A Helping Hand

Story Info
On the run from her husband.
9.1k words
4.61
39.4k
50
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LincolnSST
LincolnSST
111 Followers

After reading a lot of stores, I decided to give it a shot.

All grammar and spelling mistakes are mine. If you can't get by them, move along. I'm not writing to win a Pulitzer Prize.

*

My name is Remus Johnson. I'm six foot two and I weigh in around two hundred and twenty pounds. I farm 800 acres about fifteen miles outside of Waxahachie, Texas. My Mom and Dad live in town since he got too stove up with Arthritis to be of much help. They come by now and then to check on me.

My grandma told me stories that were handed down about the Master. The stories included the fact that he indulged now and then in some Dark Chocolate even though he had a wife. My relative was the overseer in charge of the field hands and he deeded the land to him when slavery was abolished. Through all the later generations they managed to keep it intact.

My Dad made sure I was able to keep it profitable too. He sent me to Texas A & M. I took plant science and farm management classes. With that education and what my Dad taught me I had a financially successful operation going.

A year after I graduated I married the sweetest little girl. She had the softest honey colored skin. We spent many a night, holding each other while I caressed her warm velvet. She especially liked my thick eight inch cock.

We were married for two years and she met this slick talking lawyer and ran off with him. It took me a year to get the divorce done and my shit together. The farm was still in my parents name, so they didn't get much. Just enough for the lawyer to make a play for her. I think at first he had his sights set on half of the farm. I heard later that he ran off with the money and left her standing on a street corner in San Antonio. She knew better than to try to come back and try to make up for her transgressions.

I had a good reputation around town. It all started in high school. Texans take their football seriously. I was the right defensive end on our football team. I was particularly good a slipping blocks and sacking the quarterback. I remember one game I took out the entire back field of our rival team.

I stayed active in some of the local stuff going on. I bought uniforms for the Little League teams. One time I talked the local equipment rental place to let me use their laser plane and I leveled where the little league diamonds are. Every fall I put in an acre of pumpkins for the kids. It got to be a real event. All the boys tried to get the biggest one. They usually ended up rolling one to their parents car. Then their Dad would help the load it.

There was a few ladies around that tried to get their hooks in me after Keesha left, but having been burned once I was hesitant to jump in again. I did have a couple of friends with benefits.

One in particular was kind of a strange one. She was the Mayor's wife. She was a blue eyed blonde about forty five years old. She took real good care of herself being a regular at the gym, spa and beauty shop. She had told me her old man was a diabetic and couldn't get it up. They had an understanding that she could get laid as long as she was discreet about it. She hit on me one time at a little league game and it was game on ever after. She told me she liked it big, black and bareback. She had a nasty mouth on her when she was fucking. She called me a dirty nigger, a black bastard, and a few other racial slurs. Of course she was my little white cum slut, whore, nigger fucker and a few others. It was a good thing I didn't have any neighbors because she was a real screamer.

Another strange one was a little chubby black girl. She always wanted it bareback too, except she wanted to get pregnant. She was very firm about not wanting to get married. I gave her two girls and two boys during my college summer vacations. She didn't work, but lived on welfare. The more kids she had the more money she got. Of course all of them got cut off while I was married. The Mayor's wife came back soon after Keesha ran off.

**************

I didn't know it, but my life was about to change, bigley.

I woke up and stretched. I wasn't in a big hurry to get up. I had been out killing hogs last night. I killed a big boar that must have weighed over five hundred pounds. I also got a nice little sow that would come in around two fifty. I had to go back and get my skip loader to handle them. I had an arrangement with a butcher in town. He would cut and wrap it and we would share the meat. They were gutted and hanging in the barn and I needed to get them taken care of today.

I went in the bathroom to piss away my morning wood. I ambled into the kitchen and set up my coffee maker. I took a shower and got dressed while it was brewing. I drank two cups and planing on getting some lunch in town.

I backed my truck under the hogs and lowered them in the bed. A half hour later I pulled up to the back door of the butcher shop. I tapped my horn and got out. Arlo walked out.

"Damn, Remus. Nice lookin hogs you got there."

"I only got two. The rest of them left in a hurry."

"They musta knowed who was after em, ya think?"

I chuckled.

"Yeah. I have a bad rep among the hogs."

