me. Such was the nature of my job, I seldom got congratulated or thanked. When you are dealing with such raw emotions it's understandable. Still it was tough when some clients wanted to shoot the messenger as well.

I pushed my petty problems aside, that was all for next week when I posted my typed up report and made the phone call. No tonight I would sit back and enjoy the show and tonight she was putting on a majestic performance.

They were close now, huddled close over their drinks with their heads almost touching. He made his move, pulling his room card out of his pocket. She giggled and placed a her hand on his shoulder as she slipped off her stool and straightened her dress.

His mates gave him the thumbs up from their table and the couple slipped out through the doors arm in arm. I opened my case and shut down my recording device. My night was over, I finished my drink, went to the bar to offer a tip and retrieve my microphone before walking out as well. I found my car and swore as it had attracted the eye of a parking inspector. He or she had left me a present. Oh well, I guess my clients bill just went up. I locked my gear in the boot and sat on the bonnet and waited.

Five minutes later she appeared, she looked up and down the street. I waved and she spotting me and walked to the car.

"Did you get it all tonight?" She asked tersely.

"Yes, did you get away okay?"

"Easy, a few kisses in the lift then once we were inside his room I told him to have a shower while I got comfortable. As soon as I heard the water running I was out of there."

"Do they always fall for that one?" I was worried about her going to the rooms.

"If I started peeling off my dress and suggested if you wanted to touch me you had to shower? What would you do it?" She replied with a sly grin.

"Yeah, okay, I would. But don't you ever feel sorry for them?"

"Never! Fucking cheating arseholes. They think that a business trip is a chance to play around? It's only fair it comes back to bite them."

"Still, you don't give them much choice. They're dead meat as soon as you recognize them."

"There's always a choice Jimmy, they can always say no, I won't chat up that girl. You should know your made rules. I never suggest that we should go to their room or their car or wherever the hell they think we can go so they can get their jollies."

"So, you haven't ever thought about warning one of them?"

"No chance, I just picture my ex-husband and his fucking secretary and I love every minute of bringing these pricks down. Anyway why do you care, you're the one taking the wives money to see if their husband is a faithful or not?"

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Do you want a lift?" I asked hopefully.

"Nice try Jimmy, but like I said before, there is always a choice. I'll get a taxi."

So I watched that magnificent arse sway back up the street towards the hotel and waited till the bus boy closed the door of her taxi. Then I climbed into my car and headed for my office to start writing up the report.

CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,237 Followers