A Hero's Story Ch. 04-05

Story Info
His quest begins.
1.5k words
4.31
20.5k
2

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/03/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kento
Kento
2 Followers

Chapter 4: Deal with a Warlock

With Ken on his back Oden set out to Elth. As the two entered the gates, they saw magnificent structures. Fountains that emitted a liquid with every color of the rainbow, the buildings were cone and pyramid shaped with beautiful silver mists traveling around them. The two saw every glorious detail; this was truly a city of magic.

"We should probably go to see a healing wizard; we can fix those wounds Oden." Ken said still gazing around the town on the beasts back.

"I am fine human, I do not need any help from a warlock." He replied, a slight growl was heard after what he said.

Ken got off his back and pointed towards a large tent, it was a magic shop. The place emitted a purple fog from inside, taking many different shapes as it left.

"C'mon, let's go!" Ken entered the mysterious tent and annoyed yet trusting, Oden followed.

As the two peeked inside, many different objects surrounded them. The shop held lamps and dolls, there were several different animal paws, misshapen statues, and paintings of agony and anguish, this place had the oddest of items.

"Ah! A customer! Come in! Come in!" The man was a short one. Robes hid his figure and a hood concealed his face. Though they both knew he had a suspicious grin on his face.

"Excuse me, but I am looking for something that can help my friend. He had an encounter with a wild Fira on the way here and we need something that can heal his wounds." Ken said, concerned if this mans intentions were good or not.

"Ah yes, met me take a look at you, come in and let me have a look." Oden stepped into the tent and sat down, his wounded side facing the odd man. "Ah yes, all you need is a little of this." The man withdrew a pouch from his robe and placed his hand in it. He extracted a power from the pouch and spread it over Oden's wounds. The closed up almost immediately. Ken caught a glimpse of the man's pale and feeble hand. He also noticed something more interesting about that hand.

"Wait!" Ken said as abruptly as the old man finished. He turned and looked to him with a questioned look. "What is that on your hand?"

"N... Nothing. It is nothing at all young one, just an old mans frail old hand!" He was concerned about the question given and quickly hid his limb from him.

The wolf growled at the old man and stared with fierce eyes at him. "My friend asked you a question, dare you not answer for him!?"

He looked at Oden, then to Ken. "It is an ordinary ring. That is all."

"I saw that ring and it glowed! Noordinary ring glows like that, you are a warlock!" Ken pointed to the man and gave him a disgusted glare.

"How can you tell he is a warlock?" Oden asked.

"The difference between a warlock and wizard is that a warlock wears a glowing ring. A wizard wears gauntlets or bracelets that only shine." He replied quickly, not taking his eyes off the newfound enemy.

"It is true I am a warlock young one, but that does not matter now, for your friend is in more danger than you think! I may have healed his wounds but the powder is venom running through his blood now. I am a merciful warlock, bring me proof that you are true champions and I will heal him." He said, giving a wicked laugh.

"How?" The wolf asked with a snarl.

"Get me, the Leaf Orb." He smiled, considering many have tried, but no man has gotten to high up the Tower of Forest without dieing.

"Fine! We'll do it!" Ken said, determined to help Oden.

"Give us an aid warlock." Oden added. "Lend us a Firestone."

"Fine, like it will matter, you'll die before it can be used." The warlock gave Ken a firestone and he shoved it into his right pocket.

* * *

Chapter 5: Fortress of the Fighter.

Ken hopped onto Odens back and without a word the two left instantly.

Soon, they were on a clear-cut path to the tower. Creatures did occasionally emerge from the vast forest. Wanting to waste no time with them, Oden jumped at them, and with powerful jaws, snapped at their heads.

"Oden! Why did you want a firestone?" Ken asked looking straight ahead.

"A firestone can emit a great amount of fire depending on the wielder whom has it within their grasp. I assumed you would have the ability to bring out much potential within it, seeing as how you are meant to be savior of the land." He smirked as he finished his sentence.

The rest of the way to the tower was filled with silence, and if rarely a creature did come into sight, they avoided it and kept running. As the two approached the Tower of Forest, Ken gazed in wonder as he saw it. Though it was not enormous, it was a massive structure. Ken hopped off of Oden and ran up the many steps to the black fortress.

"I'll be back, wait here and relax. I promise I won't be long." With that, Ken ran into the Tower, leaving Oden outside.

Inside the tower, there were unimaginable things; Plants taking the form of strange creatures and living vines ran up and across walls. This was the first step in his adventure, and Ken would make sure this went well.

He walked through examining the plants feasting off of meatless skeletons, hanging skeletons, small trees fighting over bodies. Nothing prepared him for what happened next. Two vines grabbed his left arm and leg, and two others grabbed his right arm and leg, pulling him either way. He looked to the sources of the vines and saw two plant-like ogres competing forhim! They wanted his carcass as their trophy!

Unable to reach his sword, unable to even move, thesethingswere going to split him in half. He concentrated hard and tried to pull back on the vines, but it was useless, they were much stronger than he was. All hope seemed lost, he was going to die before he could even do anything, Oden would be killed too, the whole world would be obliterated because of his failure!

As he looked to his right, and gave a furious look to the ogre, as he did, flames from his body ran up the vines and engulfed the monster in flames. Now with one side free, he looked down his right side and saw the firestone glowing. It acted upon what he needed. He took it out and pointed it to the other fiend and it caught fire also. With this tool he could eliminate all the vile plants here. He ran up the stairs and they seemed endless. Ken evaded every enemy he could, setting the ones he couldn't, ablaze. When he got to what seemed to be the last floor, he saw no plants, no stairs, just brick walls.

He walked around and found nothing. There was nothing here. As he traced along the walls he heard a loud crash behind him, as he looked, there was a large human-like knight. This knight was different, its armor was made of leaves, but he had an iron helm on.

"I am Serfan, protector and offspring, of the great Volan!" The knight withdrew a large wooden sword and pointed it towards Ken. "You will die if you choose to stay." The blade emitted a green aura as he swung it to the ground, smashing the floor.

"I'm Ken, the one who's going to kill you, Serfan." With that he pulled out his sword and took his stand, waiting for the knight to attack.

"Have at you demon!" Serfan rushed to Ken with a mighty force.

"What!? Demon?" Ken was surprised, "I'm no demon!"

But his words did not get through to the guardian as he rushed towards Ken, aiming to slice his body clear in half. As the young warrior dodged the heavy blade, he made an attack of his own. Ken quickly stabbed Serfan in the stomach, and the guardian stepped back, bewildered by the technique.

"You are a fine swordsman, though you will not stand for long." He thrust his weapon into the ground, confusing Ken with this move. He quickly realized what happened as vines sprouted from the cracked ground, wrapping themselves around Kens ankles.

"What!?" He struggled to get free, but to no avail. He thought quickly and chopped the creeping plants. More sprouted after him, and Ken jumped to dodge them. Wherever he went, more followed, trying to pin him down. Infinite numbers attacked Ken, and he quickly avoided them.

"You cannot escape! They will devour you!" Serfan shouted, standing in the center of the chamber.

"Wrong!" Ken replied, "Not if I take you out first!" With that said, he moved quickly towards his enemy. He cut the foe with one swipe, and added more, to make sure of his defeat.

The room was still crawling with the deadly vines, and Ken had to get out as soon as he could. The door of his escape was on the opposite wall of him; and so he Ran, slicing the vines.

Kento
Kento
2 Followers