We got them unloaded and I drove off. I stopped and got an Egg McMuffin and headed home. I pulled in my driveway and stopped at the head ditch for my pumpkin patch. I had planted it two weeks ago. It looked like they had sprouted just fine. I checked the dirt for moisture. They would need some water tomorrow or the next day.

Just as I started to get back in my truck I heard a car making some funny noises coming down the road. I turned and looked.

A little Honda Civic was chugging alone with blue smoke coming out of the exhaust. It looked like it was on it's last legs. I heard a loud clunk and it coasted over on the shoulder. I stood watching as a woman got out. She kicked the door closed. She just stood there looking at it. I saw her hand come up and it looked she was wiping her eyes. I walked over toward her.

"Good morning, maam. Looks like you got some trouble there."

Her head jerked toward me at the sound of my voice. She just looked at me for a few seconds. She wiped her eyes again. As I got closer I could see she was crying. I glanced at the car and I saw a little girl in a car seat.

"Is there something I can do to help you, maam? I can call a tow truck for you."

"Oh god. I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't have any money to fix it."

"OK, calm down. Let em take a look at it. Maybe I can fix it for you."

"Would you please."

"My name is Remus Johnson, maam. That's my farm right there. Let me tow you over to my shop and I'll see what I can do."

"My name is Lynn Stevens and that's my daughter Amy. I can pay you some, but I don't have much."

"Let's see what's wrong first. Maybe it's just some little thing."

I backed my truck up to it and hooked a chain to the under carriage.

"You get in and steer. I'll take it easy."

I pulled it over next to my shop and had her pop the hood. I noticed a puddle of oil under it. I got down on my knees and saw a rod sticking through the pan. I stood up and dusted off my pants.

"It don't look good, maam. You have some serious problems with your car. It's not gonna be a quick fix.."

She collapsed right there in the dirt, sobbing.

"Take it easy, maam. It can't be that bad. Maybe I can call your husband and have him pick you up."

I took her by the arm and helped her up.

"No, you can't call him. It's because of him I'm in this mess."

"Well, let's go inside, out of this heat, and maybe we can figure something out."

I took them into the kitchen. It's where all of my family discussions happened. I was hoping Lynn would feel comfortable enough to talk. I needed to distract Amy.

"Amy, are you hungry?"

"Yes, sir."

"How about a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk?"

"I like peanut butter sandwiches."

"OK, you sit there and I'll make you one."

With her occupied I asked Lynn.

"We can't call your husband, how about your folks?"

"I can't call them either. I ran away when I was eighteen. I'm not sure where they are, anyway. I haven't talked to them in years."

"No brothers or sisters, anyone that can help?"

"No, it's just me and Amy."

"Correct me if I'm wrong. You're on the run from your husband. You don't have much money and your car just died. I suspect you don't have a destination, either."

She hesitated with her answer. I though I heard her stomach growl.

"All of that's true."

"When's the last time you ate?"

She hesitated again.

"Day before yesterday."

Without saying anything, I raided my fridge and made her up a quick Dagwood sandwich. I poured her a glass of milk and set it in front of her.

"Eat."

Amy finished her sandwich and milk.

"Mommy, can I watch cartoons?"

Lynn looked at me.

"Come on, Amy. Let's see if we can find some. You get in my big chair there, OK?

I found the Disney Channel and went back to the kitchen. She had just finished eating.

"It looks like you're stuck here for a while. Let's get your stuff out of you car. We'll get you and Amy set up in my spare bedroom."

"I'm sorry. I really don't want to be a burden."

"It doesn't look like you have many other options, now, does it. You can stay here till we figure out what we're going to do about you."

"Remus, I can't thank you enough for taking us in. I don't know what I would have done."

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I just walked away and left you there. They would have towed your car and left you afoot."

I looked over at Amy. She had fallen asleep.

"Looks like your little one conked out."

"She's been through a lot. I completely uprooted her."

"You're running awfully hard away from your husband. You don't have much money and no place to land. I'm wondering what drove you to take such drastic steps."

She looked down at her lap like she was debating telling me.

"It was for Amy."

"You can talk to me. I'm a good listener."

She took a deep breath and started.

"My husband was what people call a control freak. I had to account for every minute I was away from him. I never had access to any money, except what he gave me. It was hard, but I didn't have much choice."

"One day I walked by the bedroom and I saw him laying on the bed naked. He had taken off Amy's clothes too and he had her laying on his stomach. His erection sticking up between her legs. I almost fainted. I knew then I had to leave. I had to protect Amy from him. I borrowed some money from my next door neighbor, packed up some clothes and started driving. The only money I spent was on food for Amy and gas. I had to get as far away from him as possible."

Rage swept through me. Lynn saw it and her eyes got big.

"I'd like ten minutes alone with him. There's no place on this earth for people like that."

I took a couple of deep breaths and calmed down. Just then my phone buzzed. I put it on speaker.

"Hi, Will. What's up."

"It's Charlie again. His tractor is down. He has about twenty acres of cover crop to disk under."

"What, again. That damn tractor must be old enough to vote."

"I hear ya. I can't get away till next week. Can you run over and take care of it for him?"

"Yeah, I can. I'll go first thing in the morning."

"Your a good man, Remus. Talk to you later."

"Bye. Will."

"Is Charlie a friend of yours?"

"Yeah. He's what we call a marginal farmer. He only has about a hundred acres and just squeaks a living out of it. He plants a cover crop so he doesn't have to buy so much fertilizer and pesticides. He doesn't have the money to buy new equipment, so we help him out."

Amy stirred and woke up. She went straight to Lynn and crawled up in her lap.

"You sure do make beautiful babies, Lynn. She's a real cutie."

"I know. I just love her to death. She's a real easy keeper too."

"She sure is keeping her eye on me."

"She's that way with most strangers. She'll warm up to you soon."

"I have a couple of hours of work I have to do. I've got twenty acres of alfalfa that needs wind rowing. It's almost read to bale. You and Amy make yourselves at home. I'll see you in a while."

Two hours later I walked in the back door and Amy met me.

"We did laundry.'

"You did? That's good. Can't be running around in dirty clothes, can we."

She grabbed me by the finger and let me to the laundry room. Lynn was folding my boxer briefs. She was wearing a pair of shorts and a t shirt. Her back was to me so I gave her a visual going over. It was all good from the back. Nice legs going up to a tight looking little ass.

"I hope you don't mind. I saw you hamper was full and did a load for you too."

"Heck no, I don't mind. I hate doing laundry. I wait till I'm almost out of everything before I do it."

She turned and handed me a stack of my clothes. Her braless breasts swayed under her t shirt, her dark nipples shining through. I wondered is she was showing me or just getting comfortable.

She saw me look and blushed.

"Here, you put them away. I don't want to invade your bedroom."

As I turned she asked if I wanted some coffee. Of course she got a yes.

I put my clothes away and went into the kitchen. On the way I noticed vacuum marks in the carpet and in the kitchen I saw all the dishes were drying in the rack. She was pouring two cups of coffee.

"Wow, Lynn. You keep this up and I may just keep you here."

"I figured it was the least I could do. I don't want to be a freeloader."

"Mommy. Can I watch Dora the Explorer?"

"Yes, honey. I'll turn it on for you."

She turned on the TV and came back as sat down.

"How big is your farm, Remus?"

It's eight hundred acres."

"Do you do all the work by yourself?"

"I hire some during the harvest and to handle the cattle. I buy feeder calves and pasture them till they're big enough to sell. Now is kinda slow. I'm getting my last cutting of alfalfa ready to bale. Then all I have left is the pumpkin patch to worry about."

"You grow pumpkins for the stores here?"

"Oh no. They're for the kids. Just before Halloween they come and pick one out. It's quite a sight seeing all those smiling faces carrying them away."

"That's really nice of you to do that. You seem really involved in the community."

"My family has been on this land for a hundred and fifty years. When they freed the slaves my relatives owner gave it to him."

I don't see a woman's touch around here. You never married?"

"I was for a while. She ran off with some slick lawyer type. I think she ended up in San Antonio."

"That must have been hard for you."

"Yeah, for a while. It was two years ago, so I'm all over it now. I think he had his eye on half of the farm. It's still in my Dad's name so they didn't get that much."

"I'm sorry about all the questions. I was just curious."

"No problem. I don't have many secrets."

"OH, I found some steaks in the freezer. They're thawing out. How about you grill them and I'll fix the rest."

"Now, how can I pass on a deal like that."

We had just finished eating and Lynn got up and poured me a cup of coffee. She started clearing the table.

"You drink your coffee, I got this."

In no time at all she had the dishes drying in the rack.

"Lynn, it's been a while since there's been a woman's touch around here. It sure feels good."

"It's the least I can do, Remus. After all, you've taken Amy and I in."

"Well, like I said. It sure does feel good."

"It's almost Amy's bedtime. I need to get her ready."

"If you need anything, just ask."

She took Amy by the hand and they disappeared in the spare room. A few minutes later I heard the water running in the bathtub. I moved over to my recliner and turned on the TV.

I sat there, running different ideas through my head. What the hell am I going to do with these two lost souls. I didn't know if she and any job skills. I suspected she hadn't worked while she was married. That didn't fit the control that her husband would use on her. He would keep her completely dependent on him.

Maybe I could get her into some kind of job training classes at the college. I decided to let it go for now. I didn't have enough information about her yet. I needed to talk with her about it.

Amy came running out in her little flannel pajamas. She stopped in front of me and smiled. I patted my lap and she climbed up. She got on her knees and hugged me around my neck. She kissed me on the cheek and settled down on my lap. I looked at Lynn. She was just smiling.

"Looks like I have a friend."

"She decided she likes you. You'll probably get a hug every night now."

"This is all kind of new to me. I haven't been around little ones that much."

She laughed.

"Don't worry. She'll show you how."

In just a few minutes she was asleep.

"Looks like you have another task. You get to tuck her in."

"Well, I think I can handle that."

I cradled her in my arms and stood up. She stirred and looked at me. She rewarded me with a little smile.

"You ready for bed, little one?"

"Uhuh."

I carried her into the bedroom and tucked her in. She pulled me down and gave me another kiss. I kissed her on the forehead. She turned on her side and pulled her teddy bear in her arms.

"Good night, Mr. Remus."

"Good night, little one."

Lynn was standing in the door with a big smile.

"Be careful. She'll have you wound around her finger in no time at all."

I just smiled. It flashed on me that Lynn may have an idea of being here for a while. Seeing those breasts swaying and those nipples poking out made me think it might not be a bad idea. I made a mental note to call my friends with benefits tomorrow and give them the bad news. I would be out of action for a while.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to get my stinky self cleaned up."

She just smiled and walked away. I got out a pair of shorts and a t shirt. I showered, shaved and brushed my teeth. A little dab of after shave and I headed for my recliner. Lynn was parked on the couch with her legs pulled up under her. I glanced at those dark nipples one more time. My cock twitched. I was having all kinds of nasty thought about her, but I didn't want it to seem like I was taking advantage of her being down and out.

She handed me the remote.

"You can watch the rest of this if you want."

She shook her head.

"I'm a little tired. I think I'll read myself to sleep. Goodnight."

"Good night, Lynn."

I watched her ass cheeks wiggling around as she walked away. My cock stirred again.

I finished up at Charlies in the early afternoon. I got home at about two and saw Lynn and Amy in the back yard under the big oak tree. Lynn was laid out on a chaise lounge and Amy was at the table with her coloring book. I wandered over and sat down.

"Looks like you two found my favorite afternoon spot."

"Oh my god. It's so nice out here. So quiet and peaceful. I can see why it's your favorite.

"I have been known to take an afternoon nap out here."

"I'll bet. Did you know you have a family of squirrels living up there. They've been checking us out for quite a while."

"Oh yeah. We're old friends. I feed them some nuts in the fall. Just in case they don't have enough put away."

She nodded her head and smiled, like she agreed that it was a good idea. I wondered what was going on in her mind. It was like she was taking notes about me. I chuckled to myself. Who the hell knows what goes on in a woman's mind, except maybe another woman.

"Remus, If I'm going to be cooking for us, I need to go grocery shopping. Your kitchen is getting kind of bare."

"OK, let me get cleaned up and I'll run you into town. I need to go to the hardware store too."

I took a quick shower and got dressed. I remembered that I would need the car seat for Amy. I got it out of Lynn's old junker and hooked it up in my truck. We all loaded in and headed to town. I dropped her off at the supermarket and handed her two hundred dollars.

LincolnSST
LincolnSST
111 Followers